MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: TROLLSLUM/CHUMROLL GENCHAT 8: We're canon now

Re: TROLLSLUM/CHUMROLL GENCHAT 8: even *we* don't know what we're talking about any m

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, Fishman.

First of all, it would make a better Lusus because all Consorts are Bipedal (Which was revealed in a formspring answer that I think was on the old formspring). However, I was under the impression that Lusii are typically all white with grey outlines.
    Avatar made by the great Dexexe1234!
    Everything in the Spoiler!

Re: TROLLSLUM/CHUMROLL GENCHAT 8: even *we* don't know what we're talking about any m

you know, the >turn it into a lusus thing kind of comes with gray/white outlines, i'm pretty sure it was meant the actual animal design, not the color. but it's w/e. (also, i am totally jealous of how awesomely pixelled that is, veriama! good job!)

i also drew an art of SM's character, alunas. colored pencils are not my forte, if it wasn't too obvious!!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Ohh, hey that's nice Poot. I don't think I usually see you draw with non-digital stuff? Looks pretty snazzy, though it seems your scanner washed it out some?

Colors are nice (though I am personally not a fan of the "trolls have skin like their blood color look" so I'm kinda ehhh on that), and the way you do ears makes her head look like it has an "X" on it. Which is funny. Shading is good. Face doesn't look particularly feminine to me, though, for some reason. Could just be me, though.

I hope to see some more of your work in the traditional mediums.
    Read my, and PrussianMoose's, webcomic: The Adventures of the Great Captain Maggie!

Quotes from the ancient times:

i wasnt actually implying that the trolls have their bloodcolor on their skin; it was merely a stylistic thing, since the black/gray/white looks a little dull compared to the rest of the picture by itself. i'm also pretty okay with her face not looking completely feminine, just as long as she doesn't look literally like a dude, because that'd be kind of silly. but yeah, thanks. i'll take the other stuff into consideration.

So we’re studying tessellations in my design one class and I couldn’t really think of anything that my shape looked like and then I thought oh wait…

This triangle looks like horns and this swoopy thing could be legs. FANTROLLLLL

This is Saosyn Galaxi. My classmate helped me come up with all my stuff for him. He’s a seadweller who loves space! His Lusus is Walrusdad!

http://i55.tinypic.com/11h74ea.jpg
    http://i56.tinypic.com/1zwf683.jpg
    http://i51.tinypic.com/30k4u0w.jpg

When I finish the whole pattern I'll be sure to take another crappy picture and show it to you guys :3
    Visit my Tumblr!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I know the skin/color thing isn't meant to be literal, I just don't like that style. Doesn't make your technique any worse for it, but it just means I like drawings using that style less.

That's a pretty cool design, Z.
    Read my, and PrussianMoose's, webcomic: The Adventures of the Great Captain Maggie!

Quotes from the ancient times:

Land of Trees and Rain (Northwest Washington)
    Pronouns
    [any]

You wanna know what I do for a few hours before I go to bed?
    Sprite derpy trolls I made with my cousin when I was stuck in Idaho. He named them all.
    'Flower Sunshi'
    'Jupyco Cebnos'
    'Pishie Tippie'
    'Tomyno Smelly'
    'Totote Oytpne'
    'Zombie Shiznt'

Oh yeah and I've been trolling some slums for a year now.
    Tumblr|DA
    FanCharacters

SLA i love them so much. I LOVE THEM.
    especially the redblood hairmonster, you know i love hairmonsters.

Has too many lowbloods leonicReaper's Avatar
    Land of Traffic Cones Traffic Cones and Traffic Cones

Here's an AB I made for the new chica. Yay!

herp derp

LR: I love all the detail

Quote Originally Posted by someone fishy
    i'd see that as a lusus before i'd see it as a consort
    trueee! even though a puppy lusus would be awful on alternia, i'd think. something too much of an adorable sitting duck?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonLights View Post
    herp derp
    DKLFNKDKLFLFKDFLLSDKJF;KASDF
    <JUST KINDA CASUALLY HAS A LOVE MELTDOWN ALL OVER THE THREAD>

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Somebody should really clean up that love meltdown before people fall in it.

Quote Originally Posted by leonicReaper View Post

Here's an AB I made for the new chica. Yay!
    I'm jealous of your AB sprite skills. I haven't even attempted to touch an AB sprite for any of my trolls because I'm sure I'll mess it up.
    http://i.imgur.com/KFrW6.gif http://i.imgur.com/vv54c.gif http://i.imgur.com/55ohz.gif http://i.imgur.com/wc0Gx.gif

And self-deprecation doesn't make artistic skills get any better.

If you keep thinking like that, of course it will turn out awry! Artistic skills of any kind only get better with practice - and keep in mind, even the best spriters among us had to start somewhere! Get a base sprite and practice with it, see other people's sprites for reference, etc, you get the deal.

Really, giving out this kind of advice shouldn't be as common in this thread as it ends up being.
    tumblr

trolls

Resident Glubmeister privateTenderloin's Avatar

Sneak peek of another fanrace thing.

Because the ideas just won't stop.
    I have a tumblr.

Scandinavia! Aarhus, Denmark to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by privateTenderloin View Post

Let's hope they don't, because i certainly like this.
    Everything of importance is in the spoiler below.
    Currently on pesterchum as tiresomeKleptomaniac - Throw Khia Nemensi a pester! c:

Quote Originally Posted by Chasewithlasers View Post
    And self-deprecation doesn't make artistic skills get any better.

If you keep thinking like that, of course it will turn out awry! Artistic skills of any kind only get better with practice - and keep in mind, even the best spriters among us had to start somewhere! Get a base sprite and practice with it, see other people's sprites for reference, etc, you get the deal.

Really, giving out this kind of advice shouldn't be as common in this thread as it ends up being.
    Heh. My response was... kind of not meant to be taken seriously. I wasn't looking to get art advice. I've been drawing for years, I know that better art comes through practice. This isn't a new idea to me.
    http://i.imgur.com/KFrW6.gif http://i.imgur.com/vv54c.gif http://i.imgur.com/55ohz.gif http://i.imgur.com/wc0Gx.gif

We've had some problems before of people saying "my art is terrible and yours is great" because it makes some artists feel a bit awkward and guilty that people are putting themselves down over it, that's why chase brought it up.

Ain't no air fighta! Flamerider64's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by privateTenderloin View Post
    >image<
    Interesting...
    Very interesting indeed...

Speaking of. I was having some ideas for RPs that would include fanraces, nothing particularly shining though.

I would be into that Flamerider, if anyone were to start it.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Me too. In fact, I've been rolling ideas in my head for another fanrace, like, possible a single gender 'female' race. Kind of.
    Look at this conveniently centered signature. Click it.

Ain't no air fighta! Flamerider64's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hmm. Okay.
    I'll run a couple of concepts by you, see if I can take one a roll with it on public opinion.

Idea One: Mysterious mechanical space pods have crashed onto the surface of many, unrelated, and distant, planets. One or two perhaps on one planet at a time. The technology lined in these pods connects all who activate it to a data projected world, where they may eventually meet and bicker over their differences and attitudes. However, the world itself is not without its troubles, which the races must see to overcoming together.

Idea Two: Far off from anywhere, a distant land lays. Various members of intergalactic races were chosen and snatched, from a reasonably young age, and taken here without much knowledge of how, or indeed why until they got there. This mysterious land works to teach its chosen ones Arts of a mystical origin, and entrusts their skill as fighters. The story joins our characters at about an upper bound teenage age, young adult perhaps, who set themselves upon using the ways they were taught to travel back through the other worlds, including their own homelands, and deal with any situations they may willingly step into.

A tad careless in their set ups but it's a starting point.

Lean, mean Bean queen musecalCaprica's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Fanraces.....I...like....fanraces....

...I'd join...just saying.
    I'm just gonna wait to redo this entirely.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

... I reeeally like fanraces.

Also, hi everyone. -waves hello-
    I don't know why this thread intimidates me so much.

Land of Trees and Rain (Northwest Washington)
    Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Kattily View Post
    ... I reeeally like fanraces.

Also, hi everyone. -waves hello-
    I don't know why this thread intimidates me so much.
    Hi person and welcome c:

I have a fan race, I seriously need to do more stuff with them, like develop them more...
    Let me dig up the picture...

weh old art
    Tumblr|DA
    FanCharacters

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast