MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chumdroid -- Pesterchum for Android

Chumdroid -- Pesterchum for Android

Pesterchum for Android 2.1 (and later) devices!

In what is likely the most necessary and useful application ever written, you now have the ability to pester various chums anywhere you go. Keep a chumroll, join memos, set a color, receive notifications when someone pesters you, etc, etc, etc.

If you have any bugs to report, feature requests, or just comments, either post them here or hit the contact developer button from the main screen's menu. I'm sure there are a few things here and there that would be useful to add that I haven't thought of.

Android Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m85.chumdroid

QR Code for your phone's barcode scanner:

Screencaps:

Status (3/12):
    In my mind the project is pretty much done, in the sense that I haven't done much to it in awhile. Feel free to fire bug reports my way and I'll try to work up the motivation to fix them. I can honestly say I'm shocked that this application has 400 550 2500 active installs; I didn't think it'd even be half a tenth that popular.
    Last edited by pseudoProgrammer; 03-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Adora8loodthirsty [ABT] SupaNeo's Avatar

Re: Chumdroid -- Pesterchum for Android

I'm unable to download this from the market (it keeps pausing and starting and it seems to only do it with this app.)

A mirror would be nice.

arachnidsGrip
    on Pesterchum since the first release.

Mage of Breath introvertedOptimist's Avatar

So, which Pesterchum versions are compatible with this?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaNeo View Post
    I'm unable to download this from the market (it keeps pausing and starting and it seems to only do it with this app.)

A mirror would be nice.
    I'd prefer to stick with the market since I can push updates much, much easier than without it. Try it again tonight (possibly using wifi?) and let me know if you're still having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by laptopPsyche View Post
    So, which Pesterchum versions are compatible with this?
    It connects to the same server that Pesterchum 3.14 connects to. That means you can talk to the same people and memos as all of the versions of Pesterchum that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by pseudoProgrammer; 06-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.

This is a really useful app. :D I downloaded it as soon as I saw it. :3 Thanks for making it~
    http://i.imgur.com/u6nGj.gif
    pesterchum: betaVoracious // alternia academy - a homestuck visual novel // skype : zomgenius

Oh hey, this is awesome.

Couple things right off the bat. Is it possible to change the notification sound? I've explored it and have yet to find the setting. And is it possible to "lock in" your chumhandle and color? Every time I open the app, my keyboard opens to type my chumhandle and when I try to scroll up, I end up changing my color.

I have a T-Mobile MyTouch 3g with 3mm headphone jack and Android Froyo, just for reference.
    Formally known as Taku
    Click spoiler for links/Chumhandle.
    Pesterchum Radio

I'm planning on changing how handles/colors are selected. For the time being, keep in mind that unless you click "Save Chumhandle/Color", they don't actually change. I should probably change the text on that button to better describe what it does.

I'll toss notification sounds on the todo list. I already did it with MSPA Barker, and it'd be a simple port.

That's good to know. It's just a minor thing about the text thing. I bring it up because when I pull up the app, the keyboard pops up and pushes everything up, so I can't see the memo list and chumroll until I hit "done". It might just be me, though.
    Formally known as Taku
    Click spoiler for links/Chumhandle.
    Pesterchum Radio

Ahh, I follow now. I'll fix that.

I put up an update with a fix/hack/workaround for the "adding numbers to your username"/"change your name to chumDroid" bug. Thanks for all the reports on the issue -- I doubt I'd have tracked it down without them. If you upgrade to 1.10 1.11 and still have this problem, kindly let me know.

Maybe now I can get around to adding features, assuming I don't get too distracted by work or the Kinect SDK.

My apologies for the double post. Do people on forums still get upset over that?

EDIT: Cleaned up the fix a bit and released 1.11.
    Last edited by pseudoProgrammer; 06-22-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Vocal Vagabond TheJamestonPontifex's Avatar

Android rules.

Amateur hacker

Love it. 1 suggestion though, could u add a userlist?
    windHacker

Quote Originally Posted by crackers37 View Post
    Love it. 1 suggestion though, could u add a userlist?
    As in a list with all online users on it? That seems awkward and unpleasant.

Amateur hacker

No problem. Just a suggestion.
    windHacker

for some reason, I can't get into my chumroll. any suggestions?

Try harder :P

Do you get any error messages, or is the chumroll just blank?

The chumroll is not only blank, clicking on the chumroll button leads to a black screen.

Bard of Light

Here, let me throw all of money at you. ALL OF IT.

...And I don't even have an Android. XD;

I just love the fact that you're actually making this a thing, and that you used a QR Code (love those things!) to help deliver the web page from monitor to device. (THAT IS A PROPER WAY TO USE A QR CODE ON THE INTERNET.) Keep up the good work! =D

Do you think there might be a way to make an app for iPhone? A bunch of my friends are going on about chumdroid and im sitting here with my iphone all: ''..wweh.. ;-; ''

Quote Originally Posted by di0medes View Post
    Do you think there might be a way to make an app for iPhone? A bunch of my friends are going on about chumdroid and im sitting here with my iphone all: ''..wweh.. ;-; ''
    Shit, I'm just going to buy an Android so I can use this. And Kong too.
    PRETEND THIS NEVER EXISTED OH GOD OKAY BYE

Filled with nonsense. piratemari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylpheede View Post
    The chumroll is not only blank, clicking on the chumroll button leads to a black screen.
    Ditto to me too. It's just a completely blank screen. Even after a re-install.
    Your chumhandle is nonsensicalAbsurdity and you tend to sometimes mix your casual talk with More precise, grammatically correct, and articulate language.

I have the Acer Iconia Tablet with Android 3.1, do you think it will work on my tablet?
    ~!Don't hate the player. Hate the game!~

Quote Originally Posted by piratemari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylpheede View Post
    Ditto to me too. It's just a completely blank screen. Even after a re-install.
    Keep in mind, your chumroll isn't attached to a username, it's attached to the pesterchum/chumdroid client you're using it with. Have you added users to your Chumdroid chumroll and it shows up blank after a restart of the application?

Do you think there might be a way to make an app for iPhone? A bunch of my friends are going on about chumdroid and im sitting here with my iphone all: ''..wweh.. ;-; '
    Unfortunately I don't have a Mac, no parts to make a Hackintosh, and I refuse to buy a Mac; which is a problem since iOS development requires an OSX machine. Honestly I'd love to make an iOS version, but the cost of entry for me to make an iOS application is beyond what I'm willing to invest in an unprofitable venture.

I have the Acer Iconia Tablet with Android 3.1, do you think it will work on my tablet?
    I know tablet users were having problems before I removed the READ_PHONE_STATE permission, but I haven't heard anything since then and know of no reason why it shouldn't work. Visit the Android Market and let me know if it's available to you.
    Last edited by pseudoProgrammer; 09-07-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Will there be a way to set a quirk someday? For instance, for those that may have some symbol at the beginning of each line that isn't on most keyboards...so those people could just set that symbol or group of symbols to be part of a quirk or something?
    (Why am I rambling and not getting my point across like I want to?)

Other than that, I have nothing but praise for this. Now I just need at least 5 more Droids...so I can have at least 6 computer-like devices on me at all times.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I lack the motivation and sobriety to add anything substantial to this project.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast