MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Herostuck: A City of Heroes Collaborative Adventure

Manically Depressed Nightcastle's Avatar

Re: Herostuck: A City of Heroes Collaborative Adventure

Are you still recruiting players? I should have my game up and working eventually, I'd love to join this.

Swing me a pester at acheronianTarantula or alexandrianAdvancements for OOC discussion and random chats.
    Currently on Pesterchum as Kempah Treyoh-sparringSeer
    Trolls lie within.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaShatogi View Post
    also Slid EEE YOUR AVATAR IS SO CUTE.
    You really think so? ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcastle View Post
    Are you still recruiting players? I should have my game up and working eventually, I'd love to join this.
    Yes! We certainly are, the more players the better!

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm View Post
    i keep trying to download it it gives me this message :The NCLauncher was unable to reach the web address "launcher.ncsoft.com." This could cause unexpected issues to occur with NCLauncher. If this problem persists, please contact NCsoft Customer Support for assistance. so i click a button that says okay it gives me this message:The NCLauncher has successfully patched itself! i click ok hoping it will download now but when i click okay it shows the downloading thing for like a second and then it goes back to the first message does anyone know whats wrong and can tell me how to fix it?????
    If you're on a more recent Windows machine (Vista/7) you may need to run as administrator if you aren't already. This sounds like a firewall or network issue to me, though...

also Slid EEE YOUR AVATAR IS SO CUTE.
    oh i use a mac would that have anything to do with my current problem???

and k uranian i'll try that right now

Quote Originally Posted by uranianUmbra View Post

Awesome. Do I just post a picture of my character and their profile when I finally get it working?

I say that because my character, when I'm making him, keeps showing up as this black model with no textures. I'm running the repair from the NCsoft launcher, am I doing the correct thing? And also, when I first started up the game menu, I accidentally clicked the highest graphics setting. 1. Does that have anything to do with it, and 2. Is there any way to change my graphical setting?

Swing me a pester at acheronianTarantula or alexandrianAdvancements for OOC discussion and random chats.
    Trolls lie within.

i keep trying to download it it gives me this message :The NCLauncher was unable to reach the web address "launcher.ncsoft.com." This could cause unexpected issues to occur with NCLauncher. If this problem persists, please contact NCsoft Customer Support for assistance. so i click a button that says okay it gives me this message:The NCLauncher has successfully patched itself! i click ok hoping it will download now but when i click okay it shows the downloading thing for like a second and then it goes back to the first message does anyone know whats wrong and can tell me how to fix it?????
    Try restarting your computer. Sometimes the game "locks" certain files and then needs to open them later, and the only way to fix it is with a reboot.

Let me know if that works.
    okay just tried that now when i click it it says City of Heroes quit unexpectedly when i click the reopen it just says City of Heroes quit unexpectedly again

Try restarting your computer. Sometimes the game "locks" certain files and then needs to open them later, and the only way to fix it is with a reboot.

Let me know if that works.
    okay just tried that now when i click it it says City of Heroes quit unexpectedly when i click the reopen it just says City of Heroes quit unexpectedly again
    Oh, you're on a mac? What OS version? You might be stuck in the fail-loop with a corrupted games.xml list. I wonder if they got that fixed. In the meantime, check your downloads folder for any partially-downloaded patch files and delete them.

Here's the Mac user subforum on the CoH boards: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=582 . CuppaManga is really helpful and their guide/troubleshooting/faq are very useful.

I know your pain, by the way, I too am on a mac. But we'll get you ingame yet!
    Sanity is highly overrated.
    [S] RDA | Herostuck | Signature upgrade acquired. Look inside!

Awesome. Do I just post a picture of my character and their profile when I finally get it working?

I say that because my character, when I'm making him, keeps showing up as this black model with no textures. I'm running the repair from the NCsoft launcher, am I doing the correct thing? And also, when I first started up the game menu, I accidentally clicked the highest graphics setting. 1. Does that have anything to do with it, and 2. Is there any way to change my graphical setting?
    Yes, you can adjust your graphics settings and Ultra Mode is probably why you're getting texture problems. I forget how to invoke the safemode launch, though - some kind of switch... If you can get in-game without crashing, it's under Menu > Options > Graphics And Audio. The slider you want is Graphics Quality.

Secondly, don't forget to uncheck "copy colors across costume" in the creator.

EDIT: Found it! How to launch in safe mode. Go to City of Heroes on the launcher, rightclick, and go to Properties. Check "Launch in safe mode." This will set all your graphics and audio to minimum, and allow you to correct the (potentially damaging) graphics setting.
    Last edited by AlishaShatogi; 12-16-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo derp.

I ended up getting it to work, awesome. The only thing is, how do I add his symbol? I'm stuck here.

Trolls lie within.

I ended up getting it to work, awesome. The only thing is, how do I add his symbol? I'm stuck here.
    Go on the "Chest Detail" section, and pick one from the list of possible symbols.

Symbols are in the Upper Body>Chest Detail category. Certain categories of upper body (namely, jackets, shirts (for the ladies) + robes) have small symbols on the upper left breast, but for Jackets you can choose "under" and use an open jacket of some kind to showcase it.

and scoop'd.

Awesome, he's done. My next post will contain a picture of him and a profile. Should it be his normal profile from the trollslum, or "Meteors fell and I recieved a power" profile? Or is it neither of those? I'm aksing for preferences on what I should write.

Trolls lie within.

Awesome, he's done. My next post will contain a picture of him and a profile. Should it be his normal profile from the trollslum, or "Meteors fell and I recieved a power" profile? Or is it neither of those? I'm aksing for preferences on what I should write.
    Whichever you prefer. We have both flavors in the group currently.

On an entirely unrelated note, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE TO BE A HERO! We can't invite Villains to the group, unfortunately. When you're given the choice to lend powers to Blue Spectrum, or steal his powers, make sure you choose to lend him some of yours.
    Last edited by uranianUmbra; 12-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Okay, so I have one more question before the profile's posted. I've opened the shop to buy the knowledgable badge, but I don't see a "check out" button in the cart menu. How do I make my final purchase?

Trolls lie within.

Never mind, I figured it out. My windows weren't scaled.

Trolls lie within.

Okay, so I have one more question before the profile's posted. I've opened the shop to buy the knowledgable badge, but I don't see a "check out" button in the cart menu. How do I make my final purchase?
    There should be a "Complete Purchase" button, or something similar. It's on the bottom right.

My final question for now: Does it matter what Alignment we take? I'm tempted to press Villain, but this is Herostuck after all. I don't want to mess everything up.

Trolls lie within.

So. Anyone running around Atlas City want to meet up for some awesome roleplay/killing/whatever? Also, is there a more convenient place for this sort of thing?

Herostuck is a heroside group, which restricts to Hero/Vigilante/Rogue. And I'm sitting on the stairs by the spawn point right now in AP1, waiting for Nightcastle to zone in so I can give them a "welcome to the game" gift. :3c

Ah crap, game crashed give me a sec, I'll meet you there.

Trolls lie within.

It'd be nice to know your in game name. EDIT: Wait, I'm in AP2. Time to get running for a zone exit...

Oh, my game name is stargazingShatter, so keep an eye out for a troll with War horns, a jacket and purple eye rings.

Trolls lie within.

In-game, I'm either uranicUpheaval, mercurialManifesto, arachnidsGrip, or apocalypseArisen. My global account name is @Slid.

Herostuck is a heroside group, which restricts to Hero/Vigilante/Rogue. And I'm sitting on the stairs by the spawn point right now in AP1, waiting for Nightcastle to zone in so I can give them a "welcome to the game" gift. :3c
    Actually, it restricts it to Hero/Vigilante. Rogues can play with us, but can't join the group.
    Last edited by uranianUmbra; 12-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.

FML, I go to work for 6 hours and everyone's doing things. Welcome all, I'm about to jump in game. See you soon (maybe).

In-game, I'm either uranicUpheaval, mercurialManifesto, arachnidsGrip, or apocalypseArisen. My global account name is @Slid.

Actually, it restricts it to Hero/Vigilante. Rogues can play with us, but can't join the group.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, free players cannot join supergroups, so it's worth it to make a single small purchase to earn that right. (I think that the minimum purchase is $5 unless there's a promo going on.)

Also, my ingame global name is @Alisha Shatogi, the same as over there
    <--
    but with a space. My main toon overall has the same name, and my HS/CJ characters are Mage of Mind (Lisa, above) and venusianVivacity (blueblooded beam rifleer troll).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast