MSPA Forums
Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2453

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Pronouns
    [any]

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

Woah why are their legs so long lol OH they're like stepping forward. Okay that's pretty awesome. that would fit well in the Aradia-Sollux sequence that we already have.

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Lol, I just tried standing in that position and now my leg hurts. XD

Functionally Illiterate PrussianMoose's Avatar
    Land of Mountains and No Air Conditioning
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

@theDude: Lol, if it don't come across as perspective I'll totally fix it; I really just wanted to get my foot in the door on this project so I kind of rushed the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude3445 View Post
    Also Karkat is the parkour master. It is him. He better do wall jumping via two large tentacles :P
    Hate to be off topic, but guys, can this happen? Can that Karkat picture be used for that please or something of similar nature?

Pronouns
    [any]

It'll be used as long as you finish it and the art is good, probably. Doing other scenes in the same sequence wouldn't hurt, either.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Oh man guys. This is just way too awesome. Sorry to say that I can't contribute in art in anyways, but I can definitely provide moral support. I give this fan project over 9000 thumbs up. I love the few flash segemnts made so far and can't WAIT for this project to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    Also Karkat is the parkour master. It is him. He better do wall jumping via two large tentacles :P
    Hate to be off topic, but guys, can this happen? Can that Karkat picture be used for that please or something of similar nature?
    Problem with that.. knowing the king being the big bully guy he his he would probably notice Karkat and his wall/tentacle jumping. He would probably just squish him between his tentacles. That is, if we're trying to keep this somewhat logical... Still like the idea though.

Pronouns
    [any]

Black King has a lot of tentacles and he is currently battling Karkat already, so him jumping between two tentacles as he tries to dodge the ones lunging at him would be perfectly logical. For a fight scene at least :P

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Black King has a lot of tentacles and he is currently battling Karkat already, so him jumping between two tentacles as he tries to dodge the ones lunging at him would be perfectly logical. For a fight scene at least :P
    Hmm. That's quite true... Well that's just me. Forgetting to COMPLETELY think things through. I did notice something interesting. Karkat stands alone. I think that maybe the other trolls should be doing SOMETHING while Karkat starts the first attack on the king. Maybe finishing off any dersites left?

Pronouns
    [any]

No I think they just stand around, at least in the first few sequences.. By Equius/Nepeta's, the other trolls would be fighting in the background too I guess? The trolls were apprehensive about fighting BK at first and Karkat attacked first as a show of leadership, then people attacked as they became confident, which is why Terezi attacked second; because she trusted Karkat the most out of all the other trolls. Well I guess that's why, maybe their strategy was just to attack 1 or 2 at a time due to shenanigans.

Queen of Swords egotisticSwordswoman's Avatar

No I think they just stand around, at least in the first few sequences.. By Equius/Nepeta's, the other trolls would be fighting in the background too I guess? The trolls were apprehensive about fighting BK at first and Karkat attacked first as a show of leadership, then people attacked as they became confident, which is why Terezi attacked second; because she trusted Karkat the most out of all the other trolls. Well I guess that's why, maybe their strategy was just to attack 1 or 2 at a time due to shenanigans.
    I think it's less that they're attacking 1 or 2 at a time as much as that they start spreading out and attacking different parts of the enormous king. Karkat starts the actual charge and Terezi following it up before the rest properly fighting him makes sense. And as they do, they clump into the pairs who are used to fighting together.

As we get into the more finished versions of the later characters, it would be very cool if we can have faint glimpses of the others in the distance and the background. At the very least there's going to be floating, blinking Aradias through out the battle.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Well all Karkat REALLY did was slice up tentacles, fight some dersites and lay on the ground useless. Unless there is a point where he actually DOES damage to the king himself.

Also another suggestion if i may: Perhaps we could get a part where Feferi stabs a tentacle with her trident thing or whatever it's called at this point, and uses that as a springboard to propel herself towards the kings face, ultimately dealing some damage. And maybe we could make a picture similar to this one for her flying towards him? (of course minus the SWIM.)

As we get into the more finished versions of the later characters, it would be very cool if we can have faint glimpses of the others in the distance and the background. At the very least there's going to be floating, blinking Aradias through out the battle.
    That sounds like a good idea. Good perspective and maybe give viewers a better sense as the others are still actually there. This could work with Feferi's springboarding, where you see Eridan in the background FZAAAAAAPING a tentacle or something.
    Last edited by Destradious; 05-21-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Maybe she tears a chunk off the Black King's torso instead of the face?

We have a lot of characters going for the face.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Destradious View Post
    Well all Karkat REALLY did was slice up tentacles, fight some dersites and lay on the ground useless. Unless there is a point where he actually DOES damage to the king himself.

Also another suggestion if i may: Perhaps we could get a part where Feferi stabs a tentacle with her trident thing or whatever it's called at this point, and uses that as a springboard to propel herself towards the kings face, ultimately dealing some damage. And maybe we could make a picture similar to this one for her flying towards him? (of course minus the SWIM.)

That sounds like a good idea. Good perspective and maybe give viewers a better sense as the others are still actually there. This could work with Feferi's springboarding, where you see Eridan in the background FZAAAAAAPING a tentacle or something.
    Your idea is extremely weird because it's exactly what I posted in my storyboard for the Eridan-Feferi sequence:
    Needless to say yeah that image will most definitely be re-used for this flash just because it was awesome :P And you're right about Karkat; he is knocked out and doesn't do any damage until the 4:13 - 4:35 sequence (which I also storyboarded in the above quote), where he blows up a meteor with Terezi, and he'll most likely do something in the 5:14 - 5:32 sequence, which is in between Gamzee and Vriska's.

More little storyboards for the Trolls-fighting-Dersites.

They're both not necessarily finished, but they're supposed to be veryyy short since there isn't a lot of time to show them all fighting. I'll probably make another one for Sollux, but I guess it could still be of some use somewhere else.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

WOAH. Great minds think alike! XD seriously though, take the springboard idea to mind. it's up to you editors to actually add it in.

You know, maybe at some point we could have a transition to [S] Flip. With that same freaky scratched up disc unstable animation. (or a skip in the song) Possibly in terezi's area. Although her storyboard has been laid out already. just a thought.

OKAY, THAT SOLUX ARADIA FLASH COULD'T POSSIBLY BE ANY EPICER. ESPECIALLY THE PART WHERE SOLUX SEEMS TO FLIP OUT.

Pronouns
    [any]

This flash would take place, chronologically-speaking, right after http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scr...p?s=6&p=005261, to act as a flashback after Karkat's final memo. Plus the music is already done :P

The problem with the springboard idea is that Feferi would have no weapon to deal damage with. Though in my storyboard she loses her weapon after throwing it so she's useless for the rest of the battle up unless someone can think up a way for her to get it back before the 5:14 - 5:32 sequence.

Morphosky you are so awesome. Those storyboards are pure win, just saying. We get 55 seconds to have all this junk so scenes can easily take like 5 or 7 seconds each, so those are fine.

Also this convo reminded me. If it's no trouble, would anyone want to animate the Feferi/Eridan storyboard to see how it could work? I have an MSPaint sketch of it but that still doesn't convey... well anything :P
    Last edited by Thedude3445; 05-21-2011 at 10:00 PM.

That one town with the guy called YCobb in it.

derp guess who sucks at remembering to do things

Added wings, thought it would be neat if they were the part of the body that reflected the bifurcation.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5924142/Tran...ing%20copy.psd
    .PSD if anyone wants to mess with the wings some more or make them not red/blue.
    ๏̯͡๏)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    Hey, that's nice! That could work for the beginning when the trolls are watching the Black King just fine!
    The problem is that this style would probably clash with what other people have/will made/make for the other trolls.
    Wrong, this doesn't clash with the other styles, the other styles clash with this. It's brilliant.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Or it could be in a different segment entirely, not just the Vriska one.

Okay I'm not complaining since I'm not contributing to the art anyway but IMO there is way too much Vriska art. Nepeta and Karkat barely have anything and Feferi really doesn't have anything. With all this Vriska artwork, the storyboard may actually be complete except for the closeups of the hands, feet, reaction images, etc. I think I will check that now actually.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    The Vriskas would be at
    5:46- This is a back-facing picture.
    5:47-

5:56-
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearhands View Post
    6:00-
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitousArtisan View Post
    Though It would have to be changed a little for a few other really good Vriska images that we have, and there'd probably be one more right after the reaction images. Vriska at 5:56 would also have to change into her God Tier outfit before actually throwing the dice. And at 6:12 there must be clouds that show visions of the future :P
    The pic doesn't work for 5:47; there'd need to be a hand holding the dice that matches the style.

I am unfazed by human bluhs. Jackie's Avatar

TEAM BLUUUUUUUU!

Am I doin' it right?

I heard someone's already doing this Team Blue thing. Anyone mind a-poking me to A) Stop it, Drop it; or B) Collab? I'd rather leave the original troll/human who had their mitts on this first have dibs than encroach on enemy territory.

Also first time on forums. Hallo world.

I'm rudely falling from a parachute on this thread and geving you some test Terezi. Horrible background is horrible.
    ShelterCaged RP accounts:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    Hey, that's nice! That could work for the beginning when the trolls are watching the Black King just fine!
    The problem is that this style would probably clash with what other people have/will made/make for the other trolls.
    i was worried about that.

i'm up for drawing for other scenes though, like feferi's (and eridan's?) parts or others that need more art.

your friendly auxiliatrix felicitousArtisan's Avatar
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: TEAM BLUUUUUUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Am I doin' it right?

I heard someone's already doing this Team Blue thing. Anyone mind a-poking me to A) Stop it, Drop it; or B) Collab? I'd rather leave the original troll/human who had their mitts on this first have dibs than encroach on enemy territory.

Also first time on forums. Hallo world.
    Hi, I'm afraid I'm already doing the two teams, and I'm the third person to attempt this Herculean task. I'm already partway through, and I'm doing fine. The last thing we need is another unfinished introduction shot right now.
    You're a good artist and we could probably really use your skills elsewhere, though. Maybe ask Obal what he needs right now, or make 'fighting Dersites' material or ask people working on sections of specific Trolls if they need a hand?

Duke of Revision mechanicalProfessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morphosky View Post
    More little storyboards for the Trolls-fighting-Dersites.
    please make that into a profile picture thing.
    also holy tits i missed a lot of work, didn't I? welp, time to point out flaws again!

also i will be away for the day. I am literally gone fishing.