MSPA Forums
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2485

Thread: The MSPA Simple Questions Thread

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Re: The MSPA Simple Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Hundred View Post
    Also, this is random, but would someone mind linking me to the page where the Summoner is seen? He was only seen in one page, right?
    I'm looking for it because of reasons.
    Sure, it's page 5658. That's basically the only time we see him apart from his appearance as Rufio.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

hass the charts Music Team Tenebrais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    My turn: we don't know where this Emissary of the Horrorterrors lusus strangling the Frog Temple came from, do we? Gl'ybgolyb was the only Squid The Size Of Texas on Alternia, and it raised both the Condesce and Feferi, swapping allegiances between them, and is now dead and sprite'd, right? The other lusus species seem to have come from Alternia, unless I'm misreading Dirk here, so we just don't know where this one came from?
    Correct, we don't know. Since the original Gl'bgolyb was a "gift" from Doc Scratch, it can be inferred that Lord English is the reason she has it, especially given its apparent role in keeping her ambitions in check. But even that is speculation.

Your Freedom For THIS Beef The_Codfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    Indeed, it doesn't seem that there are going to be any meteors at all, since there's no Reckoning: just the eight baby meteors sent from B1's Skaia, and the Frog Temple meteor, yet unexplained. So in hindsight, we never should have expected the one heading for Jane's house to be a meteor! Hussiiiiiiie!

My turn: we don't know where this Emissary of the Horrorterrors lusus strangling the Frog Temple came from, do we? Gl'ybgolyb was the only Squid The Size Of Texas on Alternia, and it raised both the Condesce and Feferi, swapping allegiances between them, and is now dead and sprite'd, right? The other lusus species seem to have come from Alternia, unless I'm misreading Dirk here, so we just don't know where this one came from?
    Remember the Horrorterrors in Rose's GRIMOIRE FOR SUMMONING THE ZOOLOGICALLY DUBIOUS? It seems that the smaller Horrorterrors aren't unique at all (we see them swarm around the next largest Horrorterror in each page), so it could be that there are more of Gl'bgolyb's "type" hiding in the Furthest Ring. And the Condesce just got another one, in the same way that Doc Scratch got the first.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    Remember the Horrorterrors in Rose's GRIMOIRE FOR SUMMONING THE ZOOLOGICALLY DUBIOUS? It seems that the smaller Horrorterrors aren't unique at all (we see them swarm around the next largest Horrorterror in each page), so it could be that there are more of Gl'bgolyb's "type" hiding in the Furthest Ring. And the Condesce just got another one, in the same way that Doc Scratch got the first.
    This seems most plausible to me, especially given that the Condesce would have had to travel through said ring to get to where she was going

or something

Guys, I need to know what are the pages that have the lillypad with all 12 trolls after they defeated the black king and are about to claim their reward. Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrais View Post
    Thanks a bunch!

(edit, figured that first part out) I went looking for what the Condesce's time line looks like and got confused again. So she's made in A1 with KK, takes the longest to get to her portal, goes to Scratches place, spends the entire storyline growing up or whatever, goes BACK to A1, rules over the trolls, sets out for B2 when A1 ends, then arrives in the new story?
    Last edited by zibbazabba905; 04-25-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    "I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art..........I don't do that so much anymore." -Banksy

The Handmaid was only brought to the Battleship Condescension for a few seconds, to suffocate her into submission. The ship at that time was on the way from the outer reaches of the trolls' empire to check up on the damage done to Alternia.

As for Feferi's ancestor, her timeline is still rather opaque - her creation via ectobiology is clear, as well as her rule over Alternia for a very long time, probably several millennia. However, we only know she is present in both instances of Earth, and in both cases, she was present before the impact of the first baby-meteor. She could conceivably be present in both pre- and post-scratch Earth while travelling from the troll to the human universe only once.

On pre-scratch Earth, she "disappeared" at some point, but it's not clear whether she just went into hiding or left that universe altogether.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
    Aradia's ancestor was on the same ship as the Condesce with scratch, and at least as of lord english's arriva- I mean, showing up in the comic, is still alive? I went looking for what the Condesce's time line looks like and got confused again. So she's made in A1 with KK, takes the longest to get to her portal, goes to Scratches place, spends the entire storyline growing up or whatever, goes BACK to A1, rules over the trolls, sets out for B2 when A1 ends, then arrives in the new story?
    I'll try to sift around that confusing paragraph of words (understandably because time shit is hard to word good) Alright, so:

- The original troll players scratch their session (A1)
    - Karkat does ectobiology and creates him, the other trolls, and their ancestors in this new session (A2)

Answering the Aradiacestor being alive thing is easy: she isn't. The Condesce killed her and Lord English took her in as his new servant. Answering Aradiacestor's timeline:

- Gets made with ectobiology
    - Is the last meteor to get sent to Alternia, not the longest to get to a portal
    - Due to Alternia getting Vast Glubbed, Scratch took her in and raised her for part of her childhood
    - She escapes from Scratch when Hussie breaks the Fourth Wall and beats him up
    - Escape fails and gets taken in by Lord English as her servant
    - She is then forced by English to fuck up troll history and make them the species as we know them today
    - Once that's all said and done, English makes her go recruit the Condesce, the other last living troll
    - The Condesce presumably/does kill her and English takes her in as his new servant
    - Aradia's Ancestor/The Handmaid/The Demoness does not affect the plot further from this point

Here's the Condesce timeline if I remember it correctly:

- Is one of the original troll players that scratched
    - Post Scratch (B2), she rules over Troll Society as the Condesce
    - While the trolls play SGrub, she's off on galactic conquest
    - When Feferi enters, Gl'bgolyb lets loose the Vast Glub and kills off every single troll in that universe bar the ones already in the game, Feferi, and the Condesce
    - The Condesce spends 413/612 years/sweeps travelling back to Alternia
    - When she gets there she's confronted by Aradia's Ancestor
    - She kills Aradia's Ancestor and gets taken in as Lord English's new servant
    - She somehow gets sent to the Kids' universe (B1) and assumes the alias Betty Crocker. Whatever the hell she does aside from being a baking baroness is unknown I think
    - The session scratches and the Condesce plays a bigger role in the new universe (B2)
    - She still keeps the alias Betty Crocker, but only after Jane enters on 11/11/11 does she reveal herself as an alien from another universe
    - Humanity's civilization from there goes straight down the toilet
    - At some point, the Condesce enters the Medium and overthrows the Derse monarchy and makes herself the new queen of Derse

Hoo boy, hope that summation of stuff helped. (I think I lost track of what the answer I was supposed to provide was)

@Treehugger: The problem with that is she would've had to arrive before the timeline splits, which means she would have arrived before the Frog Temple and the first guardian, since these are different in the pre- and post-scratch universes. This would mean that she has been around for a rrrreeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy long time, and you'd think she would've gotten her plan into motion by then.
    Also, assuming she brought the Lusus Naturae with her, why would they appear in B2 but not B1?

The Verdant Vagabond crypticMushroom's Avatar
    Land of Plains and Mountains (New Mexico)

Could you guys help me find the page(s) with the duel between Bro and Jack on the Beat Mesa?
    I seem to remember an animation...
    DAVE: you dont ask about mayo thats not what you do with mayo

My Forum Adventure:
    http://i.imgur.com/i1ZLpNV.gif

VVVV My favorite Forum Adventures by others! VVVV

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by crypticMushroom View Post
    Could you guys help me find the page(s) with the duel between Bro and Jack on the Beat Mesa?
    I seem to remember an animation...
    It's Descend at the end of act 4, but it only goes for a couple of seconds. There's a slightly longer fight in Jade: Enter, but not on the Beat Mesa.

EDIT: grrr, ninja'd.

It's not clear whether the Condesce went to B1 before B2, or vice versa, or whether both Batterwitches are even the same person (it could be the case that B1 Crocker and B2 Crocker are from different timelines, or even that B1 Crocker is not Condesce at all).

All that we know for certain is that the Condesce is B2 Crocker.
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in COOLNESS!

Detroit - The REAL middle finger of Michigan

When will UU/uu finally be introduced?

That remains a mystery! Could be months away. Could be days.

That remains a mystery! Could be months away. Could be days.
    Aw, that sucks! Also, what's with the whole ancestors thing for the post scratch kids?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

The post-Scratch ancestors are the post-Scratch versions of John, Jade, Rose, and Dave.

John is Poppop, and much like Nanna because Jane lives in the same time John once did. Jade is Grandma, and is the same way.

Rose and Dave are Roxy's Mom and Dirk's Bro, and are adults in 2011 and after. They fought Betty Crocker, scored some victories, but were ultimately killed. Because Roxy and Dirk live 400 years in the future, they view them more as ancestors than direct parents. In reality, Roxy and Dirk are the genetic parents of Rose and Dave, and Jane and Jake the genetic parents of Poppop and Grandma. All of them are duplicates of the original set of eight we saw over the course of the first five acts of Homestuck.
    WARNING: Contents of my posts may be more sardonic than they appear.

Skype Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    The post-Scratch ancestors are the post-Scratch versions of John, Jade, Rose, and Dave.

John is Poppop, and much like Nanna because Jane lives in the same time John once did. Jade is Grandma, and is the same way.

Rose and Dave are Roxy's Mom and Dirk's Bro, and are adults in 2011 and after. They fought Betty Crocker, scored some victories, but were ultimately killed. Because Roxy and Dirk live 400 years in the future, they view them more as ancestors than direct parents. In reality, Roxy and Dirk are the genetic parents of Rose and Dave, and Jane and Jake the genetic parents of Poppop and Grandma. All of them are duplicates of the original set of eight we saw over the course of the first five acts of Homestuck.
    Ah, okay. Didn't know those two lived in the future, maybe I should have read a bit more of those chat logs in less time.

Hope you don't mind if I keep throwung a bunch of questions here!

So, post scratch Rose and Dave are alive at the time of Jake and Jane, or am I mistaken?
    Also, how is this playthrough of Sburb Alpha supposed to work out with two players 400 years into the future?

Yeah, Jake and Jane are around to see Rose publishing books and Dave releasing movouves.

Though Roxy and Dirk are 400 years in the future, their computers are in sync with Jake and Jane (thanks to software UU gave them). So when they enter the Medium they'll be within the same timeframe.

Yeah, Jake and Jane are around to see Rose publishing books and Dave releasing movouves.

Though Roxy and Dirk are 400 years in the future, their computers are in sync with Jake and Jane (thanks to software UU gave them). So when they enter the Medium they'll be within the same timeframe.
    Where did it mention uU giving them said software?

Recently. "Our alien friend gave us a special chat client".

Am I the only one hoping that John actually did something useful for the resistance??

You are most certainly not!

I like to imagine John Crocker spending his entire life playing along with the Condesce, earning the trust of her and her associates, then setting up for one big move that would take down the whole institution.
    Only to get hit by a baby-bearing meteor before it comes to fruition.

Not really a story question though.