MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tenth

Re: Tenth

>Inspect the area of the wall marked with the dashed line.
    >Press on this area, and also press on the "S" square.

Quote Originally Posted by tippertot
    >Inspect the area of the wall marked with the dashed line.

Inside the dotted lines there is a metal panel set in the wall. You immediately try and prise it out, but the craftmanship of the entire affair is marvellous and it is completely flush with the wall. You can't even dig in your fingernails in the gap at the edge of the panel. Kind of a bastard, to be honest. Pressing on the metal doesn't do anything either. If you want to get it out you'll have to find some other method of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRock35
    >Examine the symbols in the two corners of the checkerboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by tippertot
    >Press on this area, and also press on the "S" square.

The symbols on the chessboard appear to be nothing more exciting than a letter S and a letter F. The squares they're situated on seem to be no different than the others on the board, and as with the metal panel pressing on them seems to progress nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRock35
    >Close the door on the Eastern wall. See if there is any graffiti behind it.
    You slide the door closed carefully, making sure not to fully push it back. It doesn't look like it was meant to be opened from this side of the wall.

A... letter? It's taped to the wall. You weren't expecting this, you'll be honest.

'You said I should stay with you, tell you what you need to know when you wake up. But you didn't wake up. Not after a day. Not after two days. So things won't make sense for you, but I did as you asked. I left the snippets you gave me around the test chambers. You'll find them. I blinded the Watcher, like like you asked. As long as you take the snippets with you, it'll never know.

I won't see you for a while. Perhaps never again. I think the enemy got in. There's noises - screaming, explosions, death. I probably won't survive that. And you might never wake up.

Are you alive?

Why did you have to betray us?

Turn over now.'

On the other side you find another piece of paper taped to the first.

'THE WATCHER FEARS US. HE SHOULD. HE CREATED MONSTERS.'

Inventory

Land of Trees and Hicks (Southern Virginia)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

>Okay, looks like we're gonna have to proceed to the eastern room and see what lies there.

This actually looks excellent.

> Look through the door to the east, then test the door to the south with your key. If it doesn't open, it doesn't look like you've got anywhere else to go.

Unless...

You should try using the "I" tile to interact with this floor pattern. Place it on one of the black tiles, or some such.
    Last edited by Anthano Zasalla; 02-03-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: CARDINAL CONFUSION

This Better Be Worth It Ixcalibur's Avatar
    Lodged in a stone waiting for the true king of Ingland

I guess it is too much to hope that southern door is open? Oh you have a key, use it on that door.

If not then try the east door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixcalibur View Post
    I guess it is too much to hope that southern door is open? Oh you have a key, use it on that door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthano Zasalla View Post
    Test the door to the south with your key. If it doesn't open, it doesn't look like you've got anywhere else to go.
    The key doesn't work. You can't claim to be too surprised, seeing as it's already been used once. But while you're looking at it...

What's this ball thing for? A floatation device? Are they normally this heavy? And you're certain you can hear something rattling inside...

You should try using the "I" tile to interact with this floor pattern. Place it on one of the black tiles, or some such.

It seems unlikely. The floor tiles are very cold and hard, like marble, but the tile strikes as being made of something closer to clay. Not only that, but the sizes are quite dissonant and there doesn't seem to be any way of applying the tile. It was worth a try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRock35 View Post
    >Okay, looks like we're gonna have to proceed to the eastern room and see what lies there.
    > Look through the door to the east, then test the door to the south with your key. If it doesn't open, it doesn't look like you've got anywhere else to go.
    If not then try the east door.
    A little hesitant, you step into the gloom and allow your eyes to adjust from the brilliant white of the previous rooms.

Ah...

Inventory

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

>Inspect the device!

WARNING.
    DANGEROUSLY COOL.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

>Examine screens.

>Is that a hand scanner I see? Use it.

>Make sure the safety on the gun is on, then try smashing the ball thing on the key with it.

This Better Be Worth It Ixcalibur's Avatar
    Lodged in a stone waiting for the true king of Ingland

See if you can crack open that floatation device, use the tile if necessary.

Check out the window on that door.

Have some fanart, sir.

> Can you see through that window in the door? Assuming it's a window. Hand scanner is worth a try.

Insignificant User Not The Author's Avatar

Look through Door Window.

Was anything on the back of the Snippet? It seems like things taped to things tend to do that.

Can you twist the two halves of the Sphere apart? Or move the Key around the groove it seems to be in? The Sphere's almost definitely a box of some kind... Maybe best to ignore it for now; wouldn't want to break the thing by accident.

Doesn't care about myseries. apatheticEnigma's Avatar

> Place hand on the part of the machine that seems to resemble it.
    > Place "snippet" in slot under the part of the machine that looks like your hand.
    Adventures:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...erbarfancy.pnghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ckbanner-1.png

Maid of Blood ambrosialAssassin's Avatar

> Mash all those buttons!!!

>Look under the desk and inside the seat

>Inspect the computer screen, it might shed some light on what's been going on.

Before everything - sit down.

Now use the hand scanner.

Just a wolfram., call me Wess Wessolf27's Avatar

>Use the hand scanner, maybe it will let you access it in that way.

Check out the window on that door.
    > Can you see through that window in the door? Assuming it's a window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not The Author View Post
    Look through Door Window.
    The first thing you try, quite instinctively, is to push the door open. It doesn't move. So you peer through the glass, through the gloom of the other side.

It's quite a sight to behold. Ceilings and walls have collapsed, taking each other down with them. Curiously, a black flag sits among the mess. A great deal of rubble seems to have fallen against the door, explaining its unwillingness to open. You wonder what happened. The letter mentioned explosions... perhaps that was it. And for lack of another exit, the writer probably left through this door.

You wonder if they survived. Or if they're there now, crushed under the rubble. Just out of sight.

You hope not. It sounded like you knew each other, once.

Perhaps you even liked each other.

You don't think about much for a moment, preoccupied as you are with the sudden ache in your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by pikajens View Post
    Before everything - sit down.

The stool is quite good quality, incidentally.

>Examine screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalmationer View Post
    >Inspect the device!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelKomodo View Post
    >Inspect the computer screen, it might shed some light on what's been going on.

There are ten small screens, plus one long one. The long screen is blank. The small screens appear to have been intended to show camera feeds, labelled from one to ten. The first nine show nothing but white lines moving across a black screen, but the tenth...

Someone appears to be saying hello.

But you don't know who, you don't know why, and although it does seem familiar you can't claim to know if you're even the intended recipient. Seraph. Is that a name? Doesn't seem like it...

But it's largely irrelevant because you don't even know where that room is.

>Is that a hand scanner I see? Use it.
    Hand scanner is worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by apatheticEnigma View Post
    > Place hand on the part of the machine that seems to resemble it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikajens View Post
    Now use the hand scanner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessolf27 View Post
    >Use the hand scanner, maybe it will let you access it in that way.

The machine whirrs for a moment, and then it quite graciously welcomes you. Assuming you are Tenth. You'd hope so, considering that you seem to have their fingerprints.

While you seem to have been locked out from the majority of the computer's functions (a security breach seems a mild term for having your walls knocked down) it does acquiesce in granting access to what appears to be a chat room of sorts.

Assuming the dating and times are accurate, it is twelve minutes past three (in the morning?) on the twenty-first day of the seventh month, 3457 years after an arbitrary starting point. You wish you hadn't forgotten the minutiae of the year system. It's a little irksome.

And The Watcher is trying to talk to you.

The Watcher [03:12:54]: Tenth. You're alive.
    The Watcher [03:12:55]: It's a little ironic. In a tragic manner, perhaps.
    The Watcher [03:12:55]: In any case...
    The Watcher [03:12:56]: Report on your situation, General.
    The Watcher [03:12:57]: I'll be honest, the thing I most interested in right now is the status of Guardian First.
    The Watcher [03:12:58]: Tell me your Guardian is with you, Tenth.
    The Watcher [03:13:00]: Tell me, please, that we are not completely fucked.

Inventory

>Well, might as well give the bad news. You barely remember anything, and there's no one with you as far as you can tell.
    Ask what you should do; presumably if things are that bad, the Watcher doesn't have time to brief you on everything you need to know, so it's best to cut to the chase.

Just a wolfram., call me Wess Wessolf27's Avatar

< Tell the Watcher that you've lost your memories, that you don't even know what exactly this place is. Though you've kept enough of your knowledge intact.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

>Yeah, you kind of have to let him know that you don't remember Jack Shit.

> "Why would you think my Guardian had left me?"
    http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...erbarfancy.pnghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ckbanner-1.png

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast