24 11.37%
  • Fuck. Yeah. Fat Feferi.

16 7.58%
  • Oh yeah. Fat Feferi.

25 11.85%
  • She's not fat.

146 69.19%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Feferi Thread-only one because we used the rest of it on her enormous clothes

Re: The Feferi Thread-only one because we used the rest of it on her enormous clothes

Quote Originally Posted by colwag View Post
    To be honest, I consider "Pre-scratch whatever" to be a pretty much entirely new character.

Because the resemblences to the existing trolls are intentional. They are supposed to be compared to them even if that is pre-scratch Mindfang or Buttmonk Sudapants Glassesface.
    I would agree to that. Circumstances makes the kid/guardian different between universes.

CoMe To ThE #mSpA iRc!
    main | reblog blog | Tricksters Blog!!!!! | Little Troll Stuck (MORE LINKS BELOW)

Re: The Feferi Thread-only one because we used the rest of it on her enormous clothes

Also, Homestuck is full of möbius reacharounds.

Adding the pre-scratch trolls as characters makes perfect sense.

You think you're hot shit? colwag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    Also, Homestuck is full of möbius reacharounds.

Adding the pre-scratch trolls as characters makes perfect sense.
    It would.

They're just not adequate replacements for the trolls they are copying.

It would.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrator
    COUNT SOM-E WOOLB-EASTS BITC)(
    I respectfully disagree.

Techically, these kids came first. If they REALLY are A1 Kids...which still isn't confirmed yet. Although, I really don't think any kid or troll is completely down for the count. I really am keeping hope that nothing is over until the End of Act 7.

CoMe To ThE #mSpA iRc!
    main | reblog blog | Tricksters Blog!!!!! | Little Troll Stuck (MORE LINKS BELOW)

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    I respectfully disagree.
    Who says she's replacing Feferi? :V

...and Feferi doing that is more interesting then Condy doing that. I argue.

Who says she's replacing Feferi? :V

...and Feferi doing that is more interesting then Condy doing that. I argue.
    Aren't you the one that's always bitching about how dead!Vriska acted differently than Vriska, because it seemed to completely abandoned her already-established character?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Aren't you the one that's always bitching about how dead!Vriska acted differently than Vriska, because it seemed to completely abandoned her already-established character?
    The difference between the two is that Vriska was acting out of character after being dead for all of ten seconds, and this Feferi would be acting out of character after being dead for 3 years.

If this new Scorpio is Vriska, and she has a significantly different personality, I'll buy that! I might even like that! That is an understandable circumstance for personalities to change.

So a character becoming a completely different person three years later for reasons unknown is interesting, but a character that literally is a completely different person isn't?

So a character becoming a completely different person three years later for reasons unknown is interesting, but a character that literally is a completely different person isn't?
    Yes, because the becoming a completely different person troll still has everything we know about the old troll for us to attach and compare it to, as well as the same experiences and character relationships that are still interesting.

Compare how Pre-scratch Mindfang would interact with Terezi compared to how older-gentler-Vriska would.

Super High-School Level Poster Sporkaganza's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Yes, because the becoming a completely different person troll still has everything we know about the old troll for us to attach and compare it to, as well as the same experiences and character relationships that are still interesting.

Compare how Pre-scratch Mindfang would interact with Terezi compared to how older-gentler-Vriska would.
    That's not interesting. That's fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana Baritone View Post
    Homestuck is just Dragon Ball written by Douglas Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporkaganza View Post
    That's not interesting. That's fucking stupid.
    Care to elaborate?

I mean, I'm not saying a TOTAL 180 NEVER KNEW THE OLD VERSIONS sort of development. They'd still need to be recognizable and still have enough of their old personalities in order to make a connection. I don't think it's impossible to do that.

But otherwise, why is it stupid?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Care to elaborate?

I mean, I'm not saying a TOTAL 180 NEVER KNEW THE OLD VERSIONS sort of development. They'd still need to be recognizable and still have enough of their old personalities in order to make a connection. I don't think it's impossible to do that.

But otherwise, why is it stupid?
    We haven't seen much of the mysterious Scorpio troll or the mysterious Pisces troll, but from what little there is I already feel like they're far too different from the versions we know for it to be anything but character derailment if they were the same trolls that we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporkaganza View Post
    We haven't seen much of the mysterious Scorpio troll or the mysterious Pisces troll, but from what little there is I already feel like they're far too different from the versions we know for it to be anything but character derailment if they were the same trolls that we know.
    I don't TOTALLY agree just yet, although that is a possibility.

We've only seen the Scorpio wave, so we don't know enough about her to say she's totally different then Vriska.

However, yeah Pisces is choking a bitch out that does not look too friendly. It's more of a stretch to make Feferi work for her. I mean, it IS sorta a big jump to think that Feferi's subliminal mean streak could lead to THIS.

BUT... well, we don't know enough about Pisces yet to make the call there. It doesn't seem likely, but it's not impossible

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I don't TOTALLY agree just yet, although that is a possibility.

We've only seen the Scorpio wave, so we don't know enough about her to say she's totally different then Vriska.

However, yeah Pisces is choking a bitch out that does not look too friendly. It's more of a stretch to make Feferi work for her. I mean, it IS sorta a big jump to think that Feferi's subliminal mean streak could lead to THIS.

BUT... well, we don't know enough about Pisces yet to make the call there. It doesn't seem likely, but it's not impossible
    It's not impossible, but I kind of hate the idea, which is why I don't want it to happen. I don't understand why it's so fucking terrible to have new characters introduced. I mean, the new kids have only been around for a few months and already they feel totally fleshed out and real to me, so I don't see why it would be so difficult to do the same with the trolls. I mean, you can say "But there's 12 of them!", but even with the original 12 trolls only like four or five of them were actually three-dimensional.

But I find "Feferi grows up, becomes a punk" more interesting then "Oh and young Condy was also a bitch btw"
    I agree

I think it would be less growing up than the eldritch shit fucking her up

I mean, imagine you grow up completely in love with the horrorterrors because your mom is one

and then being disillusioned when (this is hypothetical) they turn out to be evil awful things that want to fondle you always

of course this being a young condesce makes sense, because it goes along with the theory that fef was corrupted by the horrorterrors to be nice and not like what she was genetically meant to be

although although the "this is fef" idea works even with the corruption theory

Edit: I cancled this post why the fuck did it post omg so embarassing
    Last edited by Tybby; 02-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

There once was a troll named Feferi,
    Who weighted as much a a ferry.
    And though some didn't mind,
    She was nice and quite kind,
    They all knew that she was also hairy.

And with that lovely image, I leave you to study.
    My Fanfic: Last Journey of the Knight of Sands, a tale of memory and loss.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

The funny part is, I bet nobody guessed that of all people. Lil Condy would be the one to show up and greet Roxy in the void.

To be fair, becoming disillusioned when the horrorterrors, a circle of beings that includes -your mother-, and who you loved all your life, turn out to be awful evil things bent on destruction (hypothetically, they could be good for all I know), isn't really one of those things you could describe as "reasons unknown"

infact I think it would be great for feferi if that was the case. As much as I loved the character, nothing really happened in her arc and she never really developed. I'd like to see her experience a genuine conflict and then grow as a person because of it

even if she's already dead

even in death

Surprisingly, still not dead kaoticAntagonist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldi View Post
    The funny part is, I bet nobody guessed that of all people. Lil Condy would be the one to show up and greet Roxy in the void.
    this is true.

Punky Sea Troll can be seen as an opposite to Feferi.

Feferi defied the Alternian norm by dressing lavishly (though this can be seen as a sea dwelling norm, especially considering her status) and being all-around-nice.

Punky can be defined as Feferi's opposite, dressing rather minimalistically in comparison. She wears the Alternian norm of Black tee with gray pants, and only accessorizes lightly in comparison to Feferi (Has only two bangles and pierced eyebrow instead of bangles, tiara, gold necklace, and more necklaces). And, her first interaction with Roxy hasn't been very nice, although her joking around or being actually homocidal has yet to be seen.
    ugh.

Priest of Hope and Life CranialHeartache's Avatar

It would.

But they're different trolls altogether, theory states. Because they are a different circumstance version of the ancestors from Karkat's scratch universe.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/33ct1qb. pnghttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/402...gbadgetiny.gif
    Various things:

Quote Originally Posted by CranialHeartache View Post
    But they're different trolls altogether, theory states. Because they are a different circumstance version of the ancestors from Karkat's scratch universe.
    You're going to compare them to them. They're obviously supposed to resemble Vriska and Feferi. They're "replacing" them in that extent, also in making the real Vriska and Feferi's presence redundant to an extent.

Well I hope I'm wrong about that I want to see Vriska meet Nerdfang if it's not Nerdska but I'm not sure how excited I should be for that.

Priest of Hope and Life CranialHeartache's Avatar

You're going to compare them to them. They're obviously supposed to resemble Vriska and Feferi. They're "replacing" them in that extent, also in making the real Vriska and Feferi's presence redundant to an extent.

Well I hope I'm wrong about that I want to see Vriska meet Nerdfang if it's not Nerdska but I'm not sure how excited I should be for that.
    What makes it interesting is the fact that these trolls must've been remaining when the scratch happened on their end. Therefore they must've been around the green sun at the time and following the meteor that rocketed from the green sun, the pre-scratch trolls were following it and Bec Noir and PM or something.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/33ct1qb. pnghttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/402...gbadgetiny.gif
    Various things:

It's plausible!

After vriska died she seemed to become more cerebral, calmer

Like when you chop a puppies balls and it calms down and stops peeing on everything

Then 3 years after this neutering, she's developed to be the nice gal we see in jake's dream

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast