• The Masked Mistress of Crime

3 16.67%
  • The Rotted Rust Bucket

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relentless: A Collaboration Between Officerjordan and Neverosa

Relentless: A Collaboration Between Officerjordan and Neverosa

Hello there! Welcome to Relentless!

As you would probably guess, this is a collaboration between the lovely neverosa and myself. The art duties will mostly fall upon me. You can expect some violence, so if you don't want to see that, familiarize yourself with the evacuation procedure.

I'm sure some of your poor babies are wonderin just what the point of this post is, huh? Besides welcoming you, of course! Well, as your hosts for the time being, it's our job to clear this up! More of my job than his, really. I'm writing it, you see. This story, at least in it's earliest form, departs from traditional adventuring because society has robbed us of such things. This is a world where even the unexpected could have been foretold; where exploration has been dead for centuries; and where--

She's speaking in character right now if you didn't pick up on it.

Yes, it's easier to explain this as if I were a character myself. Anyhow, I have some questions for you guys, the potential readers!

First I wanna know if you want to meet a HERO or a HEROINE from the start? Because I have characters ready in wait to fill either role.
    Secondly, and this is a big one for me, I'm very curious if you'd like to read something somewhat serious but sprinkled with wacky humor, something potentially thought-provoking, something over-the-top and fast-paced, or what? Please let me know! While I have the basic stuff all sorted out, I'll willing to change A LOT about the story and characters depending on what readers would like to see!
    Finally, I'd like to run this idea by you all: what do you say if I said reader input would only really make an impact during certain areas in the story, where characters are literally faced with listed options, or just a free command ">_?" thing? I urge you to tell me whatever you'd like to see in something different! Something...

Relentless.

Yeah, that's both vague and the title of the adventure! Or what I'm currently calling the anti-adventure.

Trust me, you'll want to stick around for this one, my friends. 'Til next time...!

Can't stick to a style Bropocalypse's Avatar

Re: Relentless: A Collaboration Between Officerjordan and Neverosa

Over-the-top and fast-paced

I'm kinda ambivalent on which character command option but I'm leaning towards free-wheeling

I think a combination of fast paced and thought provoking content would be interesting. I'd say let reader commands affect the story but feel free to take control of anything you feel necessary. I want to meet this HEROINE.

I say HERO. I like the expression on his face.
    How about thought-provoking and serious, but over-the-top when there is action and/or humor?
    Lastly, with the reader commands-thing, I agree with SonidZero.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I say a HEROINE would be excellent. Something serious with some humor or humor with some seriousness; either one will do~

I'm leaning towards mostly LISTED OPTIONS if only because I don't think I see them too often!
    ["Art"]Want to talk to adventurers? Come join us!Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    I say HERO. I like the expression on his face.
    How about thought-provoking and serious, but over-the-top when there is action and/or humor?
    Lastly, with the reader commands-thing, I agree with SonidZero.
    Those aren't the heroes, those are the authors silly!

Also, I gotta update my signature for Relentless. I'm sorry to say that Starfall is probably dead, but this is gonna be a lot of fun!
    Inactive account. Moved to iamohjay.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Heavily dialog-based and dryly comic. Let's play as a heroine.

Heroine. Thought-provoking, yet humorous, and likely very confusing with lots of weird puzzle shit. Open-ended with a simple >_.
    boisseaumr
    | adventures | let's go home | things |

Heroine please. Can you do over the top but still thought provoking? With wacky humor sprinkled here and there. Also commoands with a >_.

Honestly, I think I like to see what the authors come up with rather than the dickjokememes that we foist on them. I'd have to throw my hat into the List of Options ring, if such a thing existed. Which it totally might.
    This image of avatar excellence was brought to you by MrPeach32, with greeny bits by ashdenej. Pretty much the only part I did was this signature.

Tobira Harbor

Hayworth: Ah, a visitor! My name is Father Uriah Hayworth; welcome to my humble little house of God!

Woolf: …What exactly do you worship here?
    Hayworth: Curious about our faith, are you? Well, I will gladly answer any questions you may have. If you’d just come inside and have a seat, I’ll get some coffee from my office and we can talk about it. If you find yourself disinterested in our faith, I won’t take it personally. I’ll even give you directions around town if you’d like. I can tell you’re new here…

Woolf: Thanks. I am new, yeah. Just kind of wandered here from the other side of the mountains.
    Hayworth: You must be quite strong. These mountains aren’t very forgiving.
    Woolf: You seem to have built your church right alongside them, and it’s so far from the city… no offense, but with such a treacherous location, I’d imagine that’s why there aren’t any people here, am I right?
    Hayworth: You could say that. I will certainly be the first to concede that this place is lacking a suitable congregation. But that seems to be the trend with churches these days; so few left with real faith. That, and the technology these days has weakened people. They don’t want to attend a worshipping ceremony now; it’s too old fashioned. I’ve considered creating an online worship community, but I’ll stick with this until I have to tear it down… this building is very holy and significant. Come have a seat…

