Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2477

Thread: Hoofstuck

Esabelle is awesome c: Metaflare's Avatar

Re: Hoofstuck

> WHAT
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9202/littlebanner.png
    TROLLS IN SPOILER|TUMBLR HERE|IN WHICH ME AND MY FRIENDS PLAY GAMES

>RT: Woooaaaah... this is heavy. You gotta either trip out for flip out, the former option requiring you to find your LSD and take it.

... I feel like these incredibly weird, out-of-character suggestions are totally necessary. The day that one gets through, I shall flip a table in jubilation.

Rarity> DRAMA like a pro!

Rarity> Flashback to previous life?

No, don't be a bitch.

> GENEROUSforgive Sparkler her really quite understandable mistake.

> Send Miss Twilight a message asking if she has seen Sparkler's charges.

struct specibus LayoutKind Violet CLM's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [none]

>R: Use your fine eye for detail to grasp the full severity of Sparkler's mane status.

You employ the ancient art of PILUPHRENOLOGY to gauge Sparkler's report's veracity by looking at her mane. She appears to be sincere.

>R: Drama like a pro!

"Oh, Sweetie Belle, my sister!" you moan. "Escaped into the wilderness of the city, unsupervised in a world of danger and intrigue! How has it come to this?! Did I teach you nothing of the respect due to one's elders? To disappear into Ponyville is one thing, but to abandon your caretaker and bring her to this state of distraction, her mane subtly unkempt? You have failed her as a foalsittee, but more importantly, I have failed you as a role model!"

(A lot of this is to make Sparkler feel better by shifting the blame away from her. Sweetie Belle and her friends explore Ponyville on their own all the time. Running away from their foalsitter without any notice, however, is quite unkind of them.)

"Sparkler, how I wish I could express my sorrow to you! That they have treated you so callously, so unthinkingly -- it is simply the worst! No, my dear one, dry your eyes --" you assume without looking that she is crying by now, if only at the power of your performance "-- you are not to blame in this. It is I who have erred, by failing to instill proper diligence in your charges. Alas, for I am a poor and incapable sister!"

You feel this speech needs a little something extra. Maybe you need to swoon. And to swoon, you'll need your COUCH...

>R: Decaptchalogue couch.

You prepare to try to decaptchalogue your couch using your JEWEL BOX MODUS. This glittering coffer used to hold the Elements of Harmony in Canterlot Castle, but you were able to convince Princess Celestia to give it to you as a reward for saving Equestria. Later you managed to repurpose it into a fetch modus.

Currently, six of the seven cards in your sylladex are in use. Besides your trusty couch, you have the MYSTERIOUS RECORD from your mother; your GLASSES, for use in emergency fashion design; a RARITY FIGURINE, from when Sweetie Belle and her friends decided to take up toymaking; your FIRE RUBY PENDANT, one of the most generous gifts you have ever received; and a pair of FAKE EYELASHES, in case... hmm. Well, just in case.

Whenever you want to retrieve something through your fetch modus, each card in your sylladex gets split up into three or more copies of its contents on an abstract playing board. In order to fetch a certain item out, you must remove all instances of that item from the playing board by rearranging their positions on the board so that they disappear in rows or columns of three or more at a time. (Moves that do not remove anything from the board are not legal.) For example, were there seven instances of your figurine on the playing board, removing all seven would cause the real figurine to be fetched from your sylladex, but removing only six would have no effect at all.

Here is the arrangement that your fetch modus presents you with this time. You must now present a MOVE LIST that successfully fetches one or more items from your sylladex.

I miss my ceiling fan. orderboundChaotic's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Hoofstuck: Home of the unnecessarily complex modus

Rarity: Fetch the Fainting Couch: 727377674546414033323031333416152322

Wow, that was NOT easy! I wonder how good Rarity is at this? Now let's fetch that couch!

For just the record: 323344342526
    Avatar by Morphimus! Rock on, cAlAverA!

Need a male, preferably lowblood and sane troll for the RP Now What? Details below.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Leafsword View Post
    For just the record: 323344342526
    Oh you punny person. :B

Hm.. Can't figure out any way to get other items together with the coach... Ah well, I did: 72733233414077674546251521312535352523133323
    Yes.

Has there been any luck with the other items? I've been trying for the Rarity figurine, and I think I've exhausted every move possible. No luck with the fire ruby or gushers/grist either. Damned practical mathematics, if only I'd listened!

Pronouns
    [none]

It's possible to get the eyelashes, if you're plucky.

(instead of the couch, I mean. probably not both at once.)
    Last edited by Violet CLM; 04-13-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
    It's possible to get the eyelashes, if you're plucky.

(instead of the couch, I mean. probably not both at once.)
    > RY: Discreetly replace standard eyelashes with your tear-resistant ones. (737277674140313213234333262745462515161724341011)

Pronouns
    [none]

>727377674546414033323031333416152322

Several slightly different ways of getting the couch occur to you, but this one is quickest and therefore the most elegant. Your couch springs into existence and you throw yourself onto it in an affected agony of self-incrimination.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Sparkler: Search for the CMC

Uh, that's not the quickest solution. It can be done in two moves:

which also sets you up to get the false eyelashes by making it 223254533536.
    Nothing to see here.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by AweStriker Nova View Post
    You have to remove all five f.couches. Your solution only removes three.

Quote Originally Posted by AweStriker Nova View Post

That's how Rainbow Dash / Applejack would try to solve it (It doesn't actually work. You need to get rid of ALL the couch pieces on the board, not just make one pair.).

Speaking of which, since I assume this is based of bejeweled, shouldn't one be able to move a piece into an empty square, if that would result in a match?

(Example: 73727767, the glasses near the top should be matchable regardless of the space being empty)

Also, is Pinkie Pie's fetch modus "set in stone" yet Violet? Can we offer suggestions?

> Sparkler: Take advantage of Rarity.

> Sparkler: Sigh loudly.

> Sparkler: Rate drama performance using your (up to now, useless) major in theatrical performances.

> Rarity: Switch to plucky mode and make a vow.
    Last edited by Zarhon; 04-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Pronouns
    [none]

Quote Originally Posted by Zarhon View Post
    Speaking of which, since I assume this is based of bejeweled, shouldn't one be able to move a piece into an empty square, if that would result in a match?
    Uh. I have no idea; I've only ever played the normal endless action mode where empty spaces aren't things that exist. Is that really how it works?
    (speaking of different modes, you should try leaving out parameters in the link.)

Also, is Pinkie Pie's fetch modus "set in stone" yet Violet? Can we offer suggestions?
    It's set in wet sand or something. I have an idea that I kind of like, but it's not currently crucial to anything so I'd be content to change it if something better turned up. Same goes for Twilight's planet.

wow okay what

Bejeweled is a brilliant modus for Rarity. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarhon View Post
    >Sour pole Sparkler*: Exploit Rarity's guilt. Don't just get paid in full for foal sitting. Extract a bonus from Rarity for losing her sister.
    *Sparkler has a sweet/sour bi-polar disorder, yes?

>Sparkler: Comfort Rarity.
    >Taffy Machine: Comfort marshmallow pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
    Why, take advantage of her drama performance of course. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by It Was A ... View Post
    >Sour pole Sparkler*: Exploit Rarity's guilt. Don't just get paid in full for foal sitting. Extract a bonus from Rarity for losing her sister.
    *Sparkler has a sweet/sour bi-polar disorder, yes?
    Exactly that. Sparkler probably knows of Rarity's full drama routine, so she can probably exploit it / play along with it (and Rarity's natural generosity) to her own gain. Clearly fancy restaurant reservations, a fancy new hat, or some gems will be required to help her overcome her "Mental anguish".

> Take advantage of Rarity................'s drama act for fun and profit.

Of course, this could work both ways.

> Rarity: Quickly counter-manipulate Sparkler's attempt of exploiting your own drama act (Manipulation double Reacharound). Nopony beats you at manipulation-off. You're simply the best there is.
    Last edited by Zarhon; 04-13-2012 at 02:26 PM.

I'd much rather see Sparkler say something along the lines of "I'm glad you're taking this so well."

Sparkler: Escalate to psychodrama. (The one where you express and learn deeply held truths, not the one where you stab ponies in the shower.)

Sparkler vs. Rarity faceoff fraymotif: Dromedary Diminuendo. (AKA, the other beast with two backs.)

Quote Originally Posted by diagonalHat View Post
    I'd much rather see Sparkler say something along the lines of "I'm glad you're taking this so well."
    Sounds good.
    Last edited by It Was A ...; 04-13-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: decided to spell out the pun