MSPA Forums
Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence View Post
    I envisioned Terezi's creepy blind girl thing as being more like that eery maniacal grin while she's shuffling toward the Black King (maybe tapping the cane on the ground). Like the sadistic legislacerator thing she had going on when she was introduced. "1M COM1NG FOR YOU. H3H3H3H3."
    that's basically what i was thinking :x

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    I always felt that resignation was something that needed a bit more exploring in Vriska's character.
    I'm not sure the links you gave are good examples of parallels here. Vriska would probably be both more confident here because she's God Tier and has luck going more her way now, and much less reluctant to throw in the first place since she isn't euthanizing her effective parent.

I mean, the pose is pretty good. We could put her in that pose. I'm just not sure if there'd be like any symbolic parallels.

Unless we wanted to be weird and capitalize on how spider-like the Black King's face in. Maybe for a second, we could show it like Vriska is imagining the Black King is Spidermom and have her eyes get wide before she snaps out of it.

But I dunno. I'm not actually sure where we'd fit something like that in.

also vriska cares about winning the game
    a lot has changed since those panels (her luck)

reusing that pose would serve to contrast if anything
    Oooh, fair point(s). What if, then, her pose looking at the dice is a callback prompted by Black-King-spider-face, but her subsequent dice rolling--though in the same or similar pose--is presented with a confident expression or a focus on her lack of hesitation to contrast with that initial scene and demonstrate her development?

I envisioned Terezi's creepy blind girl thing as being more like that eery maniacal grin while she's shuffling toward the Black King (maybe tapping the cane on the ground). Like the sadistic legislacerator thing she had going on when she was introduced. "1M COM1NG FOR YOU. H3H3H3H3."
    that's basically what i was thinking :x
    That's good, I'm going to work with that in mind.

And I like the image of the ant crawling, too, so I'm going to put more emphasis on the size difference between Terezi and the Black King and how she "seems" harmless. It'll add something interesting to the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaker View Post
    Oooh, fair point(s). What if, then, her pose looking at the dice is a callback prompted by Black-King-spider-face, but her subsequent dice rolling--though in the same or similar pose--is presented with a confident expression or a focus on her lack of hesitation to contrast with that initial scene and demonstrate her development?
    basically this

thoughts?

basically this

thoughts?
    Is there meant to be an image there or something?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

No, he reacted to the person in his quote.

He means he agreed with it and asks what other people think of it.

I'm going to do a bit of Gamzee
    Warning: It'll mostly be edits of Andrew's work
    oh

I ship all the ships. Monstaman's Avatar

ok i suddenly have a lot to say and i'm sorry for making like every other post
    have to finish up with lord english's coat before i can devote time to actual storyboarding

@monstaman
    -on gamzee: i imagined everything after the thunderclap would be the team (and sure the king too) staring in shock
    Yeah I forgot to mention the bystanders confusion. I'm just saying that Vriska snaps out of it and sees the opportunity before the black king does. Because for Gamzee and the King, it's just a mental thing that happened. Who KNOWS what everyone else sees.

-on vriska: there is plenty of empty space in the song for her to make bad rolls, but her storyboard will need to change somewhat because it's made to be a dramatic "entrance," which wouldn't make sense if by that time we've seen her several times already
    I was just kind of throwing in my ideas. that is an awfully nice storyboard gif you have there. What did you think about the attack itself though?
    I am a human being of unspecified social status and I perform activities of a certain nature for varying lengths of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstaman View Post
    -on vriska: there is plenty of empty space in the song for her to make bad rolls, but her storyboard will need to change somewhat because it's made to be a dramatic "entrance," which wouldn't make sense if by that time we've seen her several times already
    I was just kind of throwing in my ideas. that is an awfully nice storyboard gif you have there. What did you think about the attack itself though?
    your idea for the attack is interesting but might be difficult to animate, especially for a part of the song that is really short and lacking in dramatic stings to time the blows with

i can't visualize it but if someone finds a way to do it sure

The completed Red Team:

I am so happy with that Demonbane Ragripper, you guys. It took forever, but I think it turned out really well. I may try to add a blue glow around Vriska's right hand to show that she's holding her Fluorite Octet.

Next up is the Blue Team....

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Hopy cow, Differential. You rock.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also, I guess this got missed in the whole page-bottom-edit thing:

@t00swift4u, when you say there are empty parts, do you mean like the sections where the Black King's theme plays or what? I'm not really sure what you mean there. :X
    Last edited by Obselescence; 04-11-2011 at 06:40 PM.

@obselescence (i think)
    yes that exactly
    sections that are not dominated by the actions of a single troll or pair of trolls

I've few suggestions to the written storyboard details. Apologies in advance if these have already been discussed, and the main page simply wasn't updated.

Tavros: I'm thinking it would be more fitting if Tavros forfeited his charge at the last moment. Perhaps as he clears the king's defensive strikes, Tavros is in the king's glare. Losing whatever focus and determination he may have had, he abandons his attack run. As a consequence, he veers right into the King's thorn-strike. Then cue the scene with Kanaya. I think the commentary described that the intended idea was his segment was a heroic buildup, but fades near the peak to emphasize the fraidy-cat part of his character that always drags down his potential.

Vriska/Endgame: As we saw in the comic, the king's demise involved his scepter shattering. Since Gamzee's attack was meant to be the most devastating, I think Vriska's impossibly lucky roll creating a powerful energy wave will overshadow the force Gamzee displayed. I think maybe the attack would be better suited focusing on destroying the scepter, and cutting off his power. I would also propose that since the kids were fighting a very close battle with the king, Vriska's lucky roll that saved them would only be really lucky if it was in a moment of impending doom. We could have the king begin charging a powerful attack with his scepter(which causes it to blow in his face when Vriska destroys it), or have the reckoning reach its final seconds before the timer runs out, which is where Vriska steps in.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Rational Absurdity View Post
    Tavros: I'm thinking it would be more fitting if Tavros forfeited his charge at the last moment. Perhaps as he clears the king's defensive strikes, Tavros is in the king's glare. Losing whatever focus and determination he may have had, he abandons his attack run. As a consequence, he veers right into the King's thorn-strike. Then cue the scene with Kanaya. I think the commentary described that the intended idea was his segment was a heroic buildup, but fades near the peak to emphasize the fraidy-cat part of his character that always drags down his potential.
    I would like to suggest that, as he is about to finish his charge, Tavros sees something in the Black KIng reminding him of Tinkerbull (possible 1-2 scene flash to tinkerbull in same position?). He thus forfeits his charge because he could not bring himself to hurt the last remnant of his Lusus.

Vriska's dice attacks are usually specifically named ones from a drop down list defined by her dice rolls, since she rolled her highest (A feat never before achieved presumbably) then the attack should be something obviously powerful and I would think something we've seen before in Homestuck. My personal MENTAL FANFICTION was some kind of attack called GIFT OF THE FIRST GUARDIANS or something, basically an FG-esque energy blast that, in accordance with what Rational Absurdity suggested about focusing on the scepter which I agree with, is aimed directly at the scepter. But it could be anything, something Horrorterror related, maybe meteor related, just some kind of Homestuck self-reference that we recall as being incredibly powerful fits with me.

Just my 2 pence or whatever.

Oh also Sollux/Aradia is an easy section because you've got them both slamming meteors into the King, Sollux VISION TWOFOLD blasting her and the Doomed Aradias maybe coming in a little and aggressing at random points with their signature VRISKABEAT punches.

And that last bits probably already been talked about anyway and sorted nevermind I guess.
    Last edited by John Doe; 04-12-2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Adding stuff

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    The completed Red Team:

I am so happy with that Demonbane Ragripper, you guys. It took forever, but I think it turned out really well. I may try to add a blue glow around Vriska's right hand to show that she's holding her Fluorite Octet.

Next up is the Blue Team....
    Nice work! It's great how the Red Team and Blue Team will pose together in their respective teams.

But just one thing, to me it looks like Terezi is looking at the wrong direction... Oh wait, was that intentional because she's blind?

The proposed edits for Tavros and Vriska's sections seem good to me too. But when you talked about Tinkerbull, that reminded me about something.

Maybe somewhere in the battle, the king kills the sprites? It never got explained to us when and how they got killed, so maybe he did it.

It could be when he strikes the trolls' platform, just before Karkat's part starts. And then Karkat gets very angry and attacks the king while the other trolls quickly run up to their dead sprites or something. Or it could be when their main platform gets cut in half that the sprites fall to their death, I don't like this idea as much though, personally. Then it would seem TOO easy for the king to kill them. Or it could be that accidentally meteors of Aradia and Sollux hit the sprites. That would explain why just after that part, Gamzee snaps.

Personally, I'd like it if the sprites are, before they are killed, at the side because they think the trolls should do it on their own while maybe giving a bit of support (like Nannasprite, occasional healing) or that they support the trolls in their part of the fighting.

Whatever should happen, I think the sprites should be in this. It would just be weird if the sprites got killed without any special reason.
    Last edited by Blaperile; 04-12-2011 at 04:58 AM.

I always felt like the sprites didn't so much die as they just stopped being around. Like, their purpose is to guide players when they enter the session but eventually the players outgrow the need for a guide ad the sprites just sort of...go away.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

But they did die, Equius for example confirmed it. I don't recall any other trolls specifically saying it though.

WRT Tavros' section: I was thinking about him charging the Black King head-on, not taking the time to be careful and think it through. As he gets close to the King, a tentacle plunges through the hood of Tavros' rocket chair, taking out the engine, and he spirals out of control. An Aradiabot grabs him just before he crashes.

I want to put an idea out there (feel free to reject it as it is probably very non-canonical): It might be interesting if Kanaya exhibited some teleportation since she's the Sylph of Space (similar to Vriska zipping around in [S] Wake). Her entrance cuts off Tavros' theme, so her sudden appearance might be fitting. She's all over the place and the King doesn't even know where to look, and then she whips out her lipstick and lops off his crab claw.

As random as this might be, I popped in to say that I would like to help with this project, mostly with storyboarding (or some other art related thing that isn't animating) and possibly throwing ideas out (though, it seems like you guys have that covered, ha ha). The slack in my work load has given me free time, and I'd be more than willing to help out with anything.

Really shitty Karkat storyboard thing:

Also, my brain has apparently decided that we need a clip of Equius hitting an imp baseball-style while using another imp as the bat. Thoughts?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Really shitty Karkat storyboard thing:

Hell yes.

Also, my brain has apparently decided that we need a clip of Equius hitting an imp baseball-style while using another imp as the bat. Thoughts?
    Hell fucking yes.

@differential
    looks cool

i'd just like to say that i see terezi walking in from very far away on the horizon
    that way she can saunter forward for a bit until her theme really starts at 2:12
    it makes for a good contrast to karkat's rushing in

i keep meaning to storyboard this

@differential
    looks cool

i'd just like to say that i see terezi walking in from very far away on the horizon
    that way she can saunter forward for a bit until her theme really starts at 2:12
    it makes for a good contrast to karkat's rushing in

i keep meaning to storyboard this
    Okay, I was was basically just leaving off where the other Terezi storyboard began - with her stepping over the unconscious/semiconscious Karkat. The more ideas we get out there the better, I say!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Okay, this proves that I'm the most shittiest drawer ever. Anyway, this is how I'd imagine that Eridan and Sollux fight together (somewhere between 0:54 and 1:10, like mentioned in the OP) with then a flash-forward to how Eridan recently ko'd Sollux.
    And yeah, I know this looks like Eridan has bunny ears.

Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast