MSPA Forums
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: The word that means nothing

  1. #1
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    The word that means nothing



    A young Zyxynian stands in his somnatory room. Fifteen years ago he was given life, but due to Zyxynian custom he has only been given an identification code to go by. However, now is the day that he is finally given a name!

    What will his name be?



    ...Actually, it seems he doesn't really cotton to the idea of a bunch of forumgoing chuckleheads with an odd sense of humor naming him. He's decided to name himself ZIVEN NEVIZ.



    >Adventure: Begin

    Your name is ZIVEN NEVIZ. You are an UNFLAPPABLY STOIC SLACKER, except when your INTERESTS are concerned. These include COMPUTER PROGRAMMING, THINGS OF A MECHANICAL PERSUASION, and CONTRABAND DUBSTEP MUSIC.

    You are currently in your SOMNATORY ROOM, waiting for a friend you don't like to message you about something you probably don't give a shit about (neither of those things being very difficult to achieve when you are concerned).

    In the meantime, what will you do?
    Last edited by Aniventerie; 11-10-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Images not displaying

  2. #2
    Knight of Magic Red Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Within my own mind.
    Posts
    100

    Re: The word that means nothing

    >Listen to your contraband dubstep music while you wait.
    Sleuthstuck

    Until I can get some fancy art for it.

  3. #3
    EnigmaticD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Land of Rain and Old People
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: The word that means nothing

    >Look at examples of your coding expertise, or lack thereof.

  4. #4
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Seraphim View Post
    >Listen to your contraband dubstep music while you wait.


    With but a thought, the chip in your brain that was implanted at birth kicks into action. The output is throughputted directly to your perception, so you never have to worry about your parents hearing your illicit tunes.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticD
    >Look at examples of your coding expertise, or lack thereof.


    You are quite skilled with programming, thank you very much.

    You open up one of your PROGRAMS, a simple FORK BOMB (which, when programmed in =XYV, is actually pretty difficult). Unlike other hackers, you don't really care enough about societal problems to launch an attack, but this might come in handy some day.

    You'd open more, but REVIEWING OLD CODE got boring five seconds ago.
    Last edited by Aniventerie; 11-10-2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Images not displaying.

  5. #5
    Knight of Magic Red Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Within my own mind.
    Posts
    100

    Re: The word that means nothing

    >Notice your friend has messaged you.
    Sleuthstuck

    Until I can get some fancy art for it.

  6. #6
    Alchemiscreant Prince of Space cryptidWrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Land of Meat and Madness
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: The word that means nothing

    >Bother other friends.

  7. #7
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing



    Quote Originally Posted by cryptidWrangler
    >Bother other friends.


    You would if you could, but you don't really have much in way of friends. The ZYXYNIANS believes things like friendship lead to highly inefficient behaviors such as NEPOTISM, LOVE, and EMPATHY. You simply don't see many bonding social relationships on Zyxyn.

    In fact, it's only recently you gained a solid grasp on the concept of friendship. Your NAMELESS INTERNET FRIEND WHOM YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE was the one who really introduced you to the finer points of it, just a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Aniventerie; 11-10-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Images not displaying.

  8. #8

    Re: The word that means nothing

    > Aniventerie: fix images.

  9. #9
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Er, I'm sorry? What do you mean?

  10. #10

    Re: The word that means nothing

    They're broken for me. Won't display.

    I think it's because you're using a secure site, so it will only display for you. I can see them just fine if I follow the link, but they can't be image tagged for some reason?
    Last edited by ~ATH; 11-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.

  11. #11
    You lost the game. BoisseauMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    765

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ATH View Post
    They're broken for me. Won't display.
    Same.
    boisseaumr
    | adventures | let's go home | things |

  12. #12
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Hold on. Lemme see what I can do.

    Did that fix it? I'm using google sites to host the images, and I think I had the viewing permissions set to private.

    EDIT: Wait, you said you could visit the site. Shit. I'll figure something out.

  13. #13

    Re: The word that means nothing

    https://sites.google.com/site/landof...%20friends.png

    There we go. Wrap that in IMG text and it should work.

    You were using the attachment URL and not the image URL.

    EDIT: In other words, take the URL for all your images, and remove the garbage text after the .png
    Last edited by ~ATH; 11-10-2011 at 01:05 AM.

  14. #14
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Yeesh. All right, the images should be fine now.

  15. #15
    IT KEEPS HAPPENING littlebeasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    FALLING DOWN ALL THESE AVATAR MEMES
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: The word that means nothing

    > Ponder what "Aniventerie" means.
    The Floating Country, my WHATAMIDOINGventure!
    The Human Inequality, AKA the adventure I'm actually working on right now. where 'right now' means 'more recently than the other'
    Also, you should look at It's Anyone's Game, and possibly update it! Cause it's awesome like that.
    Also formspring because why not.

  16. #16
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing



    Quote Originally Posted by littlebeasti
    > Ponder what "Aniventerie" means.
    You ponder but still have no idea. It's on some random poster you picked up a year or two back in the underground market, which you only traded for because you needed to cover up a burn mark on your wall (that is the last time you try to overclock a 12 Petaflop processor). If you had to guess, you'd say it's just nonsense.

    In other words, a Word That Means Nothing.
    Last edited by Aniventerie; 11-10-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Screwed up the spoiler tag.

  17. #17
    IT KEEPS HAPPENING littlebeasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    FALLING DOWN ALL THESE AVATAR MEMES
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: The word that means nothing

    > Check out that robot or whatever.
    The Floating Country, my WHATAMIDOINGventure!
    The Human Inequality, AKA the adventure I'm actually working on right now. where 'right now' means 'more recently than the other'
    Also, you should look at It's Anyone's Game, and possibly update it! Cause it's awesome like that.
    Also formspring because why not.

  18. #18
    COUNT of THOUGHT Aniventerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of LOBSTERS and LUMBERJACKS (Maine)
    Posts
    27

    Re: The word that means nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by littlebeasti View Post
    > Check out that robot or whatever.
    It's nothing special; a general purpose anthromimetic android powered by an 8.5 Petaflop NYZAC CPU. In other words, something you've been throwing together in your spare time using scrounged junk. It doesn't even have a two petas of RAM! Though you suppose that's all right; it's still a work in progress.



    And would you look at that; your friend finally messaged you.

    *** Anonymous [???] came into contact with UnenterprisingArtificer [UA] ***

    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: hi ua!!!!!!![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: Hello. Though I must tell you that my name is Ziven now.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: oh okay ziven then[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: (Ahem...)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: huh?????[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: The "very importent thing [...]!!!!!!" (sic) that you wanted to tell me about. What is it.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: (because I'm so very invested in what you have to say, naturally)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: thanks!!!!!][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: oh and i wanted to tell you sumthing my spirit gide told me yesturday[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: i didnt beleave her at first but then she showed me!!![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: I am simply flabbergasted with curiosity.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 255)"]UA: (I see you're still under the delusion that a supernatural being follows you around, by the way)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: wayt are you doing that thing wher you dont mean what you say????[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: oh it doesnt mater just listen!!![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 0)"]???: we are not from the same wurlds!!!![/COLOR]
    Last edited by Aniventerie; 11-10-2011 at 08:55 PM.

  19. #19
    IT KEEPS HAPPENING littlebeasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    FALLING DOWN ALL THESE AVATAR MEMES
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: The word that means nothing

    > Totally believe... her? Totally. There is no one who believes harder than you.
    The Floating Country, my WHATAMIDOINGventure!
    The Human Inequality, AKA the adventure I'm actually working on right now. where 'right now' means 'more recently than the other'
    Also, you should look at It's Anyone's Game, and possibly update it! Cause it's awesome like that.
    Also formspring because why not.

  20. #20
    Redux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uncrashed Diamond
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: The word that means nothing

    >Sarcastically believe what she's saying is true

    Also, I did not notice you started this adventure. I should pay more attention to all the topics everywhere.
    You can find me elsewhere here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •