MSPA Forums
Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2470

Thread: PREQUEL suggestion box (thread 3)

Re: PREQUEL suggestion box

Dmitri: He may be a lucky orc, but there's no way he can kill what he can't see right? Try a cloaking spell and bust-a-move.

Dmitri: This man is clearly very lucky and very large, so don't let him catch on that there's anything valuable on your person, just tell him you have a letter to send and you'll be on your way.

also i'd like to take this time to say how much I love Dmitri and hope he stays alive forever and how it would break my heart if he were suddenly not alive.Kaz.
    Last edited by Poopsy; 08-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Generic soda is best soda mystery_penguin's Avatar

Strife

welcome him to your abode. and ask how his day is going. he just killed a posible problem, thanks are in order i think.

(this has probably been suggested, but on the off chance that it hasn't

Kittens: ATTACK!

Gharug(?) was always my favourite character. And such a gentleman. I hope he doesn't die.

Dmitri: Revise position on Luck, now with a capital L. Also summon feline companions to drive this intruder off!

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

>Dmitri: summon Mr. Scruffles

Dmitri: You don't want to die. Hands up, cash out.

~groupp.setAV Luck 00
    ~dmitri.setAV Luck 100
    ~landorumil.resurrect
    Bibliophael decides to take a hand.

Tremble, mortals, and despair.

>Dmitri: Beg for your life and ask to be Katia's first pineapple victim's sidekick. Explain that you can get into a threesome with Katia again with him. If that doesn't work, lift that skirt up and run for your life! What's a guy doing with a skirt anyways?!

a small miracle

Gharug gro-Upp saw two guys, killed one, and knew that he was the only guard. There were dressed the same and talking to each other. How did he know? I can think of only one reason...

Dmitri, greet your friend. Admonish him for killing another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaza View Post
    >Dmitri: Beg for your life and ask to be Katia's first pineapple victim's sidekick.
    Not sure anyone was a victim there, except maybe the pineapple (that poor pineapple, the things it has seen...)

Dmitri: realize that if your late friend's theory on luck is correct (and it's starting to seem that way), then this incredibly lucky orc has just entered the unluckiest of places. This means that one of the following things can happen: 1. The necroplex's extraordinary bad luck will cause Gharug's good luck to decrease, 2. Gharug's extraordinary good luck will cause the necroplex's luck to improve, 3. the situation will approach equilibrium (Gharug's luck will get worse, and the necroplex's luck will get better until their levels of luck are about equal), or 4. The introduction of such a lucky individual to such an unlucky place will cause an implosion, as they cancel eachother out (or an explosion, as one overwhelms the other,causing a massive release of energy). One of those four, it really depends on whether the luck model follows the laws of thermal dynamics, or particle physics.

I'm not proud to say this, but I've played Oblivion a fair bit.
    I think this could be a chance for the people who have played it more than me to heal the wounds (of the mind) caused by it's "magicka" system:
    •Katia has already created plenty of fire in non-fireball form. I don't think she should be actively attempting to reenact the painful cliche. A beam of fire would also allow a bit of plot flexibility regarding magicka expenditure, as although the exact amount of time between panels is skillfully implied, it's not always certain (also the intensity/heat of the beam).
    •Although having it written down (such as at a magic store or spell-creation at the university) might help, a little bit of creativity and sometimes meditation is all that is needed to know how to give magicka new purpose; purrhaps something entirely outside the 6-archetype system?
    •The Atronarch's "50% chance" for spell absorbtion was a compromise between how hard it would be to code a level-based-skill-activated-spell-energy-repurposing game mechanic on the Gamebryo engine (the programmers only know how to code for this absurdly abstract game engine and cannot be easily employed at another company, which gives Bethesda armor against them going on strike at the cost of game quality) and the option of just not having any spell absorbtion mechanic. Instead of taking this game mechanic at face-value (which is ugly), there must be some way for her to mentally influence the magicka without it being generated by herself.
    •Welkyd stones can be slowly drained (even without needing it) directly into spells and do not waste energy on self-destructing into ashes (as this was just a cheap inventory cliche).
    •May8e something to a8sor8 all the luck? All of it? By Chaos Theory, there is no such thing as luck; everything has a cause. However, this could be used as a cheap joke, if not taken too seriously.
    Finding more ways to bend the rules like this can improve this engineered universe, separate from and most certainly better than the original game.

There's got to be something Dmitri knows that could make Gharug "lucky to escape with his life".
    >Dmitri: Levitate Gharug.

This safely allows further dialogue, which should be interesting between these two.
    Remember, he can't abandon his delicious kitties to the orc. A stalemate would allow the expected drama.
    I have a name, but I don't know what it is. The forum system doesn't know either, apparently. Let's go on an epic adventure and find out?

Gharug's skills should all be quite higher, because in Oblivion, 40% of every luck point above 50 (neutral luck) goes into skills. So someone with 60 luck would have a 4 bonus to every skill. I'm pretty sure it works the opposite if you get less luck. (like if your luck were to be drained from a spell)

Well, Fan Story time! A fan story I like to call:
    PREQUEL 2: HERESY BOOGALOO

"Legionnaire can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot"

"I noticed your accent is... different from everyone else' I've met since I got here... were you born in Cyrodil?"

"No, I was born far away, in a country known as the Imperium of Man, it's quite a tale, would you like to hear it?"

"Actually we shold probably get-"

"Well since you insist! I was born in a territory known as Kaurava 2..."

The territory had been devastated decades prior by a bloody conflict between humanity and the horrid green-skin orks. These are orks with a K not orcs like we know them here with a C, completely different creatures in manner, not too much in appearance. Regardless the territory was firmly under the grasp of the Imperium of Man, an empire which at one point encompassed Tamriel itself, but during an event known as the "Horus Heresy" thousands of years ago the territory was lost, as was much of the Imperium's lands. To reclaim the land lost and expand our reach the Imperium, under the guidance of the emperor of mankind, created the Imperial Guard, an organization without equal. I was part of the Kauravan 134th, an infantry regiment without equal, which took mighty ships as large as entire cities and oceans to spread the grip of the Emperor.

Ships?

Slightly different than the ships you know, but yes "ships", though that's not important. The Imperial Guard had come to Tamriel to investigate rumors that a God of Chaos named Khorn had been worshiped on this planet using the name "Mehrunes Dagon" or to a lesser extent "Clavicus Vile". If the rumors were true we were to make sure that the "Blood god" could not open portals into his own sick and twisted Warp realm from which demons could pour into this realm and destroy every living thing on the planet. I had a special job on this mission, I was to keep moral up, as I was of special rank; I was a commissar! Of course, that was 17 years ago, and it all changed when we came into range of Tamriel.

Disembarking was going to take us days, and none of the guard were in that much of a hurry to get onto the ground. I was enjoying the view when I heard my name come from behind me.

"Commissar"

As I turned around I saw a guardsman I hardly recognized, I searched my brain for a name to put to the face.

"Yes Rorik, what is it?"

"It's Rory sir, I have to report something I saw in the uhh... escape crafts... I saw a soldier and a Xenos doing who knows what..."

"Xenos love?!"

HERESY!

I ran to the escape craft and found...

Nothing, well aside from a box full of pineapple seeds, a broom, and 1 crate full of confiscated yo-yos. However, as soon as I step foot into the room the door closed behind me! I had been duped by the traitorous Rodney!

I yelled and screamed at the bastard to let me out, but apparently my methods of raising moral had left some tension between us, and he wanted to make sure that I couldn't hurt any of his friends anymore.

This is probably because the Commissariat's methods of raising Moral are not the nicest to the common soldier... and he may have been referring to Soldier Jenkins, whom I had to let go when he retreated into a cave during the battle of Jandar 4. Regardless I was so angry that my hat practically fell off my head. However, I had only yelled at Robert for half a minute before I noticed that my craft was already a mile away. The bastard had let me go, and I began to drift towards Tamriel. Of course... that's about the time that the ship exploded.

The forces of Chaos had fired upon us with the main cannon of their only flagship in the area, what I assume to be the "Blood God's Bloody Blood Filled Blood Bath of Blood that was Bloody" as it was the only major ship spotted in the area.

I was of course then set adrift towards the continent you know as Tamriel, and my arrival was not to be a pleasant one.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    I'll continue if you guys want me to. If and when I get the images drawn for it.
    I had to re-learn to draw all over again... That was interesting. Haven't drawn anything decent since high-school.
    Last edited by Doomkiwi; 08-25-2011 at 01:02 AM.

You used the wrong link
    This cycles through all of the 20 pages of Ame Manga by Pixel.
    It only changes when the image is reloaded.

It's a bit silly and confusing but I think with some editing it could be on the adventure's main site!
    Do continue...
    I have a name, but I don't know what it is. The forum system doesn't know either, apparently. Let's go on an epic adventure and find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post

You used the wrong link
    Thanks, Imageshack deceives me with their lying links that say "duuur here's the url for the image" when it's the url for the image page, not the image itself.

Anyway, this took like 1000 hours in MS paint. Seriously, never take a challenge from your roommate.
    Last edited by Doomkiwi; 08-24-2011 at 11:09 PM.

>Dmitri: tell the orc that you're gonna go get your necromancy on, if you know what he means
    (you're going to reincarnate something)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiwi View Post
    I'll continue if you guys want me to. If and when I get the images drawn for it.
    I'm not sure what this is referencing, but now that the pictures work it's pretty great
    I admire your dedication
    This cycles through all of the 20 pages of Ame Manga by Pixel.
    It only changes when the image is reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiwi View Post
    I'm not sure what this is referencing, but now that the pictures work it's pretty great
    I admire your dedication
    Warhammer 40k. It's a tabletop and a load of computer games. I'm trying to make the story accessible to Katia, which would in turn make it accessible to those not acquainted to Warhammer 40k, but if you are you'll get the references a bit better. For instance, why is Kaurava 2's top blown off? (soulstorm)

Warhammer 40k

Yellow text on white background argh my eyes