MSPA Forums

Thread: Particularly Good Dinosaur Comic Strips?

Cool Particularly Good Dinosaur Comic Strips?

Hey all,

A friend of mine is a big Dinosaur Comics fan and I wanted to get him a print for Christmas. However, I'm not very familiar with the comics and don't have the time to trawl all the way through the archives finding the highlights of the comics.

So could you guys please give me some suggestions about what strips he might find particularly worth having a print of?

Thanks,
    Shanodin :3

Re: Particularly Good Dinosaur Comic Strips?

After long years of being a devoted fan I have discovered that personal favorites are vary a lot from person to person. I think it's because all strips are excellent.

I particulary like the recent "as she is played" series, specially poker and hide and seek. Also this one about penis fencing.

Also also this one about beach balls just because of the second panel.

But ALSO depending on your relationship with him you could pick a comic that acts as a touching metaphor for it (i.e. if you are or have been his roommate you get him the print for the comic in which T-Rex's homosexual affair with utahraptor is revealed and wink after giving it to him)

Let me hypnotise you into the 4th dimension!

It's kind of hard narrowing down the field when all we know about him is he likes Dinosaur Comics. That's like saying he likes awesome things. And with what Epamyondas said about everybody's tastes being different in mind, you can try hitting random comics (the link at the top where T-Rex is responding to Utahraptor) and see if there is anything that looks like your friend will particularly like. It's kind of like archive trawling, but with a more excitingly eccentric orbit. Good luck!
    I have spoilers now?
    What's up with that?

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

One of the web card comics might make a good present. Like this one or this one or this one.

Not only are they designed to be given to one person by another (kind of), subverting the purpose of a web card by turning it into a physical object has some comedy value. Right?
    Last edited by mysteriousOutsider; 11-24-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks for the ideas, folks. I like the webcard ones and I'm considering one of them (the 'You're Great' one in particular I thought was amusing)

The one about beachballs is also pretty good, and T-Rex & Utahraptor's affair might be quite funny (He is, in fact, my room mate, though we could never have a homosexual affair, since I'm a girl)

I might do as Nimz suggested and just randomize it up a bit and see what I get, unless anyone knows of a strip about a very close but turbulant friendship?

Here's some friendship comics.

I'm actually just using this thread as an excuse to reread a lot of dinocomics.

Good work everyone! You suggested some good ones.

Thanks, Epamynodas, these are excellent

Cheers very much for all your help, folks!

Wiggler

Great info guys!!!
    thanks a lot.