MSPA Forums
Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2477

Thread: Hoofstuck

Re: Hoofstuck

Quote Originally Posted by JapaneseTeeth View Post
    Remember how Jadesprite could always see the Green Sun because she was also prototyped with Bec? This is why Ditzy is crosseyed. Due to the Green Sun being her power source, she can see it and it made her go fisheyed.
    How did you get the text for Green Sun to do that?

Last edited by OnBackorder; 12-17-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Thats weird.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that either. Let's see if it works with The Tumor.

EDIT: Nope.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that either. Let's see if it works with The Tumor.

EDIT: Nope.
    I think that there were like two things that that worked for, but I forget which ones they are other than Green Sun...

The Tumor
    Doc Scratch
    Lord English
    SHE HAS WHAT
    puase
    Snop
    the ultimate reward
    universe
    YeaH!!!!!!!!
    SWEET CATCH!
    BlAsPhEmY
    TH3 GR33N SUN
    WHAT DID YOU DO?
    BEHOLD
    GREEN MOTHER FUCKING SUN

EDIT: Damn! i was almost sure I remembered that there was at least one that wasn't a variation of "Green Sun"...
    Last edited by Bohandas; 12-17-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/fjs2jj/Ek...ed%20Title.png
    WWMDSD- What Would the Marquis De Sade Do?

struct specibus LayoutKind Violet CLM's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [none]

Wow, from update to totally off-topic discussion in thirty-six hours. Not bad. Tell you what... we're going to do a scene change once I get the art done, solely because the transition works too well not to, but Applejack trying out her planned daughter's name can be added to the same backburner that Pinkie Pie having mailed her console to herself is simmering on. Have a scene or two and then come back to the barn if people want. Don't worry, it's not a big deal, I'm sure she'll take off that mask before the act is done. In the meantime, however, you need to have decided what Applejack would name a daughter, because I know I personally don't feel like hunting through apple-related names that aren't already living members of the apple clan.

Also, in the department of stuff unlikely ever to become relevant, I'm looking for a few fraymotif names. Specifically the duo fraymotifs of Fluttershy+Rarity and Twilight+[everyone but Fluttershy]. So there's another avenue for creativity. If you don't know what a fraymotif is: their titles should be somehow related to the character/s involved (their interests/personalities/etc.), ideally incorporating one or more music terms, and receiving bonus points for puns. And heck, level names are always appreciated: realistically, the more level names a pony has, the likelier they are to level up. I have dozens, but there's always room for more.

...I feel like there must be something or other I should respond to that was brought up in the last couple pages, but I'm not sure what. I guess there was a discussion about suggestions and how much they rely on Homestuck-oriented information that hasn't shown up in the story itself, but I'd rather that be self-policing if at all possible, since authors trying to regulate what readers talk about just doesn't work. Be ever judicious? I dunno.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    EDIT: Damn! i was almost sure I remembered that there was at least one that wasn't a variation of "Green Sun"...
    Well there'll still always be Kamina.

@Violet: Don't hurry. Today is an episode day so everyone will be distracted for the most of it anyways. ^^
    Yes.

Ooh, this'll be fun!

>FS+R: Spectrum Fermata

>TS+PP: Pinkius Pieicus Contra Punctum

(Alternate Suggestions: Twilight Zone Remix; Library Fortississimo)

>TS+AJ: Naturale Singularity (Alternate Titles: Void a Prima Vista; Biggest Bang, Blackest Hole)

>TS+RD : Colorature con Amore Maestro Brillante

(Alternate Suggestion: Sonic Black Hole)

>TS+R: Ultraviolet Hemiola
    Last edited by Iyestorm; 12-17-2011 at 05:09 AM.

^ I like all of these suggestions.

Hmmmmmm.

I'll need to think about this. Possibly know more of their actual titles - all that's been revealed is that Rarity isn't the Dame. (I have my suspicions re: Rarity and possibly Rainbow, and of course Fluttershy is the Maid of Cute, but...)

Edit: Also, and largely unrelated, it occurs to me to wonder whether the ectobio other ponies might be their G1 versions - Posey and Firefly and Applejack and so on.

Man, I stink at coming up with specibus-style names. Music, huh? This is probably horrifically obvious, but maybe "Hornkind" for Twilight. Y'know, because she's a unicorn? Yeah, I got nothing. I'll keep trying to think of potential echeladder levels, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7sov View Post
    Hmmmmmm.

I'll need to think about this. Possibly know more of their actual titles - all that's been revealed is that Rarity isn't the Dame. (I have my suspicions re: Rarity and possibly Rainbow, and of course Fluttershy is the Maid of Cute, but...)

Edit: Also, and largely unrelated, it occurs to me to wonder whether the ectobio other ponies might be their G1 versions - Posey and Firefly and Applejack and so on.
    Fluttershy is the Maid of Rage.

Nowhere Man AProcrastinatingWriter's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

No Fluttershy is obviously the Prince of Bees
    Below: A nasally-voiced twenty-year old who has just woken up addresses the MSPA Forums with way too many pauses. (Unless tindeck is down right now)
    http://tindeck.com/image/pzmi/stats.png

Pronouns
    [any]

So when do universal constants make an appearance?
    Yes.

Cmon! MDW is OBVIOUSLY Granny Smith!

Ok, I'm not as sure as before, but yknow. With the "go easy on your daughter" comment and all. My thought is that this is AJ's daughter.

But post-scratched session.
    ...Ok, that doesn't make as much sense as I thought. Or maybe it does...
    A warning from... at least 8 years into the future, that's for sure. Why that late? If it's something that will happen within a day? (Or maybe several days, dunno.)

Gah, I never considered the Ectobiology thing about the Mane 6!

And anyone wants context MSPAwiki sounds like a good place. Find any crazy terms, just search the wiki!
    De Rock Project
    Image of a pony.

Pinkie is probably the Bard of Doom. Or maybe the Bard of Space, given how she can break the fourth wall and whatnot. Twilight is obviously the Mage, although I'm not sure what of...maybe the Mage of Light or something. I'm guessing either Applejack or Rainbow Dash is the Time player, due to the MDW, but there are any number of explanations for that. RD strikes me as the Knight, and Applejack...I don't know, maybe the Maid.

If only we knew what he player of Doom's powers were...

Also RD as the Knight and AJ as the Maid works for me!

>TS + PP: Pinkie Pi: Ballad of Irrationality
    >TS + PP(Alternate): Pinkius Piecus or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Trust the Sense

>R + FS: Fashion Explosion(x2)

Also, I know you didn't ask for singular Fraymotifs, but I'd like to put forward...
    >R Tactical Rainuke

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
    So when do universal constants make an appearance?
    Fresh Princess of Bel-Mare

>Ancestors: Be Platinum, Hurricane, Puddinghead, Pansy, Clover, and Cookie. etc.

EDIT:

and/or...

>Hearth's Warming Eve: Commemorate events from a scratched session. This suggestion is really only being made to tie in with my next suggestion, which is...
    >Celestia and/or Luna: Exist as a result of changes in first guardianship between that session and this one.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 12-17-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/fjs2jj/Ek...ed%20Title.png
    WWMDSD- What Would the Marquis De Sade Do?

Man, I stink at coming up with specibus-style names. Music, huh? This is probably horrifically obvious, but maybe "Hornkind" for Twilight. Y'know, because she's a unicorn? Yeah, I got nothing. I'll keep trying to think of potential echeladder levels, though.
    I think you're getting strife specibi mixed up with fraymotifs.

Right, yeah. Oops. I really need to get more sleep.

Child's name: EDITH SMITH

Child's name: APPLE-SAN

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Child's name possibilities:
    -----------------------------------
    A) Aerlies Rose, Akero Apple, Almata Apple, Pippin Pineapple(lots of varieties of Pippin, add any color in front and it still counts), Ambrosia Juice, Anna Apple, Ananas Reinette, Antonovkas Frost, Api Star, Apricot Apple, Arlet Dessert, Aroma Apple, Autumn Gold, Tickled Pink(actual apple name).

B) Beacon Hardy, Beautiful Arcade, Belle Boskoop, Bess Pool, Beverley Pippin, Billie Bound(or Billie Apple), Binet Rouge, Gilliflower Apple, Pearmain Bloom, June Blush, Golden Blush, Bolero Wijcik, Bonnie Best, Bountiful Harvest, Bright Future, Fox Woodwhelp(referring to one of best apples for cider).

C) Cameo Apple, Candy Crisp, Carroll Apple, Cellini Aniseed, Cheddar Apple, Cheerful Gold, Strawberry Apple, Crab Apple(heh), Chisel Apple, Apple Delight, Cinnamon Spice, Fireside Apple, Crimson Crisp, Cybele Apple.

D) Dandee Apple, Dawn Apple, Diamond Jubilee, Duchess Apple, Dulcet Stripe.

You guy's can go through E-Z if you want to.
    Last edited by KingTwelveSixteen; 12-18-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Let's not forget that not every character's element will be something they're naturally good at... Sometimes your "assigned role" in sburb has to do with personal growth. Jade would probably have been a more effective Seer than Rose initially, but as Rose grew into that role she made it something Jade never would have considered. Likewise, we can reasonably assume from Karkat's comments on the subject that Kanaya would have made a fine Hero of Time, but then we wouldn't have seen Aradia's trial-and-error time travel culminating in an army of doomed future alternates.

I guess what I'm saying is, let Rainbow Dash be the dame, and see what she makes of it. Or something to that effect. Never assign someone to continue what they're already good at doing and nothing else.

Dammit I'm rambling again. I could go back and edit that paragraph down to two lines but it's not like it's tl;dr-worthy and I want to keep the examples involving Rose and Aradia. ANYWAY...

MORE ECTOBIOBABY NAMES I GUESS
    AJ+RD=Quicksauce
    AJ+RS=Ribbon
    AJ+TS=Twinklesmith
    AJ+FS=Paleale
    AJ+PP=Kaboodle

Of course given that pony names are generally prophetic of their special talents, I have a few ideas already for cutie marks for these hypothetical shipping babies. In particular, Kaboodle would totally be an inventor.

Blanking on fraymotif ideas right now but I like all the ones suggested so far so yeah
    Last edited by nupanick; 12-18-2011 at 02:20 AM.

oh

> Ancestors: Be previous-gen counterparts (G1 Applejack, G3 Pinkie Pie, etc)