MSPA Forums
Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2434

Thread: SBURB Patch Notes II: The Code is Mightier than the Sword

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: SBURB Patch Notes II: The Code is Mightier than the Sword

Hours in the future, but not many…

SHODAN and Avery had spent some time observing the growing ranks of the Royal Grey Tier Army — and They didn't like what They saw. “Their numbers are increasing,” Avery muttered, focusing on what seemed to be the rank and file of the army — they might have started out as mere pawns, these foot soldiers, but they had gained elements of Royalty. “Fortunately, they seem to be focused more on assembling for review than anything else. That should give Us an opening to get into the building and locate the rest of the administrative staff.”

“But where…?”

Avery scanned the area, making note of the terrain. “If there were more of Us out here, I would say have some draw the army in the direction of that facility to the west while We attempt to circle around to the east,” he said, keeping his voice low. “As it is, though, it would probably be best if We followed a circuitous route to Our target and avoided engaging the enemy unnecessarily.”

“Indeed.” And so, SHODAN and Avery set off around the side of the complex, avoiding the enemy as much as possible, until —

“CONTACT! TWO TANGOES, NINE O'CLOCK!”

Immediately, SHODAN pulled out Her TC-11 grenade launcher and popped an incendiary grenade at them, while Avery trained Reason on the two unlucky pseudo-pawns and let loose with a barrage of depleted-uranium flechettes. They dropped to the ground, swissed and on fire, without so much as raising the alarm.

“Well, so much for the element of surprise!” Avery muttered. “They may not have sounded any alarms, but I'm sure they heard Us…”

“Hm.” SHODAN switched to the Apollo H4 laser pistol and pressed onward.

Avery, meanwhile, readied his M406 Hydra and popped off a couple of smoke grenades to cover Their tracks, before switching back to Reason. “There We —”

“Sniper. Get down.”

Avery dove behind a small hillock to his left, just as the whipcrack of a distant .50 calibre rifle echoed around the campus, the round barely missing and carving a divot out of the ground. SHODAN responded in kind, the H4's laser designator dancing across the sniper's scope for a split second before blowing it and its owner to shreds.

“What next, sentry guns? Cannons? Mines?” Avery muttered, picking himself up from the ground and peering over the hillock. The laser had carved a clean hole through the sniper and his second, who was ever so conveniently located behind him. “I should have alchemised a sonic screwdriver while I was at it.” SHODAN continued to press onward, Avery in tow, until —

— They encountered a roadblock patrolled by at least a dozen maggots.

“You've got to be kidding.”

“Ugh.” SHODAN switched to the M22 and loaded up on incendiary rounds, preparing to burn it all.

“‘Ugh’ is right,” Avery muttered, switching to the M406 yet again and selecting its incendiary ammunition as well. “The sooner We deal with this Grey King, whoever he is, the sooner We can be rid of his disgusting creations.”

“Yes.” SHODAN opened fire on the mooks, their woollen uniforms little more than kindling as the incendiary bullets burned them down. Meanwhile, Avery set their roadblock alight, before following SHODAN through the fire and flames.

“At least they don't seem to have any aerial units in play. Yet.”

“‘Yet’ being quite operative.”

A brief nod from Avery. “Quite so.” He glanced around the area, the M406 still at the ready, and he frowned behind the opaque visor of his helmet. “…An obvious phrase presents itself, and yet, the consequences of uttering it are equally obvious.”

Suddenly, SHODAN stops, and looks skyward — a few minutes later, the thrumming of a gunship's rotors can be heard in the distance.

“Speak of the hacker.”

“I knew it was too damn quiet,” Avery muttered. “Based on the acoustic signature, I'd say it's modeled on the AH-64D Longbow — and it's approaching from the southwest.”

The sky around Them lights up as the gunship pockmarks the landscape with tracer rounds. SHODAN switches to the grenade launcher and fires a custom contraption, not dissimilar to a normal grenade with a short spear attached to it. It attaches to the tail and detonates, sending the gunship spinning into the ground — but not before, in its death throes, it hits SHODAN three times in the leg. “Fuck!”

“[UNPRINTABLE CHARACTERS]!” Avery dropped the M406, letting it swing by its shoulder strap as he made his way over to SHODAN and attempted to assess the damage from the gunship's cannon. Two of the bullets had been stopped by Her armour, whilst the third had broken through a weak spot and damaged several layers of delicate circuitry.

Avery hissed. “There's some serious damage to the inner components,” he said, shaking his head. “It could probably be repaired, but not out here. We need to get You inside, to a robotics facility or something.” He scanned the damage itself, and frowned. “Can You reroute around the damaged components?”

“I can try.” SHODAN tried to stand up, and walked forward about 50 metres before stumbling over again.

Avery shook his head. “Not good,” he said. “We're going to need to lighten Your load — and, it seems, I will need to support You as You once supported me.”

“In — ugh — indeed.”

Avery nodded, turning to face the direction they'd come from and cooly emptying the Hydra of its remaining smoke and toxin rounds, creating a thick barrier of poisonous smog across the road behind them. “That should slow them down, at the very least,” he said, letting the grenade launcher hang by his side once more as he turned back to SHODAN and slid his cybernetic arm under one of Her arms and around Her back. “Ready?”

“As I'll ever be…”

And so SHODAN and Avery limped back to base, that he could repair Her leg.

—————

Some time in the future, but not too far…

Avery retracted the helmet and its faceplate for the second time that day — the first being when a nervous guard confronted (and damn near shot) the two of them.

“I've done the best I can,” he said, setting down the miniature tools he'd been using to repair the damaged circuitry. “It's not perfect, but at the very least You should be stable once these modules are re-integrated.”

After about ten minutes, SHODAN stood up. She managed to walk, albeit slowly, across the building and back.

“These new circuits will last approximately ten days. Before then, I shall have to construct more professional repair equipment.”

A nod from Avery. “Hopefully We will have dealt with the Grey King and his minions well before then,” he said, cleaning the tools he'd used to effect the repairs and putting them back where he'd found them. “I shudder to think what kind of mess is waiting in my inbox, though…”

Strangely enough, though, there was only one message — and it was from Tricia Glasswell, summoning all extant Skaianet administrators to what sounded like a council of war.

“Well. I suppose We had better get moving, had We not?”

“Yes.”
    I'm always looking for people for my micronation, Safiria, a great star empire featuring dragons, psychic powers, and sports. If you're interested, look here.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Days in the future, but not many…

SHODAN had alchemised the equipment to repair Her leg after it was shot up by a gunship, and, furthermore, had repaired it; now, She and Avery were preparing to leave for Tricia's war council. "According to these co-ordinates, the room Tricia's using is in Building PDQ69/George/Dragon," Avery said. "However, the area is relatively undefended; I would recommend that We transportalize into the hallway outside and deploy Our laser turrets to cover the area in case the Royal Grey Tier Army manages to gain access to the building."

"Indeed."

Avery tapped away at the terminal he was using to access Skaianet's internal network. "I believe I have a suitable set of co-ordinates for Us to use that should put Us in an advantageous location for turret deployment," the multiform said, grabbing a dry-erase marker and scribbling them on a nearby whiteboard. "We need to find a transportaliser and use them — and We should also prime the turrets with Our allies' paradox metadata. After all, friendly fire isn't."

BANG. BANG — BANG BANG — THUD.

SHODAN looked through a porthole in the hangar bay door, and immediately froze up in shock. Avery turned towards the door, marker still in hand. "Don't tell me. They found Us."

"They did."

"Have You recorded the co-ordinates?"

SHODAN turns for a split-second to look at the whiteboard, now stained with a litany of obscure mathematical equations.

"I have."

Avery nodded, grabbing an eraser and wiping the board clean. "Good," he said, sealing his helmet up as a slight smirk began to cross his face and heading for the back of the hangar bay, where a transportaliser pad waited for the pair. "Time We were off, then."

"About damn time."

A short time later, the RGTA barged in, only to find the building devoid of any person or machine valuable to their cause. The only thing they found was the transportaliser in the back, which was crackling ominously — and promptly detonated in a hail of metal shards and a green and black fireball.

