MSPA Forums
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: trollslum eight. put your fantroll profiles here.

Functionally Illiterate PrussianMoose's Avatar
    Land of Mountains and No Air Conditioning
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: TROLLSLUM 8: sprite bases in 3rd post | please cut the chatter | don't use .jpegs

Is Spexa's blood okay or is it too close to pink (although it's not really supposed to be pink... it's supposed to be more of a light purple)? I did give a description of why she's colored the way she is, but if it's an issue I have no problem changing it.
    Last edited by PrussianMoose; 06-21-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Damn I'm illiterate

My air guitar is out of tune feralFantom's Avatar

Re: TROLLSLUM 8: sprite bases in 3rd post | please cut the chatter | don't use .jpegs

Any critiques on my troll? It was my first one so I feel rather unsure about it. Primarily, I see a lot of people say on spectrum blood color in roleplays. Does that mean it has to be one of the ones the canon trolls use? Or is mine fine? (9aa900)

EDIT: Just to clarify, meant the one I posted last page, not my avatar
    Last edited by feralFantom; 06-21-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Has too many lowbloods leonicReaper's Avatar
    Land of Traffic Cones Traffic Cones and Traffic Cones

Feral, I think he's great! Now, about his blood color, I guess it depends on your opinion/the people hosting the RP's opinion, but for me, I would consider anything within the "normal" colors along with slight variants as being ok, so long as it isn't friggin NEON or something ridiculous like a red which is almost black or a purple that's almost white. However I feel safe in saying that there are only the 11 "canon" colors +mutants, but to me I think being lenient a little bit is ok. Your troll has a color very close to that of Sollux's if not a tad more green, which in my opinion doesn't need to be considered a mutant shade. As an example, the trolls I posted with normal colors (dark red, indigo, mustard) have slight variants from the canon versions just because I like it to be a little different. To me, it's kind of like human eyecolor - there's no such thing as neon orange eyes, but there are eyes which are a warm amberish brown, and brown is a standard eye color. A "mutant" form of eye colors would be like albino, which has no pigment and thus appears red, or aniridia which occurs when the iris isn't present and so the eyes appear pitch black. But it's really up to you and how closely you believe you should adhere to canon. Hope I was helpful!

EDIT: Oh and another thing, about the spriting: it's not much of a big deal, but the outline on your troll's clothes are black. If it's not hair or skin it's usually some other color - in your case maybe a grey which is lighter or darker than the grey of his clothes. As an example, Sollux's pants or Vriska's jacket are kind of similar. Happy spriting!
    Last edited by leonicReaper; 06-21-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Thank you for your comments. I made sure to keep the value in the middle and saturation at max on his blood color as to not go neon or pastel or whatever. The Hue I think was 65 which is only 5 above Sollux. Also, thanks for the tip on the clothes outlines, I'm going to edit that and change the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrika View Post
    When was it said there were only 11 nonmutant colors? It's a spectrum.
    when was it said there were any other colors
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hussie, on SBURB titles
    They can only have one syllable. Any that has more than one syllable is automatically not good.

I believe it's been stated as a written rule for creating fantrolls that you don't deviate too far from the rainbow spectrum.

Things like "ice blood" and "hot pink" are generally frowned upon for being ridiculous.
    Stuff and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosian View Post

I believe it's been stated as a written rule for creating fantrolls that you don't deviate too far from the rainbow spectrum.

Things like "ice blood" and "hot pink" are generally frowned upon for being ridiculous.
    My understanding was the hue could be almost anything below Feferi's as long as your saturation stayed 100 and you didn't make it too light or too dark on value

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I thought you posted a whole list of "canon" colors that appeared on Karkat's mystery/rainbow-blood pages. There were a lot more than 11.
    -at night.

Has too many lowbloods leonicReaper's Avatar
    Land of Traffic Cones Traffic Cones and Traffic Cones

@Katrika I meant that there are only eleven colors seen in canon, but I think, like you said, as long as it's around those then they're ok. Something like, if someone's character was a bit more blue-green than Terezi, they'd still be considered to have that color of blood and yet they're different. Again, the whole "brown eyes" thing, a single eyecolor actually encompasses multiple shades and slight variations, but all can be classified as brown. That's how I see it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyss View Post
    I thought you posted a whole list of "canon" colors that appeared on Karkat's mystery/rainbow-blood pages. There were a lot more than 11.

Right, about this.

Color 2, 3, 6, 13, 17, and 18 are from this page:

I can't help but wonder if some of these colors aren't perhaps tainted by dim lighting and the fact that they're on water. As you can see, I did omit a few of these initially because i thought they were 'close enough' to the canon ones and I sort of regret having done so because it undermines the point of my chart.

Color 8 is from this page:

It is a shade of green that lies between Sollux and Nepeta. This is also notable in that Karkat's Trollian username is listed between them as well.

Color 10 is from this page:

There is a shade of green here that is distinct from Nepeta and Kanaya for unknown reasons.

Honestly I don't really follow this strict hemospectrum idea anymore so you guys should probably not take my chart very seriously from now on.
    They can only have one syllable. Any that has more than one syllable is automatically not good.

I do. I think deviating so far from it with colors like "ice," which isn't even really a color in my opinion or "hot pink" is stupid.

*cuts the chatter now*
    Stuff and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosian View Post
    I do. I think deviating so far from it with colors like "ice," which isn't even really a color in my opinion or "hot pink" is stupid.

*cuts the chatter now*
    no you're definitely right

the idea of some kind of special 'ice dweller' subspecies with blue horns and black scleras for example

this idea is incredibly stupid and the people responsible for it are all similarly stupid

infrared blood / ultraviolet blood

to whoever did these: fuck you, pay attention in school please

Master SquiggleMancer amnesiaDinosaur's Avatar

I know hurlingPagan made a UV blooded troll. (He told me that that was the blood color, may have been changed.)

Here goes another attempt. I suck at editing the miniature squishy looking MSPA sprites, so here's an AB edit instead.

Your name is PECORO AMHEUS, and you recently turned 8 SOLAR SWEEPS (about 17 in Human years). You're a light BLUE BLOODED(Hue: 122, #54a3a8 ) Troll. You have yet to play SGRUB, like your completely strange neighbor ANDISA, but unlike her you likely will play at some point.

You are a bit of a DIFFICULT young troll, and although you may appear to be SHEEPISH to others you are actually OVERLY CAUTIOUS of their intentions. You are SKEPTICAL of others and dodge questions about yourself. As is common Troll nature, you are also SARCASTIC and a bit of a SMARTASS at times.

Your Lusus is a FLUFFY SHEEP. You prefer to call her a RAM, though. It sounds cooler. Said Sheep Lusus is VERY protective of you and tends to ram you when you are rude and would likely tackle ANYONE who gets near your Hive. You yearn for LIBERATION from this over protective Lusus.

To pass the time while Sheepmom protects you ridiculously, you play with TECHNOLOGY, the INTERNET, and you keep a collection of GUNS. They're only for show, though. Only a few are FUNCTIONAL.

Your STRIFE SPECIBUS is a PISTOLKIND. Just 'cause you like 'em. Pew Pew! Also, you are a DERSE dreamer.
    Once you do enter your session of SGRUB, your title will be the RUNAWAY OF WIND and your Medium will be the LAND OF OPEN FIELDS AND SKIES. (teehee. LOOFAS.)
    You have a RUSSIAN ROULETTE FETCH MODUS. When you want an item, you hold a pistol and you have to fire it and hope to god it's the right item.
    Your Trolltag is liberatedAzure and you type in ⊱A br e e zy ma n n er.⊰

(Now for a drawn image.)

Edit: Derp. Forgot to mention he's a Derse dreamer.
    Last edited by antiqueDreamer; 06-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Trolltags~ Pester me on Pesterchum for RP c: // My DeviantArt~ // I have a Tumblr too, now?!

sprite looks great (i like it more than the drawing ngl)

land name made me laugh

good character detected

land name made me laugh

good character detected
    Huzzah I'm happy to get some sort of approval~
    Trolltags~ Pester me on Pesterchum for RP c: // My DeviantArt~ // I have a Tumblr too, now?!

The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Quote Originally Posted by antiqueDreamer View Post

land name made me laugh

good character detected
    And from Fishman, no less! What an honor!

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOfNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antiqueDreamer View Post

land name made me laugh

good character detected
    And from Fishman, no less! What an honor!
    Really? :O Oh em gee~

land name made me laugh

good character detected
    I couldn't find a decent picture of hell freezing over so joke = ruined

Edit:

Wait wait found one

No thats not decent at all.

Gonna stop the dumb chatter to say, that's a really awesome character. I have to say, the land name made me chuckle a bit too.

i like a lot of characters

i just happened to be here monitoring for replies to one of my posts so i commented on it

gosh

Quote Originally Posted by mars7a View Post
    Gonna stop the dumb chatter to say, that's a really awesome character. I have to say, the land name made me chuckle a bit too.
    Gah. Thanks. I just...came up with all of it on the spot.

I think this is enough chatter.

i like a lot of characters

i just happened to be here monitoring for replies to one of my posts so i commented on it

gosh
    We're just joshing with you, Fishman!

Edit: It keeps happening.

Ok, on topic: Tips for drawing horns and keeping them neat? Every horn I draw looks like a mockery of pixels and digital shit. I know practice is key, and I do practice, but I'd like to know how to deal with what I'm practicing first.
    Last edited by mars7a; 06-21-2011 at 10:56 PM.

ugh
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

An approach to blood colors that pisses the least amount of people off:
    Blood can be whatever color you want it to be, as long as it's not Karkat red, Feferi pink or over Feferi pink, a bright bright neon of any sort, black, white, see-through, grey, metallic, UV.

I'm not the Grand Poobah of Fantrolling, mind- if you want to keep your fantrolls to having strictly canon hues, hey, go nuts! I'm just here to dispense advice and sound like a broken record.

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast