MSPA Forums
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Squiddle Session Project

Gentelmen Pyralspite RedCapAvenger's Avatar

Re: THE squiddle project

Those planets are also large Gas Giants, 80-100 times the size of Earth or Alternia, with massive gravitational pull. Also, ring formation isn't completely understood but as I understand it, it is possible to have a ring system around a smaller planet. So why not, lets have ring system, but I would rather have a ring and a moon OR just multiple moons, lets not go too over board with this.
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds the boundaries of time and space.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

this sort of thing doesn't change things much in the long run. I will work on pics of various ring shapes and moon combos... but what of the people of the planet... is this the original planet? or is it the result of Two planets in the same universe simultaneously scratching their failed games?

Oh god - Squiddle ancestors.

Okay, so would the squiddle creation process involve picking first a colour-scheme, and then a symbol (from spoiler one) and an aspect (from spoiler two) plus a land-aspect that corresponds with your choice?

Then you are matched up with your opposite-case symbol, giving you one fully formed planet and pair of tangle-buddies.

By the way the italicized ones are the ones we came up with, so we can probably change them around at a whim, can't we?
    Last edited by RotationalBasis; 09-20-2011 at 06:38 AM.

That creation process sounds about right, yay.

I had a page full of squiddle concept-sketches but I lost it before I could scan/take a picture of it GRAH. Anyways, I LOVE the merged planet idea, and YEAH. Give it rings. Yellow and purple is a good pair.

I am seriously considering making a pair of winged cyclops squiddles, which sounds incredibly stupid now that I summarise it lie that.

It should be relatively easy to change squiddle emotions.

...My post looks short compared to everyone elses at this point...
    Sparkly Unicorn Princess Of The Noble And Most Ancient House Of Sparklepoo

"What kind of power is heart?" Tren's Avatar

Squiddle ancestors were horrorterrors.
    And they aren't ancestors, in my headcanon Squiddles are immortal, they were just memories of earlier times, before Squiddles evolved to be cutely horrifying.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...EAF4E7D21F.png

Does anyone recall my suggestion that the ectobiology in the Squiddles session spawns a Horrorterror rather than the Genesis Frog. That might actually be stupid work well if there are two Space Players, and one of them has say Crayfish and the other has maybe Cuttlefish. Even if that's not the case, plain Frog ectobiology spanning two planets would be pretty interesting.

I recall it, and yes, I support it. Does that mean the troll universe is a horrorterror? ... no, maybe they just plain failed, or had that as their goal.
    For some reason I like the idea that they were breeding the genesis frog, and did everything right except at one stage something that was not a frog was added in on accident. And they thought that they were doing it right because the people in the universe that created theirs were not very helpful (maybe there were language barriers?). (and they weren't paying much attention). Because they evolved from horrorterrors they would think that the things they were breeding looked appealing and think they were on the right track.
    Then again, why would they even decide on frogs and not [insert animal here]?

But then again that is stupid.
    Last edited by BlueRaffeKin; 09-20-2011 at 11:50 PM.

I hadn't even considered the creators of the Squiddle universe. Of course, why would they be in the session itself? I mean if the Trolls made it though the door they would make it to the Kids' universe, but as if they'd actually have ended up in their actual session - we don't even know they would have made it to Earth.

They wouldn't be in the session itself, no. And if they got to go into the squiddle universe... then that wouldn't work would it.

Well the horrorterrors are found in the game itself so I don't know if they would be the best choice for the ancestors. I mentioned before that we could create guardians for each of the 48 players, that will in the future become the horrorterrors with the squiddle players being the ones behind the curtains pulling the strings. Or, the horrorterrors are the squiddle players themselves after some terrible mutation occurred, possibly as a side effect of not entering the troll universe for some reason or another; since it seems that, like the trolls, the squiddles never made it to the universe they created. The one exception might be Gl'bgolyb since she is supposed to be the horrorterror ambassador or something.
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds the boundaries of time and space.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

perhaps they did make it into the Troll universe pre-scratch, but their placement in the universe was alter and hardened like the rest of the Troll universe, they were somehow reset with this new universe into something more war-like.... a race of dark gods of unknown powers...

Also about character creation, I don't necessarily recommend picking anything for them yet because we will then have to coordinate who is using which symbols and aspects which will probably mean using so sort of "calling" system; which I don't think is necessarily fair. What I would recommend is just making characters then posting them to the thread. Then, once we got plenty we can reduce the number to the final 48. At that point it we can appoint symbols, classes, aspects, etc. To me this way sounds faster and more streamlined.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm down with just making some squiddles and then just fitting them where they make sense... perhaps we should have some subtle differenece between Purple and Yellow sided Squiddle?... actually perhaps we should iron out the political aspects of the planetary schism and what each side represents and then branch characters off from those core values?

Yes, that is a good suggestion Gordon. I think I will sleep on the idea and come up with something later today.

My initial thoughts are two of the same type of government fighting on core principles. Example, two democracies not agreeing on freedom of speech, or right to bare arms, etc (hopefully a bit more complex then that though :P).

Quote Originally Posted by RedCapAvenger View Post
    or right to bare arms
    The Empire of Friendship requires long-sleeved shirts, but the Kingdom of Love says T-shirts are ok too.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

lol wearing clothes or not would be an interesting deviation... one says articles of clothing are A-OK, the other is like "only hats plz, and try not to wear those... jeez, you look ridiculous."

Or perhaps they are divided by eating habits... one side lives with the creatures of it's world, and makes friends with them... and would never harm them... the other side hunts and kills those animals for food... they think Friendship should be reserved for Squiddle-kind alone... and other species should know their place on the food ladder.

Those are just two ideas, feel free to keep throwing things into the pile.

My immediate preference is for none of the Squiddles to wear clothes (ooer, no but shush); among other things, Squiddle clothing just seems contrived and superfluous, especially because the Squiddles themselves come in different colours regardless.

As for politics, it could be as simple as left-wing vs. right-wing democracy (but expressed in a Squiddly fashion, of course).

Pronouns
    he/him/his

people don't NEED to wear clothes, they just do. We're advanced enough as a society to get around clothes.. yet we still wear them... squiddles might wear them for similar reasons... which makes the split about Clothing a bit interesting if you really think about it, because it also extends to the people making the game being divided about the clothes, one half does, and the other half doesn't... and the occasional few are closet scarf wearers... the scandal!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Lightbulb Re: THE squiddle project

I haven't finished reading this thread but I cant wait to say this:

It needs a lot of work especially the pregnancy so feel free to mess with it.

I think only certain Squiddles should have clothes.
    Remember the old Squiddle in the opening animation?
    He had glasses and a cane.

Lazy Authority level: High hero122's Avatar

I have a question.
    IS andrew seriously doing a 48 player squiddle session? This is also awesome >
    In this Spoiler is my dark collection of black magic, Opening it releases the forces of light and dar- ...You misclicked on it didn't you.

Hopefully?
    Yeah probably not.

Plumage Admirer Music Team Albatross Soup's Avatar

I've been following this thread for a while now and I think it's really cool that so many people are building up the squiddle session like this! So many cool ideas that I never thought of when considering squiddle society (and reproduction; I've always imagined baby squiddles eating their way out of their parents' bodies). I'd love to see this come to fruition in an adventure or squiddle information database.
    rosettimusic.com - all my music and things

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Ok I caught up. Albatross Soup, I'm the only one to come up with a squiddle reproduction method, here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Idea Master View Post
    Pleas mess with it to your hearts desire it needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by ideaMaster; 09-23-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Okay, I've been lurking for quite some time now, but I thought maybe I could put in my two cents. It looks like you guys are trying to figure out the squiddle session and squiddle politics?

First, try to keep things that were consistent between the kid's session and the troll session. For example, both sessions required frog breeding to create the new universe, so it would be safe to conclude that frog breeding is a constant in sburb/sgrub/sglub. So it would probably be silly to decide that you want them to breed horrorterrors instead, right? Also, we know that in sburb/sglub, the prize for winning the game is to enter the new universe. We know that horrorterrors are a constant in sglub, and a part of the game, so they can't be THE squiddles. But also know that squiddles=horrorterrors in some way.
    So how about this: So what if something went wrong (sort of like in the troll session) and only one or a small group of squiddles made it into the new universe(which would be the troll's universe)? Maybe some of them died? Maybe only one made it in?
    So what if Gl'bgolyb was a character from the squiddle session? Just an idea.

As for their government/society, you guys seem to like the concept of two factions with opposing views/philosophies or something.
    So uh, squiddles seem like a fairly happy sunshiney race, so their governing style might reflect that. What if the government enforced happiness? Sort of like an oppressive utopia. Literature with any conflict or unhappy endings aren't allowed. All paintings must be bright and bubbly. No talking about dark things. Maybe even to the point where squiddles who don't agree with the government's cheerful philosophy were 'removed' from society? And then there could be a faction that believed that happiness was freedom, or anarchy, since you guys want that.

Just seems like it fits the squiddle demeanor.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast