MSPA Forums
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: trollslum eight. put your fantroll profiles here.

Re: TROLLSONA 8: Shin Megami Trollsei (or: the fantroll index)

Just make sure your blood is between feferi (hue 330) and karkat (hue 0 max sat max val)
    no

the main problem that i had with the blood was that it was near undecipherable from karkat's hex. karkat's hex is mutant, and mutants get culled.

but yeah

anything with a hue from 331-359 is a thing to avoid, as well as karkat red.

Ok I just went ahead and deleted my original post and will start this baby from scratch in a bit. I think i'm just going to go with a completely different blood color because this red/pink is such a gray area (lol). I promise it will be more thought out this time and actually in line with the whole model.

Sorry for all the silly mistakes. I should have taken this whole thing more seriously from the beginning.

The Big Island of Hawaii (Aka Hawaii in Hawaii.)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrymanga View Post
    Ok I just went ahead and deleted my original post and will start this baby from scratch in a bit. I think i'm just going to go with a completely different blood color because this red/pink is such a gray area (lol). I promise it will be more thought out this time and actually in line with the whole model.

Sorry for all the silly mistakes. I should have taken this whole thing more seriously from the beginning.
    Eh, you'll get the hang of it eventually. I guess.

I'm pretty sure many people screw up on my first fantroll.

Let me just link thi

oh my god this thing is even worse than i remembered it

But yeah I don't think mutants are taken kindly on, and if it is a mutant she shouldn't be flaunting it.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

I'm on as intelligentInsanity. Pester me. Chats for the Chat God.

There's just one thing I'm stuck on. What are the hex values for the three troll horn colors? I can't find them anywhere and I can't get close enough just by looking.

Open up the sprite of any troll and use the eyedropper tool?
    no

XD duh. my bad.

Sitting in a chair with my head on my left hand.
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I use a Mac, and am therefore stuck using Paintbrush, a watered down MSpaint clone.

Problem: the eyedropper is TERRIBLE. It always gets something a few hues higher and with less saturation. From a distance it looks fine, but it's resulted in so many terrible sprites.
    SO MANY.

So, the hex values of constants like trollskin/horns would be useful for someone like me.

Ok take 2. This time with feeling.

> CM: be the new girl who doesn't suck.

sprite pic:

your name is CHERRI MANGAA. You are roughly 8 solar sweeps in age. Though you are a BLUE BLOOD, you hate acting better than anyone else. you have a variety of INTERESTS. You appear rather aloof and cool, however your interests tend to be somewhat NERDY. You enjoy FLARPING, and usually play as the legendary bard DULCIMA HEARTSTRING. You are obsessed with CARTOONS, which you insist are serious dramas that happen to be animated instead of live-action. You play the GUITAR and are ok at it, and you have quite a beautiful SINGING VOICE.

Your trolltag is volumptuousMarauder and you happ<3n to b<3 quit<3 th<3 chaaarming young lady );}

other info/summary

so yeah, hopefully that doesn't suck. ):}

Just a few things to say about your sprite:
    Laaaaarge you should use the base sheet
    There's a few junk pixels flying around (hair and pants are most visible)
    Antialiasing
    A bit of shadow under her eyes?
    Her left (our right horn) should be more on.. well, her left (our right) try covering the base with hair to make it better
    Hair looks a bit jagged at some points, try smoothing it a bit. Also making the curls a bit spikier at the end?

Otherwise:
    Nice skirt
    TL,DR is perfectly fine
    no

I'll unveil your flawed logic Strider's Avatar

>be the weird troll

You find that to be a rather impolite thing to say, but the again, you are quite weird, so you suppose you'll just have to take it.

You're name is Horrin Keshka. You've led a fairly quiet life up to this point, but you suppose that's due mainly to the fact that for the most part you stick to online gatherings as opposed to meeting in person with people. To be honest, you have gotten quite bored with your current life. would someone please do something to make it more interesting for you?

On the Hemospectrum you're not all that high up. Just a lowly orange blood of little notice. Fortunately you're not so far down as to be considered the scum of troll society though, so you can't complain, really. Unlike most trolls that share the same spot as you on the Hemospectrum, you decided that you actually wanted to know something about your ancestor. Of course, it was hell trying to find any information on him at all, but you eventually found out that he was apparently a major badass, defeating anyone he came across on the field of battle. He's totally your idol, and you wish to be half as awesome as him someday. Of course, there's no guarantee of this happening, but hey, you can dream, right?

You have a few interests that you like to keep up on. You generally don't talk about them though. For purposes of this bio however, you like watching moving-hand-drawn-art-t.v.and playing video games. Did you mention that you do that mainly for the fight scenes and that you like fighting? Well, not knockdown drag out fighting, but you like getting into sparring matches. You suppose you should count yourself lucky that your Lusus is willing to accomodate you. What Lusus is this that you have, you might ask? It's a kangaroo Lusus. Did you mention that your Lusus is totally an expert boxer and street fighter for some weird reason? Yeah...don't ask. Every time you broach the subject, you get a knockout punch to the side of the head. Anyway, you usually uses your husktop to keep up with your interests. Thank goodness there are people who are willing to risk the wrath of the Legislacerators in order to make video gaming and anime watching on computers possible. Oh, you also like to try your hand at various martial arts disciplines. Needless to say that you can't make up your mind which one you want to stick with, and you suck at all of them.

Anyway, that's enough rambling on about your weirdness, you suppose that anyone who meets you will want to know what you look like. First of all, you're eight sweeps old, so let's just have that out in the open where everyone can see it. And now that we have that out of the way, you look like most other trolls your age. Black hair, yellow eyes, and a pretty normal looking pair of horns. You wear Black clothing with white trim, and your symbol is that of a white hole...except that it's orange? You never understood why your symbol had to be the same color as your blood.

You were lucky enough to know a couple of trolls who were experts in the field of mechanic and organic technology respectively, and they worked together to create a rather badass sword for you. They said some weird thing you don't get about the weapon bonding with you on a molecular level or something so that only you could use them, but you didn't really understand what they meant until you went back to your hive to use them. The weapon literally became a part of you, or at least a part of your arm, and so now you can call upon it whenever you need to. Only thing is you sometimes question how stable it is since it seems to take shape out of some weird black smoke. You never asked if that was part of its function, but it really doesn't matter to you. As long as it works.

Your TrollTag is mysteriousHellian, and you have a tendency to sp<^k in ^ r^th<r point<d mann<r..
    Last edited by Strider; 06-27-2011 at 02:01 PM.

"My intentions are what I make of them."

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    your blood can be any color of the Hemospectrum.
    no

It's part of his mutation. Instead of having a blood color that's off of the Hemospectrum, it's a multiple colors thing. He has to really focus to get his blood to stay one color though, so it basically just does a rapid flashy thing.

Maybe I should just edit it to say that it fluctuates between the different colors of the Hemospectrum unless he focuses really hard on keeping it a specific color? As it's worded now, I can definitely see why it would be something that causes people to be less then happy with it.

It's part of his mutation. Instead of having a blood color that's off of the Hemospectrum, it's a multiple colors thing. He has to really focus to get his blood to stay one color though, so it basically just does a rapid flashy thing.
    How the hell would that be even possible?
    Troll blood color is based on pigments.
    The only one i found that managed to pull this off without looking sueish was CI's Lahlah.
    And he did some research and found something about some animals that have a system that chemically alter the body's pigments based on their environment.
    So unless you find something logical pretty much everyone is going to be "eugh rainbowblood"
    no

Well, the idea was to have him be a rainbow blood who doesn't know what his true blood color really is due to the rapid flashy thing. xD

Is it really that big of a deal though? If it'll cause to much trouble, I guess I can just change it to have him be a mutant white blood or something. :/

The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

I recommend just choosing a normal blood color. Nobody likes mutants.
    Also, rainbowblood mutant plus living cloud of smoke plus Hellboy knockoff equals overpowered mary sue.
    Last edited by BewareOfNerd; 06-27-2011 at 11:37 AM.

*sighs* Fair enough I suppose. Actually, I just had an idea, but it's probably stupid anyway, so forget it.

Also, it's not living cloud of smoke. If it was living cloud of smoke, it would have a will of its own and be able to move of its own volition.

Oh wait, you mean the whole his turning into a cloud of smoke if he focuses hard enough? Yeah, that was literally an after thought that came up as I was typing it out. Looking back on that, it was just to much, so I am definitely going to edit out the transforming into smoke thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOfNerd View Post
    Nobody likes mutants.
    Nobody likes overdone mutants and sues.
    There are some mutants that are fine, mostly because their mutation is kinda simple/barely noticeable.
    no

Edited the application. Thoughts anyone?

ugh
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Red horns are kind of dumb. Smoke thing is fine by itself but the whole "I couldn't get a strife specibus" is bullshit, everyone has one even if it's blank. In addition, the "weapons bound to you on a molecular level" makes no sense.

Basically the mechanic guy made the base for the weapon and the guy that deals with organic tech added his own touch to them, so it's some weird bio-mechanical crap. But that said, the Organic tech guy put in some weird command that would allow it to kind of do some weird merging process where it would become a part of him or something. It wouldn't be spread out through his body or anyting, more like it kind of bonds with the skin in his arm or something like that.

I don't see what the whole not having a Strife Specibus thing is such a big deal for, but if it's really that big an issue, I'll just leave any mention of it out of his profile and introduce it sometime later on in the cafe of needed.

As to your opinion on the red horns, I refer you to your avi for my response on that.

ugh
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

did you seriously just tell me to-

okay, wow. i try to give you help and you respond like that. never mind.

I don't see what the whole not having a Strife Specibus thing is such a big deal for
    Everyone has a sylladex. Everyone has a strife specibus. End of story. If you never used it, it's still here. Just unallocated.

As to your opinion on the red horns, I refer you to your avi for my response on that.
    It's called style.
    Now refer to canon.
    no

Thinker of Thoughts WillyDeWulfe's Avatar

You know what I think makes all fantrolls better? Pictures. Sprites. Those things. They say "A picture's worth a thousand words!", but no. Pictures are worth so much that they can't be measured in words. Maybe people would accept a guy with red horns if they could see it.

Is there a reason none of your fantrolls have pictures, Strider? Or have I just been missing them somehow?

Those are my thoughts.

You don't need to have pictures.
    We measure the quality of the character. A character can have an absolutely shitty image and yet be an excellent character.
    no

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast