MSPA Forums
Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

We could even do an effect similar to this for Gamzee's attack, and then just show the aftermath.

There's just one thing I'd like to add to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence View Post
    2:23 - 2:32 - Terezi leaps off the platform and plunges the dragon-sword cane into one of the king's eyes (the EYE-rony!) on the last note.
    It bore correcting.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

@Bellstrom: Rock on.

@Differential: Straight-up Tavros. You are the best.

i think it's as simple as dissecting this gif
    not that it has to be done the exact same way
    It's partially "How do I make this look like it's teleporting in" and partially "Okay, how do I make this sync up with the music." The syncing looks like the hardest part, just because the warps are so frequent. :X

It bore correcting.
    Yes it did.

Also, for Gamzee's attack, I sort of imagined it as a really quick flashing sequence of images (sort of like the stuff that happened in the latest flashes), that sort of give you the idea that he's attacking, but not actually what he's doing. Then we see the aftermaths/explosion.

i realized i can help with storyboarding some parts

@obselescence
    forgive me if it's been stated somewhere but what program were you planning on using to put this together

I'm using Flash CS5. Not entirely a professional at it, but I know most of the necessary basics. :X

4/12 Battle-ready Trolls (and Gamzee)

The Red Team is nearly complete! I just need to add Kanaya.

e: I'm using tinypic from now on... Imageshack keeps resizing my stuff and making the quality all grainy and weird. >:[

@Bellstrom: Rock on.

Also, er, which of the Black King's heads are you considering the "main" one? I always thought it was the left one (when viewed from behind), but I just wanted to know to be consistent. (I'm doing the Black King's scared face right now)
    In the least offensive way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellstrom View Post
    Also, er, which of the Black King's heads are you considering the "main" one? I always thought it was the left one (when viewed from behind), but I just wanted to know to be consistent. (I'm doing the Black King's scared face right now)
    I'd figure it to be the left one (when viewed from the front, I guess?). It looks slightly bigger and seems to be more centrally located on the rest of the body, so...

I'd figure it to be the left one (when viewed from the front, I guess?). It looks slightly bigger and seems to be more centrally located on the rest of the body, so...
    Alright, thanks. I'll go fix that. (I guess I thought it was the other one because there's a large lily pad right in front of it that seemed to be a good enough candidate for the trolls' platform.)

Hiiii, I'm new to the forum, it's my first post, and just to explain right away my sometimes weird grammar, English isn't my first language.

I wasn't registered when I noticed this thread, but since I want to help the project, well, here I am! I know how to animate on Flash and Photoshop (still learning though, but I'm actually studying animation and learning a lot of things) , I can draw and I can do storyboards and animatics (if it's needed ).

Here's my Deviantart gallery, if you want to see what I can do : http://petiteetoile.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Morphosky View Post
    Hiiii, I'm new to the forum, it's my first post, and just to explain right away my sometimes weird grammar, English isn't my first language.

I wasn't registered when I noticed this thread, but since I want to help the project, well, here I am! I know how to animate on Flash and Photoshop (still learning though, but I'm actually studying animation and learning a lot of things) , I can draw and I can do storyboards and animatics (if it's needed ).
    Oh wow, thanks for the offer to help.

Is there anything in particular you'd want to work on, like from the current storyboard?

i storyboarded vriska's part but it's really rough and subject to some change
    gif to save space

the slow music goes well with a lot of scrolling
    the times are not exact but you get the idea
    Last edited by t00swift4u; 04-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

@t00swift: Get out of my head! This is almost EXACTLY what I imagined! I think the way you have things laid out will make for a very dramatic ending.

That looks fantastic

Shouldn't they both be? Just because it seems that with Sollux's lusus, both heads seem equally prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    @t00swift: Get out of my head! This is almost EXACTLY what I imagined! I think the way you have things laid out will make for a very dramatic ending.
    i just went by what was written in the OP but thanks

anyway i probably didn't time it right but there are eight of those ting-ting-ting-ting chimes
    technically i only drew seven onlookers so i'll have to figure something out with that
    i'm not sure what the order of trolls should be, aside from that i think gamzee should be last
    in fact i'm not sure he's even looking at it

The OP says the King could be hit with a fireball or something, but I'd like to suggest that maybe he explodes.
    As the final scream builds up, he starts to glow blue from within and then he is completely obliterated by a fireball/explosion/whathaveyou in the shape of the Light symbol as the thunder cracks.

sort of like this in "[s] jade: enter." ???

Is there anything in particular you'd want to work on, like from the current storyboard?
    I can work on Terezi's part, or any other part that needs drawings and storyboards. And I guess that when the pre-production of the project will be done, I can provide drawings of the characters and other things, and animate stuff too. But I don't know how to make the final editing on flash : X and I know nothing about programming.

I actually think that the main problem with deciding Vriska's attack is that it has to be either less powerful or ambiguously comparable to Gamzee's attack -- according to Karkat, anyhow.

So... yeah. What the 88888888 roll does is kind of up-in-the-air.

[QUOTE]I can work on Terezi's part, or any other part that needs drawings and storyboards. And I guess that when the pre-production of the project will be done, I can provide drawings of the characters and other things, and animate stuff too./QUOTE]

Doing Terezi's part would be pretty cool, if that's what you're up for.
    Last edited by Obselescence; 04-09-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Doing Terezi's part would be pretty cool, if that's what you're up for.
    Ok, I'll work on that. It may just take me some time, because school is ending soon and assignments need to be done. But I'm pretty sure I'll work on it anyway.

Let's say I'll try to do something for those parts :

2:05 - 2:12 - Terezi steps over Karkat (who is semi-unconscious on the ground). Shots of her grinning maniacally, holding dragon-sword cane.

2:13 - 2:22 - Terezi slowly walks to the edge of the lily pad platform, slicing at encroaching tentacles with the dragon-sword cane.

2:23 - 2:32 - Terezi leaps off the platform and plunges the dragon-sword cane into one of the king's eyes (the EYE-rony!) on the last note.

2:33 - 2:55 - Black King reels backward. Crabclaw cuts trolls' platform lily pad in half. The Trolls are forced to jump to different lily pads. Terezi could be helping a still-disoriented Karkat. Maybe Vriska fluttering with god tier wings. Equius might be strongjumping with Nepeta in tow. Tavros could have the spaced-out Gamzee as a passenger. Kings' remaining eyes might also be firing red-blue beams ala Sollux, forcing the trolls to dodge those too. Everybody reaches new lily pads safely.
    Last edited by Morphosky; 04-09-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Shot of the Black King's face, watching with obvious terror.

i forgot to say that i was a fan of the idea that terezi would act harmless until close enough to attack

no idea where that blank spoiler is coming from ^

d3l1r1ous rud3br4z3n SirPwnington's Avatar

Wow, this is all looking so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post

no idea where that blank spoiler is coming from ^
    You put the spoiler tags ending after the last quote tag, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPwnington View Post

You put the spoiler tags ending after the last quote tag, I think.
    lesson learned

@obselescence
    i've been listening to the song more and have a stronger opinion on things now
    i'll do more storyboarding as time allows simply because i find it easier than describing stuff

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast