MSPA Forums
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammerkind (game: fight, build, climb) I need testers for offline 2player mode!

Re: Hammerkind (homestuck game: fight, build, climb) --- IT'S READY, go play!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeaboo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    like, how soon for a mac release?

GODDAMNIT I HATE APPLE ARGH
    here's something better.

get a win32 program for mac.
    dude how

please telll

The Big Island of Hawaii (Aka Hawaii in Hawaii.)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

This is amazing. You are a wonderful person for making this and I hope that someday I will become as great as you are.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

I'm on as intelligentInsanity. Pester me. Chats for the Chat God.

Has anyone gotten any of the skins yet? The only one I've been able to get so far is the Dream Suit.

Also, I'm glad to see that a certain easter egg is still in the game...

i've been having quite a lot of fun with this, but in impocalypse mode, every time i press shift (buy button) it crashes and gives this error

Code:
    for object obj_registry:

Error in code at line 1:
       if global.difficulty <= 1 and global.level = 2

at position 38: Unknown variable level
    edit: after unlocking the hard difficulty of it, it seems to work now
    Last edited by GoogleFett; 05-15-2011 at 11:20 AM.

I hereby challenge everyone playing this game to take a screencap of john juggling three hammers while wearing a beagle puss and also there's a bathtub flying around.

I managed to do this a couple of times but didn't have time to screencap it before i got hit by an imp, or the bathtub left the screen or whatever.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

How the hell could you do that.

I got up to the third gate before I died. I didn't get any skins, the bouncy hammer is pretty cool, but feels a bit too... 'slow' compared to the comic version, then again I haven't read all that far into the comic so whatever.

Is there a way to stop Rose from building down low if you get knocked down or whatever? It's a bit annoying how she wastes my grist.

It's pretty awesome, especially considering it's all free and such.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleFett View Post
    i've been having quite a lot of fun with this, but in impocalypse mode, every time i press shift (buy button) it crashes and gives this error
    Ah, oops. This bug took 2 seconds to fix, so I replaced the download with a fixed version of it.

I need to upload an update where a tutorial tells you how to switch weapons by tapping the up key. The first major fix-things update will happen today hopefully.

PEOPLE GETTING THE "ERROR READING REAL" BUG: This may be kind of a silly thing to ask, but I've got to cover all of my bases: Make sure you're not running the game inside the ZIP, extracting it to an actual folder first.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMcTony View Post
    Playing multiplayer by myself on hard, what a cha- no, actually, it's easier than playing singleplayer on normal, because AI Rose clearly hates you, while I'm able to build vertical towers with the occasional uncluttered grist farming platform.
    I'm going to do an update sometime soon where in multiplayer, the mouse player needs to simultaneously control a mini-screen where Rose is actually dodging a slowly-closing-in forest fire. That's the intended multiplayer I didn't have time to finish, to fully simulate the way Rose isn't able to pay full attention. >:D

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleFett View Post
    Ah, oops. This bug took 2 seconds to fix, so I replaced the download with a fixed version of it.

I need to upload an update where a tutorial tells you how to switch weapons by tapping the up key. The first major fix-things update will happen today hopefully.

PEOPLE GETTING THE "ERROR READING REAL" BUG: This may be kind of a silly thing to ask, but I've got to cover all of my bases: Make sure you're not running the game inside the ZIP, extracting it to an actual folder first.
    I did put it outside of the ZIP and tried to play it, but unfortunately it didn't work. I tried playing it in the ZIP itself afterwards as well, failing of course.

Sitting in a chair with my head on my left hand.
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Can we get an estimate for the MAC version. good sir?

Unfortunately I have no idea how long the mac version is going to take. GM4Mac is a legendary piece of shit, and I don't know how many of the things I did in Hammerkind just plain won't work anymore. I do know, though, that I'm not going to start the port until I think I'm mostly done fixing bugs in the Windows version -- this way, I won't have to fix the same bugs in two versions at once.

So you can expect it in a week at the soonest, but maybe more like a month.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but there seems to be an issue with the chimney. Whenever it's placed above a "floor" piece, the chimney is visible, but the floor in front of it isn't. Is that just my computer, or has this been happening to everyone?

I have a question about the end.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

how do you OPEN multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoGrande96 View Post
    Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but there seems to be an issue with the chimney. Whenever it's placed above a "floor" piece, the chimney is visible, but the floor in front of it isn't. Is that just my computer, or has this been happening to everyone?
    Hmm. That doesn't sound familiar. Could I see a screenshot, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakash View Post
    I have a question about the end.

Depends on the difficulty level, and what you're using. Under normal circumstances, though, about 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
    how do you OPEN multiplayer?
    It's on the options menu, but only if you've unlocked it.

Everyone should feel free to share what it takes to unlock various things! I'm not going to give out spoilers, but collaboratively finding secrets is definitely something I'm okay with.
    Last edited by Stephen; 05-15-2011 at 04:28 PM.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

ok then.

you have to survive for a certain amount of time, forget how long to unlock impocalypse hard.

you need to get to the second gate to unlock hard.

you need to get your ass beat to unlock easy.

Ctrl-T unleashes a horde of imps onto your current area. Beating the game (on Normal?) unlocks Secret Mode (1?)

Insignirodentiamourous Varkarrus's Avatar

I think that a powerup that does nothing except give you air control for a long while would actually be a good investment.

That is, in fact, one of the effects of the Blue Slimer! Well okay, it doesn't last very long, but still.

In fact, why don't I just talk a lot about the Blue Slimer right here. I know it's the most confusing powerup.
    Last edited by Stephen; 05-15-2011 at 07:58 PM.

d3l1r1ous rud3br4z3n SirPwnington's Avatar

So, has anyone else figured out how to own everything and refill their grist?

Knew it already

Pronouns
    he/him/his

If you can't get enough shale fast enough...

Last edited by Insani; 05-16-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Oh noooo, I'm stuck on Secret Mode B. :c

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by SirPwnington View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Insani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwnington View Post
    That's why I said it's not important! Anyway, got my first skin yaaaay.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast