MSPA Forums
Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2453

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Okay, finished the Kanaya pic that I put way to much work into for it only being in the flash for like, half a second XD

Eat it up Morph ;D
    Last edited by maliciousSketch; 07-05-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by maliciousSketch View Post
    Okay, finished the Kanaya pic that I put way to much work into for it only being in the flash for like, half a second XD

Eat it up Morph ;D
    Dude that looks amazing... except that the skirt isn't shaded and that's bugging me because the rest of the image is :P
    http://i.imgur.com/Nsk4C.gif Squiddle Session Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude3445 View Post

Eat it up Morph ;D
    Dude that looks amazing... except that the skirt isn't shaded and that's bugging me because the rest of the image is :P
    I was hoping to get away with that, but you and a friend pointed it out, so I guess I have no choice.

Pronouns
    [any]

Eat it up Morph ;D
    I was hoping to get away with that, but you and a friend pointed it out, so I guess I have no choice.
    Sorry OCD :P It actually probably wouldn't even matter that much since the image would last less than a second before she jumps, but go ahead.

BAM! Shaded for the two people who noticed that there was no shading. Slave drivers >:O

Edit: I did a spotty job on the shading, sry about that. Looks very slapped on... which it kinda was.
    Last edited by maliciousSketch; 07-05-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Pronouns
    [any]

that is my comment. :P Now you only have like 2 more images left to color and then someone needs to make the close up image and Kanaya's is completely done! It feels like we're advancing way faster than we were back in May. Which makes sense because school's out. We might get the Dersite battle done by the end of July? O_O

lol, it's kinda funny when you realize that when we are like, "what's taking hussie, it's been 5 days sinse the last update", he makes on of these... and it's been months for us

Pronouns
    [any]

lol, it's kinda funny when you realize that when we are like, "what's taking hussie, it's been 5 days sinse the last update", he makes on of these... and it's been months for us
    but he also has a dedicated art team that I think gets paid a little too with stuff like the tip jar.

Duke of Revision mechanicalProfessor's Avatar

i really like doing coloring, so if you have any uncolored stuff that'd be a good thing to send my way. just letting you guys know this.i cant do shading for shit, though, just warning ya about that...

(edit) IDEA TIME!!
    we need a main menu thing for this, and i have some ideas for it;
    first, the play button and a scene-select so that you can skip to your favorite characters' segments.
    next, we could add maybe a commentary thing so contributors could talk about their whatever and stuff.
    last, while trying (and horribly failing) to upload all the stuff submitted so far, i realized that there are some amazing pieces that clash too heavily too actually have a concievable use.
    I have a way to solve this in a way that adds to the flash, and it is to add a gallery of unused content made for the project.

((Edit 2)) I found this and i think it would work well as maybe an alternate preloader; just substitute the kids' planets for the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalProfessor View Post
    i really like doing coloring, so if you have any uncolored stuff that'd be a good thing to send my way. just letting you guys know this.i cant do shading for shit, though, just warning ya about that...

(edit) IDEA TIME!!
    we need a main menu thing for this, and i have some ideas for it;
    first, the play button and a scene-select so that you can skip to your favorite characters' segments.
    next, we could add maybe a commentary thing so contributors could talk about their whatever and stuff.
    last, while trying (and horribly failing) to upload all the stuff submitted so far, i realized that there are some amazing pieces that clash too heavily too actually have a concievable use.
    I have a way to solve this in a way that adds to the flash, and it is to add a gallery of unused content made for the project.

((Edit 2)) I found this and i think it would work well as maybe an alternate preloader; just substitute the kids' planets for the trolls
    I think this idea was brought up earlier in the thread, and I think most of us decided that it'd be best to keep the style of flash that Hussie does.
    In the least offensive way possible.

The unlegendary destinySonic DS Piron's Avatar

Perhaps it could back tacked onto the end, like a button to it on the opposite corner from the return button...

..Eh, or not.
    Cat Venture
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/wd2iun/AwesomeMFZ.gif

Pronouns
    [any]

Putting it at the end as a little bonus would be fine, I think that's what we decided on way back then too.

For preloader I still like the lilypad growing that ArfoWolf did.

Hussie is probably the only one deciding what is happening in his flash animation, while we are many people with different ideas and it takes us time to decide what will actually be in the animation, and, well, that's just a project for fun, so it's not like people are obliged to contribute either :X and I think that would be a bad idea to try to rush things when we are not that many to contribute regularly. We want that animation to be awesome, right?

And by the way, your Kanaya drawing looks great : )

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalProfessor View Post
    last, while trying (and horribly failing) to upload all the stuff submitted so far, i realized that there are some amazing pieces that clash too heavily too actually have a conceivable use.
    That would indeed be a cool idea to have a gallery of unused content, but I don't know if we have someone who knows how to program in flash (I don't ). But in any way, at least, a link somewhere leading to the awesome unused content would be great I think.

EDIT: I looked at the old flash WIP for the beginning of the song, and there was a pan with a background made by FelicitousArtisan, so I started to add Derse Soldiers and stuff. Here's the WIP

I guess the Knights and other gigantic monstrosities stay on the ground because they can't climb on the lilypads... Oh, and there's three different Pawns models :P it was a lot of different layers before I flattened those.
    Last edited by Morphosky; 07-05-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Okay people! Obselescence is on the chatroom, as in this one. Perfect time to ask what you can do and get yourself working on some stuff.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Okay, so, statuswise, I'm still on vacation 'til the end of the week or so, so Flash progress will be virtually nil until then.

But, as a caveat to that, I will thereafter be in the Middle East for two weeks or so with roughly nothing to do, so that should be good for moving forward.

At any rate, the outpouring of Dersite entry scene goodwill has been excellent! At a guess, I would totally say that there's enough to get the scene finished up -- probably even more. So that's pretty rocking.

So at this point, the next step would probably be to fully enact Morphosky's Dersite fight storyboard. Looks like maliciousSketch has been getting a start on that, so that's pretty cool.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Morphosky View Post
    EDIT: I looked at the old flash WIP for the beginning of the song, and there was a pan with a background made by FelicitousArtisan, so I started to add Derse Soldiers and stuff. Here's the WIP

I guess the Knights and other gigantic monstrosities stay on the ground because they can't climb on the lilypads... Oh, and there's three different Pawns models :P it was a lot of different layers before I flattened those.
    That's nice. I think you should add like a giant foot of the Black King on the side, to show the completely ludicrious scale of the Black King. Otherwise there wouldn't be that much point in showing off this big giant army on the ground that the Trolls aren't even going to fight :/

Finished the second Kanaya Sprite. Only one more to do.

(Don't ask about red background. I honestly have no clue how that happened)

Haa Haa, Hee Hee, Hoo Hoo Psych's Avatar

Hello everyone~
    I'm a newbie fan of Homestuck. Barely a week ago I got done catching up and falling in love with HS, esp those Trolls. I decided to become part of the community and probably engage in a way. I found this forum and was surprised by the organization and progress done so far and I thought it was a perfect thing to become a part of~
    I find myself very nervous typing this, this is a huge thing you're all committed to and have been so effectively working on and I would really like to assist in any way possible.
    I working on this (far from finished) drawing of Terezi, possibly before facing off against the Black King after Karkat gets knocked down.

2:05 - 2:12 (125-132s) - Terezi steps over Karkat (who is semi-unconscious on the ground). Shots of her grinning maniacally, holding dragon-sword cane.
    I was kind of going for that, but I don't think she looks maniacal enough > ,>
    I'm open to any comment anyone might have! Actually I would really appreciate it . _.

*Uhm how do i get the image to appear?
    **Nvm got it!
    Last edited by Psych; 07-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Hello everyone~
    I'm a newbie fan of Homestuck. Barely a week ago I got done catching up and falling in love with HS, esp those Trolls. I decided to become part of the community and probably engage in a way. I found this forum and was surprised by the organization and progress done so far and I thought it was a perfect thing to become a part of~
    I find myself very nervous typing this, this is a huge thing you're all committed to and have been so effectively working on and I would really like to assist in any way possible.
    I working on this (far from finished) drawing of Terezi, possibly before facing off against the Black King after Karkat gets knocked down.

2:05 - 2:12 (125-132s) - Terezi steps over Karkat (who is semi-unconscious on the ground). Shots of her grinning maniacally, holding dragon-sword cane.
    I was kind of going for that, but I don't think she looks maniacal enough > ,>
    I'm open to any comment anyone might have! Actually I would really appreciate it . _.

Hi there, and welcome aboard! Your drawing looks really great, but before you continue to work on it, did you know that there is already an established storyboard for Terezi's part of the song? So if you want to contribute for that part, we'll have to work together since I'm the one in charge of it :P I posted a message about it many pages ago, but it's quite possible you didn't notice it, since it's from many pages ago. But we're focusing on more early parts of the song for the moment.

I was reading through the front pages looking at storyboards and drawings, I can't believe I missed that one! I'll have to revisit that page.
    I have no problem in scrapping it and would be more than willing to work together, but what exactly do you mean by earlier parts?

Pronouns
    [any]

We're advancing through the Storyboard linearly, for the most part, and right now we're at the Dersite battle sequence. As you can see in the link, the storyboarding is completely done for the sequence (thanks to Morph), so now we need artists to actually draw the images of the scenes. Kanaya's being done, and Eridan and Gamzee's parts are somewhat complete, but Terezi's is still open.

I really like that Terezi; maybe you could actually fit it into the Terezi Dersite sequence?

I can finish her up and learn how to give her a transparent background (I use SAI btw). From there on someone can pick it up and use it as they please (or not)~
    I'm up for anything, I just need someone to point the way. If you need more Derse Soldiers, a pose, or a specific scene, I'll get on it.
    Sorry for the late reply, was reading a couple of pages back to get into the flow of things.

clearly confused crystallinePerplexity's Avatar

That is one awesome Terezi, Psych

I should probably mention, just so everyone knows, that I'm working on Tavros' part of the dersite fighting sequence...

Thanks Crys!
    I'll put that drawing until someone says otherwise though, I'll be working on Derse soldiers in the meantime

Just putting this out there, but has anyone considered using Vriska's mind control powers on the soldiers or to some extent?