MSPA Forums
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: PREQUEL suggestion box (thread 3)

Re: PREQUEL suggestion box

Katia, you do NOT have the basics of fire-making down. Real wizards do not cast magic by thinking of new clever plays on words every time they see a goblin. They do something like this for long enough to get noticed and prove they have magic, arrannge to be taught the basics of proper magic, and either train, study or both to improve from there. You aren't going to master this on your own; all you can hope for is to become just good enough that someone better than you decides you're worth helping.

Hmm. Again.
    My adventures and writing here:
    Current: Today is your day (Aisleventure)
    Completed: Aisleventure: Make a contract with me and become a magical girl!
    Abandonned: Cursed, Trust me, Trust Me: Reboot, Troll Ender's Game: Shadow of the CULLSAT parts 1 and 2, Leave Me Alone!.

Raise your hands higher up! Like Hannibal and the woman at the Mages Guild were! It's like the mage-equivalent of holding out your pinkie to be fancy.
    Also, ask Asotil if any of his Battlemage coworkers might help you out.

Oh, and
    >Dead Dunmer spelunker's backpack: be found unharmed by Katia once she's done practicing, right by the side of the road where she tossed it in her drunken escapades. I for one think the poor girl is entitled a proper storage device. In gaming-abstractions even beggars don't have issues carrying their (meager) belongings, and Katia doesn't even have a bindle anymore!

Lvl.10 .gif-o-mancer dopple the ganger's Avatar

Asotil: Keep being supremely badass... and extremely just.

Two things.
    You forgot to have a newest/last button and a fist/earlyest button.
    That nightmare, that nightmare was a freaking trip. brovo.

Wiggler

HA! Success!!! You wanted to make fire and you did! You have to walk before you can run and I think this counts as a respectable mosey.

Also we seem to have learned that it is not the puns pre se that trigger your fire, but the emotional hurt that they engender that lights things up.

A proof of concept and a working theory on what your doing! So much improvement on just your first try.

Katia, I am very impressed!
    Here it is standing ... Atoms with consciousnesses ... Matter with curiosity

Katia, those aren't apples on those rocks. Those are five slutty kahjiits that you want to forget -- to erase from your history. They have no right to hedge in on your moment of glory! Close your eyes and let loose, make those whorish look-alikes the first stepping stones in your path to the future!

((+1 Member)

Quote Originally Posted by McKaela Kiama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazerad View Post
    YAYYYY!!! I started hearing Ella Fitzgerald's At Last (in my head) when I read this

Damn it... now it's stuck in my head too.
    McKaela Kiama: MUA HA HA HA HA don't worry, it'll be there all day.

Katia: It seems that the fires start somewhere between you and the source of the cat puns. Try having Asotil stand behind the apples and yell cat puns at you. Except for cases where the cat puns are coming from your own thoughts (um... us *cough, cough*), in which case the fires seems to start somewhere behind you and to the right (maybe it does have something to do with where your tail is pointing!)

Kazerad: Sorry for posting a general comment in the new thread earlier. To make up for it, I have some horrifically bad fanart to post (the first fan art I've ever made, for anything really). But... I can't figure out how to embed an image that isn't part of a website (DERP!) Anyone wanna help me out? KTHXBAI!!!

It's also possible that it isn't the pun or the hurtfulness but the burn itself.
    What I mean is, the fire may be a pun in its own right in response to a different burn-pun which she thinks of.
    This would mean that she will be unable to light herself on fire under any conditions because it defaults to a different target so she will not be escaping ice with a cat pun. She could think of a burn for her clothing or ice if that came up, maybe. At some point this all turns into magic words.
    If this theory holds water, then other spells just became available.
    For instance, she could deeply carve "2+2=4" into a wall or something else vertical and then think about how that theory holds water and suddenly the words would fill with water which would fall out of the letters which would always remain full of water until the writing was tarnished or she eventually ran out of magica.

moar?
    Yes, more.

http://prequeladventure.com/this/story169.gif
    This fire is not in the direction of her tail.
    Theory crushed.
    And shouldn't her eyes bleed?

http://prequeladventure.com/this/story160.gif
    Why is booze not the joining section between freinds, things that can hurt you, and things that can kill you or at lest between things that can hurt you and things that can kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Homelessdude View Post

Use your tail, it will channel magic purrfectly.

EDIT:

I rest my case.
    ... My first post, and it is going to be very lowbrow humor... But here goes!

>You do realize, that if you run around town pointing your tail out of the 'front' of your robes, people might get the wrong idea... O_O

The King of Everything Mr.Awesomest's Avatar

>Katia, pick the "staff" up, point it at the apples, and try again. The "staff" looks like it could have directed the shot toward the wall, although you only just got it.
    Last edited by Mr.Awesomest; 07-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRanma View Post
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2418/caaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

EDIT:
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9795/donedn.jpg
    I rest my case.
    ... My first post, and it is going to be very lowbrow humor... But here goes!

>You do realize, that if you run around town pointing your tail out of the 'front' of your robes, people might get the wrong idea... O_O
    Yeah the first sketch looked something like this
    I had to lower it down

>Use the staff to direct your majicka

Katia, good for you for not being asleep right now. That must take some great willpower to overcome your natural instincts of being a lazy little house cat,(a blonde one too!). Since you've got the willpower (probably not the intelligence), you should be able to try and let the magicka flow through you. (Actually, this explains the whole "merchandise" thing)

Magicka is everywhere (I spent quite some time reading through the books of Tamriel, but really the only helpful thing was about the constellation and the world around you. As a side note, if anyone offers to sell you the Manual of Spellcraft to help you, don't buy it, it's a joke).

Think about what you're doing: Destruction magic. Reach out with your mind's eye and destroy. Pick off chunks of the apples, watch as the stem turns into a combustible gas, char the insides, reducing it down to its simplest form. YOU ARE FILLED WITH MAGICKA. Remember this! You just have to let it flow, position your body in ways that wouldn't kink up any magic veins, a flowing form if you will.

Perhaps you can use pre-existing fire to work with. Ask Asotil if you can have a torch. It may be hard to create it on your own, but having the heat nearby, or a flame in front of you might help out. Try pushing the flame around (with magic of course), or separating it. Perhaps even try and recreate what you see and feel with your thoughts.

If all else fails, pretend you are a dragon. Take a deep breath, pull your head back, and then push it forward, pushing the magicka out from your mouth and incinerating all that's in front of you. And for the love of Akatosh, I hope that you have enough willpower that you don't spit out a hairball

--------
    As a side note - no offense to anyone who is blonde and not a cat <_<
    Last edited by Tallath; 07-23-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: More thoughts

Pronouns
    he/him/his

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2418/caaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

EDIT:
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9795/donedn.jpg
    I rest my case.
    Brilliant. Once she has some more time, she can manufacture a proper Wizard's Staff out of her walking stick and the ball gag, but until then, her tail will be a fine substitute.

@the above posts.
    What's with this tail stuff still? Was my post with the links ignored?
    That's not how it's being directed.

EDIT:

I rest my case.
    It could also be the staff doing it- it's pointed there too. So point the staff, Katia. Crook forward, feather-brain.

I think the problem here is everyone's just making cat puns, and not particularly good ones at that. They're not burns, and sometimes aren't even that clever. They're just, do this purrfectly, Katia. Don't cause a cat-astrophe. Even if these are kind of amusing, they're not sick burns, they're puns. See the quoted post below for some good examples of burns, and remember Katia, don't set anything big on fire, if you do you'll feel obligated to put it out and bringing out your litter for that will be embarrassing, if effective. Though I suppose you can't be embarrassed about these things in Anvil anymore, after the whole pineapple/yo-yo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallath View Post
    Katia, good for you for not being asleep right now. That must take some great willpower to overcome your natural instincts of being a lazy little house cat,(a blonde one too!). Since you've got the willpower (probably not the intelligence), you should be able to try and let the magicka flow through you. (Actually, this explains the whole "merchandise" thing)

Magicka is everywhere (I spent quite some time reading through the books of Tamriel, but really the only helpful thing was about the constellation and the world around you. As a side note, if anyone offers to sell you the Manual of Spellcraft to help you, don't buy it, it's a joke).

Think about what you're doing: Destruction magic. Reach out with your mind's eye and destroy. Pick off chunks of the apples, watch as the stem turns into a combustible gas, char the insides, reducing it down to its simplest form. YOU ARE FILLED WITH MAGICKA. Remember this! You just have to let it flow, position your body in ways that wouldn't kink up any magic veins, a flowing form if you will.

Perhaps you can use pre-existing fire to work with. Ask Asotil if you can have a torch. It may be hard to create it on your own, but having the heat nearby, or a flame in front of you might help out. Try pushing the flame around (with magic of course), or separating it. Perhaps even try and recreate what you see and feel with your thoughts.

If all else fails, pretend you are a dragon. Take a deep breath, pull your head back, and then push it forward, pushing the magicka out from your mouth and incinerating all that's in front of you. And for the love of Akatosh, I hope that you have enough willpower that you don't spit out a hairball

--------
    As a side note - no offense to anyone who is blonde and not a cat <_<

Commander Jameson, I presume. ChazGELF's Avatar

Try picking up the staff and thrusting it in the direction of the apples. (Say "pew pew pew" for effect. Or perhaps "mew mew mew").

+1 reader. I second the pointing with your tail idea...maybe it'll work, who knows.

>Katia: Imagine those apples are making cat puns and are trying to put you down. Then, hate these apples out of existence. Succumb to the dark side of the Magicka.

Insufferable Know-It-All Naesr Tazam's Avatar

Just go ahead and point both staff and tail at the apples, Katia. If that works, we can eliminate which one it is and isn't afterwards.

...and for the sake of the Nine, point your tail around, not through, your legs.

I figured out the problem!
    You people don't read well without a colorful picture!
    So I'll save you the trouble of clicking a link.

This fire is not in the direction of her tail.
    Or anything that is in common with the other fire.
    Theory crushed.

Okay Katia, you more than anyone living knows what it's like to be put down. Imagine that apple as all the no doubt thousands of people who have said hurtful things to you. Then imagine that apple is those people, and also it said something horribly racist to you, possibly about how your mother licks herself and your father wears a substandard pair of boots. And told you to quit being a pussy.

Asotil: you put out that fire with a punch. Aces.

Quote Originally Posted by d2r123 View Post
    The first time she used her dark vision, it was only looking into a cabinet, so there would've been plenty of peripheral light and that didn't blind her. It was only when she turned around and got the full light from the sun shining in the window that her eyes started to bleed.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast