MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homestuck characters and MBTI

Re: Homestuck characters and MBTI

I seem to switch between INTP and ENTP depending on the situation and I really like it that way. I think the chart is close enough, a lot of the characters have a grey area in some categories.

INTP Wiggler

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalanthology View Post
    Eridan's totally not an INTP. His complete ignorance and desperation for a filled quadrant, along with his plans of genocide which even Feferi calls ridiculous put him out of both T and P. In fact, the whole fact that he's difficult and even needs a morail to keep him under control sort of says something. I suppose he could switch with Aradia, the so-called INFJ.
    Old thread I know, but I can kinda see Eridan as an INTP -- if Homestuck finds him in a moment of prolonged crisis, relying mostly on "Compensatory Extraverted Feeling." (In short, under heavy stress, inferior function takes over and smashes things up.)

Could be wrong, but here's a quote from "I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You" on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You
    In a mode of positive expression, Extraverted Feeling seeks friendship and mutual appreciation. Usually sensitive to rejection and hostility, Extraverted Feeling becomes excited by cooperation and mutuality. In a compensatory mode, Extraverted Feeling is driven so hard by the feeling of being disliked that it overwhelms all in the wave of its expression. This negative emotion has a needy quality that is so strong that individuals who see it coming get out of the way.

This moving away by others inadvertently verifies the sense of being unappreciated. The emotions are well out of control for those who prefer Introverted Thinking. This causes anxiety and perhaps even some bitterness in the power of these emotions. By its own nature, compensatory Extraverted Feeling may establish superficial relationships to dispel energy from the inferior function. ...
    This just screams Eridan, doesn't it? Reading that, having a bit of "Compensatory Extraverted Feeling" in my own history, and seeing Eridan typed as an INTP, stuff seemed to click. Does this make sense to y'all?

I have the luxury of being exactly on the boundaries between S and N and J and P in addition to solidly being I and T, making me at the quadrapoint between Rose, Eridan, Equius, and Sollux. This is pretty awesome.

Looking at the quote earlier on the page again, I think it better describes Dirk than Eridan. (which seems to confirm Dirk as INTP.)

I think Eridan is 100% judging to the extreme. Just look at his obsession with killing all the angels. All of them. Any perceiving type would have given up long before the game ended. My theory is that when under stress, Eridan acts under introverted feeling, which governs emotions within a person. But at the same time, he also shows contempt for feeling(s).

CA: i cant BELIEVE i just opened up to you like a chump when i knew what was comin
    CA: i am one sad fuckin brinesucker
    CA: overemotional sappy trash youre right im not better than anybody
    CA: im worse than anybody
    (I can't do the other two letters because Eridan is too fuckin' weird. But I think his strong interest in alternian history shows that he is probably an S.)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Is Auto a different typology than Dirk? Auto tried to get Dirk into a relationship with Jake because he knows Dirk wants that, but Dirk is like "you didn't consider how I would feel as one who considers himself a separate entity. u failed completely and i doubt you even tried."

I think it's because the AR is more immature, having been based off of 13-year-old Dirk.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

He is also a supercomputer.

Maybe being computerized made him lose empathy somehow? Yeah, you'd think he'd be able to predict how Dirk would react, but it's a common trope that being a genius means you can't understand people/emotions.

I guess in MBTI terms, it means that his T traits are more exaggerated (while Dirk is still INTP or whatever, but more balanced about it).

Eridan is definitetly J as hell. He's just so stubbornly set on his goals and so thorough with just about everything he does that it's the only letter I'm certain of.

He has 'feeling' moments, but he's not comfortable with it. To use another specific example, when he says an oddly-phrased thing like "there are serious emotions happening over here," I think what he's doing is using introverted feeling but expressing it in an objective-sounding way typical of thinking types.

Eridan is also disconnected from sensory experiences. He's either focused on things like what he had in the past, remembered tales of conquerors, or hope for what he can get in the future, but is often oblivious to what's happening now. (Ignores what people are saying, doesn't seem to be aware that his outfit looks ridiculous, etc.)

(also btw I love discussions like this. Way more fun than just listing things haha.)

I was thinking that Eridan was an unusually-emotional ESTJ or ISTJ (stereotypical for a history nerd) 'inverting' under stress but it's hard to type him because he also has this weirder impractical side to his personality that makes you think N and maybe I'm completely wrong. So I don't know haha.

edit: none of my posts probably make sense because I suck at explaining things but I'm too lazy to expand on them more...
    Last edited by maidenRoar; 01-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Seer of Heart

I can't see Eridan being an ISTJ... at all. I just read up on ISTJ's and I can't see a connection there (stereotypes don't reaaaaaaally play a huge factor on MBTI) but I could see him as an ESTJ. It actually works well! I think we should just paint him as an ESTJA (I'm putting the A in there to show that he's an Ampora, and thus totally crazy and emotional).

Another subject that's been tossed around a lot is of course: Vriska.
    I reread what I wrote earlier and I disagree with it, I think she's an extrovert. An ENTJ to be exact, the online description fits her *PERFECTLY*

By the way. I changed my opinion about Jade, I think she's an INFP, their title is the "dreamers" after all
    Last edited by Jaeri; 01-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.

I can see him being a very unhealthy INFP or INFJ too. Sort of. Except for all the times when he seems to have a "loud" (pushy/overbearing/etc) personality. But then again, there are times when the louder personality types don't quite seem to fit him. Hmmm.

Okay let's talk about someone else now. Like, I can't tell if Nepeta and Feferi are N or S. Is there a consensus on that?

Quote Originally Posted by maidenRoar View Post
    I can see him being a very unhealthy INFP or INFJ too. Sort of. Except for all the times when he seems to have a "loud" (pushy/overbearing/etc) personality. But then again, there are times when the louder personality types don't quite seem to fit him. Hmmm.

Okay let's talk about someone else now. Like, I can't tell if Nepeta and Feferi are N or S. Is there a consensus on that?
    I'm pretty sure Nepeta is an N. People always reference her shipping as an S thing, but I think it's less based on actual observations and more based on her gut. (If it were based on observations, then where the hell did DaveTavros come from?) Anyway, she seems more focused on future possibilities than present circumstances, which is an N thing. I'd label her as an INFJ, personally.
    Herding Cats - An epic (in the literary sense) Hivebent canon divergence ship-all-the-trolls-all-of-them adventure starring the real most important character in Homestuck, Nepeta Leijon. - Chapter 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Land of Lawn Gnomes and Strip Malls (my Tumblr)

Seer of Heart

Nepeta`s shipping seems to come from Ne rather than Ni, and she seems to have a hell of a lot more Fi than Fe. She`s an introvert, so all that together makes her an INFP, which seems right to me.

As for Feferi. N I can't see her as an S under any circumstance. Especially not an SJ. The way she strayed away from her upbringing and her liberal way of being, straying away from her tyrian blood and the condesce is hardcore N. I'd say she's probably ENFJ/ENFP. Probably more of an ENFP, though. She's such a cutie!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I am ISTP as well as the Class/Aspect: Mage of Doom according to Land of Celebration and Bells, how f*cking odd.
    Give me an inch, i take a centimeter. Give me a knife, i'll hand it back. Give me ten seconds, I be more confused than anyone in the room.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Myers-Briggs is astrology for Human Resources managers.
    I am sometimes this guy:

Seer of Heart

http://25.media.tumblr.com/73056dc13...o2_r1_1280.jpg

Hey I made this thing right here. It was done a while ago, so some of my opinions have changed. For instance: I now believe that Meenah is an ESFP. Opinions/critique?

Wiggler
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeri View Post

Hey I made this thing right here. It was done a while ago, so some of my opinions have changed. For instance: I now believe that Meenah is an ESFP. Opinions/critique?
    This is pretty good, actually! The only thing that I'm really curious about, though I don't necessarily think it's wrong, is why is Dirk typed as ENTP? Well, I've gone through his pesterlogs and I can see why just based off his speech, but why ENTP over, for example, INTP? I think it's also interesting that Dave is typed as an extrovert and some people have typed Hussie as ENTP. I'm also interested in the reasoning behind typing Karkat as ESFJ because he's generally a source of discourse when it comes to typing. Finally, and I'm so sorry, but I'm also interested as to why Kanaya is typed as ISFJ, as I've generally known her to be typed as INFJ.
    Last edited by lokh; 07-03-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeri View Post

Caliborn as an ESTJ? Hahahaha that's great love it. Another good one is ISFJ Janey. I actually think the original T for Meenah to be more accurate though. I also think that she's more of an introvert. She's kind of awkward and aloof (<--- eh not too sure if that's the best word to use, oh well.) and overall she has the laid back qualities of ISTP as a whole and while I wouldn't say she's intuitive, she does seem to have at least the tertiary Ni like an ISTP.

Cronus an ESTJ hmmm I would have to think about this one. Pairing it with enneagram (um not too sure how keen everyone is on enneagram, but I usually always pair MBTI and enneagram together) I would say he's a 4 what with always talking about how special and unique he is, and being all artsy with the music.

Clubs Deuce an ESFJ? Hehehe yes~.

Karkat an ESFJ? Ehhh I can see how someone would come up with that conclusion, but ESFJs just have so little N in them, and I find Karkat to be pretty intuitive at times, an example being when he talked to Vriska about how her and Tavros were "broken" and that Vriska's hate was dull and "pretend." I thought he had gotten them pretty pegged imo. Oh, and then his chat with Jade about her sprite problems seemed N and read her/the situation pretty well too. Plus, he's interested in the quadrants/romance which boils down to an interest in how others interact with each other which is just not something a pure S could get deeply fascinated in. He gets things pretty wrong at times, but that to me is just emotion clouding his vision.

I know it may sound odd, but I've thought of INFJ for Karkat before, but I'm still not completely sure about him yet. I say I because while he does like being with people and he's very talkative, his energy just feels more focused inward. An extroverted introvert. Going back to the enneagram (I won't do this too much I promise lol) I think Karkat is a social before sexual or self prev. Socials main concerns are well, social ones along with image. Lots of introverts can be socials which can make them come off more extroverted than they actually are.

Equius an ISTJ, yes, I would definitely agree with that. ;D Just about same with Aimless Renegade but then again, maybe an E, but I could see I too, I'm on the fence between I and E with that one I think.

Horuss seems good, I don't think I can argue with that too much. Maybe he's more F though, I would have to re-read his dialogues, but so far, so good.

Eridan? Hmmm okay, I'll be honest, I originally had that guy typed as an ESFJ lol, but no I looked into his character more since then. I would say he's more F since he tends to get all worked up often and get pretty irrational too, and he overeacts to things like when Feferi rejected him, I think I is good for him though. Which, I might as well go to Feferi since she was mentioned just now. I like that E, that's a nice E, the F is attractive too, I'm going to have to think of N vs S for now with that girl, but I would say more P than J.

Now we have John, I used to think John was an I, but I can see E now, and to me either would be good, maybe E is more fitting though. Sensor, yes I agree. I would say a T though, he just kind of deals with things really. Hahaha, as mentioned earlier John has problems staying on task and not wasting time and Rose and Vriska (both J's) always had to remind him. Hmm thinking about the tertiary functions, John as ISTP would make sense since John to me does seem to have tertiary intuition, he knows his friends pretty well on the inside. But he's starting to seem more E to me which has a tertiary of extroverted feeling hmmm.

Perigee Mendicant an ISFJ, hmmm yes, I think so, very anal about the mail seems really J to me.

I like what you have for Dave, it's much better than the other one with him as INFP (I laughed when I first saw that one.) I would maybe say N for Dave though. As for the I vs E thing for Dave, I can see I, but for some reason, he's always seemed to have more outward energy to me idk.

Porrim ESTP, hmm once again, I would say N instead of S. She can see through Latula's gamer girl facade, understands Kankri, etc. ENTP I could see for her, she has a pretty quick minded and clever kind of thing that ENTPs have.

Latula, I would say T instead of F from what I've seen of her, plus the ESTP type is all action/dare-devil-y like her (even if that's kind of a facade-y thing, but I still think she genuinely likes vidya gaymes and stunts) another thing, I've always thought that the Mind aspect was very T like in general, and Heart to be F like.

Oh whoops, forgot about Kanaya, I was about to say switch the S to an N, but I think S may actually work out for her though. I'll think about that more.
    Jake? Yeah I agree with that one.^^

Nepeta, I've seen the intro/extro argument about her too. Currently, I'm leaning on Extraverted for her and intuitive as well. She so reminds of this one ENFP girl I know irl too o.0, but maybe I'll settle on I later I'm not sure. So for now, xNFP. I would say the shipping is a really Ne thing too btw.

Damara an ISFP? Hmm maybe a J would give her that edge she has, but then again it's implied her nature was originally much more meek before all that stuff with Meenah and Rufioh went down. So ISFP may actually work in the long run, yeah.

Gamzee? Hmm I'm going to have to think about that elusive mofo. I just don't know.

Oooh I love Snowman's very nice! Vriska, yeah I think that's good, I had her as ENTJ too, I've gone back and forth with F and T with her though, but considering that Fe is the primary for ENFJ, I would go for T instead.

Dirk? That one may be tricky, I have to re-read some of A6 tbh since I'm not as savvy on that one as I may be on the others, but I would maybe say INFJ simply because while he was very calculating, reading his text was always kind of cumbersome, he's an intense dude. But that's how INFJs are, they still are pretty cool and calculating, but they do have passion and intensity. Probably since Ti is the tertiary. I will look into it more though.

Oh Terezi, I think that's a good one! While it was pointed out that her investigation interest thing is kind of S centric, I do agree with that, and I was thinking S for her, but then I remembered her comparing and contrasting Dave and Karkat which sounded N-like oh, and she's a Seer, I think Seer is more of an N class, than an S one. So yeah, I agree with Terezi's.

Oh yes, INTJ for Dc Scratch.

Hmm I like how you separated robo/dead Aradia from real Aradia. I think Robo Aradia may have been an F though? I mean...I'm not too sure how typable Aradiabot really is now that I think of it. First, she was freaking out over being programmed with feelings for Equius and made out with him, then later, she decided that she wasn't "0k" with Vriska messing around with her and she came in and got violent with her, then there are times when she is very INTJ, or maybe INTP like always analyzing the adventure/session etc. by the time they're in the veil, she seems to be changing yet again getting angry at Karkat and Rose for doing things she doesn't want them to do, and then attempting to blow herself up, and getting frustrated again, etc. Maybe it adds up t some kind of type, but I haven't seen it yet lol. Now, back to ennearagam, I had Aradia as a 9, and after her death she enters a state of depressed apathy making her seem deadpan and emotionless, but I think she was still an INFJ even then.

Rose, I like it.^^

Sollux...hmm I thought that too at first, but now that I remember that Fi is the inferior function, I'm not sure. INTPs have always seemed really emotionless to me. Sollux seems more like a T I think, but he does get crabby. So yeah, idk about him yet.

Kurloz? I could see that, along with Hussie but ENTP is also likely maybe, I don't really know much about him tbh other than what I've seen in some interviews and self inserts.

Mituna could work too, hard to say since he was different before the psychic accident.

Haha~ yeah, Kankri is totally all preacher-y like an ENFJ. I'm trying to remember what makes him an N though...he could be an S, I remember thinking of ISFJ for him too. Both ENFJ and ISFJ are really preachy tight ass tangential types.

Oh, yes I do like the White Queen.

I think Feferi might be an ENFP or an ESFP I'm just not sure about the N and even more unsure about the J.

I think Jade is probably an ENFP, she gets sidetracked like John too, she did have the reminders, but a J I feel would have used a more efficient less playful way of keeping track of things. I've wondered about F for her though and there are times when I want to separate her real self as an ENTP and her dream self as an F, then when they merge, it's just ENFP. Then again, maybe just ENFP the whole time idk.

Now that I think of it, it seems like the alpha kids were heavier leaning in T, while the beta kids were heavier in F. Perhaps the lack of or smaller amount of T present is why the beta kids had more unsuccessful session (I'm talking about their abilities and actions, not the nature of the session itself since I know it is technically better than the alpha kids' session) everyone was too preoccupied with their romantic/emotional problems to get a whole lot done, or establish proper unity as a contrast to how the alpha kids went about things.

I think I agree with Rufioh, I can see it.

Roxy too but I keep thinking she's an introvert for some reason even if I have little to back it up, I think she's an enneatype 2 though, but yeah actually ENFP is best.

I also agree with Meulin.

I think Aranea is more ENFJ simply cause her demeanor is lighter than that of an INFJ, she lacks the darkness of an INFJ. Maybe it's because I'm looking at Vriska and Mindfang, but she also seems to have a dormant ruthless and deceptive/conniving side to her, but then idk. Oh well, she's cute.

Hmm Wayward Vagebond, I would say he is an S. He's charmingly dense and kind of clueless too. He's also too light to be an INFJ and as for T vs F idk actually either could fit I think. I think he's a P though. Idk whether I or E is better either.

Oh Calliope, I like this one!^^ INFP seems very fitting of her, and I just love how it's an exact contrast to Caliborn, cause I mean that's how cherubs are supposed to be, exact opposites of each other. It ties in nicely.

I like Tavros too, only I would change to an S only because his way of "acting confident" along with his methods for trolling Dave, and how he confessed to Jade just seems really S like to me, I know that's not a very good way to explain it, but uMMM sORRY. Oh yeah, and ISFPs are a really nurturing and gentle type (more gentle and less edgy than an INFP), great with animals too ^o^.

Hahahaha you typed the Conair character by Nic Cage? Lolz I love that. (Orrr did you just type Nic Cage? I think it's the character idk.) hehehe well idk how right or wrong that is, but I like it and it seems good for the character of Conair. Hahaha oh gosh, and Guy Fieri too. Is that his character in HS? Orr the actual guy, if so then yeah, I've actually seen his Food Network show years ago, and I think he actually is an ESFP. As for his HS character, man idk I was so weirded out/lmaod when they put him in HS in the first place.

Gosh, sorry this is so long, I guess I got kind of excited making this.^^; Been awhile since I've been able to type a long thing like this actually. I just hope I didn't sound too critical, I don't mean it that way at all! >.> Your chart made my day today actually. It's just, most people usually don't agree with MBTI typings in general, it's a very ambiguous and tricky thing sometimes, but it's fun discussing anyway.^^ I probably know more about MBTI than Homestuck anyway just to let you know o.0.
    Last edited by 5 AM; 08-05-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by daviddwd View Post
    I have the luxury of being exactly on the boundaries between S and N and J and P in addition to solidly being I and T, making me at the quadrapoint between Rose, Eridan, Equius, and Sollux. This is pretty awesome.
    I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I am 100% inarguably Introverted, and pretty much the same for iNtuitive. For me, it's the J/P and T/F dichotomies where it depends on the test I take. I've literally received every possible combination (INTP, INFP, INTJ, INFJ), sometimes from the same test taken at different times.

I'm tempted to go to my school career counselor and get an actually proctored test to see what comes of it.

Red face Re: Homestuck characters and MBTI

If it helps, aT, your posts remind me a lot of my sister, who is very firmly in the INTJ box.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 AM View Post
    Sollux...hmm I thought that too at first, but now that I remember that Fi is the inferior function, I'm not sure. INTPs have always seemed really emotionless to me. Sollux seems more like a T I think, but he does get crabby. So yeah, idk about him yet.
    As someone who straddles the INTP and INFP border, I can say with confidence that Sollux is a T. The moodiness is more attributable to his bipolar qualities than his base personality.

Also, just because INTPs aren't very demonstrative doesn't mean they don't have emotions! Far from it, sometimes. Being ill-equipped to handle them when they get too strong is part of the personality type.
    Last edited by blackSparrow; 08-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by blackSparrow View Post
    If it helps, aT, your posts remind me a lot of my sister, who is very firmly in the INTJ box.
    Interesting. Though I think I can easily explain why neither P nor J fits me squarely.

I'm not a very "practical" person--I'm a dreamer, I like to imagine and daydream, etc. Yet I really DO prefer things organized well, when I'm in "working mode." I write poetry (and prose), but my poetry is very orderly. I'm a romantic sap, yet I'm easily able to logically digest things, and tend to produce perfectionistically exacting work.

Possibly part of the problem is that the J/P dichotomy depends upon the F/T dichotomy, and that's the other place where I tend to vacillate. I find it very weird to think in ways that DON'T consider both the feelings of people and the contexts of situations, because people are really really important to me and I want to do right by them as absolutely best I can, AND the facts/objective analysis of the situation. How can I provide useful, beneficial feedback if I am not honest? How can my factual feedback be useful if it is not tailored to the recipient's needs and personality? I do not hesitate to be honest with others, but honesty doesn't have to come at the price of unkindness.

Feelings, personality, and context are "data points" critically necessary for making the correct decision. Absolute veracity is useless if it is wielded like a hammer, bruising flesh and breaking bone, rather than a scalpel, lancing only the wound and leaving the healthy body alone.

As someone who straddles the INTP and INFP border, I can say with confidence that Sollux is a T. The moodiness is more attributable to his bipolar qualities than his base personality.
    Yeah I think he's just cranky/picky, rather than "feely."

Also, just because INTPs aren't very demonstrative doesn't mean they don't have emotions! Far from it, sometimes. Being ill-equipped to handle them when they get too strong is part of the personality type.
    I tend to be very un-demonstrative with my feelings, especially when I'm in public spaces or in a private space shared with people "distant" to me. For example, one time I got a phone call regarding something serious and upsetting (I don't remember what it was now, this was years ago). My mom had a guest over at the time, one of her friends. I rushed outside to deal with the phone call, giving a short but polite greeting to the guest.

After the woman left, my mom told me that her friend had said something like, "Wow, he didn't seem very upset." She (my mom) immediately replied, "Are you kidding? No, he was VERY upset!"

I tend to keep my emotions to myself, especially the negative ones. When in a group of friends, though, I tend to be the one who laughs the most easily and the most often. And, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been explicitly told I am not a cold/unfeeling kind of person. One of the kindest compliments I've ever received was from a friend who went to see the new Star Trek movie (the first new one), having never seen any Star Trek before. She said Spock reminded her of me, because he is both very intelligent, but also cares deeply about the people close to him. I felt extremely flattered.

So...anyway...just trying to show that yes, it's possible to have strong, even passionate feelings, which simply don't show up on the radar of someone not used to detecting a person's particular type of emotional cues.
    Last edited by amiableTemplar; 08-05-2013 at 11:21 PM.

"To Punish and Endure" partymember56's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Darn. Tavro's isn't only my patron troll, and we don't just happen to have similar personalities, we have the same MBTI too!
    }
    But I guess I'm a dreamer at heart too. I despise pure logic and rationality, I'm nothing but emotions and reactions. It's kind of easy to tell just from my posts, if you look back before summer, I'm angry, depressed and mean, now I'm a lot happier and nicer. But the core thing me and Tavros have is the "uH, I DON'T THINK I CAN DO IT," attitude.

But if you'll let me, aT, you are perhaps the smartest person I have ever found on these forums, and that's a dead fact. Just the way you say stuff, man, I'm like:
    Last edited by partymember56; 08-05-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    "Oh how many travelers get weeeeary....
    bearin both they're burdens and their scars?
    Dontcha think they'd love to start all oooooover...
    and fly like eagles out among the staaaaars?"

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by partymember56 View Post
    Darn. Tavro's isn't only my patron troll, and we don't just happen to have similar personalities, we have the same MBTI too!
    }
    But I guess I'm a dreamer at heart too. I despise pure logic and rationality, I'm nothing but emotions and reactions. It's kind of easy to tell just from my posts, if you look back before summer, I'm angry, depressed and mean, now I'm a lot happier and nicer. But the core thing me and Tavros have is the "uH, I DON'T THINK I CAN DO IT," attitude.
    Something to remember, there, is that Tavros isn't exactly a healthy example of...basically anything. He's so introverted and passive, he never actually gets anything done....except the one time he flips into ULTRA TAVROS MODE, where he goes and gets himself foolishly killed for....basically no good reason.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love both of the Nitrams. Rufioh's cool, and Tavros is adorable oh my god. But both of them have issues with expressing themselves, making their voices heard, actually DOING things rather than waiting...and waiting...and waiting...until action is now pointless or even damaging.

But if you'll let me, aT, you are perhaps the smartest person I have ever found on these forums, and that's a dead fact.
    Thank you, Partymember. That's very kind of you. I try to make use of the gifts and skills I possess, but I don't always succeed. And, just so you know, I don't think you were terribly "angry" or "mean." You've always been polite and positive with me, at least, and I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by amiableTemplar; 08-05-2013 at 11:41 PM.

"To Punish and Endure" partymember56's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by amiableTemplar View Post
    Something to remember, there, is that Tavros isn't exactly a healthy example of...basically anything. He's so introverted and passive, he never actually gets anything done....except the one time he flips into ULTRA TAVROS MODE, where he goes and gets himself foolishly killed for....basically no good reason.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love both of the Nitrams. Rufioh's cool, and Tavros is adorable oh my god. But both of them have issues with expressing themselves, making their voices heard, actually DOING things rather than waiting...and waiting...and waiting...until action is now pointless or even damaging.

Thank you, Partymember. And, just so you know, I don't think you were terribly "angry" or "mean." You've always been polite and positive with me, at least, and I really appreciate it.
    Of course, I'm not entirely like him, but pretty similar. Like almost down to the Classpect similar. Heck, the Summoner is what I probably would have ended up being if I had gone through with my fledgling political career (the less said about that, the better. )

On the other hand, if I didn't care about trying to do things one at a time, expecting definitive outcomes for actions, and just relax a little, I might even have a little Dave in me.

If you got any poems you'd like to share BTW, please put them up on my poetry thread. I'd love to see them.
    Last edited by partymember56; 08-05-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    "Oh how many travelers get weeeeary....
    bearin both they're burdens and their scars?
    Dontcha think they'd love to start all oooooover...
    and fly like eagles out among the staaaaars?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast