Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2453

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Duke of Revision mechanicalProfessor's Avatar

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Morphosky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Hello everyone~
    I'm a newbie fan of Homestuck. Barely a week ago I got done catching up and falling in love with HS, esp those Trolls. I decided to become part of the community and probably engage in a way. I found this forum and was surprised by the organization and progress done so far and I thought it was a perfect thing to become a part of~
    I find myself very nervous typing this, this is a huge thing you're all committed to and have been so effectively working on and I would really like to assist in any way possible.
    I working on this (far from finished) drawing of Terezi, possibly before facing off against the Black King after Karkat gets knocked down.

2:05 - 2:12 (125-132s) - Terezi steps over Karkat (who is semi-unconscious on the ground). Shots of her grinning maniacally, holding dragon-sword cane.
    I was kind of going for that, but I don't think she looks maniacal enough > ,>
    I'm open to any comment anyone might have! Actually I would really appreciate it . _.

Hi there, and welcome aboard! Your drawing looks really great, but before you continue to work on it, did you know that there is already an established storyboard for Terezi's part of the song? So if you want to contribute for that part, we'll have to work together since I'm the one in charge of it :P I posted a message about it many pages ago, but it's quite possible you didn't notice it, since it's from many pages ago. But we're focusing on more early parts of the song for the moment.
    I do see a good use for this though; it could easily be animated into a shot of her separating her caneblades.

Haa Haa, Hee Hee, Hoo Hoo Psych's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalProfessor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphosky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Hello everyone~
    I'm a newbie fan of Homestuck. Barely a week ago I got done catching up and falling in love with HS, esp those Trolls. I decided to become part of the community and probably engage in a way. I found this forum and was surprised by the organization and progress done so far and I thought it was a perfect thing to become a part of~
    I find myself very nervous typing this, this is a huge thing you're all committed to and have been so effectively working on and I would really like to assist in any way possible.
    I working on this (far from finished) drawing of Terezi, possibly before facing off against the Black King after Karkat gets knocked down.

2:05 - 2:12 (125-132s) - Terezi steps over Karkat (who is semi-unconscious on the ground). Shots of her grinning maniacally, holding dragon-sword cane.
    I was kind of going for that, but I don't think she looks maniacal enough > ,>
    I'm open to any comment anyone might have! Actually I would really appreciate it . _.

Hi there, and welcome aboard! Your drawing looks really great, but before you continue to work on it, did you know that there is already an established storyboard for Terezi's part of the song? So if you want to contribute for that part, we'll have to work together since I'm the one in charge of it :P I posted a message about it many pages ago, but it's quite possible you didn't notice it, since it's from many pages ago. But we're focusing on more early parts of the song for the moment.
    I do see a good use for this though; it could easily be animated into a shot of her separating her caneblades.
    Heh, that was actually what I was going for

has some explaining to do Crumplepunch's Avatar

I am in a terrible quandary.

On one hand, I really want to help out with this.

On the other hand, I am far too lazy to read through the thread and see what needs to be drawn.

Oh, how could this situation be resolved? But how?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Crumplepunch View Post

On the other hand, I am far too lazy to read through the thread and see what needs to be drawn.

...READ THE OP! You're the (insert ridiculously large number here) person to just not look at the OP. Sorry, but it's annoying.

has some explaining to do Crumplepunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenetiXientist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumplepunch View Post

...READ THE OP! You're the (insert ridiculously large number here) person to just not look at the OP. Sorry, but it's annoying.
    Relax, I was kidding.

Here, Karkat inspiring your face off.

How would I even know what this thread was about if I didn't read the OP? I mean seriously.
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 07-06-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Your sarcasm is amusing
    Haa Haa, Hee Hee, Hoo Hoo

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

To be fair, the OP doesn't actually have what's needed right now, specifically. It also needs to be updated with the latest assets and stuff, which I hope to do once I'm stuck out in the desert. :X

But if anybody wants to know what's needed, basically either:

-The trolls posing scene, since felicitousArtisan appears to have left without a note and such, nobody's actually handling that. I've sent aquaticTechnicality (the last person to handle the scene) a note on that, but there's been no response thus far. So... This is something that needs to be done.

-Dersite fight scene. Morphosky has the storyboard set up and such, so it's a bit better planned than the trolls posing scene. This also needs to be done in the interest of forward progress.

I am unfazed by human bluhs. Jackie's Avatar

Does this mean I can take this dusty artifact out of hiding? (Once upon a time...)

(Also the current Red team pic linked in the OP's got an error: Gamz's on the Blue team instead of red, and Nepeta vice-versa. Apparently past-me thought it was a good idea to leave it as-is and not say anything while squirreling this away someplace.)

Even if, I'm still crunching Nepeta/Dersite around. Pfft, tails. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence View Post
    Morphosky has the storyboard set up and such, so it's a bit better planned than the trolls posing scene. This also needs to be done in the interest of forward progress.
    I'm on it.

clearly confused crystallinePerplexity's Avatar

Ok, so this is what I have so far:

Feedback would be highly appreciated ^_^
    (saving as a gif kinda destroyed the sky... anyone know how to solve that problem (with Adobe ImageReady)?)

I am unfazed by human bluhs. Jackie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crystallinePerplexity View Post
    Ok, so this is what I have so far:

Feedback would be highly appreciated ^_^
    (saving as a gif kinda destroyed the sky... anyone know how to solve that problem (with Adobe ImageReady)?)
    Aaaahhh hopy shi- that's seriously amazing. I'm not just saying that, I mean it like, whoa. If it were me, I would just slow it down a tad. XD
    Anyway, the only thing I know what to do about colors is saving yer GIF with color reduction set to Perceptual.
    (Make sure you're got your "Window > Optimization" little group open. There's a tab labeled "Optimize," and if you click that, there's a dropdown menu next to Reduction. Just uh, set that to Perceptual and save optimized as a GIF. )
    Fingers crossed that works out

//edit
    V Below. That was a sweet catch. on my part.
    Last edited by Jackie; 07-07-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Dersite soldiers aren't the same species as troll. The best that she could do is probably just put them to sleep. Even then, the story boards will need adjusting to incorporate that.

(Also welcome to the fandom, enjoy your stay. >:] )
    Vriska mind controled CD into telling DD where the MEOW code was.... i think she also said something about being responcable for exiling most of them in their game this way. I wouldn't put Pawns being much smarter then CD...

Aaaahhh hopy shi- that's seriously amazing. I'm not just saying that, I mean it like, whoa. If it were me, I would just slow it down a tad. XD
    Anyway, the only thing I know what to do about colors is saving yer GIF with color reduction set to Perceptual.
    (Make sure you're got your "Window > Optimization" little group open. There's a tab labeled "Optimize," and if you click that, there's a dropdown menu next to Reduction. Just uh, set that to Perceptual and save optimized as a GIF. )
    Thanks! Changing it to "Perceptual" didn't change much, but tampering with other settings in the optimizaion window did the trick

Edit:
    I slowed down the falling ship, since I think that was what was making it look too fast. Also; now with fixed sky and 100% more crappy smoke effects...
    Last edited by crystallinePerplexity; 07-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.

I made this out of the Dersite storyboard...

http://i.imgur.com/of2EN.png

No big deal.

I might make the Nepeta-attacking too.
    (Sorry if it's not up to par... I use MSpaint. )

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Does this mean I can take this dusty artifact out of hiding? (Once upon a time...)

(Also the current Red team pic linked in the OP's got an error: Gamz's on the Blue team instead of red, and Nepeta vice-versa. Apparently past-me thought it was a good idea to leave it as-is and not say anything while squirreling this away someplace.)

Even if, I'm still crunching Nepeta/Dersite around. Pfft, tails. :V
    Please don't suddenly leave and never come back like the last... 3 I guess people who have tried to make this :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roundy210 View Post
    I think i'll try my hand at Gamzee's part of Morph's storyboard.

Any idea where I can find some Gamzee sprite resources?
    Actually I think that's been done. I know the Dersite/pie is done, and I seem to remember someone making the gamzee too.
    lol I forgot to respond to this :P

Thanks! Changing it to "Perceptual" didn't change much, but tampering with other settings in the optimizaion window did the trick

Edit:
    I slowed down the falling ship, since I think that was what was making it look too fast. Also; now with fixed sky and 100% more crappy smoke effects...
    My problem with this is that Tavros should be freaking out, not smiling. :P
    Read Sandswept. It's a cool fan adventure and it's about Squiddles!

Better?

Hahaha, Tavros's face is priceless

Better?
    I almost forgot to say...

I'm working on Eridian actually shooting the beam, having a lil trouble doing his stance.

Secondly, the ships falling a little fast, slow it a bit down, if you have an ease option in your program, and set it between 75 - 100 to simulate acceleration. It would probably fall in a slight arc too.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrowolf View Post

I almost forgot to say...

I'm working on Eridian actually shooting the beam, having a lil trouble doing his stance.
    Scratch that, I just noticed an art resource thats perferct for this...

Perplex, maybe you can get Morph to add a blur effect in there?

Using this as a base: http://i56.tinypic.com/i3e2z7.gif I have done a couple of Karkat assets for his section against the Black King [not against Dersites].

I'm too lazy to do backgrounds, so someone else is gonna have to do that. Sorry.

Yes Karkat's shoes have the white on the bottom, you just can't tell because of the transparent background. Also in the tentacle slashing, there's a white slash-swoosh indication of Karkat's sickle movement.

I think it'd be best if the aerial acrobatics in the middle of Karkat's segment were in sprite form. If I do another one, it'll probably be Karkat getting hit by the tentacle.
    Last edited by Pixel20; 07-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Working on the 'victory pose' scene from the end of the Dersite fight. The sketch is in the spoiler. I've got Gamzee, Feferi and Sollux done, but they're in separate files and I don't feel like putting them together right now. I altered the composition a little from the storyboard, I hope that's ok. And Karkat should be scaled down a little.

E: The black frame is 650px by 450px

Secondly, the ships falling a little fast, slow it a bit down, if you have an ease option in your program, and set it between 75 - 100 to simulate acceleration. It would probably fall in a slight arc too.
    I don't think the program I use has that function... I'm not entirely sure since I'm not that experienced with it but I've clicked everything that's clickable and have found nothing that would do what you suggest... I tried it again manually and this is about as good as I can get it, if it's still not good enough, perhaps I can send the file to someone who actually knows how to animate...

Finished the kanaya sprites to be used.

Now I'm going to start working on the Karkat and Terezi portions of the dersite fight.

I tried it again manually and this is about as good as I can get it, if it's still not good enough, perhaps I can send the file to someone who actually knows how to animate...

The only thing I can think of is making the flaming ship seperate and getting either me or Obselescence to place it back into the animated sequence.
    Actually, what program do you use?