MSPA Forums
Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2470

Thread: PREQUEL suggestion box (thread 3)

Re: PREQUEL suggestion box

Oh, he was on guard duty. I thought he was just standing in the corridor before you got to the guard.

Right, you're within stabbing range of the orc's sword right now. Unless you can cast faster than he can thrust I'd suggest you attempt to not provoke him. And slowly back away.

Well shit, now nothing I posted on page 47 will ever come to pass. (Except Landorumil falling down I guess.) I just finished making a "Bound Pimp Hat" animation for Dimitri too.

Dimitri: " Only guard ? Oh him! Yep, you got him alright. Good job. Are you looking for the treasure room? It's down the hall on the right, past all the log tr... swings. "

Then reanimate Landorumil's corpse and flee with your kittys while he's looting. If you plan on attacking him, use telekinesis to steal his +6 armor of lucky clovers.
    Last edited by Iarei; 08-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.

>Dmitri: Come up with a contrived way to reverse his luckstream, explain it away with magicbabble

Dmitri: Money? What money?
    > Resurrect Landorumil while McOgre over here is staring down your cats (you're a necromancer dammit.)

The Land of Rain and Cedars (Seattle, WA)

Dmitri: You are a goddamn necromancer. ENGAGE MURDER MODE.

>Dmitri: Explain to the gentleman that you have some business to attend to and if he'll kindly step aside you'll be on your way.

> Dmitri: Just shrug and comment about how you don't even need this place and that the orc is welcome to loot whatever he wants. Just ask if it's cool if you can at least take your cats, minor items, and get your leave on if he catches your drift. Then it's just a matter of finding Katia and begging her to let you travel with, because the Worm King might be mad about you peacin' out.

Again, bonus points if katia comes up in conversation and you high five him about your mutual "acquaintance" on the way out.

In short, ENGAGE PEACE OUT MODE.

>Dmitri: Notice that you are entirely wrong about that luck thing, and then realize that you have a higher luck than Gharug. Obtain all of his clovers via a telekinesis* spell, and then run like crazy to avoid his sword. After all, you were standing guard in a presumably well-hidden necromancer base, when a horny drunken cat-girl wandered in and jumped your bones. And you totally have a thing for cats. That requires much more incredible luck than anyone could obtain via a handful of four-leaf clovers, even if they are getting more luck on a regular basis.

As a note to others- Gharug must have been at a luck detriment before the clover incident, since he was and still is a bandit. Nobody becomes a bandit because life is going awesome for them. The fact that he is still a bandit, looter, pillager, means that he's very likely not quite as lucky as he might appear... he's just doing better than he was, and has a great sword arm. (Plus he was obviously getting his sneak on just now, if you know what I am saying.) Katia is tremendously unlucky at this juncture, which is one of the reasons he was able to take such thorough advantage of her. Her luck is so low that it wasn't even enough to keep her out of trouble while holding on to the clover that started all of Gharug's luck!

I wonder how many clovers he is hiding in his magnificent pecs.

*Edit: Is it called telekinesis or telepahty? I can't remember... haven't played Oblivion in a while.
    Last edited by Rikujho; 08-23-2011 at 04:03 PM.

> Dimitri: Surrender to not die
    > Upp: Drag Dimitri to the next room and loot chest
    > Dimitri: Gradually grow more enraged as he does so
    > Upp: Find scruffles and punt him out the door
    > Dimitri: Succumb to unfathomable bloodlust and berserk with racial power, killing your orc problem with the tip of your quill stabbed through his eyeball 247 times a second for 3 minutes.

> Kitten : Pass trough.
    > Dimitri and Upp : Find common ground in affection for cats.

Fear the shadows... InfiniteRemnant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    Are you the only one in this place, Dmitri? Isn't there some way to sound an alarm to call everyone inside this place to arms? And if you're actually chosen to be a guard, you must at least be somewhat competent enough to defend yourself.
    he's got a point. you guys get jumped by wolves and bears on a regular basis, as land was just bitching about... why are you worried about a piddly little iron sword when you can do crazy magic shit like make his skeleton turn against him and claw it's way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Murblesaurus
    wouldn't he be more pissed off at the guy who just killed him?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...or you can go with plan B:

>Say: "all I've got on me is this letter and a book or two, but if you go through that door you can rifle through the dead guy's stuff. He might have had a few potions."

>Point at land's door

> as soon as he's out of melee range cast Drain Life 100%
    Last edited by InfiniteRemnant; 08-23-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRemnant View Post
    he's got a point. you guys get jumped by wolves and bears on a regular basis, as land was just bitching about... why are you worried about a piddly little iron sword when you can do crazy magic shit like make his skeleton turn against him and claw it's way out?
    Oh my god, he can do that?? Seriously, that is gruesome, but pretty useful. Dmitri: pretend to surrender, then use any kind of attack spell on him (take your pick). But don't just leave. Your cats are in there, you can't just leave them to be terrorized and possibly eaten by this orc.