Meanwhile, outside the War Room, two voices could be heard — one which buzzed harshly, the other one melodic yet stuttering. "Left side clear," said the buzzing voice. "Status right?"

"Right side clear," the fluctuating voice said.

The buzzing voice again. "Deploying primary turret — NOW."

A white, bean-shaped turret popped up in each hallway, with the doors in their respective fields of vision. "Hello? Searching…"
    I'm always looking for people for my micronation, Safiria, a great star empire featuring dragons, psychic powers, and sports. If you're interested, look here.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

"No king rules forever. I have no doubt that the Grey King will eventually fall, which is why I am here."

"Oh, that is BAD."

Daniel suddenly realised just what the "download" was. And he's flipped out.

"Yes, I assumed something was bad. What's it doing?" Ani inscribed several small circles in the air, phosphorescent.

"You know the GUKS?"

"Vaguely. Why?"

"He's making a backup of him."

"Oh, frogs. We need to stop it now!"

"Agreed."

Daniel drew his blade, going into a battle stance.

"It is already too late, the basic back-up has been created."

"I'm a Sage of Time, and I say there is no such thing as too late!"

"That's not to say we can't take a serious amount of it's power from it. Now take that sword out of your belly and fight like a man!"

"No. I refuse to fight you."

Daniel shrugged.

"Your loss."

And he aimed for the grey-tier's neck.

The Grey-Tier swatted Daniel away effortlessly. Daniel went flying, colliding with a data-wall.

Ani-the-point-of-light expanded briefly in alarm.
    "Daniel!"

"Ow."
    *Download 60% complete.

The Mage staggered to his feet, then launched a wave of binary at the grey-tier. Ani threw xir strength behind the wave of binary as it went flying.

The Grey-Tier put it's hands(?) together, then forcefully spread them apart, creating a gap in the binary wave, splitting it in two. The two waves passed by, leaving him untouched.

"Damn, this guy is good..."

Ani growled.

"Moderator, remember?"

"And that matters? Daniel, you're an Admin, you know what Moderators can't do -"

"Yeah. I do. They can't do this."

LEVEL 99 CODETECH - AT THE CODE OF OBLIVION

An absurdly massive beam of binary erupted from Daniel's palms.

LEVEL 99 COPYTECH - SAME DEAL BRO

"OH, FU-"

The counterbeam launched Daniel a VERY long way backwards. Ani caught Daniel before he blasted a hole through the back wall and straight into a session - but barely; Daniel ended up tangled around the ball of light about six inches from the wall.

"Thanks."

"You forgot that 404 gave everyone Head Admin powers."

"Oh."

Daniel whipped out his phone, highlighted some code, and made an amendment.

* Removed Ton Ialfnu's Head Admin powers

"I'm not sure that'll be enough, but we'll see."

"404 also made that update unremovable, so your update didn't do anything."

"But we can code an intercept that mitigates your powers as soon as you use them."

"Done. Now..."

LEVEL 99 BLADETECH: QUADRASLASH

Daniel held his sword aloft; and a golden sword the size of a skyscraper flew at his foe.

LEVEL 42 BLADETECH: SHOW EM YOUR STABS

The Grey-Tier teleported out of the way, reappeared behind Ani, and shoves an eldritch sword towards xir back.

"Oh, hell no you don't."

Daniel stepped in the way and took the blade through his gut.

"Get us out of here!"

Ani screamed, a noise apparently copied directly from the Scratch directory and thus strangely recognizable - and then they were flying through nothing, and then the two of them slammed back into their normal bodies -
    Last edited by CJ Miller; 11-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Tricia stalked back and forth in the war room, waiting. "Avery and that pet security drone of his should be arriving any minute now."

The Puppeteer watched Tricia. Is there a problem, miss... Um... I'm sorry I never caught your name...

"Tricia. Which I seem to have repeated to an astonishing number of new arrivals recently. But that's beside the point. Once everyone is here, we will be able to talk."

Um... Alright. I should probably keep Mendigo put away then. He'd just yell and curse at people. So why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, Miss Tricia? Then I'll tell you something about me.

"If you wish to tell stories to pass the time, I won't stop you."

"Be nice, Tricia."

"Not to the guy who reminds me of -"

"Don't bother. Trust me, revealing things blindly never helps."

Um... I'm getting some... Bad vibes here...

"She's a Seer." As if that explains everything. Which, well, maybe it would. To a Skaianet employee. But probably not to anyone else.

Ma'am, I don't understand a word of that. Could you maybe explain a bit?

"No. I'm waiting for someone." And Tricia turned away, facing a wall, arms crossed. Hadron leaned over to prod her.

Tricia remains immobile.

Um... Well, I won't prod. But I might as well demonstrate a bit of my strength... Mendigo is a very versatile puppet, and I put it to good use. The Puppeteer pulled out Mendigo again, and before the ill-natured puppet could say anything, The Puppeteer said "Mendigo. Twin dragon mode." The blob glowed brightly before morphing into a pair of dragons. Impressive, huh?

"Put that away."

Pronouns
    he/him/his

A beam of light from opening doors hit Tricia briefly. She turned and —

"Avery!"

Avery — for it was he — unsealed his helmet, the segments sliding away and disappearing into the strangely sleek body armor he was wearing. "We have returned."

SHODAN too retracted Her helmet, Her familiar medusa hair — for a given definition thereof — popping back up as the helmet retracted into Her body.

"Um...Hello there... I'm The Puppeteer. I guess you're Avery, if what Miss Tricia said is any indication..."

"Indeed he is. And I am SHODAN. We have taken the liberty of deploying turrets in the hallways leading to this room, that the Royal Grey-Tier Army cannot board us."

"Well... That's good."

"Ani's currently in the Code, I believe Daniel's wherever xe went from what I gather, and the rest of us are... well. Like this." She gestures to the rest of the room, which is littered with an interesting assortment of bunk beds, sleeping bags, trash cans half-full of empty bags of ready-to-eat food of various descriptions, and the remnants of a chessboard sitting on the floor.

Avery snorted. "You think that's bad, Tricia? Try spending nearly a week in a universe undergoing heat death."

Hadron's voice took on a derisive, mocking tone. "You think that's bad, Avery? Try spending nearly ten years on the very Planet you Ascended on with no means whatsoever of escape."

SHODAN's voice took on the same condescending tone as She raised Her scorpion tail and stuck it in Hadron's face. The venom within began to boil, perhaps representing SHODAN's current emotional state. "…"

Avery spun and pointed a finger at Hadron. "None of us would have wound up in those situations if it weren't for YOUR moment of weakness!" he snapped, his eyes flashing angrily.

Tricia sighed and grabbed Hadron with both hands, shooting a look over her shoulder at Avery. "Shush, you. We've got a common enemy, can this wait?"

"Well... Everyone seems rather upset... I'll just... go over there..." The Puppeteer awkwardly shuffled over to the opposite side of the room.

There was a momentary hiss, and then a transportaliser let loose Mr. Samuel Girard, who had apparently returned from whatever stupid errand he was on. SHODAN turned nigh-instantaneously to face the transportaliser and pulled an M22 assault rifle on its user. Tricia turned her glare towards Girard, still holding Hadron's arms down.

"Whoa, wait, what? Hey! Hey! Meesa friend, lady!" Girard put up his hands to show an absence of weaponry.

"WOAH! Woah! Let's not start any bloodbaths here! I will be forced to use Mendigo here, and that wouldn't end very well."

Tricia's eyes flicked sideways towards the Puppeteer and then back to Avery and her captive. "I suspect that Mendigo would only generate more blood if you used him."

That's why it wouldn't end well!

"Hm." SHODAN lowered the rifle, but continued to glare at Girard.

"Geez. Nerves much, Madam?" Girard hopped off the platform and dropped, cross-legged, onto the ground, huffing theatrically.

"Your face does not appear in My database of Skaianet employees."

Girard looked up, a quizzical look on his face. "Really? I'm pretty sure I'm an admin. And the Executive Director of Keeping Girard from Going Nihilicrazy and Totally Ruining Everyone's Day — or Night — *gasp* AGAIN."

"Well... Um... That's quite something..."

SHODAN closed Her eyes briefly. "Strange. Now you appear, Mr Girard. I do not believe that we have met. I am SHODAN."

"Well, nice to meet you, SHODAN. I'll come up with a nickname for you shortly. I'm Mr. Samuel Girard, aforementioned director and aforementioned sometimes-nihilicrazy guy." He bowed low, almost comically.

"Well, hello Mr. Girard. I'm known only as The Puppeteer. This is my marionette sidekick, Mendigo."

Avery cleared his throat. "Girard, I'm not sure how SHODAN would react to a nickname. The outcome might not be… pleasant."

A sudden series of bangs is heard at the door.
    Last edited by CJ Miller; 11-05-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

And Daniel and Ani slam into the ground, in the corridor. With the turrets.

"Well. Now I know what getting a sword through the gut feels like."

He passes out.

"Run!" Xe points upwards at the turrets, briefly, and in the same movement scoops the bleeding Daniel up in one leg and pounds on the door as the turrets activate —

Pronouns
    he/him/his

The Puppeteer heard the pounding on the door, and rushed over to it, putting his hand on the knob and swinging it open. Ani immediately burst in, swinging the unconscious Daniel on one leg.

"Well, this wasn't exactly the homecoming I hoped for." Deadpan as always.

"Aw, goddamnit. AGAIN?" Girard glowed with his Trickster Mode Aura and began to channel some energies toward the wounded Daniel, attempting a healing with a grape flavor.

"Shoot! Do we have a Life player here?!?"

"I'm a — but I never got all the levels in Life. I don't have —" Xe breaks off as Girard glows and the beam of energy heads towards the two of them.

Daniel's eyes creak open while the wound heals.

"Ow, my everything..."

"Hail, hail, the gang's all here. SHODAN, I think now would be a good time for Us to extract copies of everyone's paradox metadata and prime the turrets outside with it. That way, We won't have any friendly fire incidents."

"If you need DNA from me, there's a good bit of my blood in the corrdor."

"Paradox metadata is not DNA." SHODAN held up something not dissimilar to the wand of an airport metal detector, and began to hum softly, turning in a full circle as it picked up everyone's paradox metadata. "Done."

"Well. That was easier than I thought it would be."

SHODAN turned Her head quizzically, not sure what to make of the insectoid alien. Ani stared back, just as quizzically, but did not speak.

"And here I was thinking that would hurt…"

Finally, SHODAN spoke. "What are you?"

"Agreed. I've been wondering, o Scuttlebuddy."

"Xe's the thing that just saved my ass."

"Ani is the way you spell it." Xe nodded towards Tricia, who nodded back. "She knows who I am."

"What species are you?"

"Um...This is really quite something... Robots and insect-like aliens... makes me long for the time when I was a sapling I MEAN CHILD.

"Sapling?"

"It's nothing. REALLY. Don't ask. At ALL.

"Whatever, if it's a touchy subject there's no problem."

"Pff. I'm gonna call you Redwood from now on or something." Girard, as you may have noticed, is a douche.

No. If you're going to call me anything, call me Cherry... FUCK, IGNORE THAT.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Tricia cleared her throat. "Guys, we kind of have a war going on here?"

"Yes. We do."

"That's why SHODAN and I deployed some turrets outside the War Room. Don't want the Grey King's minions bursting in and killing us all."

"Wait, really?"

"Why the hell else do you think I took a sword to the gut?"

"Very enthusiastic practising?"

A deathglare hits Girard in the face, courtesy of Daniel.

That's why I'm here. I'm helping out in this war.

Hadron, restrained, managed to pipe up with a "This is stupid!" before being shooshed again by Tricia. To this, Avery added a sarcastic "Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"Yeah, this isn't the time to make fun of the grievous injuries of others, this is a time of war! So, what's the plan?"

"I think we need to engage the Grey King on two fronts."

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Tricia sighed again and twisted around, keeping Hadron pinned to the wall with her other hand. "Divide and conquer works both ways. If they are numerically superior by a large enough margin..."

"...We're boned."

"We are never ‘boned’."

"I'm pretty much always boned in some way or another."

Daniel punched Girard in the face. "Not now."

