MSPA Forums
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: MMORPGstuck (LOADSA PLAYERS)

Re: Possible MSPAF SBURB Session adventure plan (LOADSA PLAYERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Dark-Hearts View Post
    Okay yeah, this is a good idea.

Are there any ways to prevent certain groups of people forming a tight knit group, and maybe kind of force people who aren't adjacent to each other on the Client-Server chain interact a little bit? It will defeat the purpose if we play in small, 4 person clusters.

Edit: When Yrr sees Holly's list he should put them in the OP for reference for the DMs.
    Those smaller groups will also be affected if and when other people drop out either due to not posting often enough or dying permanently in-game. It'd be fun to have a really huge group, but also really complicated. Maybe we should see approximately how many people would be interested in signing up first?

EDIT: Ninja'd by a few people; having small groups that are cynamic and changing and forced to interact with other groups sounds fun.

Also, whoever ends up being the Time player had better do a good job because that role will be really confusing to handle, I think, especially if they decide to be like Dave and have tons of versions of themselves running around at once.
    Last edited by Daysi; 01-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Rooted Drifter/Prince of Void PumpkinMan's Avatar
    Right behind you... no, a bit to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Daysi View Post
    Those smaller groups will also be affected if and when other people drop out either due to not posting often enough or dying permanently in-game. It'd be fun to have a really huge group, but also really complicated. Maybe we should see approximately how many people would be interested in signing up first?

EDIT: Ninja'd by a few people; having small groups that are cynamic and changing and forced to interact with other groups sounds fun.

Also, whoever ends up being the Time player had better do a good job because that role will be really confusing to handle, I think, especially if they decide to be like Dave and have tons of versions of themselves running around at once.
    Especially if they try to have one of themself with every group to handle time stuff. Would get confusing fast.

Bec Noir is an Adorable Puppy Paradoxius's Avatar

My signature is getting rainbow-y.

As for time, I think maybe we can double up some aspects depending on size. An Heir of Time is very different from a Seer of Time, and having a few players for some aspects would be good. The only aspect we should only have one of is Space. Same thing with classes, especially Seers and Knights who have to play as support for their teams a lot.

Land of Weather and Kangaroos (Melbourne, Australia)

Maybe people in similar timezones could connect to each other in the client/server chain, for ease of communication? That way people don't get stuck waiting 6-8 hours for the client/server to get online.
    Fanstuck - The uncreatively named site where I display my Homestuck fancharacters.

Most of the abilities of the class/aspect combinations haven't been explained in-comic, and probably won't be, at this rate. How are we going to figure them all out, since making a list for every single combination is going to be one task almost no one will want to do (I'm up for it, unless someone else has a better idea)?

Knight of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxius View Post
    As for time, I think maybe we can double up some aspects depending on size. An Heir of Time is very different from a Seer of Time, and having a few players for some aspects would be good. The only aspect we should only have one of is Space. Same thing with classes, especially Seers and Knights who have to play as support for their teams a lot.
    Yar, given the way the original source is structured Sburb is a pretty small game; having a hundred players seems like the venture might end up collapsing under its own weight. I suppose when a MEGA-DM is elected, he/she will collaborate with the other DMs to create a ROSTER O'CRITICAL ASPECTS/CLASSES and ... I dunno, maybe either take submissions/recommendations based on the sub-DMs, based on their knowledge of their players' characters, or roll randomly or... Something? I'm going to sound INCREDIBLY LAME for a moment but I still rather like the land I made up for my dude. >_>; The aspect is totally non-Canon and I just read about the importance of the Knight class, so I would totally leave that up to whatever mechanism is decided here. XD I suppose small details like aspect/class/land for those who do not wish to play Critical Aspects/Classes could be negotiated with each player's respective sub-DM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
    Most of the abilities of the class/aspect combinations haven't been explained in-comic, and probably won't be, at this rate. How are we going to figure them all out, since making a list for every single combination is going to be one task almost no one will want to do (I'm up for it, unless someone else has a better idea)?
    To my own understanding, the only TOTALLY CRITICAL players that MUST be there are the 'Seer of X' and 'Y of Time.' The Seer of X is super duper important (froggetry and all that) and the Y of Time is responsible for trying to prevent everyone from dying due to their own stupidity/sabotage/etc.
    Last edited by vengeanceCreed; 01-09-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Rooted Drifter/Prince of Void PumpkinMan's Avatar
    Right behind you... no, a bit to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by vengeanceCreed View Post
    To my own understanding, the only TOTALLY CRITICAL players that MUST be there are the 'Seer of X' and 'Y of Time.' The Seer of X is super duper important (froggetry and all that) and the Y of Time is responsible for trying to prevent everyone from dying due to their own stupidity/sabotage/etc.
    "X of Space" I think you meant. But yeah, those seem to be the only required classes, one needed to succeed and one needed to reset if needed. The others seem like they could be anything.

Yes, but we can have a few Seers and a few Time players for such a big session. Sburb isn't meant to be a massive multiplayer, so we will have to take creative license as necessary. It's unrealistic to say we can do this with one Seer and one Hero of Time.

Pay no attention to my profile role.

e: we can get by, however, with only one Hero of space, but that will probably be a boring job.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Do you think it would be possible to suggest aspects? With this many players, it would be better to have original abilities than to have repetitively overlapping ones.

Edit: 300th post. huh, never noticed that.
    Last edited by wolftamer9; 01-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Knight of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMan View Post
    "X of Space" I think you meant. But yeah, those seem to be the only required classes, one needed to succeed and one needed to reset if needed. The others seem like they could be anything.
    Oh, derp. You're right. The 'X of Space' is responsible for the frog breedery, which makes him/her critical. The Seer is a support class like the Knight, so those are not strictly critical (but still extremely prominent) responsibilities.

EDIT: For reference - http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/w...ological_roles

Excerpt:

"Alternate Future Dave said that the game could not be finished with a dead Heir nor Witch, so these roles may be vital to completing the game, but this could have meant that the game cannot be beaten with any of the players dead. Doc Scratch implies that every session will have a Hero of Time (( NOTE: Every Session, meaning we could have several if we decide to kit this baby out like an MMO )) , and if the breeding duties are indeed linked to the Hero of Space they would be another constant in the game (( NOTE: The Hero of Space is a constant of the GAME; not necessarily of each session, although that might just be me reading it wrong )). Apart from this, the mechanical functions of the classes are unknown."
    Last edited by vengeanceCreed; 01-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Well, I think it can be inferred simply that the "Knight" player assists the "Hero of Space" player with the frog breeding duties. The "Hero of Time" doesn't seem to be specifically required to assist the "Space" player with the frog breeding duties (ex: Karkat being the "Knight of Blood" and assisting Kanaya with the frog breeding).

Not saying that the Time player isn't an essential requirement, just that they don't necessarily need to be concerned with frog duties.

Uses Abbrvtns 2 Condescend u Ace of Dark-Hearts's Avatar
    Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Yes, but we can have a few Seers and a few Time players for such a big session. Sburb isn't meant to be a massive multiplayer, so we will have to take creative license as necessary. It's unrealistic to say we can do this with one Seer and one Hero of Time.

Pay no attention to my profile role.

e: we can get by, however, with only one Hero of space, but that will probably be a boring job.
    Well, the hero of space is the first to awaken on prospit, and is likely to have direct contact with the FG, along with frog shenanigans, so I guess it's not all bad. They can probably coordinate all the junk with prospit and dreamselves.
    My tumblr. Also here is my art and music blog. Check 'em out, maybe?

Well, the hero of space is the first to awaken on prospit, and is likely to have direct contact with the FG, along with frog shenanigans, so I guess it's not all bad. They can probably coordinate all the junk with prospit and dreamselves.
    Well, I meant that Hero of Space might not be in such high demand, so it's not so bad if we have only one.

Land of Silhouettes and Motion/Land of Doors and Iron

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME ON SO MANY LEVEL!!

(can I be a Hero of Mind?)

Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Well, I meant that Hero of Space might not be in such high demand, so it's not so bad if we have only one.
    Oh, well yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wriggler needs a name View Post
    THIS THREAD IS AWESOME ON SO MANY LEVEL!!

(can I be a Hero of Mind?)
    I KNOW RIGHT???????

(No, we're having the DMs decide roles and planets.)

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Yeah, but everyone agrees that I should obviously be the Rogue of Space, as the mindvoting has already taken place.
    fitter happier more productive

Knight of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    Yeah, but everyone agrees that I should obviously be the Rogue of Space, as the mindvoting has already taken place.
    MINDVOTE: NOW WITH LASERS.

But yar, I'm still down with my original idea of having the CRITICAL ROLES be specified for specific people (e.g., those who want them) but then people playing non-critical roles can negotiate with their sub-DMs about what their class and aspect are. This'll allow people some flexibility; they can choose to be what they want within reason, but at the cost of spotlight time (with concerns to the "main story,") etc. etc.

Ambassador to Angry Brits bloodyEmissary's Avatar

My title is obscure and likely underpowered enough that I could easily use it.

But I do want to know what you guys would come up with
    3DS Friend Code: 3523-2221-1197
    http://i.imgur.com/C3AGU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/m5jMs.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/1ADIO.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/XOIPW.png

Knight of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    Gahh, wish this thing would stop eating my posts!

MINDVOTE: NOW WITH LASERS!

I'm still thinking it'd be a nice thing for those with CRITICAL roles to be selected beforehand, and for those who are not playing critical roles to be able to negotiate with their sub-DMs for their class/aspect. Kind of 'well, do I want the shiny thing I made up/chose or do I want more spotlight time in the main storyline?'

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyEmissary View Post
    My title is obscure and likely underpowered enough that I could easily use it.

But I do want to know what you guys would come up with
    The Invert of Purple?

Ambassador to Angry Brits bloodyEmissary's Avatar

The Invert of Purple?
    Sure why not.
    3DS Friend Code: 3523-2221-1197
    http://i.imgur.com/C3AGU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/m5jMs.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/1ADIO.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/XOIPW.png

Pronouns
    he/him/his

'well, do I want the shiny thing I made up/chose or do I want more spotlight time in the main storyline?'
    That's a joke, right? Option A.

My avatar scares me. newbonomicon's Avatar

Okay, so hear me out. I get that the idea is to have everyone be their real life selves. So on that note, I have a challenge.

Who among you can prove that, in real life, I am NOT a sentient tome of forbidden lore?

(It's no one, obviously, because I totally am that thing I said.)
    Project Autoquest: Why is this link still here, anyway?

Knight of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by wolftamer9 View Post
    That's a joke, right? Option A.
    Qua, not particularly. :x The original suggestion was to have the DMs issue ALL classes, aspects, and lands for all players.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast