MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollslum Cafe LXXXII: Never Trust Random Strangers With Needles

Trollslum Cafe LXXXII: Never Trust Random Strangers With Needles

Welcome to the Trollslum Café!

Our Guiding Principle: We are fans of Homestuck, and of the trolls in particular. We like to make fantrolls, and we love to roleplay them. And so, once upon a time, this thread was created as a place to host new, undeveloped trolls so that players could flesh them out while interacting with other characters. This is the primary purpose of the Café.

Moderators

There are moderators to keep quality control of the Café. They will enforce rules, post new threads, and are generally around to help you if you have a problem or a question that needs answering. The current list of mods are..

Suds McFuddle
    Steev
    Overlard
    Araiss
    Cliff_Racer
    Blank
    Ocfos

Notice to newer players: We highly encourage you to post a profile in the trollslum thread or in the critique thread before starting your roleplaying experience in the Café. Getting some feedback on your character before you start playing can help you make a better character and avoid some common pitfalls.

Below are some rules that we would like you to follow when you post in the Café. Please read them carefully, whether you are new or old to the Café!

1. Characters and Settings

The Café is located somewhere on Alternia (the troll homeworld populated by the young). Any troll on Alternia can access it. Mutants, aliens, and freaks overall are not accepted. This means no aliens (humans included), abominations, undead, ghosts, robots*, freaks*, and mutants*. General fandom for adult trolls starts at 10 sweeps and older, which means they would be off planet in the fleet or culled for failing to provide genetic material at that age, so trolls over 10 sweeps are strongly discouraged*.

* <- The above asterisks note exceptions for good cause: if you're sending a troll of this nature in the Café, they must have a good reason to be alive (or still on the planet, in the case of adults). If your character falls into one of these categories, the moderators will ask you to justify the reason for them to be considered an exception to the rules. These exceptions must all be of Trollish origin as this is the Trollslum Cafe. Also a good rule of thumb is that it shouldn't force every single head to turn if they enter the cafe.

The Café is also set outside of a SGRUB or S***B continuity. No troll knows about any game information or about humans. Aspects and characters from what would be from a SGRUB or S***B session (god tier/S***B powers) are also banned, save them for a session roleplay.

2. Participating in the Café; Guidelines for Posting

There are no pre-requisites for joining the Café. Simply jump in and start a conversation with someone who is unoccupied.

a. Indicate which character you are speaking to if you are starting a conversation. If there is no name, be as specific as possible.
    b. You can quote the previous post to enhance the clarity of responses, but use spoiler tags and do not post quote pyramids. You can be infracted for this.
    c. Before beginning a conversation, make sure the character isn't already talking to someone. Interrupting a one-on-one conversation is rude, though planned interruptions are fine. If they tell you to go away please respect that decision.
    d. When speaking OOC (out-of-character, as yourself) use (( parentheses )) or [[ brackets ]] to indicate OOC speech.
    e. Post containing only OOC chat are prohibited. Go to the Trollslum General Chat Thread or a private medium for that.
    f. Images posted here may consist of only standard sprites or AB (Alterniabound) sprites of your character. Meme/OOC images are forbidden; use common sense.
    g. If you want to roleplay something that isn't allowed (see below), there are other mediums for roleplaying: instant messengers, including the Pesterchum client; typewith.me or sync.in collaborative documents; and private messages.

3. Fights

Fights are a different kind of roleplay, so they need special rules. Please read this next important section carefully.

a. Avoid fights if possible! There are usually other options besides instantly pulling out a weapon, so try the peaceful options first. Your troll may be violent or you may want to show off your character's skills, but this is a place for character development. This doesn't mean that you are prohibited from playing a mean of provocative character, just know your limits!
    b. If you must engage in a fight, please contact the other players privately (PM/chat client) to plan things out. It is good to have an end result and a plan to avoid annoying one-upmanship contests.
    c.Follow fighting etiquette: describe your character's actions thoroughly. Avoid godmodding. A good example of roleplaying an action is: “I aim at your character’s face and fire.” It explains the action and gives the other character a chance to respond.
    An example of godmodding is: "I stab your character in the jugular vein." You don't have control over the other character's actions.
    d. Do not get involved in someone else's fight! There are exceptions, such as if your troll is in a quadrant, or if they are friends with a participant. Trolls generally don't care about other trolls' problems if they don't know them.

4. Romance

Quadrants ARE needed for a troll to avoid culling, but the Café is a public setting. Trolls are shy about their quadrants (seen in canon), so they won't go to a public place just to make out. Relationship progress is important for character development, but sloppy makeouts are not.

*Anything above PG-13 such as fondling, grouping, lewd, sexual, or questionable behavior is forbidden. Take it to a private chat.
    *If you bring a character in solely to have make-outs, a moderator may ask you to leave.

5. Problems

Problems will happen, whether they be excessive fights, godmodding, or another player causing drama. If you have a problem with someone, contact them privately and politely, not in the thread.

The mod team will only contact you for legitimate reasons; we aim to create a good RP atmosphere, not to harass individuals.

The mods will try to keep the peace, and if one of them sees a problem involving your character they will send you a polite PM asking for an explanation. Characters will be asked to leave if they cause constant problems, violate the rules, or need revision.

6. Rule Changes

The rules may be changed at any time without notification, so it's wise to check the rules occasionally. Remember the goal is to have fun, so be polite and enjoy yourselves!

Archives

EB Sprite made by Steev, OOC Handle: imaginitiveNarcoleptic

Avatar by Asu aimlessMastermind's Avatar
    Charleston, SC, USA, North America, Earth, Sol system

Re: Trollslum Cafe LXXXII: Never Trust Random Strangers With Needles

Yeah, this is not how this is supposed to go down, at all. He actually does stop thinking about that, for a moment, as a self-preservational instinct. He keeps backing up, heading for that door and wondering where he went wrong. A longer torture session would have worked wonders and kept him safe for forever, he is admonishing himself. He wishes that he could just tell them all about how real his undead virus is and how terrified they should be of him, but they do not look like they are in the mood, at the moment.

Time for nervous laughter and one last gambit, |—[But didn't I make you better? They were kind of a joke, but they're great! Come on! What, did you want bigger?]—˛ Running with it, he points at Inniss with his needle. |—[Or how about something for your friend here?]—˛
    My computer finally swallowed a Pesterchum, for real, this time! Type at aimlessMastermind, for efficiency, or request a troll, for silliness.

Troll stuff, now hiding:

Scourge of Umbrage Teslamagnetic Integration's Avatar

『Run and you might make it.』 Inniss got very close by lengthening his stride.
    [spoiler]
    OCs:

a a joke joke?! is is that what kidnapping someone and mutilating their body against their will is to you!?
    Echo ditches the sledgehammer idea and turns it into a small dagger, then chucks it in Zaniti's direction. Whether or it it hits is up to AM.
    you you deserve a painful death death!

◎ 0kay. ◎
    She gets up, taking his hand, and goes along with him.
    I've just become a lurker, for now.
    Click here for fantrolls

Trollslum Cafe Regular Tekkenfreak4's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

They head to the backrooms for Weapons Training 101.
    And then the author goes to bed.

((Good night, everyone))
    OOC / Self insert FanHuman's Handle: acidReign
    My main blog

Not sure what those fancy Santas are all about and not about to stick around to find out without some kind of game plan, Zaniti is about to abscond. He is unfortunately distracted, though, when Echoni does something magical with that wand of his. He dodges late, and the thing scrapes an arm. |—[Ah!]—« He shoots a hand at his pocket and presses something. |—[Alright, you can be my example, then, Lady Echoni!]—« The thing that he pressed is the thing that should spread that undead virus that he had all kinds of fun with gloating about, while installing. It might or might not actually work. If it does, Echoni goes for the nearest brains or something zombie-ish!
    My computer finally swallowed a Pesterchum, for real, this time! Type at aimlessMastermind, for efficiency, or request a troll, for silliness.

Troll stuff, now hiding:

Echo instantly freezes up, feeling something going awry in these new implants...
    Dear god. Whether or not it works, that is debatable. Either way, Echo immediately runs straight for Zaniti.
    ANTIDOTE ANTIDOTE NOW NOW!
    Better hand it over Zaniti, he may be small but he's still a seadweller and he will fuck yo shit up.
    And by your shit I mean he will snap your bones.
    Click here for fantrolls

『I'm thinkin' locking in an outhouse, and burying it.』
    [spoiler]
    OCs:

Ack! Tiny seadweller rush! He backs up, trips, and sprawls. Thinking that the reaction happened a lot faster than normal, he waves his needle at Inniss frantically. |—[Not me, you idiot! Go for the yellowblood's brains, the yellowblood!]—« Huh. Yellowblood.

He freezes for a moment, to try for a glimpse at Inniss's ancestor. Something easily exploitable that carried directly to his descendant would be awesome, right about now.

Troll stuff, now hiding:

『Quick, while he's distracted!』
    [spoiler]
    OCs:

Echo balls his hand into a fist and punches Zaniti.
    GIVE GIVE ME THE ANTIDOTE NOW NOW!
    He readies another punch.
    Click here for fantrolls

Rather terrified of Inniss and those fancy Santas, at the moment, he folds under the punch and lies there, for a moment. When able, he slides a hand out to sign at his sylladex. A bottle pops out, which he holds to his chest. |—[Of course! I apologize! Ah, take these, twice daily!]—« He then slithers out of the cafe to nurse his various wounds. Inside of the bottle is just a needle filled with some vile-looking liquid. Apparently, Zaniti can still joke?

Troll stuff, now hiding:

『...Don't tell me the virus crap was serious.』
    [spoiler]
    OCs:

Echo opens the bottle and stares at the syringe, then decides to risk it and injects himself with some of it.. ugh...
    yes yes he was serious serious! he he wouldn't shut up about it the whole time i was there there! i i don't want to take any chances especially since i felt something.
    Echo is understandably, completely horrified. At least he's not crying?
    Click here for fantrolls

『A redblood could totally afford the resources necessary for that. Come off it, you fell victim to a scare tactic. Just get some rest and you'll feel better in the evening. Besides, I gotta go now if I wanna make it back in time before sunrise. Have fun with...well, everything!』 With that Inniss left.
    [spoiler]
    OCs:

Well... even if it was a scare tactic...
    f-fine f-fine... see see you later inniss inniss...
    And with that, Echo runs on home to go fret over his health until he falls asleep.
    Click here for fantrolls

avoids cliches like the plague Rai-CH's Avatar
    Land of EVERYTHING TRYING TO KILL YOU (Australia)
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

>Author: Lament the fact that barely anyone is online due to timezones.
    Well, have a Katrin. Who will just walk in a take a seat in a booth.
    And idle.
    I need a new pretentious quote to go here
    read huntersfollow a loserexamine nerds

Someplace Else I'll get back to you on the specifics

CIRRIN RUNFAR walks in shortly afterwards. Probably didn't like being left by himself and followed Katrin.
    "Most people lie to themselves to keep sane" ~The Necromancer

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Whoops did Katrin forget that Cirrin was probably still at her hive?? It seems she did.
    "<( Oh, uh, sorry Cirr'n. )"
    She leads him to the booth she was sitting at.
    "<( 'Nd sorry f' th' mess 't my hive, yet again. Prob'bly should've clean'd up b'forehand. )"

heh probably like is any part not covered in piles of stuff? CIRRIN RUNFAR has plenty of crates if you need something to put stuff it

He uses crates as chairs and tables in his hive.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

"<( Uh, no 't's fine. 'll find a place t' put my piles 'f things. )"
    Like combining piles together. Why have a scarf pile and a knife pile, when you can have a knifescarf pile?
    "<( But anyway, d' y' want a drink? Som'thin' t' eat, maybe? )"

He listens. The cafe sounds pretty empty. That's good, not may people see him fail at eating

CIRRIN RUNFAR could really use with a nice steak

CIRRIN RUNFAR can pay

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Suddenly, the cafe fills up with trol- no.
    "<( no, 't's fine. 'T's th' least I c'n do, I guess. )
    <( Still like y' steaks rare? )
    "
    Katrin waves over a serverbot, ordering a Trollka Cruiser for herself and waits for Cirrin's reply.

sure do nice and juicy as always

He smiles knowing that Katrin remembered the way he like them.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Katrin then completes the order and suddenly there is a nice rare steak right in front of Cirrin.
    "<( So uh, do y' have any idea when y'd get new eyes 'r whatev'r? )"
    Katrin did hear a little bit of a certain Trollian conversation, just to add. She didn't stick around to eavesdrop, as she was busy attempting to make her hive blind troll-friendly.

Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast