MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollslum Cafe LXXVI: And We're Still Alive

Trollslum Cafe LXXVI: And We're Still Alive

Welcome the Trollslum Café!

Our Guiding Principle: We are fans of Homestuck, and of the trolls in particular. We like to make fantrolls, and we love to roleplay them. And so, once upon a time, this thread was created as a place to host new, undeveloped trolls so that players could flesh them out while interacting with other characters. This is the primary purpose of the Café.

Moderators

There are moderators to keep quality control of the Café. They will enforce rules, post new threads, and are generally around to help you if you have a problem or a question that needs answering. The current list of mods are..

Suds McFuddle
    Steev
    Overlard
    Araiss
    Cliff_Racer
    Blank
    Ocfos

Notice to newer players: We highly encourage you to post a profile in the trollslum thread or in the critique thread before starting your roleplaying experience in the Café. Getting some feedback on your character before you start playing can help you make a better character and avoid some common pitfalls.

Below are some rules that we would like you to follow when you post in the Café. Please read them carefully, whether you are new or old to the Café!

1. Characters and Settings

The Café is located somewhere on Alternia (the troll homeworld populated by the young). Any troll on Alternia can access it. Mutants, aliens, and freaks overall are not accepted. This means no aliens (humans included), abominations, undead, ghosts, robots*, freaks*, and mutants*. General fandom for adult trolls starts at 10 sweeps and older, which means they would be off planet in the fleet or culled for failing to provide genetic material at that age, so trolls over 10 sweeps are strongly discouraged*.

* <- The above asterisks note exceptions for good cause: if you're sending a troll of this nature in the Café, they must have a good reason to be alive (or still on the planet, in the case of adults). If your character falls into one of these categories, the moderators will ask you to justify the reason for them to be considered an exception to the rules. These exceptions must all be of Trollish origin as this is the Trollslum Cafe. Also a good rule of thumb is that it shouldn't force every single head to turn if they enter the cafe.

The Café is also set outside of a SGRUB or S***B continuity. No troll knows about any game information or about humans. Aspects and characters from what would be from a SGRUB or S***B session (god tier/S***B powers) are also banned, save them for a session roleplay.

2. Participating in the Café; Guidelines for Posting

There are no pre-requisites for joining the Café. Simply jump in and start a conversation with someone who is unoccupied.

a. Indicate which character you are speaking to if you are starting a conversation. If there is no name, be as specific as possible.
    b. You can quote the previous post to enhance the clarity of responses, but use spoiler tags and do not post quote pyramids. You can be infracted for this.
    c. Before beginning a conversation, make sure the character isn't already talking to someone. Interrupting a one-on-one conversation is rude, though planned interruptions are fine. If they tell you to go away please respect that decision.
    d. When speaking OOC (out-of-character, as yourself) use (( parentheses )) or [[ brackets ]] to indicate OOC speech.
    e. Post containing only OOC chat are prohibited. Go to the Trollslum General Chat Thread or a private medium for that.
    f. If you want to roleplay something that isn't allowed (see below), there are other mediums for roleplaying: instant messengers, including the Pesterchum client; typewith.me or sync.in collaborative documents; and private messages.

3. Fights

Fights are a different kind of roleplay, so they need special rules. Please read this next important section carefully.

a. Avoid fights if possible! There are usually other options besides instantly pulling out a weapon, so try the peaceful options first. Your troll may be violent or you may want to show off your character's skills, but this is a place for character development. This doesn't mean that you are prohibited from playing a mean of provocative character, just know your limits!
    b. If you must engage in a fight, please contact the other players privately (PM/chat client) to plan things out. It is good to have an end result and a plan to avoid annoying one-upmanship contests.
    c.Follow fighting etiquette: describe your character's actions thoroughly. Avoid godmodding. A good example of roleplaying an action is: “I aim at your character’s face and fire.” It explains the action and gives the other character a chance to respond.
    An example of godmodding is: "I stab your character in the jugular vein." You don't have control over the other character's actions.
    d. Do not get involved in someone else's fight! There are exceptions, such as if your troll is in a quadrant, or if they are friends with a participant. Trolls generally don't care about other trolls' problems if they don't know them.

4. Romance

Quadrants ARE needed for a troll to avoid culling, but the Café is a public setting. Trolls are shy about their quadrants (seen in canon), so they won't go to a public place just to make out. Relationship progress is important for character development, but sloppy makeouts are not.

*Anything above PG-13 such as fondling, grouping, lewd, sexual, or questionable behavior is forbidden. Take it to a private chat.
    *If you bring a character in solely to have make-outs, a moderator may ask you to leave.

5. Problems

Problems will happen, whether they be excessive fights, godmodding, or another player causing drama. If you have a problem with someone, contact them privately and politely, not in the thread.

The mods will try to keep the peace, and if one of them sees a problem involving your character they will send you a polite PM asking for an explanation. Characters will be asked to leave if they cause constant problems, violate the rules, or need revision.

6. Rule Changes

The rules may be changed at any time without notification, so it's wise to check the rules occasionally. Remember the goal is to have fun, so be polite and enjoy yourselves!

Archives

EB Sprite made by Steev, OOC Handle: imaginitiveNarcoleptic

Re: Trollslum Cafe LXXVI: And We're Still Alive

Varnus dodges the poke.
    Yeah. How arre you?
    How are you? He thought you were dead for months.
    ---

Dyanas walks in, noticing Octana.
    He pauses at the entrance. Should he approach her?
    Don't click this spoiler.

Here for Hawky and Katt Suds McFuddle's Avatar

l|-Please,--stabbing's--nothing--ne-W-.--/'m--pretty--much--used--to--it--by--no-W-.-l|

He starts jokingly patting Katrin on the head.

l|-Besides,--doesn't--seem--to--me--like--you--could--stab--me--even--if--you---W-anted--to.-l|
    Yeah

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

If he wants to hear how she totally poisoned that redblood over there while drinking coffee, then sure.

Trollslum Cafe Regular Tekkenfreak4's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

... I 7hough7 ya were dead...

Varnak completely misses the question...
    OOC / Self insert FanHuman's Handle: acidReign
    My main blog

Smooth as sandpaper immortalMemelizer's Avatar

You walk in, only briefly hesitating as you walk through the door. Wow, you're getting better at the adjustment to your depth perception! How great! Your stitches are still in, but at least you're beginning to heal better than before. Grub steps, grub steps.
    You sit at a booth nearby and order yourself a banana milkshake. Mmm, bananas.

"You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" - Closing Time

...We are talking about the zame thing, right?

---

well letz zee uh
    i lixe t buy zhit zometimez and go zee moviez and i zpend a lot a time worxin t be really good with th bladarangz cauze i thinx theyre pretty cool even though theyre hard t uze

His palms have a lot of nasty scars on them from poor catching procedure.
    LOCust-3172, a space-trotting RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoraķatheð Zorethan
    Life is an extremely convoluted process that starts with you being dust and ends with you being dust in an extremely roundabout way that somehow involves checking email a lot.

avoids cliches like the plague Rai-CH's Avatar
    Land of EVERYTHING TRYING TO KILL YOU (Australia)
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

"I could, once these painkill'rs start t' work..."
    Those things never kick in when you need them the most.
    "B'sides, 't's not like y' doin' anythin' t' try 'nd stop me."
    Except those headpats, which reek of condescending-ness. Katrin feels like she's being treated like a wiggler.
    I need a new pretentious quote to go here
    read huntersfollow a loserexamine nerds

Dyanas walks up to her.
    Uh... Hey. So uh... Remember all that shit about Drapia's blood? Or, you know, the synthesized shit. Yeah, you still want to makek a deal?
    He's got fresh prisoners.
    ---

Varnus scratches his neck scar.
    Yeah. I trried. Taonia ssucceeded. Let'ss talks about ssomething elsse.
    Sensitive topic.

Since his hands are up there you might as well take a look and wow...he does have a few scars. Well at least he's committed to his weapon.

WELL|What|Do|You|Know|I|Like|Movies|Too! SO|What|Type|Of|Movies|Do|You|Like?

Of course everyone likes movies who doesn't like movies?

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

[SCIENCE]Oh yes, that. I happened to have used her blood the other night when I STABBED A REDBLOOD.[BAG]

She said that loud enough. Wonder if Katrin will hear.

l|-Heh,--maybe--/'ll--try--and--stop--you---W-hen--you're--actually--a--threat.-l|

He ceases headpatting, then proceeds to pat her cheek. Come on now Mickah that's just cruel.
    Yeah

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Varnak lays a hand on his shoulder, forgeting about his reverse empathy for a second...

I uhh... hmm.. Sorry 7o hear 7ha7...
    My main blog

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Katrin does hear Octana, and completely freezes up.
    Not even Mickah's constant patting will effect her. Which probably sucks if he was expecting a reaction out of her.

And then Quoute lurks in to the cafe, white revolver bouncing against his side. He sits at the bar, sitting just so the light glints off of his gun, then orders a tall glass of chocolate milk.
    You're gonna carry that weight.

((Clearly Octana was using an inferior or highly diluted version of Drapia's blood if Katrin is still alive. Or Katrin is immune/extremely resistant to poison like several trolls (seriously Drapia's shit is supposed to be instant death and not to be treated lightly)))

well i guezz i lixe action moviez and zhit zince theyre alwayz pretty cool t watch
    LOCust-3172, a space-trotting RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoraķatheð Zorethan
    Life is an extremely convoluted process that starts with you being dust and ends with you being dust in an extremely roundabout way that somehow involves checking email a lot.

I'll unveil your flawed logic Strider's Avatar

Horrin takes out a captchalogue card and takes the stuff out of it. Suddenly, it seems like half the table is covered with art supplies of all kinds. Paints, pens, pencils, papers, brushes, canvas's, and also some clay stuff. In the center is a generous sized bowl with different types of candy. I swear, Horrin had better not regret asking for that partial advance payment for that dangerous job he is going to be taking on soon. Horrin rubs the back of his head nervously.
    )))I don't know if this is being kind of overboard but...I wanted to be sure you would have enough to last you a while.((( And cue nervous laugh. )))Oh, almost forgot about one other thing!((( He takes out another card and out of it comes a paper.
    Horrin is not an artist, so he had to spend basically months on the one piece of art that he was going to add with this 12th Perigrees Eve present, which he at first thought would be a lot smaller. On the piece of paper is a rendition of Lahlah painting some forest scenery with a lake. The picture is actually quite good. Of course, he had to spend months on it to get it right.
    Why did he go through such effort anyway? He could have just asked someone else to art it for him. :v

"My intentions are what I make of them."

He is somewhat upset about the lack of a response, but he finds the freezing rather amusing.

l|-Hehe,--W-hat's--your--problem?-l|
    Yeah

He flinches when she shouts.
    Uh... Okekay. So... Wanna makek a deal or what? I kekan pay you, workek for you, bring you test subjekekts. Anything you want.
    ---

Varnus steps back as Varnak reaches for his shoulder, but his fingers still brush him.
    A feeling of utter hopelessness, misery, pain. It's the feeling that makes you want to just curl up and cry.
    He killed his own matesprit. She killed herself because of what he did. It's his fault. If only she had fallen for someone else.
    He's broken. He'll never be fixed. He will never be-
    Don't touch me.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Varnak says nothing... He feels like shit now...
    Horrible things... He just facetables...

My main blog

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

[SCIENCE]Retrieve that redblood with the scarf over there.[BAG]

She points at Katrin.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Katrin manages to cough out... some form of word vomit. Not actual vomit, thank god.
    "Don'tsayanythin'orshemighttryt'killmeagain."
    Her eyes dart over to wherever Octana is standing/sitting.

ACTION|Movies|Huh|The|Same|Ones|With|A|Lot|Of|Figh t|Scenes|And|Badass|Moments|In|Them? I|Suppose|Those|Are|Pretty|Cool|Yeah|At|Least|I|Do n't|Watching|Them. I|Don't|Mind|Watching|Animal|Movies|Myself|Or|Susp ense|And|Thriller|Movies|Those|Are|Pretty|Nice|Oh| And|You|Can't|Forget|Horror.

Hmm..looks like he doesn't mind you that much now. Maybe.

Yep, still drinking his chocolate milk like a badass. He's not sure why he needs to be displaying his gun, but he is anyways, maybe someone he knows is going to do things to him? Probably nothing to overthink, he figures.
    You're gonna carry that weight.

Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast