MSPA Forums
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2105

Thread: MSPA Fan Music 2: Now In Cut Time

Uses Abbrvtns 2 Condescend u Ace of Dark-Hearts's Avatar
    Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Re: MSPA Fan Music 2: Now In Cut Time

Ehh, you know what? I'm just going to make a separate post. No one will come to the thread to check this post out otherwise.

Rose's Mansion: chlompcks chlompcks.

Criticism Me OTP
    My tumblr. Also here is my art and music blog. Check 'em out, maybe?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm getting an awesome sense of Binding of Isaac in this piece, it's wonderful to listen to. Biggest problem is more mixing than anything, I would try and balance it a bit better, because at the moment all the timbres are clashing with each other and not producing a completely clean and clear sound. Like it just seems like the song is a little more... muted I guess? Again, that's really just me digging for things that you can think of working with in the future. I completely love the harpsichord, mixing with those fantastic violin chords.

Also, what program are you using? I'm just curious.

Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasUnae View Post
    I'm getting an awesome sense of Binding of Isaac in this piece, it's wonderful to listen to. Biggest problem is more mixing than anything, I would try and balance it a bit better, because at the moment all the timbres are clashing with each other and not producing a completely clean and clear sound. Like it just seems like the song is a little more... muted I guess? Again, that's really just me digging for things that you can think of working with in the future. I completely love the harpsichord, mixing with those fantastic violin chords.

Also, what program are you using? I'm just curious.
    Yeah, I meant to do some panning work, but I somehow completely forgot, aha. I'm going to do a massive edit job on all of these later. Perhaps I should adjust the filter too if it sounds too muted?

Also, FL Studio 4 LYFEE

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Mmm, I had a feeling it was FL Studio. c:

Possibly. See, I can hear it, but I'm not exactly sure what would be the best way to go about fixing it... Hng.

I really like Jane's house! My only complaint is that it doesn't feel like it ends, but then it sounds like it could happily loop on forever, so if that's what you were after, then awesome!

Rose's Mansion is really sweet. It's got that sense of melancholy and tenseness that I think of when I think of her and her mother in their house. I really, really like your use of chords, and where you add and drop the extra violin.

As for the muted-sound... I think it could be panned a bit to give you some more sense of space, but I don't think it sounds muted to any particular degree? Everything sitting on top of everything else, yes, but not muted? Unless I'm just hearing it differently, heh.

On a side note, I just noticed your tumblr background. I think my eyes have just twisted inside out.
    dreamFall on Pesterchum. Feel free to pester!

Check out my tumblr! I make pretty sounds! And ugly sounds! And sometimes some pretty ugly sounds!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm specifically refering to the muting of timbre - the sounds don't sound completely full, I guess? Like it's lacking a rich tone, because everything's sitting on top of everything else like you say.

Oh! Then, yes, I hear what you mean. I'm interested in seeing how it sounds when it's been mixed more.
    dreamFall on Pesterchum. Feel free to pester!

Check out my tumblr! I make pretty sounds! And ugly sounds! And sometimes some pretty ugly sounds!

More music!

Jake's Forest, chlompckies chlompkies.

Do I have to say I want criticism in every post? Because I always want criticism like 100% of the time unless I say otherwise (which will be never (unless it isn't)).

Quote Originally Posted by dreamFall View Post
    I really like Jane's house! My only complaint is that it doesn't feel like it ends, but then it sounds like it could happily loop on forever, so if that's what you were after, then awesome!

Rose's Mansion is really sweet. It's got that sense of melancholy and tenseness that I think of when I think of her and her mother in their house. I really, really like your use of chords, and where you add and drop the extra violin.

As for the muted-sound... I think it could be panned a bit to give you some more sense of space, but I don't think it sounds muted to any particular degree? Everything sitting on top of everything else, yes, but not muted? Unless I'm just hearing it differently, heh.

On a side note, I just noticed your tumblr background. I think my eyes have just twisted inside out.
    Thanks for the complements! Also yeah, I got bored one day and decided to arrange a bunch of pixels like that to use for backgrounds (It's my desktop too.) because I'm not very creative.

Oh look I'm back with a karkat song.
    Bluh I should be more active here and actually try and give critiques when prompted instead of just running in and tossing a song in the going back to my burrow in the corner.

Anyway here's the song, really messy, really bluh.

BE STILL MY BEATING PULSE-SACK

Oh and FOR WHOM THE BELL TROLLS IS UP FOR FREE DOWNLOAD again.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerInABocks View Post
    Oh look I'm back with a karkat song.
    Bluh I should be more active here and actually try and give critiques when prompted instead of just running in and tossing a song in the going back to my burrow in the corner.

Anyway here's the song, really messy, really bluh.

BE STILL MY BEATING PULSE-SACK

Oh and FOR WHOM THE BELL TROLLS IS UP FOR FREE DOWNLOAD again.
    Yeah, this is kinda messy and could definitely use cleanup, but I like it anyway.

I like some of the subtle panning effects near the beginning. Really cool. It's a nice treat for headphone users.

Also, I like the instruments. I like how it's almost 8-bit sounding, but not at the same time. It's an interesting aesthetic, and I hope you continue to make stuff like this, and your For Whom The Bell Trolls stuff as well. The bass is really cool, and I really like the drums and the overall melody as well.

Now for my opinions that probably no one cares about. These aren't necessarily critiques. I honestly don't know if these are necessary, but here I go...

I feel like the piece never really takes a break. It just barrels relentlessly forward without ever changing tone. It doesn't wind down into anything tension-building, and it never really builds up to any payoffs either as a result. Maybe slow it down at parts, have bits where it uses less/more instruments, make the drums heavier and lighter at parts, etc. Again, I like the song as is, though. I just think a little variation would spice it up a bit.

The song also ends somewhat abruptly for my tastes. I think the last bass note could be held a bit longer.

It IS great. I hope you continue to make more songs/albums in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Dark-Hearts View Post
    More music!

Jake's Forest, chlompckies chlompkies.

Do I have to say I want criticism in every post? Because I always want criticism like 100% of the time unless I say otherwise (which will be never (unless it isn't)).

Thanks for the complements! Also yeah, I got bored one day and decided to arrange a bunch of pixels like that to use for backgrounds (It's my desktop too.) because I'm not very creative.
    First thing's first: nice intro. It's really pretty, but it also doesn't overstay its welcome, so kudos. I also like your instrument choices, especially that trumpet. The chord progression is nice, and the melody is nice and diverse.

That all said, something about this piece seems a bit cluttered too me. A lot of different instruments seem to be clashing for attention at parts. I think that some timbres are too close together, and that some of the volumes are mixed too close together.

The harp is the main problem I think. It's almost on par volume-wise with the melody at parts. The other instruments are mixed nicely. The bells and the violins are just the right volume I think.

Also, the trumpet sounds kind of odd when played with the harp in the middle and at the end of the song (roughly 16 measures after the first flute part ends, and 24 measures after the second flute part ends).

It almost sounds like you introduced a second brass instrument that's playing a whole step below the rest of the melody, resulting in a slurry of odd timbres. It's not bad necceserily, but it doesn't sound as clean as it could be. I think making it relativiely louder to add emphasis would help too.

The song is excellent otherwise, though. And yeah, I didn't even really know the song had drums until I read the post. I'll be interested to hear it when you fix that.

On another note, you REALLY need to supply download links for your songs (unless I'm just missing them like an idiot derp).

What I'd like to say about BSMBP-S is that its actually a looped song, so if you downloaded it and put it on a 1-loop it'd probably sound better in terms of 'ending' considering there isnt one... I however do agree with you that there isnt enough build up. HMM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerInABocks View Post
    What I'd like to say about BSMBP-S is that its actually a looped song, so if you downloaded it and put it on a 1-loop it'd probably sound better in terms of 'ending' considering there isnt one... I however do agree with you that there isnt enough build up. HMM.
    Ok, I must have been confused the first time I heard it. It's pretty obvious this is a loop. Sorry. :/

Seriously, though, this needs to be in a game or something. It's pretty cool. It lacks some ebb, but I don't think it really suffers because of that. Just my two cents.

Pronouns
    [none]

A couple albums I made. ._.

HomeBound

ST0P;FL0W

Withered Leaves

I cannot download the albums and I don't know why! My computer just won't allow it, I tried messing with my firewall settings but it just won't allow it. Wweh.

SIGH, life goes on.

Music music, Fantroll themes. Bluh.

Page of Blood
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

homebound looks like something weird happened when it was made a .zip so it doesn't open with winrar
    and stopflow is entirely in .ogg for some reason
    --- Tumblr --- Tindeck --- HS Music Remix List ---

WinRAR worked fine for opening Homebound for me- it took forever to download, probably in part because of the crummy hosting dealie or whatever, but also because HOLY SHIT this is a lot of songs. They were all in .ogg too, I had to mess around to get them to play in Windows Media Player. Super excited to listen to the rest of this album- so far I just sampled New Pork Devastation but it promises to be friggin' awesome. You did Joker's Nights, didn't you? This is gonna be so sweet, I can tell.
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

Pronouns
    [any]

Or, you know, you could use VLC. It plays .ogg files.
    since images are disabled, here's my tumblr and here's my steam profile.
    shoot me a pm or something before adding me on steam, though.

Page of Blood
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    --- Tumblr --- Tindeck --- HS Music Remix List ---

I haven't really done anything recently, so here's an old thing that I don't think I posted here.

I made some edits to the original uploaded version, so it actually sounds decent, though I'm afraid the delay effect at the end is a bit too extreme. I kind of like it, but I'm not the best mixer/effects guy, and I'm wondering if it obscures the melody too much.

Other than that... Yeah, it's a Doctor/Skies of Skaia remix in a somewhat unusual time signature. I don't know what else to say about it. It's also quite busy, though I think I mixed it adequately so that everything is clear (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Critique is awesome. Give me your best shot.

Huh, feels like a while since I posted anything.

Currently a possible fantroll theme (someone else's) but I can't think of how to continue this piece, and was wondering if you could help?

Thanks!

Also, in review of RND's piece:

Pretty cool! The beginning's a little sloppy, and it feels sort of disjointed over all, but there are some very interesting ideas here! Maybe use clearer drums in the beginning, and try to make the intro move more gradually into the melody, and possibly use an instrument with a milder timbre then the distorted guitar? Just my two cents.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Kyntello; 05-14-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyntello View Post
    Huh, feels like a while since I posted anything.

Currently a possible fantroll theme (someone else's) but I can't think of how to continue this piece, and was wondering if you could help?

Thanks!

Also, in review of RND's piece:

Pretty cool! The beginning's a little sloppy, and it feels sort of disjointed over all, but there are some very interesting ideas here! Maybe use clearer drums in the beginning, and try to make the intro move more gradually into the melody, and possibly use an instrument with a milder timbre then the distorted guitar? Just my two cents.

Cheers!
    Dreyko is really cool! I think it flows nicely as is personally, and I don't know if it really needs anything else. The drum is cool, the overarching bassline is catchy, and the melody is nice and fitting/flowing. If you really wanted to add more to it, I'd say maybe add a segment right before the repeat that's less dissonant and more major key sounding. Think Terezi's Theme, where it starts off with the dark harpsichord and ends up with a rendition of Alternia's Theme.

As for the review of my thing, thanks! I'll definitely mess with the stuff you said. I'm awful at song flow, and I'm awful at mixing, so I'll see what I can't do. I'm thinking at the moment maybe slowing it down to 130 or 120 bpm for starters, then going from there. Again, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnd View Post
    Dreyko is really cool! I think it flows nicely as is personally, and I don't know if it really needs anything else. The drum is cool, the overarching bassline is catchy, and the melody is nice and fitting/flowing. If you really wanted to add more to it, I'd say maybe add a segment right before the repeat that's less dissonant and more major key sounding. Think Terezi's Theme, where it starts off with the dark harpsichord and ends up with a rendition of Alternia's Theme.

As for the review of my thing, thanks! I'll definitely mess with the stuff you said. I'm awful at song flow, and I'm awful at mixing, so I'll see what I can't do. I'm thinking at the moment maybe slowing it down to 130 or 120 bpm for starters, then going from there. Again, thanks!
    It actually sets up pretty well, possibly; the final chord is a major triad, which seemed interesting.

Thanks, I'll try that!

CAT BOSS sekret spider?? konec0's Avatar

(wow I haven't posted in here in a long time...)

So

Who here still remembers MeGaDanceVaNia? Well, meet...

Dance-Stab-Dance

Let's tango.
    Last edited by konec0; 05-17-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Latest Album: Jazz and Masks :: Soundcloud :: Tindeck :: Bandcamp :: http://i.imgur.com/hLMFn.png
    Your chumhandle is catOrchestrator, and you are prone to Bouts of SILLY
    Avatar by thalassicPark! It is SO BOSS.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

yes excellent, it's finished.

well, another thing:

Based on a theme from [S] Reverse from Team Paradox

Please critique?