Join us in Pesterchum memo #HomestuckAoS
Have you ever played DotA, HoN, or LoL? This will be like that, with Homestuck heroes!
Biophysicist is currently drafting a free, multiplayer custom map for Starcraft 2 that lets you pit various kids and trolls against each other. And you - yes, you - can help.
An "AoS" game such as this has up to 10 players choose between two sides, each taking control of a hero of their choice. Each side has a base (Prospit and Derse), which periodically sends AI-controlled troops down three tower-lined "lanes" toward the opposing side. The heroes' roles are to turn the tide of battle, gaining levels and learning powerful abilities to push towards the opposing base and defeat their King.
If you want a demonstration of this gametype, try the free game LoL (ThePowerPlumber's referral link).
- All 16 of the kids and trolls, plus more (Midnight Crew, etc)
- 3 basic abilities, 1 advanced, 1 ultimate per hero
- Fight across LoWaS, LoFaF, the Battlefield, Prospit and Derse (we'd have all four lands, but can only fit 8 terrain textures in one map)
- God-Tier: Late-game, one player per side
- Custom models
- MSPA music
- Voice acting
- Black King / White King bosses for either side
- Item-stat-based alchemy system
How you can help:
- Ideas! Anyone is allowed to pitch in, whether it's adjusting / proposing hero skillsets, devising gameplay elements, or suggesting content. We often have long hash-out sessions over in #HomestuckAoS.
- Art assets
- Sounds and sound editing
- Voice acting
- Models and animations
- Terrain textures
- Doodad models
- Main kid/troll skillsets hashed-out: 14/16
- Item system concept: Needs design work
- Items hashed-out: 0/??
- Models: None yet
- Demo vid: ETA when Bio gets off his ass
- Playable draft / playtesting: TBA
Thanks to ThePowerPlumber for the initial concept. Head over to our SC2Mapster subforum to propose/discuss ideas, or join our hash-out sessions ~nightly in the #HomestuckAoS memo!