MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Estancasa - Homestuck en Español

Estancasa - Homestuck en Español

We have a community at LJ for a Homestuck Spanish translation!
    http://casastuck.livejournal.com

We're advancing slowly but with all our heart poured on it. It sure is a big project! One we hope we make work in the best possible way.

If you like Homestuck and speak spanish, we'd love to hear your thoughts

Also coming soon: http://homestuck-esp.livejournal.com/

It's not ready yet - I need to write down some rules and make a nice layout for it, but it's made already! And we need members. Fanfics, fanart, icons and general discussion should go there.

Permission for Chicken? keepster33's Avatar

Re: Estancasa - Homestuck en Español

Hmm... I'd be willing to help, 5 years of practice in high school and middle school. So, I guess I could even convince my teacher to give me extra credit for this sort of thing.
    Your chumhandle is solarGambler and sometimes you like to mix it up with some... ~Jazzhands~
    All the cool kids are using Tumblr

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

How will they type differently from each other?
    Pronouns: he/thon
    please suggest for this

The exiles and agents' names are going to be a pain, that's for sure.

Edit: After reading some of it I can say picking a particular dialect rather than neutral Spanish is probably the only way to translate it acurately without using really awkward puns and expressions. Too bad I don't know shit of Spain slang tho'.
    Also, you should try to translate it less leteraly and more as if you were retelling the story so it fells more natural.
    Last edited by TODODeygulash; 04-26-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Oh wow, I stumbled onto this on livejournal and now I find it here! This is awesome.

All I can really contribute is my moral support, and quite possibly terrible renditions in audio form.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I entirely support this! I'd want to help too in some ways but I don't know how at all.

Word of advise concerning this translation: try to do it in the most neutral spanish you can, that is, do not use dialect expressions because it will ruin it. Also, try to not be so literal in your translations, and also revise grammar and punctuation. Take this more of a improvement towards a good translation rather than a harsh critique. Some examples of your mistakes:

"PELLETS DE HUMO": Why didn't you just wrote "bola"? "Bolas de humo" are actually an item aspiring magicians like John would use.
    "TORTA": It would be better to translate it as the most neutral "TARTA". Again, do not use dialects.
    "Papi, tus BRAZOS están en tu COFRE MÁGICO.": Why "papi", when in the original says "pooplord" (the fake 'funny' name)? It doesn't make any sense. Didn't you named it "Herculito cagaíto"? Then use it.
    "arma devastante": No, it should be "arma devastadora".
    "¿Es acaso posible volverse más macho recio que eso?": Literal translation from "Is it even possible to get any more hard boiled than that?". Also, you didn't translated correctly "hard boiled", as it should be "tipo duro". But then again, NO dialects, please.

I could continue, but I think you can guess it. I hope my advice helped you. By the way, don't mind if I begin my own translation project of Homestuck into Spanish, as it is something I thought about since my first glance on it.

I'm spanish and I must say, what you have right now isn't that good. Some verbs and words could be changed to look better, and like Anarel said, there are many mistakes that could be changed. For example, HILARANTES CHORRADAS could be changed for BROMAS DESTERNILLANTES, which sounds better and isn't so forced.

I could give a hand, here, but it'd be quite hard, specially with the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosephine View Post
    Oh wow, I stumbled onto this on livejournal and now I find it here! This is awesome.

All I can really contribute is my moral support, and quite possibly terrible renditions in audio form.

This was great.

I could listen to you say "agarrar" all day long.

If you don't know already, there's a repository of panels with the text cleared out here.

forgot to take his pills... GrisHarlequin's Avatar

I'm willing to give my support here! I've been wanting to work on something like this for a while so my friends could read homestuck and I'd like to contribute. I'll be glad to help with anything I can.
    Last edited by GrisHarlequin; 08-21-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Same as GrisHarlequin, I also want my friends to read Homestuck without me having to translate everything for them. You can count with my help, if you need it.
    I'm Taurus, so I hope, uhh, you don't use your mind powers on me. That would be, um, much appreciated, I think.
    Pesterchum: ruthlessNoisemaker // DeviantArt account

what?

I think I've seen this thread floating around.
    Anyway, I'm a Spanish speaker too. If you guys need help with translations, I can try to help, but no guarantees that it will be good. I'm a bit rusty with typing/writing in Spanish, but I can improve if not for the sake of this project.

I've translated up to this page. Is somebody still interested in this?
    I'm Taurus, so I hope, uhh, you don't use your mind powers on me. That would be, um, much appreciated, I think.
    Pesterchum: ruthlessNoisemaker // DeviantArt account

Wow!! I am!! Tell me what I can help with!!!! Pm me if you wanna.

Also, are we still posting in livejournal??

what?

I'm not sure if this would help or not, but I managed to translate Equius' and Aradiabot's first convo.

I'm not sure if that would help or not.
    Buh...I"m not even sure if that was good or not. ==;; (please correct me)
    Also, I have no clue how the hell Equius' quirk works in Spanish.
    Last edited by chamo-chan; 09-04-2011 at 03:08 AM.

I think that "describir" should be "de%cribir".

Everything else is pretty good

Maybe I will translate something too, just for fun...

----------------

Creo que "describir" deberías ser "de%cribir".

El resto está muy bien

Quizas yo traduzca algo y todo por divertirme ^^

I am reading again hivebent and I felt like translating this. It didn't take long because it was moslty laughing! hehe

I know that wasn't Vriska's blue hue but I was lazy to look for the actual one so I just crammed in the default colors.

ALso, I wasn't sure what to put in the last taunt, I thought of "Adios Toreatonto", but considering he goes paralized after that torim8ecil fitted more (besides I needed an excuse to use vriska's 8'ts more often.

Which leads me to this... Vriska's 8's (ate, eight) sound is uncommon in spanish. And the 8 (ocho) sound in spanish is also pretty uncomon. There are a few words that could work like m8 (mucho (a lot) o mocho (limp)) and bizc8 (biscocho (honey bun if you will)) other than that, words sound pretty weird. This problem will also be seen in Equius's 100 and %, some of Eridan and Feferi's fish puns and Nepeta's cat puns. Good luck they die early and leave us less things to translate!

Pleas don't kill me for what I just said...

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Iquer Zyzyx View Post
    I think that "describir" should be "de%cribir".

Everything else is pretty good

Maybe I will translate something too, just for fun...

----------------

Creo que "describir" deberías ser "de%cribir".

El resto está muy bien

Quizas yo traduzca algo y todo por divertirme ^^
    Gracias.
    No estaba segura acerca de come se debe de escribir el quirck de Equius.

:3 Necesito practica.

Quote Originally Posted by GrisHarlequin View Post
    I am reading again hivebent and I felt like translating this. It didn't take long because it was moslty laughing! hehe

I know that wasn't Vriska's blue hue but I was lazy to look for the actual one so I just crammed in the default colors.

ALso, I wasn't sure what to put in the last taunt, I thought of "Adios Toreatonto", but considering he goes paralized after that torim8ecil fitted more (besides I needed an excuse to use vriska's 8'ts more often.

Which leads me to this... Vriska's 8's (ate, eight) sound is uncommon in spanish. And the 8 (ocho) sound in spanish is also pretty uncomon. There are a few words that could work like m8 (mucho (a lot) o mocho (limp)) and bizc8 (biscocho (honey bun if you will)) other than that, words sound pretty weird. This problem will also be seen in Equius's 100 and %, some of Eridan and Feferi's fish puns and Nepeta's cat puns. Good luck they die early and leave us less things to translate!

Pleas don't kill me for what I just said...
    Excelente! Me encanto! Creo que lo escribiste bien.

You did a good job on that conversation.
    I think your idea for Vriska's "ocho" quirk works nicely, though I think m8 might be confusing if you are typing "mucho" or "mocho".
    For the most part, most of the troll quirks (Karkat, Aradia, Tavros, Sollux, Kanaya, Terezi, and Gamzee's) are pretty easy to translate in Spanish. Though Nepeta, Vriska, Equius, Eridan and Feferi's quirks are a bit difficult, mostly because of the pronunciations of some words (as in the case with Vriska and Equius) and of course the animal puns (for Nepeta, Eridan, and Feferi).

I think maybe we should decide on how the quirks will look. o3oa

Also, a heads up.
    Right now, I'm translating "John and Dave: Respond to memo."
    I might post it up once I'm done.

cool!!! Equius might not be that much of an issue, there are several words with x we could use, e%elente, e%acto, etc, but the %%ing is untranslatable. The sound for x in spanish is "equis", I can´t mention a word that contains it. Most possibly we´ll have to use only the % replacement unless we were willing to change the meaning of several puns. And we might need to omit the doublecrossing one too....

For nepeta we could use the spanish translation for meow ´miau´ which might work the same way.But once again, it´ll nigh impossible to translate the puns and it might be better to omit or rewrite several of her logs to insert more according puns without taking away the theme of the dialogue.

And for the glubbers. Glub is translated to glup, glu, blup or blu in spanish,but there might be other regional variants I don´t know. I certainly haven´t heard the neutral spanish onomatopeia so I guess glup might do it. Still, glupeando sounds sorta lame, and since most fish in spanish contain the word pescado in their names it might prove a nuisance.

For these four characters I´d propose to rewrite their logs using more language appropiate puns. We should also make a reference list to which refer to insert these puns. They are gonna be a hell to write, but we hafta make an effort!!!

what?

Quote Originally Posted by GrisHarlequin View Post
    cool!!! Equius might not be that much of an issue, there are several words with x we could use, e%elente, e%acto, etc, but the %%ing is untranslatable. The sound for x in spanish is "equis", I can´t mention a word that contains it. Most possibly we´ll have to use only the % replacement unless we were willing to change the meaning of several puns. And we might need to omit the doublecrossing one too....

For nepeta we could use the spanish translation for meow ´miau´ which might work the same way.But once again, it´ll nigh impossible to translate the puns and it might be better to omit or rewrite several of her logs to insert more according puns without taking away the theme of the dialogue.

And for the glubbers. Glub is translated to glup, glu, blup or blu in spanish,but there might be other regional variants I don´t know. I certainly haven´t heard the neutral spanish onomatopeia so I guess glup might do it. Still, glupeando sounds sorta lame, and since most fish in spanish contain the word pescado in their names it might prove a nuisance.

For these four characters I´d propose to rewrite their logs using more language appropiate puns. We should also make a reference list to which refer to insert these puns. They are gonna be a hell to write, but we hafta make an effort!!!
    That's what I was thinking too.
    In this case, re-writing some of the dialogue in a way that doesn't change the meaning too much would be better.

though the same also goes for other dialogues, since some puns are easier to understand in English, plus, there's also Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff and Problem Sleuth puns to work with.
    Last edited by chamo-chan; 09-06-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Im interested in this project, i want to participate in this, also i translated from the beggining to the first physical appareance of rose, i got a lot of troubles with some sprites on some gifs and flash but im planning to go as far as i can without lose my sanity.

also my english is crap, i know.

Yussssss!!! more peeps!!! Don't worry you can speak in spanish if you want!

what?

Bienvenido~ Me da gusta que muchos de ustedes tienen interés en este proyecto. A lo mejor podemos empezar a traducir Act 1. o3oa
    Pero... no se somo puedo ayudar, ya que empece las clases aquí en la uni. Ojala que tendré tiempo para ayudar.

Argh, finally i finished the first act
    i missed some gifs but i will work on them later, same for the dad fight flash

there it is -----------------> http://tinyurl.com/3r2et4s

alksdmalskn continuare en español
    primero que nada, este es solo un esbozo, esta completamente abierto a criticas y a mejoras

también tengo que mencionar que algunas palabras podrían cambiar después, esto es debido a que mientras avanzaba en la traducción, se me ocurrieron algunas nuevas palabras y probablemente se me paso corregir las que había usado anteriormente, trate de revisar pero igual estoy seguro de que se me debió pasar alguna.

Perdón si encuentran algún regionalismo o algo así, es bastante difícil encontrar palabras adecuadas para este ingles tan rebuscado.
    Tampoco pude encontrarle una traducción lógica a los aparatos como el Cruxite, Alchemiter, y la interfaz del Sburb, como Phernalia Registry, o Atheneum, etc.

Espero que les guste, cualquier comentario o ideas son absolutamente bienvenidas.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast