MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formspring Archives

Can never stay mad at Cal/cats Nokob's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Formspring Archives

So, finding Andrew's Formspring answers is a pain, since his Formsprings (andrewhussie and mspadventures) don't exist any more. So I copied and pasted all of it into one big file that you can search with whatever word processor/text editor/whatever you want. Very simple, and it makes it a lot easier to find the Word of Hussie on whatever subject you're looking for.

Here it is:
    Word 2007 (.docx)
    Rich Text Format (.rtf)
    Plain Text (.txt) (This one doesn't have the links to the questions)
    Web Page (.htm)

If you want it in a different format, I'd be happy to add it, so long as I'm able to.

NOTES:
    • First, I got the archive of Andrew's old Formspring from this forum post, which I found in the first place from this post. That doesn't have the last few days, so I also included stuff from here (which I found here) and here. So credit where it's due.
    • For each different source, I added the time of access (i.e., the approximate time of the most recent question from that source), since Formspring only tells you how long ago an answer was posted, not the actual dates. (Seriously, why does it do this? Arrrgh whatever.) I also added a reference link to the source.
    • I added dates to the most recent questions from the Formspring RSS feed. Unfortunately, it doesn't have dates for very many questions.
    • I removed some of the stuff on the bottom of each question (Share, Smile, people who I guess smiled?) to try to shorten it a little and because they don't seem very important. This is only for the new Formspring anyway, so you can just click the link and look at that stuff on the Formspring website. OK, the new Formspring is down so you can't do that anymore. I do still have the original page that I downloaded though, so I guess I might as well make that available if you want to know, for example, exactly how many people smiled at a specific question. Here you are. It seems kind of messed up, though, but it's at least still readable.
    • One question and answer are in Morse code. I added a translated version right above it.
    • I added bookmarks to each question, and changed the link for each question to go to the bookmark for that question instead of the non-existent formspring.
    • I added the title "MSPA Formspring Archives" and a link to this thread.
    • I added dates. Some were available here: http://webcomictweets.com/page/forms...whussie/page/1. For the rest, I figured it out as best I could.
      Dates (or ranges of dates, when I don't know the exact date) apply to all the questions below them until the next date/range of dates.
      Most of the ranges of dates are determined as follows: when Formspring says "x months ago", it means "between x-1 and x months ago". So I know the date of everything to within at least a month, and I could often narrow the range down a bit based on the actual questions/answers. I generally didn't narrow the ranges beyond what I was sure about, though, so a lot of them are probably larger than they need to be.
      Obviously, there's a decent chance I messed up or missed something, so please tell me if you find anything!
    • I removed some redundant copies of questions at the end.
    • kwinse has helpfully cleaned up the HTML source for this, so I've updated it to use the cleaned-up version.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinse
      I have two versions. The first's more or less just removing word's inline style cruft and the useless comments and such. The other's even more clean; I removed the (imo) unnecessary relative timestamps and formspring avatars, removed some deprecated attributes, and rewrote some deprecated (or at least frowned upon) tags.
      My original archive: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40585720/Ar...al_Archive.htm
      kwinse's cleaned-up archive, version 1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73817062/msp...ormspring.html
      kwinse's cleaned-up archive, version 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73817062/msp...rmspring2.html (This is the version that http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40585720/Com...ug-28-2011.htm is using.)

Change log:

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Formspring Archives

No one replied to this? Jerks. Thanks a bunch for this archive!
    Everyone Sburb killed deserved exactly what they got, and it was all for the best. Team Sburb unite!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

You're welcome!

Wow. Good job on this! Helps a lot since his old account is gone. Thanks!

Andrew Hussie's formspring does not exists anymore?
    Omg... You did a great job recopilating them.

Well done!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

He has two formsprings, one of which (andrewhussie) doesn't exist anymore. The other, mspadventures, still exists.

Thanks!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

This is so awesome, good job!

I just... read all that... in one sitting.

How does he do it? Why is everything related to Andrew Hussie so completely enthralling? How could he answer random trollish questions in such a manner that would cause me to read them all, aside from random distractions of life, without pause? This man is a genius.

Great job on putting this somewhere where rabid fans can get at it.

Thank you very much! This is a great resource; I was sad that he deleted his old account.

I was looking for an archive of the old questions about 2 months ago, specifically the one about the Game Bro Writer's title and land. I gave up in frustration. Now I stumble on to this. I just want to say one thing:

THANK YOU!

Looks like Hussie decided to disable his newer formspring as well, so this is doubly relevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by halfassured View Post
    Looks like Hussie decided to disable his newer formspring as well, so this is doubly relevant now.
    I know I already posted, but yeah. This. Nice timing, dude! *great work again!*

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm glad I decided to do this when I did. I guess I got lucky there :P

I just asked this... O_o

CoMe To ThE #mSpA iRc!
    main | reblog blog | Tricksters Blog!!!!! | Little Troll Stuck (MORE LINKS BELOW)

This is amazing and thank you forever.
    Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokob View Post
    I'm glad I decided to do this when I did. I guess I got lucky there :P
    Luckier than me by a mile. Good job; I'm in your debt.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Thanks everyone!

Also, if you didn't see the OP, I updated the web version!

So has the newer Formspring account been archived as well? I'd hate for all that wondrous snark and stuff (not to mention important Word of God!) to disappear...

In slightly related news, I wonder why he deleted this account too? I remember that he got rid of the old one because it was getting really out of hand and most of the time not at all related to MSPA as a whole, but the newest one seemed so much better when it came to that. Maybe he's just putting it on hold until Act 6 starts back up again? God knows he'd have gotten absolutely swamped with questions had he not deleted it like he did...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Yep, I've got both of them! He talks a bit about why he closed his Formspring on his new tumblr.

I noticed that literally a few hours after I posted that, and TBH, I don't blame him, and besides, Tumblrs are all the rage nowadays so at least he's keeping with the times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast