In this particular RP, there will be a total of 12 trolls, as well as 12 humans, much like a normal session of SBURB or SGRUB; however, there is a twist. BOTH universes will be playing their respective games simultaneously, each with their own separate Derse, Prospit, Skaia, etc. In time, we will discover how this is so, and why, but for now, this isn’t of the highest urgency. Another facet to these two universes is that they will be taking place in a Steampunk setting; for humans, it will be easy to find references online for various jobs and positions that took place in the Victorian Era(1837-1901), but with trolls, you will have to be much more creative. However, the Troll hemospectrum and views upon such will remain the same; with this in mind, I want to keep this open to new ideas, so try to find new ideas for it to work properly!
1. Please, remain polite! Or at the VERY least, civil. I don’t want any arguments or drama to interfere with the RP.
2. No godmodding, auto-hitting, etc.; this includes Mary Sues and Gary Stues, don’t put them in this RP (even IF they are meant to be a parody, I’d rather not have them here). If you have any questions about your character and think they may qualify as a Sue/Stu, PLEASE ask me. If you send in an application I find too Sue-ish, I’ll be sure to notify you, but I can’t accept it until I’m sure they’ll work in the setting of the RP.
3. PLEASE, PM me your profile (which should be written in common MSPA style), as well as using the HTML button, to make it a little easier(and quicker) for me to put it into the OOC. I’ll be sure to update the OOC as frequently as possible.
4. Remain ACTIVE! If for some reason you are going to be unable to access your computer, I understand, but I must be notified somehow beforehand! I understand that some things happen, but I have to keep the RP active. So, if you are gone for longer than 2 WEEKS without contact (meaning, no one’s had contact with you of any sort) and have had no indication of leaving beforehand, I will have to kick you from this rp; No malice, honestly, I just have to keep this RP moving.
5. Please, keep things PG13, for the most part! If you want to roleplay smut, do so privately and without informing others of it. That’s a personal thing, not for this forum/RP. Alright?
6. Please, use common sense and remain respectful of other members in all of your interactions, I certainly don't want any sort of drama to arise, and certainly no one needs that in their lives. Unlike many people, I really believe in this fandom. I've seen lots of roleplays, wonderful art and amazing music come from it, and I want to continue to see that in this RP.
7.For trolls, I'd like them to have a 6 letter FIRST NAME and a 6 letter LAST. For humans, I understand that there weren't many four letter names for that time period, but to keep consistency, you can give them a real name and use a 4-LETTER NICKNAME out of it. For last names, they should be between 6-7 letters long. Thanks everyone!
In addition to the changes in time frame and scene, as well as the universes, there are some changes to the fundamental game, too. Both the humans and trolls will be playing SDRICT instead of SBURB or SGRUB. The game will only have one team, and they will be connecting in the normal fashion. Rather than using Pesterchum or Trollian, but rather Botherchap and Knavian, respectively. Once everyone is in the Medium, there will be a few more important changes to the game, but we'll save those for the appropriate time.
The date is September 17th of 1863, and you live in what would later be considered the VICTORIAN PERIOD, but at the moment, none of this is relevant to you! You're only ABOUT 13 YEARS OLD, after all! You do have friends and acquaintances, however, who you contact through BOTHERCHAP, which is only the best chat client you know about! Actually, it's the ONLY chat client you know about, since it's the only one that exists, to your knowledge. Your 11 friends just so happen to live AROUND THE WORLD, or at least as around the world as it can get at this point. You will soon be involved in the game SDRICT, which you've never even heard about, and know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about at this point. Oh well, you're sure it'll prove to be quite fun, in any case! Whatever it is you'll be having fun with.
The year and date is totally irrelevant to you, but that doesn't change the fact that you are still in a STEAMPUNK SETTING, whatever the Hell that means. All you know is that you are a troll of about 6 SWEEPS OLD, and you often talk to your friends (and enemies) via the program KNAVIAN. You and this group of 11 FRIENDS, ENEMIES, AND ACQUAINTANCES will be playing SDRICT together, but at the time, you don't know this. You'll know soon enough though.
And remember, ALL HUMANS must be around 13 years of age (give or take a year), and ALL TROLLS must be about 6 Sweeps (give or take a sweep). This doesn’t include Guardians or Ancestors, though, of course! To reserve a character, simply PM me or comment in the OOC, and I'll reserve the spot as quickly as possible.
Of course you are, NOOKSTAIN, what else would you be?? The REAL question is, which are you?
>BE THE KING.
ONLY THE KING DECIDES WHEN HE WANTS TO BE THE KING. OCCASIONALLY THE KING DEEMS HIMSELF TO NOT BE IN A KINGSLY MOOD, AND THAT IS WHEN THE KING IS NOT A KING. IF ANYONE OTHER THAN THE KING WANTS THE KING TO BE THE KING, WELL THEY CAN RIGHT JUST SCREW OFF CAN THEY?
This OOC thread will be open to discussion upon character creation and setting and everything else involved, and I encourage it heavily! However, keep the rules in mind when posting, and try to use common sense and courtesy.
Last edited by awesomeIncarnate; 04-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.
>AwesomeIncarnate: Get to explaining how the RP's going to go!
You're doing that already, dumpass! In fact, you're pretty sure this is a pretty good example right now!
Alright, so this is how it's going to go down; we'll be using the regular Homestuck style of prompt, along with the second person style of writing. This will probably be more for humor, aside from some of the more action-related sequences, in which I will make an exception and allow a switch to third person if you prefer it. However, note that nothing is officially canon for this RP until it has been posted in the IC (of which I will post when I get an adequate amount of applications PM'd to me), including Botherchap and Knavian logs, as well as memos. Don't worry about this too much though, we'll be figuring out who posts what once we get the IC going.
The Botherchap/Knavian conversations will have more of the progress in storyline, since they contain more of the dialogue. For Botherchap and Knavian, we'll be using the Pesterchum/Trollian Client, available HERE! If you have any problems downloading it, confer with me and I'll see if I can help or direct you somewhere that you can easily fix the issue.
On that note, here's the link for the Botherchap skin! Just download and extract (as it is a .zip file), then place the folder into the "themes" folder of Pesterchum, and you will be able to use it as a Pesterchum theme. Full credit for the theme goes to hazardousFizzlejoker! Thanks!
How to get to the GearJammed IRC (Chatroom):
1. Head to Mibbit.com and click "chat now".
2. Go to where it says "Channel", go to the scroll-down menu and select "Esper".
3. Type either your MSPA Forum username or your character's Chaphandle into the "Nick:" section.
4. Type #gearjammed into the box where it says "Channel:", and click go.
5. Have fun, and remember the rules from the first post! (=
Steampunk English to Normal English Glossary:
Botherchap- The client used for human Instant Messaging; the Steampunk equivalent to Pesterchum.
Chaphandles- The equivalent to a Chumhandle, except that it's only for the Botherchap client, rather than the Pesterchum client.
Knavian- The Steampunk Troll's equivalent to Trollian; an Instant Messaging program for trolls.
Knavetag- The same as a Trolltag, except this is used for the Knavian client.
Steamputer- The name of the type of Steampunk Personal Computer (PC). Is used for the Insant Messaging programs of Knavian and Botherchap, as well as eventually being used to download SDRICT.
SDRICT- The equivalent to SGRUB or SBURB. The significance of SDIRCT has yet to be determined.
Yo yo yo Nexev let's keep this down to a one character reservation, you DIG dawg?
AKA which one do you want more? I don't care which, but only one, well, for now at least. If it comes down to being unable to get enough players, I'll let you create another character, but one is the limit for the moment. (I'll see about exiles though, too.)
ALRIGHT! In the interest of the almighty GENDER RATIOS, there are currently no more HUMAN MALE slots. There will be HUMAN FEMALE, and BOTH genders of trolls still available! I hope to see more reservations!
Well, HMMMMM. I know this is a lot to ask. But now there are too many human males. I reserved your spot, but you may have to make the character female..but I'd switch it to troll if you would rather have a troll than a female. But maybe if Nexev goes for a troll, you can have a human male slot. :P
EDIT: Ok, Nexev said he would go for the Female Troll spot instead, so you can go with either gender of male, if you want, but tell me as soon as you figure out.
Last edited by awesomeIncarnate; 09-03-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Alright, reserved! And for anyone who didn't catch it, I opened up two more human slots and two more troll slots, because there have been so many applications in only one weekend. I can't wait to see more applications, and I am definitely pleased with the current ones! (=
Edit: Guess who made a shipping chaaaart? It's in the OOC~ |3
Not to worry sir, their is a seperate site called typewithme that is rather fluid to use for collaborative works like pesterchum.
I am sure a fine gentleman like you will have no cause to worry when its smooth refreshing hand guides you and your partners muses to the control+c followed by a brief alteration to add the appropiate colors to the masterpiece and then you'd be in tip top shape to present your art to the discerning public.