MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 98 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollslum Cafe LXXVII: Free Amputations Nightly! (Updated rules please read)

Trollslum Cafe LXXVII: Free Amputations Nightly! (Updated rules please read)

Welcome to the Trollslum Café!

Our Guiding Principle: We are fans of Homestuck, and of the trolls in particular. We like to make fantrolls, and we love to roleplay them. And so, once upon a time, this thread was created as a place to host new, undeveloped trolls so that players could flesh them out while interacting with other characters. This is the primary purpose of the Café.

Moderators

There are moderators to keep quality control of the Café. They will enforce rules, post new threads, and are generally around to help you if you have a problem or a question that needs answering. The current list of mods are..

Suds McFuddle
    Steev
    Overlard
    Araiss
    Cliff_Racer
    Blank
    Ocfos

Notice to newer players: We highly encourage you to post a profile in the trollslum thread or in the critique thread before starting your roleplaying experience in the Café. Getting some feedback on your character before you start playing can help you make a better character and avoid some common pitfalls.

Below are some rules that we would like you to follow when you post in the Café. Please read them carefully, whether you are new or old to the Café!

1. Characters and Settings

The Café is located somewhere on Alternia (the troll homeworld populated by the young). Any troll on Alternia can access it. Mutants, aliens, and freaks overall are not accepted. This means no aliens (humans included), abominations, undead, ghosts, robots*, freaks*, and mutants*. General fandom for adult trolls starts at 10 sweeps and older, which means they would be off planet in the fleet or culled for failing to provide genetic material at that age, so trolls over 10 sweeps are strongly discouraged*.

* <- The above asterisks note exceptions for good cause: if you're sending a troll of this nature in the Café, they must have a good reason to be alive (or still on the planet, in the case of adults). If your character falls into one of these categories, the moderators will ask you to justify the reason for them to be considered an exception to the rules. These exceptions must all be of Trollish origin as this is the Trollslum Cafe. Also a good rule of thumb is that it shouldn't force every single head to turn if they enter the cafe.

The Café is also set outside of a SGRUB or S***B continuity. No troll knows about any game information or about humans. Aspects and characters from what would be from a SGRUB or S***B session (god tier/S***B powers) are also banned, save them for a session roleplay.

2. Participating in the Café; Guidelines for Posting

There are no pre-requisites for joining the Café. Simply jump in and start a conversation with someone who is unoccupied.

a. Indicate which character you are speaking to if you are starting a conversation. If there is no name, be as specific as possible.
    b. You can quote the previous post to enhance the clarity of responses, but use spoiler tags and do not post quote pyramids. You can be infracted for this.
    c. Before beginning a conversation, make sure the character isn't already talking to someone. Interrupting a one-on-one conversation is rude, though planned interruptions are fine. If they tell you to go away please respect that decision.
    d. When speaking OOC (out-of-character, as yourself) use (( parentheses )) or [[ brackets ]] to indicate OOC speech.
    e. Post containing only OOC chat are prohibited. Go to the Trollslum General Chat Thread or a private medium for that.
    f. Images posted here may consist of only standard sprites or AB (Alterniabound) sprites of your character. Meme/OOC images are forbidden; use common sense.
    g. If you want to roleplay something that isn't allowed (see below), there are other mediums for roleplaying: instant messengers, including the Pesterchum client; typewith.me or sync.in collaborative documents; and private messages.

3. Fights

Fights are a different kind of roleplay, so they need special rules. Please read this next important section carefully.

a. Avoid fights if possible! There are usually other options besides instantly pulling out a weapon, so try the peaceful options first. Your troll may be violent or you may want to show off your character's skills, but this is a place for character development. This doesn't mean that you are prohibited from playing a mean of provocative character, just know your limits!
    b. If you must engage in a fight, please contact the other players privately (PM/chat client) to plan things out. It is good to have an end result and a plan to avoid annoying one-upmanship contests.
    c.Follow fighting etiquette: describe your character's actions thoroughly. Avoid godmodding. A good example of roleplaying an action is: “I aim at your character’s face and fire.” It explains the action and gives the other character a chance to respond.
    An example of godmodding is: "I stab your character in the jugular vein." You don't have control over the other character's actions.
    d. Do not get involved in someone else's fight! There are exceptions, such as if your troll is in a quadrant, or if they are friends with a participant. Trolls generally don't care about other trolls' problems if they don't know them.

4. Romance

Quadrants ARE needed for a troll to avoid culling, but the Café is a public setting. Trolls are shy about their quadrants (seen in canon), so they won't go to a public place just to make out. Relationship progress is important for character development, but sloppy makeouts are not.

*Anything above PG-13 such as fondling, grouping, lewd, sexual, or questionable behavior is forbidden. Take it to a private chat.
    *If you bring a character in solely to have make-outs, a moderator may ask you to leave.

5. Problems

Problems will happen, whether they be excessive fights, godmodding, or another player causing drama. If you have a problem with someone, contact them privately and politely, not in the thread.

The mod team will only contact you for legitimate reasons; we aim to create a good RP atmosphere, not to harass individuals.

The mods will try to keep the peace, and if one of them sees a problem involving your character they will send you a polite PM asking for an explanation. Characters will be asked to leave if they cause constant problems, violate the rules, or need revision.

6. Rule Changes

The rules may be changed at any time without notification, so it's wise to check the rules occasionally. Remember the goal is to have fun, so be polite and enjoy yourselves!

Archives

EB Sprite made by Steev, OOC Handle: imaginitiveNarcoleptic

[|:| Mix, mix, swirl, mix. mr_19's Avatar

Re: Trollslum Cafe LXXVII: Free Amputations Nightly! (Updated rules please read)

[|.| First off I might get you some icecream, followed by a show, then we could cuddle and talk about our feelings.
    He drops her and starts digging in his hat
    [|.| Or~ I could just torture you.
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/882...walkaround.pngUblich sprite made by finepoint and Semoce sprite made by Weeaboo. EB sprites by santa Steevhttp://img37.imageshack.us/img37/493...walkaround.png

Re: Trollslum Cafe LXXVII: Free Amputations Nightly! (Updated rules please read)

The Honey blood just chuckled, Sitting upright for a moment, slamming her bottle down on the table.

Ya know, that's EXACTLY what he kept screaming as I did it! Kept shouting "This Doesn't Seem Physically Possible". Poor bastard couldn't even accept what was happening to 'im!
    Guess I'mma Spoiler Everything :T

I'll unveil your flawed logic Strider's Avatar

Horrin throws a few more fluffies to complete the fluffy mountain that is now surrounding Skehth, and then stops.

((repost for new thread ninja))

"My intentions are what I make of them."

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Thunk.

ThE formEr soUnds way bEttEr to Shyama.

Sooo ridicious.
    what... no... your whatever it iss... iss to do what i ssay... sso sstop it...
    Ellair are you seriously having a conversation with your husktop?
    I've just become a lurker, for now.
    Click here for fantrolls

He taps his cheek with his finger and is casually kicking shyama.
    [|.| I'm fairly partial to the latter. Good thing your opinion doesn't mHATter!
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/882...walkaround.pngUblich sprite made by finepoint and Semoce sprite made by Weeaboo. EB sprites by santa Steevhttp://img37.imageshack.us/img37/493...walkaround.png

[[Ublich is a master in Alternian Slam Poetry]]

AAAAAND it's you again. Yuppers.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Opening her mouth and saying ow gives her an idea. The next time he kicks, she chomps down on his ankle.

Ain't no air fighta! Flamerider64's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

((Oh, whoopsie, this new thread just happened))

Alright Ava stop lording it over.

As generous as he is, I do not. He does have a lot of money, do not get me wrong, it is just you do not exactly need them.
    Both of your eyes are perfectly intact. And I should hope for your sake they stay that way.

Just because a robotic eye is cool doesn't mean it's comfortable.

Someplace Else I'll get back to you on the specifics

Calhad throws his arms up into the air.
    ----Tis peasant witchcraft even when not being practised by actual serfs ----Art thee going to quibble at everything I dub thee as sirrah?

((reposted))
    "Most people lie to themselves to keep sane" ~The Necromancer

((OH GOD DID I RHYME LAST TIME?))
    Ankle bitten but hes still swinging his leg, something special about not feeling anything.
    [|.| Now how am I going to un-beach this whale and get her back to my lab...

((OOC: Okay, yeah, Red vs Blue reference for sure. Nice one, Frog.))

You are a little bit terrified.

The tattoo chick seems insulted by the idea of telling her stories for a radio show, oddly enough.

w-Well, yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. Don't have my rradio equipment with me rright now, though, got 12th Perrigree's Eve songs going on loop back at the hive. I'm surre Alterrnia would love to hearr about you sometime, mis~SZZTT~...?*#

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

LEavinG mE hErE wiLL work jUst fin!

Manically Depressed Nightcastle's Avatar

Kempah is mortified as well. That fake smile is followed by nervous chuckling.

C=//////> Hehe... I guess you have some very nice tales, then...

Swing me a pester at acheronianTarantula or alexandrianAdvancements for OOC discussion and random chats.
    Currently on Pesterchum as Kempah Treyoh-sparringSeer
    Trolls lie within.

[whoops! i can't see it seems]

✿ it's NOt witchcraft, it's a NaturaL POwEr i was hatchEd with.
    Corben rolls his eyes.
    ✿ dEPENds ON hOw wrONg yOu are.
    I've just become a lurker, for now.
    Click here for fantrolls

[|.| Hahaha! no. Hey...
    He looks down at his bleeding ankle.
    [|.| Really, bottom feeder?
    Before what he drank wears off he starts lifting and dragging her out.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Whv do vou think thet mv stories would interest vour listeners, Promo? Thev're more personel to me then fenciful teles.
    Promo? You're loosing your touch, Kap.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Oh dEar cod!

This fish is fried.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Pirana nods towards Horrin, smiling again.

i have to nak leave for now, sorry. see you naknak sometime else, bite.

Pirana gives another goodbye hug before leaving. Pirana, stop doing that. It works with friends, sure, but it's awkward for people you barely know.
    PC is nocturnalStoryteller. Feel free to pester me!

Mitrah just frowns slightly, then shrugs.

Oh...okay...

Mellivora just smiled, then held out her bottle in turn to the two scared trolls.

Here...Ya want a drink? ya both look a little pale! A few sips of this and ye'll be right as rain!

She Tried to look encouraging. A very small voice in the back of her mind tells her that perhaps it wasn't a good Idea to relive one of her more...brutal fights. She, as always, ignores that voice. What does it know? Stupid common sense.
    Guess I'mma Spoiler Everything :T

You order yourself a Faygo and commence the idling. Yup. So exciting, huh?

I'll unveil your flawed logic Strider's Avatar

And Horrin is hugged again. He managed to not break this time though. It's still kind of awkward for him since this is only the second time meeting Pirana.
    Horrin leaves a few minutes after Pirana, because the author has things to do.

"My intentions are what I make of them."

Manically Depressed Nightcastle's Avatar

C=//////> No thanks, I don't drink...

She finishes her coffee and puts the empty cup off to the side to throw out later.

Swing me a pester at acheronianTarantula or alexandrianAdvancements for OOC discussion and random chats.
    Currently on Pesterchum as Kempah Treyoh-sparringSeer
    Trolls lie within.

Trollslum Cafe Regular Tekkenfreak4's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Varnak comes in through the door, that he held open with his telekinesis...
    He looks around for someone... Nope, not here.
    He calls out "5" and out comes a cylinder of some sort...
    He activates it whine in a reverse grip and a green glowing blade comes out.
    Varnak... He is a real Jedi, bitches!
    OOC / Self insert FanHuman's Handle: acidReign
    My main blog

Page 1 of 98 12341151 ... LastLast