Hayworth: If I may… do you or have you practiced any religions? Something about you seems very spiritual…
    Woolf: Until recently, I was a total non-believer. My siblings and I were raised faithless. But last week, I came to realize gods exist…
    Hayworth: Well, revelations certainly occur. Anyway, how about I get to your question? In this church, we practice Sightism, a fairly new religion of only several hundred years. Since you aren’t from around here, you may not know it, but it was founded about the time this great city was first built. I admit, a lack of missionaries and competent witnesses has left Sightism quite Tobira-centric. But still I believe.
    Woolf: What is it you believe in?
    Hayworth: …You’re familiar with Ill Sigh, correct?
    Woolf: …The Sighing Lord? Yes. He’s the demon king of terror and the origin of all sin.
    Hayworth: So say traditional texts, and they end it there. But his, I mean, the Sighing Lord… it is written his eye was on God before he was torn apart and scattered. Of course, the eye by itself is merely a tool that was used by evil, and not evil itself, so in Sightism, we believe that by worshipping the eye of Ill Sigh, we can finally see God!
    Woolf: …’see God’?
    Hayworth: That part is mostly symbolic.
    Woolf: Maybe you don’t have any members because Sightism lacks a strong foundation.
    Hayworth: Ahahaha, you’re not the first to tell me that! But it makes sense if you believe the eye is a physical object and is currently in existence. And our text explains how it is! Here…

Woolf: You have a bible? Then there’s actually enough to this to fill an entire book…
    Hayworth: Inside is very solid evidence that the eye is among us. Actually, I am one of the handful of co-authors, as it is an ever-growing book. After all, the story of the eye can’t end if it’s still here, right?
    Woolf: You sound pretty confident; I’d expect as much from a priest… I think it’d be more convincing if you actually just brought what you think is the eye out for people to see. Or don’t you know where it is?
    Hayworth: Of course I know where it is, but since when do you have to see the target of worship in a religion?
    Woolf: Well, if you know where it is, then why deliberately hide it and cast your religion in doubt? I think I’d like to see it for myself.
    Hayworth: It’s far too valuable to remove from its current position.
    Woolf: Then why don’t you lead me to it?
    Hayworth: I don’t think you understand, stranger…

Woolf: What?!
    Hayworth: Ahahaha!! I see you noticed. Yes, the demon king's eye is “hidden” in my own skull, just as it was in those who came before me. But that's not all... with its power, I can see you're hiding something very important under that cloak. Something I've been looking for.
    Woolf: Tch.

Hayworth: Ah, there it is~! The arm of Ill Sigh… naughty naughty, hiding it from me… good thing you’re in a church, so you can repent!
    Woolf: You knew the second I stepped inside, didn’t you? Your eye tipped you off!
    Hayworth: I knew the second you entered Tobira and I used my psychic influence to draw you in. Our pilgrimage for that arm has been going on for a very long time! How did an outsider like you come about it, I wonder?
    Woolf: That doesn’t matter – I won’t let you take it!
    Hayworth: Oh, but I shall! And after I tear it off, I’m going to pluck those pretty jade eyes out of your head and add them to my collection!!
    Woolf: You talk way too much…

Looks like that's where the scene cuts off. Cliffhangers: you just never know when one's going to rear its ugly head! Now, it's time for you, my friends, to choose between three new character points of view to switch to: the human husk, the masked mistress of crime, or the rotted rust bucket. So, we'll take a poll.

And please continue to give feedback, because we really do appreciate it. Thanks!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Both the first and the third sound pretty tempting but I think Human Husk sounds pretty good for now.

And that whole post was wonderful I am subscribing right now, please make more.

I'll throw in my vote for the human husk.

This is looking really good, can't wait to see how it goes.

Rotted rust buuuuuuuuckeeeeeeeeet
    http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...erbarfancy.pnghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ckbanner-1.png

I like the sound of the Human Husk
    My spirit animal is the cis-het white male oppressor

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Rust bucket sounds like a robot. Therefore I am voting for Bukkit.
    ["Art"]Want to talk to adventurers? Come join us!Lore.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Masked Mistress of Crime needs to sound less boring.

>Zip yo shirt up lady! You gunna catch a cold and you look like a hussy! Didn't yo mama ever teach you no better? Go to yer room and change into something more respectable right this instant!

Logging in to cast my vote for Rotted Rust bucket~
    It's pronounced "kuh-MEEN"!

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

By the way, you won't be able to remove that poll yourself later.

I'm sad that the terrible poll interface exists then...

but it was ojay's idea

Ugh. I've never used a poll on this forum. If we can't remove them ourselves, then that is really no good. Well, in the future we'll just stick with text polls. :/

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

I'm sure that you can ask Slorange, Schazer, or Avi to go and remove it later and they won't mind.
    Avi has done poll shenanigains quite often for the Hare Force One projectamabob.

Gonna vote for the rust bucket.

Because the name makes me curious.
    Chumhandle: shockwaveSurrealist
    Thanks to Squiggles for the avatar.

Avatar by Pharms : D Moderator ProfessorLizzard's Avatar

>Lets get some Rotted Rust bucket \o\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast