Lohqua--and now Varnak--'s stall was practically dead center in the smithing section of Tiderot's open marketplace. It also happened to be the largest one [If she didn't outright own it, she would have been kicked out in favor of a higher blood long ago, but she'd bought it when this section of the market was just starting up.], mixed metal and wood with thick anti-theft shutters currently retracted. The front had their symbols painted on it in anonymous black, the door into the almost-permanent building wide open for the night. More metal is set up in the small storage space behind the forge, and one corner sports nothing but a table - carefully made chain and a pad of paper [with red pencil and gold pen] on it - and a curtain, tied back for now, though the purpose is clear - that's where she takes measurements. Two display suits of armor, one assembled, the other spread out piece-by-piece, are set out along the right side of the forge. On the left side are weapons, a mix of Lohqua's and Varnak's, arranged carefully. Finally, along the front of the stall, is the jewelery, set in locked glass cases to make it that much harder to steal the delicate pieces. There are three noticiable stains on the hardwood floor of the stall. One teal, one red, and one green.
Hello and welcome to a new open-rp thread. I [Tluthal] and my partner in crime here, Tekkenfreak4, have teamed up to bring you LohVar's Smithy. As you can probably guess, [especially if you just read that description up there!] this is a smithy. We intend to be a bit more organized than the Cafe, but this is still a place to come and hang out! Just expect grumpy shopkeepers to kick you out if your character doesn't seem to be buying anything.
So let's get some rules up - I really feel I shouldn't have to say these, but let's get them out of the way just in case. Okay? :D
1) No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming. That is, no invincible characters, no controling any characters but your own, and no using OOC information IC. Doing any of these violates the Yes Respect rule, and you will get one warning and a chance to change it. If it happens again, your post will be reported.
2) No Dicking Around. While you're welcome to have your character come in and check things out, this area isn't a 'come sit down and dick around' area like the Cafe - you can come chat up the owners, but again, we're running a business here. If you manage to trip the dicking off sensor you will be warned, and if the behavior continues you will be blacklisted.
3) No dicking around either. This is not a brothel. It is a smithy. Please be courteous to your fellow rpers and take your amorous advances to PMs. That aside we are happy to cater to matching items for couples - just keep the makeouts/hatesnogging out of here unless you want an ingot to the head.
4) Listen to the thread mods. That's Tluthal and Tekkenfreak4 right now, but might expand if this gets big.
5) Ignore the Blacklisted. If someone is on the blacklist, ignore their posts.
6) Keep the fighting to a bare minimum. You get two posts of fighting each before you get kicked out of the shop. If fight posting continues after that your posts will be reported. [Yes Respect strikes again!]
7) Above all, have a good time! These rules are to ensure everybody has a good time. If you're not, let us know and we'll see what we can do to help!
It's empty right now, let's keep it that way!