> Gharug: Turn out to just be there to deliver a message. You just like getting your MURDER on, if you know what I mean.

If land wants to prove he's not all that dumb, he can get up, summon a sword in our green friends gut (though that could be hard without a head), and start looking for his head. Necromancy is about control over death, and a prepared necromancer (especially one worried about something as minute as luck) might have already prepared an amulet of get off your ass. Given, when he finds his head, he'll either be a zombie or a lich, but he will have earned that chip on his shoulder.

Dmitri: Gharug has been lucky lately as a bandit, but his streak of luck won't last. It may even fail him at a critical moment. Overall he's not lucky to be a bandit since he could be more successful as an arena fighter, Dark Brotherhood member, and so on. Make your own luck. Look at what you've done lately. Met Katia? Lucky. Still alive? Lucky. Believe in your luck and end Gharug's right here and now.

Gharug: He's hesitating. And he has something in his hand. Might be a scroll - don't let him use it! You don't even need to take a step to kill him; lean forward and thrust your sword into the side of his neck, just enough to cut it so he'll be distracted, and then as you bring your sword back, swing the tip so it cuts his throat and watch him bleed to death, unable to scream. As for the others in this place, you could start a large fire at the only entrance and suck all the air out, suffocating them, and while you're waiting maybe rob some travelers, or you could just run around and kill everything in sight. Believe in your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRemnant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    Are you the only one in this place, Dmitri? Isn't there some way to sound an alarm to call everyone inside this place to arms? And if you're actually chosen to be a guard, you must at least be somewhat competent enough to defend yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Murblesaurus
    wouldn't he be more pissed off at the guy who just killed him?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...or you can go with plan B:

>Say: "all I've got on me is this letter and a book or two, but if you go through that door you can rifle through the dead guy's stuff. He might have had a few potions."

>Point at land's door

> as soon as he's out of melee range cast Drain Life 100%
    Well, yes I'm sure he would be infuriated, but what about afterwards? What then?

Also, people are forgetting that Dmitri is in no way a master wizard. If he were a master wizard, he probably would have turned whats-his-orcface to ash by now.

Dmitri: Stand there. if he attacks then defend yourself, try and take a few clovers and pocket them. If he ignores you, get your ass out of there and deliver the letter.

Complement him on the large amount of four leafed clovers that are stuck to his chest.

You know, I think our friend Dmitri is about to die. Just a hunch.
    Orc-dude just took out a guy in a single shot (a sneak attack critical, but still), without provocation. I doubt things are going to go any differently for Dmitri, and he's already within striking range.

It would be pretty lame if that happened, so I'd say

> Dmitri: You are an inch from death. Use the absolute strongest magic you can, right now, keeping as much distance from the orc as possible. You don't have any time to do anything besides strike hard and fast.

Doctor Gobblesworth ViniVidiVici's Avatar

Oh...

SHIT. O_O

Ummm, Dmitri, inquire the nice, pleasent, sword wielding orc that just murdered your pal what he is doing in your hideout. Then ummm... KILL HIM, KILL HIM NAAAW

Uh, and then ponder on ressurecting Landorumil via necromantic arts. Afterall... he was your friend. Uh, sorta. :|

*I HAVE A BETTER IDEA*

Teleport a minimum of half the clovers onto your body. With luck either parallel or greater than his, you're sure to succeed.
    (aka Let's bring bad luck to him)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor zobot View Post
    Prequel Readers: Realize all the talk about the existence/nonexistence of Luck and the arguments for such have somehow created a Luck Monster in the form of this orc. Flip the fuck out.

Dmitri: Attempt to be Katia so that your fate remains uncertain.
    furthermore;
    Prequel Readers: realize that this orc is exponentially approaching the status of theoretical ultimate luck being, while katia is approaching the status of theoretical unluck being.
    their final battle with rupture the cosmos.

Oh my god. I didn't know that seeing a guy's best friend get murdered in front of him could be this hilarious.

> Well, that was an unfortunate event for Landorumil, but now his luck almost certainly isn't going to get worse! You sort of won that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxy View Post
    > Well, that was an unfortunate event for Landorumil, but now his luck almost certainly isn't going to get worse! You sort of won that argument.
    Oh, but it could get worse. A wandering necrophiliac could happen upon him. Or worse, a necromancer who is also a necrophiliac, so that he'd be conscious during the experience.

Dmitri: Luckily, summoning skeletal allies is one of those other spells you've memorised. Roll up your sleeves like a Essex washerwoman and make with the juju!

You know, having Katia and Asotil pass by just as Dmitri comes running out would be a bit of bad luck for Gharug considering if Asotil justice-pummels Dmitri into bonemeal then he'd probably go and investigate the trail of blood, until he was satisfied justice has been served.

Like Batman, but with steel plate armour.
    Last edited by SushiJaguar; 08-23-2011 at 08:09 PM.