MSPA Forums
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Read: Homestuck!

Re: Let's Read: Homestuck!

Oh, cool then!
    *I'mtotallynotsighinginreliefhere,becauseIjusttrie dJadeandIcan'tfuckingdoit*
    I'll see if I can do a Rose then...I just might be able to pull off her voice...

But...um...I have a small...sort of...lisp...
    I-it's not too noticeable! I-I just...it's sort of embarrassing for me and I thought you'd want to know before I did anything...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

So, apparently my file was too big to convert to MP3 and I can't upload it to Tindeck that way. :/

So, it's on Youtube now. There's this awful noise in the background. That could be because I forgot there wasn't going to be any view and was holding the camera to my knee. So if you want, I could do it again without doing that to see if the quality is better.

...When You Had The Chance...

Hmm...I might be able to help with this. I recently discovered I may be losing my job for health reasons, so...lot of free time. I just need a quality microphone.

I also don't know what level of recording program you are intending to use. Is Audacity acceptable?

edit: I'm not very good at CHANGING my voice, but I can do a good pissed-off rant and that would be what I would expect Karkat to sound like. I also can talk really fast. It'd take some practice, but...

also, I have a friend who is amazing at accents and voices and stuff who I need to get to read homestuck ANYWAY, so maybe I should see if he wants to do this?

:O Sorry about your job, dude.

Audacity should be perfectly fine in terms of recording; it's what I've been using. (Well that stitched together awfully with GarageBand in certain situations.) Also I think it would be pretty great for your friend to like only read Homestuck as he's acting it out. XD
    We hope you enjoy your stay. It's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day. We hope you enjoy your stay. Outside the sun is shining, it seems like heaven ain't far away. It's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day.

...When You Had The Chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadonix View Post
    :O Sorry about your job, dude.

Audacity should be perfectly fine in terms of recording; it's what I've been using. (Well that stitched together awfully with GarageBand in certain situations.) Also I think it would be pretty great for your friend to like only read Homestuck as he's acting it out. XD
    That would indeed be comedy gold. My only concern is he would repeatedly lapse into his favorite impersonation, that being Sean Connery. For anyone. I doubt Rose sounds like Sean Connery, for instance.

If audacity works, the only problems at this time are that I will need to find a working mic that is not garbage (eh, I was planning on buying a Blue Snowball anyway) and will need to recover from my current aforementioned health problems some before recording. I didn't think about it before volunteering, but I actually sound different for now, and would not be able to maintain my current voice. Which...isn't really what I imagine Karkat sounding like anyway, so I suppose even if I did record an audition right now it would be inaccurate regardless.

Jegus, this is getting a lot of responses xD So let's start respondin', I guess:

To Everyone: We all use Audacity, so obviously we think it's fine and you all should use it too!

To Blaperile: I think we are leaning more towards Shadonix for Gamzee, sorry bud

To Shadonix: Could you also record us a Sober Gamzee? That way we know if you can do chill voice AND a psychopath voice.

To Tsuki: I don't think a small lisp would matter, just record us a piece, we won't be mean!

To Rebel: We love your voice, but do you think you could try an American accent?

Phew...I was worried for a sec...

Is it okay if I record Rose: Answer Nepeta as an audition for both? I've been practicing that...

Stop asking if it's okay and just do it already xD We aren't professionals, just send us whatever makes you happy and we will review it, alright?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Oh, okay... Well, I'll be supporting this project! I doubt that I'll be able to audition for any other role.

sdfghjlk Skittles, shush. I have little self-confidence. XD I'm uploading it now to Tindeck. I'll edit this and link it back later.

EDIT: oh God this is so horrible why did I do this sdfhjk;

EDITEDIT: amg I'm nervous someone say something about this
    Last edited by tealwaterTsuki; 08-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Alright, I'll be on the lookout.

By the way, I just got done editing the audio for Ep2, just gotta make the actual vid now.

Hopy shit this looks awesome. I've never done something like this, but can I maybe try out a Vriska? I'll try to get a recording up as soon as I get home. I've got a set of headphones with a mic on them, but they're kinda old. Hope they work!
    PRETEND THIS NEVER EXISTED OH GOD OKAY BYE

The Narration Badger SuperBlueBadger's Avatar
    The Land of Badgers and Microphones. (Surrey, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by tealwaterTsuki View Post
    sdfghjlk Skittles, shush. I have little self-confidence.
    Don't mind Skittles, he's as nervous as you are.

But I, I am manly British man who deals real soviet damage and am all the confidence in this project.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlueBadger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealwaterTsuki View Post
    sdfghjlk Skittles, shush. I have little self-confidence.
    Don't mind Skittles, he's as nervous as you are.

But I, I am manly British man who deals real soviet damage and am all the confidence in this project.
    ...You sound completely fucking AMAZING. XD

Whoa. Dave's voice. That Dave voice is the BEST.
    I also love that John, that is the best John and just amg.

I'm reuploading it now, to get rid of the beginning nonsense.

EDIT: The real part 2!

This is epic. All the way across the sky. Also got mah Droog on yeeeeeaaaaaah

We hope you enjoy your stay. It's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day. We hope you enjoy your stay. Outside the sun is shining, it seems like heaven ain't far away. It's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day.

It's still cool.
    also I'm still waiting for a response to my voice acting? maybe I should e-mail it or whatever you said to do in the OP...

Here's my American Rose attempt, trying very hard not to bleed through as British. I tried that fabric trick you mentioned, hopefully its helped with the popping.
    It's from http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004628.
    Sorry about it being a .wav I'm new to Audacity.

Your chumhandle is rebelliousEnthusiast and you speak in a sssslightly drrrawn oooout mannerrr

It isn't THAT bad. I'm not sure you're right for Rose, as I think she deserves to sound a bit more mature, but I really like your Nepeta voice. I would maybe make that sound a little more childish/squeaky though, almost bordering on a babytalk voice.

EDIT @RA: The British-ness kinda shows through a little, mostly in placements of emphasis, but overall that's a pretty good rose. I'd like to see you try Kanaya, come to think of it.
    Last edited by Shadonix; 08-26-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadonix View Post
    It isn't THAT bad. I'm not sure you're right for Rose, as I think she deserves to sound a bit more mature, but I really like your Nepeta voice. I would maybe make that sound a little more childish/squeaky though, almost bordering on a babytalk voice.
    M-me? I-if you meant me, I-I could try. I think I could do a Nepeta voice, maybe, but a Rose will be a little more challenging. Oh well, I'm always up for a challenge!

I'd be happy to try Kanaya but that's pretty much the extent of my putting on an accent abilities right there, guess i'm just too British XD
    Your chumhandle is rebelliousEnthusiast and you speak in a sssslightly drrrawn oooout mannerrr

Hm. I was actually thinking of auditioning as Terezi or Rose...
    I don't like making signatures, I never know what to write.

@TS: Yes, I was referring to the audio clip you posted and somehow hated.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast