>Gwydian: Don't look now, but that guy you were TOTALLY BEATING earlier has come back for more! Quick, get Seb to freeze him or something.
Collar Guy> Stab Gwyddi. He tried to break into your Mistresses' mansion.
Legend of the Hunter - 61
...but the guard will have none of that.
- Hrm! Was that all, General?
- Is that the true skill of our fabled dragon champion?
- Stand up, man, and give 'em hell! Else every drat beggar from the streets would be worthy.
- AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT, GENERAL.
- I WAS BARELY HOLDING BACK, YOU RAPSCALLION!
- THEY ARE WORTHY TO DEFEND OUR CITY WHILE WE ARE OCCUPIED!
- Hrm! "Barely holding back." Yeah, right.
- There's nothing honorable with a fake battle, blockhead!
- And you do this ALL THE TIME. Testing everybody's skill in some true men shit...
- Now, for real, dammit!
- THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN HAVING HONOR BATTLES AT EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY!
- BUT FINE
- I WILL NOT HOLD BACK ANYMORE!
- If you're a real exorcist, you should have no problem dealing with that.
- It'll be over soon. I'm just the best there is. That's a fact.
This is not the DEVELOPMENT YOU'D HOPED FOR. Instead of being showered with appreciation, POSSIBLY MONETARY IN NATURE, you have to fight the General with activated FLAMETHROWER WINGS as well as this sword-wielding braggart! With your BANISHING PUNCH charging up, you can absorb the worst of the heat, but this won't be an easy battle-
- You will NOT continue with this bullshit.
- My patience has RUN OUT. Your LUCK is about to.
- The final preparations have to be made for the cannons.
- The holy grounds have to be guarded.
- I DO NOT see much of that being done around here.
- So stop acting like brain-dead little boys, and get back to KILLING AND DEFENDING - FROM A DEMON!
The pent-up frustration unleashed by Ava is just TOO OVERWHELMING. Defense is not possible. The eerie feeling of having disappointed an entity of INMEASURABLY GREATER POWER crushes your spirit and forces the battle to a halt.
- I wasn't just gonna suckerpunch him
- Wouldn't be honorable
- And we already established the fact that we are honorable
- Now get back to your jobs before I have to get all Dragon Maiden on your ass!
- YES HONORABLE MOM
- I MEAN DRAGON MAIDEN
- Don't be sad, Mr. Twiddlefeet
- Someday, I'm gonna figure out how to give you orders
- And then we'll be the most awesome team
- Hmmm... If only there was some person around that still owes me alcohol...
Now that the battle screen of true men has been SCARED OUT OF ITS MACHISMO and you have introduced yourself to the General, it is time to continue your preparations - with YOUR BROTHER as the only real roadblock remaining.
Now, how to convince him TO LET HIMSELF BE SHOT OUT OF A CANNON.
Gwydian> weren't you pissed at your brother about something now that there is no looming threat to your life?
Seb> Promise Gwyddi you'll find him a Dire Beer if he lets you shoot him out of a cannon
Seb: tell him about the howitzers, and how they punch people to heal them. You just assumed he'd want to get in on something like that.
Last edited by Mibbs; 11-01-2011 at 10:33 AM.
> Seb: Get over to those cannons man, who knows when the demon could show up! Make sure to drag the ammunition your brother along with you.
Competition you say? Well then what if...
"It's perfectly fine, healing mages get shot out of the cannons all the time, and they've got to be way more fragile than you. Plus did I mention it will let you punch things really, really hard? Seriously, you'll love it."
A contest, eh?
I would bring great shame to my writerly roots if I didn't try out for this! But first...
>Sebastian: Dealing with your brother, like all things, requires strategy. First, get him outta here and take him to a place where causing a scene isn't expected, but almost required. In other words, the diviest bar in the city. Away from anyone you don't want hearing this. Then, lay out the tenants of the plan: how safe it is and the fact that healing priests will be fired immediately fired right after him. And just to be EXTRA safe you'll find him a helmet. Heck, maybe even a LEGENDARY helmet! And he's survived way more risky crap than this, didn't he jump out of a flying train a little while ago or something?
(Expect a general dramatic reveal submission later tonight!)
Forgotten Age: A forum adventure with text AND pictures. Read now! http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...-Forgotten-Age
Ava: Realize you just got 4 men who are physically stronger and more dangerous than you to shut up and do what you say. Feel a bit like a smug badass about that. (Guys? I do NOT think we want to see what happens when Ava's ABILITY TO PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT drains all the way to zero...)
Ok, let's review what we know of the General.
1) He has no problem taking off his helmet to let people see his face (or lack thereof) which means he's not ashamed of it or anything.
2) He likes fighting, and usually does so at a handicap to see how people handle themselves. Maybe he could seriously hurt someone if he fought fairly. I don't know, but it's worth speculating about.
3) He's pretty big on the whole "Honor" thing.
4) He has absolutely no problem firing Gwydian out of a canon as long as he thinks it's an effective strategic move.
5) He likes Dragons probably more than is healthy. This is probably just a Videgotta thing, though.
6) He's very, VERY good at killing. Asotil-level good.
7) He has a bit of a flair for the melodrama.
Knowing all this, I present:
My submission for the General's identity:
Legend of the Hunter - 62
Man I'm kinda getting depressed here
'cause I still don't know how to keep bro away from the Ultimate Weapon
Dammit, and I blew that chance to talk to Lady Naum! Fuck!
First of all
I AM STILL PISSED BRO
You duly take notice of your brother's continued displeasure.
The General and the guard with the silly collar WHOSE NAME SHALL ONLY BE KNOWN TO THE CRAFTIEST INDIVIDUALS ponder the recent developments. They aren't very interested in dealing with the accumulated damages caused by Gwydian yet. TRUE MEN DON'T DO ACCOUNTING.
Ava gained a ARBITRARY UNIT COUNTING TOWARDS THE IMPROVEMENT OF COMBAT PERFORMANCE! Sadly, she doesn't know HOW TO SPEND THOSE.
Hrm. I'm going to follow those two.
I KEEP TELLING YOU, THEIR WORTHINESS HAS BEEN PROVEN!
BESIDES, EVERYBODY KNOWS ONLY EXORCISTS CAN PULL OF THAT BANISHING PUNCH.
IT'S A GIFT FROM THE ANGELS OF ARAEL!
I'm just a suspicious nature. You gotta be as the absolute elite.
Not that you'd know anything about THAT.
YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE FLAMETHROWERS.
You soon arrive at one of the cannons. You have no idea how the Howitzer priests actually got it up there, but you ain't complaining! It seems that Father Lamard has arrived, too. He seems to develop a sixth sense for ABSCONDING BEFORE GWYDIAN FUCKS EVERYTHING UP AGAIN.
Okay bro, what the hell?!
Getting shot out of cannons
That is stupid! I'm not gonna be fuckin ammunition
You're trying to outsmart me, aren't you
I know you are that's what you do you're an inveterate outsmarter
Well that ain't workin
I tell you, we should... just leave this place before anything bad happens
You don't know what Gwydian is talking about. Bad things happening? This whole bluff is more luck than you'll ever have again! Besides, you're not gonna let that demon get away. The citizens need to be protected. AND YOU NEED TO GET YOUR DEMON KILLING ON. Discussion is over.
The two of you stop arguing for a second when you both notice a lone SPOTLIGHT appearing next to you. For what purpose, you wonder?
However, you can be EL VENDAVAL, Lord of Storms and Good Fortune, the dashing rogue of the emerald planes, the moustache'd favorite of all the ladies!
Uhm, greetings, brave heroes!
My name is EL VENDAVAL, and I could not help but notice that you are on a quest of utmost importance!
Me and my close quarter table demolition fighting style could be of great help to you!
Why don't we join forces for a poorly explained or even no reason?
EL VENDAVAL throws a golden and a silver dice in the air. They don't actually do anything. They just look fancy.
You look familiar
Did I piledrive you in the past?