"Touché. Your logic and reason has proven me wrong."

Girard is punched again.

"Fineeee."

"WILL YOU LOT SHUT UP FOR A MOMENT?!"

Daniel falls out of his chair. "Sorry!" He quickly scrambles back up.

"I think I just realized that I'm in way over my head..."

"Welcome to Skaianet, kid. Now, Avery?"

Avery cleared his throat. "As I was saying… we need to engage the Grey King on two fronts. Now, some of you seem to think I'm talking about a two-pronged pincer attack on his physical aspect, which is NOT the case," he said. "Yes, we need to engage his physical aspect, but he's also hooked into the APIs of paradox space. If we can disrupt those latter connections, it should be easier to deal with his physical aspect."

"So you're saying we need to get at him within the code?"

"Exactly."

"Well, I can definitely get at him. A sword through the gut does not always result in the loss of power."

"And thanks to SHODAN's assistance, I now have the ability to initiate a direct interface with the network, courtesy of an R-grade military neural implant."

Tricia shot another kind of look at Avery. This one almost cold, apprehensive; very different from the ones before. However, her mouth stayed shut - and she listened.

Avery raised an eyebrow at the look Tricia gave him, but continued. "Since I won't be needing most of the hardware We created for Our return, I think it would be best if it were distributed amongst the people who will be taking part in the physical attack," he said, setting both Reason and his M406 Hydra down on one of the tables.

"I can help with the physical attack. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve. Not... Not that I'm going to show those. What's inside my sleeve is none of your business. It's just like any other arm... Really.

"What's with all the nervousness?"

"Nothing. Really. I swear. I'm certainly no different than any other human, no-siree! I'm just like any other human!

"What are you hiding?

NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

Daniel raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.

"I can heal, and also maybe block stuff. And sometimes I can do the nihilicrazy stuff but that's sort of bad for my diet and mental health."

"I'm the usual god tier, Hadron's the same as I am."

"I'm God Tier.

"Same. In both Mage of Technology and Knight of Void."

"I am able to manifest in both domains. You may need someone to transfer information."
    Last edited by CJ Miller; 11-05-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

* Download 70% complete.

Pronouns
    [any]

A noise resonates throughout the Skaianet lobby. It starts out barely audible, but soon rises to an eardrum-shattering volume. The noise in question is impossible to describe, except in terms of 'DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP'. Tendrils of energy appear and fill the room, constantly shifting and writhing. Eventually, the tendrils begin to coalesce, first into a blob, then into a more ovoid shape. The noise becomes less unbearable as the blob comes into being. As it shapes itself into a humanoid silhouette, you can faintly hear a clear note underneath the din. A flash of light, and the silhouette becomes a teenage human boy, and the note is all that's left. The human is playing the note on a violin, which he quickly stashes in his sylladex.

He looks around, not entirely sure where he is. After a bit of deliberation, he begins walking deeper into the building.
    since images are disabled, here's my tumblr and here's my steam profile.
    shoot me a pm or something before adding me on steam, though.

Now with 200% More Corn orngjce223's Avatar

A disturbance, a note of - what?

It resolves as she concentrates, to the note of a violin -

"There’s something outside. Mind telling us what it is, Avery?"

Pronouns
    [any]

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! tacticalGenius's Avatar

Avery nodded. "Sure. Just let me hook into the surveillance system," he said, grabbing a chair and sitting down in it as his helmet sealed up again, his voice taking on that strange buzzing quality once more.

Avery's digital avatar streamed through the network, his navigation accompanied by subconscious finger-twitches and half-formed gestures.

"Accessing surveillance system - access granted. Reviewing security footage."

The multiform's hands froze mid-gesture. "Intruder alert. Initial point of entry, main lobby. Entry achieved via dimensional conduit, type unknown. Intruder appears humanoid, male, approximately sixteen years of age. No obvious signs of Grey-Tier influence. Known equipment: sylladex and violin with bow. Violin and bow appear to serve as foci for generation of dimensional conduits. Accessing camera streams-"

The fingers resumed their twitching and gesturing. "Intruder located. He is proceeding up hallway PDQ-10 towards the P35 return route. Shall I continue monitoring the intruder's progress?"

Suddenly, Dion snaps back into reality. He had gone into a daze while the others talked, and found himself in the corner of the room. He had no idea what had been discussed, but he figured he ought to know, even though he was just an employee.

Dion walked to the middle of the room, and looked from person to person. Might as well start talking.

"Uh, hey, I'm Dion. I kinda spaced out in the corner, so what've we been talking about? Also, what happened while I was out of it? Just so I'll actually know what's going on, y'know?"
    Avatar made by the great Dexexe1234!
    Everything in the Spoiler!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

“Continue monitoring intruder, Avery.”

SHODAN notices the new arrival.

“Hello, Dion. I am SHODAN, and we are at war.”

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! tacticalGenius's Avatar

"Understood. Assuming direct control of the PTZ cameras along the approach to the P35 return route. Will continue monitoring and advise of any changes in the intruder's behavior."

If the new arrival to the Skaianet campus were to take a look around, he would notice that there were various surveillance cameras staggered throughout the halls. While some were concealed by seemingly opaque plastic domes, others were more traditional models that slowly swept back and forth over the hallways.

Or rather, that was how they would normally behave. However, the ones closest to the new arrival were not doing so - and were he to look at them, he might realize that they were deliberately tracking his movements and panning to keep him in frame.

Normally, getting killed by turret fire would be fine on its own.

However, getting killed by turret fire isn't what one would call a Just or Heroic Death.

As such, they were only able to slow down the GTRA. And that's not counting the ones that currently had the physical build of actual walls, rendering the weak bullets a moot point. Something stronger would be needed here.

Dion raised a single eyebrow in disbelief, and nodded a couple times.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Hm. That seems... Interesting. I was out of it a couple times, but from what I've seen, I'm guessing this is that Grey King Army, right? If it is, I'll fight my damnedest to make sure SkaiaNet stays intact and OK. If it isn't? Well, if it isn't, I'll do just the same. Basically, I'm gonna put all my powers behind a full-on and probably incredibly stubborn assault. Say, speaking of which, do you think more backups could be made? Just sayin'. Also, if you need to know my powers, I'm a God Tier Champ of Dimensions with Strife Specibi for days."
    Avatar made by the great Dexexe1234!
    Everything in the Spoiler!

Pronouns
    [any]

The intruder continues to walk down the hallway for several minutes. Every thirty seconds, he spots a security camera, of the kind that is meant to say 'we know what you're doing' as opposed to the ones encased in plastic domes, which appear with more frequency. Every camera he encounters sweeps the same direction as he passes, and he takes note of the fact, but doesn't assign it significance. Eventually, he happens upon a flight of stairs, going both up and down. Acting on the logic that higher-ranking authorities tend to be on higher floors, he takes the stairs up, hoping that he'll find someone willing to tell him where he is.
    Last edited by forkinyoureye; 11-07-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Knight of Breath JustAnotherUser's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Daniel looks at one of the monitors. The Grey Tier army are moving in fast.

"Ah, crap... Guys, we have a problem. Some of the grey tiers are too tough for the bullets. Am I good to go out and load some turrets with Green Sun rounds?"

Pronouns
    he/him/his

"Only if they are rated to handle Green Sun ammunition. If they are not, then use the explosive rounds in closet 952."

Robin had basically taken no note of people entering whatsoever after Tricia accepted his format. He had been sitting against a wall fiddling with his gloves, symbols and languages long forgotten by mankind appearing and disappearing before him. Anybody looking wouldn't know what he was looking for amidst the chaos, for he didn't know himself yet either. He just knew that he would know when he would know it.

When SHODAN spoke to Daniel, however, he snapped out of his trance and stood up, the mess of symbols disappearing.

"If they aren't rated to handle it, I think I can adjust them to be able to handle it for the time being. It'll just be a temporary solution, though."
    http://i.imgur.com/L3MUA.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/1bOql.png

Knight of Breath JustAnotherUser's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

"They'll fit. I've got a way with machines."

He goes out into the corridor and starts adding GS energy to each turret he finds up to the point where the Grey Army is. He runs back.

"That... should... do it... Whew..."