It's a cold dark night in the town of Westown. The prospering town, that had grown into a fine place to live and work, was unknowing of what was to come. A solitary man rode into the town. He stopped in front of a building, the same building the town's newspaper was made. The next day, the top headline was this:
MAFIA HEADING TOWARDS WESTOWN
Our sources report that heading to our humble town, Westown, are a group of rogues. They plan to take the town for themselves, and kill anybody who chooses to resist! They are calling themselves the Mafia, and may be among us as we speak! They plan to turn us against ourselves, and when the time is right, take over! Trust no one. We don't know who could be working for the mafia. Keep on your wits, my friends. Our town is in danger.
The town read with dismay. Who could it be? Why is this happening? There's only one way to find out.
WILD WEST MAFIA
Welcome to Wild West Mafia. I plan for this to be a 18 player game. This setup has been looked over by Sotek and ProfessorLizzard. Special thanks to them for the great assistance in balancing and the like.
RULES (“borrowed” from Sotek with some slight adjustments and were also originally made by absoluteCertainty)
1. Massclaims are not advised, and I have taken precautions against them. They will not help, and they will be kind of unfun, so don't do it.
2. Days will be up to 120 hours (5 days) long. Nights will be NO MORE than 48 hours - if all actions are in, day will start early (and will still end at 9 PM eastern on the appropriate day.)
3. When voting, remember to bold your votes! You MAY make deadline votes.
4. ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE DONE THROUGH QUICKTOPICS. There will be no reason to PM me about anything. THIS INCLUDES IRC.
5. IF YOU EDIT OR DELETE POSTS YOU WILL FACE THE MOD FIRING SQUAD!
5.5. DON'T SHARE QUICKTOPICS. EVEN IF YOU ARE COALIGNED AND W/E.
5.5.5. DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE GAME EITHER. Yeah, I know, I know. Shush.
6. No ciphers. They're a distraction that only tests people's ability to crack ciphers. HOWEVER, if you have an uncrackable code, you MAY post in it.
7. After you die you can make one post that cannot contain any information about the game.
8. You may not post in the thread at night.
9. There may be some minor bastardry, but no roles that change other's alignment, no jesters, none of that.
10. There may be multiple factions!
11. Every player has to make at least one post per day. If they will not be able to make a post on that day, I will inform the players in the day start post.
12. Play to your win condition, always.
13. Karkat Rule: No faking day-activations of anything, on pain of modkill. There may or may not be day powers!
14. Karkat Rule 2: If a day-activation of something day-ending is claimed, ASSUME THE DAY IS ENDED until you hear otherwise. If an extension is required as a result, I will grant one.
15. Don't copy/paste from QTs, thank you.
1. Solaris, survived, Lover Lyncher Oneshot Night Vigilante
2. GenetiXientist Autoptrophic Lizard, lynched D2, Mafia Oneshot Virus/Roleblocker
3. trotskey, shot D2, Town Vanilla
4. imperviousScofflaw, killed N6, Town Tracker
5. Palamedes, lynched D8, Mafia Traitor
6. A Killer Cuppa Tea, killed N2, Town Rolecop Oneshot Night Vig
7. CheeseDeluxe, lynched D4, Town Miller Bomb
8. absoluteCertainty, lynched D7, Town Vanilla
9. Mr. Muitini, lynched D3, Town Vanilla
10. Red709, lynched D1, Mafia Threeshot Godfather
11. Mirdini, survived, Town Editor Oneshot Tracker
12. mr_y_not, killed N7, Lover Lyncher Harold Linch Cop
13. konec0 fivex Airey, lynched D6, Mafia Vanilla
14. ComiTurtle, survived, Town Cop
15. passiveNotation, bombshot D4, Town Oneshot Day Vig
16. TheDreadPirateButtercup, killed N3, Town Doctor
17. Deceptive, killed N4, Town Vanilla
18. Cheshire Fox Youdont12know Vasch Youdont12know, lynched D5, Mafia Rolecop/Roleblocker
Good game everybody! It was fun for me, hope everybody enjoyed!