MSPA Forums
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: PREQUEL suggestion box (thread 5)

Definity NOT a Wiggler Forthan Eldiar's Avatar

Re: PREQUEL suggestion box

on second thought, use your eye of fear on the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by roboritch View Post
    Katia remember slaughterfish bleed, if you kill them while their in the water you will contaminant the well! If you really want to do this you have to get them out of the water first, having all of kvatch mad at you for poisoning the well is not a good idea.
    Slaughterfish blood isn't poisonous. If anything it'll add a nice taste to the water like a rare steak has cow blood... mmmm... cow blood...

the republic of the intergalactic republic of space's republic of republica

Quote Originally Posted by Grutor View Post
    >Provoke slaughterfish with tail then proceed with head chopping. If you need some sort of visualization, imagine them as jumping chocolate cakes and your taking a slice for yourself. O, shit wait...
    >If you kill the fish in the water you're going to contaminate it with fish blood. WTF were you thinking!?
    >You know what, use your fire spell instead so at least they'll die as fish sticks instead of uncooked sushi. Considering if you still have mana...
    fish blood wasn't deathly poisonous last i checked

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Fish blood, as well as any fish bits that are left behind when you haul up the corpses, will provide a wonderful growing environment for deadly bacteria. Remember, never drink still water that has a rotting carcass in it!

Katia: Use the eye of fear. And don't be scared of the Slaughter fish, you can't have slaughter without laughter... DON'T LAUGH!

Ohh.. That's how empty crates end up with equipment in them. The owners then die and the PC comes and scoops them up.

Katia: Kill
    Slaughterfish: Flounder and 'attempt' to attack Katia, but fail due to Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Soadreqm View Post
    Remember, never drink still water that has a rotting carcass in it!
    This is very hard to avoid, particularly in pre-industrial societies. If dead fish made lake water undrinkable, we'd all be living like the Fremen.
    "...Without stupidity, where would be the savor of superior understanding?" - Jack Vance
    A Stray to Botaram: a puzzle of anger, loss and redemption.

I need no title

I concur with all the others saying to mind your tail. You don't want it getting bitten off, it will not grow back.
    Tuck it inside your clothes or something.

And I hope no one steals all your stuff while you're down this well. It'd suck to lose your gold and the one thing keeping you from accidentally burning the whole town down.

Alright which one of you jokesters thought it was a good idea for Katia to leave all of her valuables in some misc crate?

Katia: Be the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Soadreqm View Post
    Fish blood, as well as any fish bits that are left behind when you haul up the corpses, will provide a wonderful growing environment for deadly bacteria. Remember, never drink still water that has a rotting carcass in it!
    Depends how far Kazerad goes with video game physics vs. fictional realism. I mean, in Oblivion, corpses don't decay. They just stay where they are, perfectly conserved, until you leave the area for at least three days. (Unless they are marked as being persistent, like some NPCs are. Then they just stay forever. Random fish would not be marked as being persistent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsy View Post
    Alright which one of you jokesters thought it was a good idea for Katia to leave all of her valuables in some misc crate?
    I think it was Gharug.

Nah but seriously, it's not a bad idea, as long as no adventurer enters the city right now. There's just no way she could be entirely safe: if she keeps her stuff on her, it'll fall in the wall (with or without her); if she puts it aside it'll get stolen while she's busy. This way, at least she has a hope of getting them back not soaking wet if she tracks down and begs the inevitable thief.

Unholy Necromancer Righteous Almond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsy View Post
    No one will take her robes, she shed all over them. And most people don't stop to look in crates very often, I can hide stuff in crates for weeks (In Oblivion. I live in Detroit, I'm not stupid enough to do that in real life.) and it will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Club559 View Post
    Katia: Be the rope.
    NO! Don't be the rope, it will fail when it's needed most!

Katia: Use your tail as bait and as soon as a fish comes jumping out to take a bite, BAM! Blast that bitch with some fireball action!

Well now that we have you in a nice area where you can't miss (or harm anybody) let us begin operation "horrible pun deathstrike" You can't tell me it doesn't affect you my dear Katia, I saw the amulet flash back in anvil, it's doing something.

I mean I'm not fishing for trouble, you're very deer to us after owl, I just notice you bearily hanging in hare so I'd eely like to lend you a hamd. First off it's a well so it'll be flippery, hold on tiger beclaws we don't want ewe to fall in for that woold be an udder disaster and not very fawny. Tuck your tail in a little closer it can toadly be bit off, adder girl! I skink we must be shrewd when dealing with the fish, things can beecome hare-owing quick. Anoa you think I'm just badgering you but you goat to sea I'm not a total loon, I'm trying to kelp you.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by JJA View Post
    This is very hard to avoid, particularly in pre-industrial societies. If dead fish made lake water undrinkable, we'd all be living like the Fremen.
    A lake usually has a vast, diverse ecosystem already, so the harmful-to-people stuff can't get as much of a foothold. There's also the ultraviolet radiation from the sun. A well is completely different. I don't know how much corpse there needs to be in the water to make it actually dangerous, though. Maybe it'll be fine, as long as Katia doesn't die in the well herself.

On the other hand, if she does die, the fish will eat her. Yeah, no worries there.

If Kaz did that, Squiggles, poor Kat would be in pieces.

Instead...
    >Katia: Taunt fish with tip of rope. When they jump up to bit it, smack them with the axe/hatchet/whatever. Once both are stunned, pick them up by the tail and smack'em against the wall until they're dead. MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS KEEP HOLD OF THE ROPE.

Katia, it may be too late now, but try this. Climb out of that well and head to the mage guild. When you're there, kindly ask a very scary necromancer if he can teach you a resurrect corpse spell. That way you only have to kill one fish, and let it tear up the other when you cast the spell on it.

Alternian Humanitarian DestinedFateX's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Katia:

.............or so you thought you did. It seems somebody has rescued you from death, but who?
    Last edited by DestinedFateX; 01-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Hidden so deep in veils of deceit
    Imprisoned in twisting spells
    Are we the plaything of fiends, or merely the dreams
    That we're telling ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Almond View Post
    That way you only have to kill one fish, and let it tear up the other when you cast the spell on it.
    That being said how can two (or more) creatures that only feel hate co-exist in a habitat that's only like 2 feet round.

Katia now that your down near the water, can you get any better details? Like how deep the water is? If you can only still see 2 slaughter fish? If the stone walls are loose and threaten to cave in? (or possibly be a good way to scale back up in the event of a plan B)

SlaughterFish: Explain how you got in there.
    Last edited by HeartInRightPlace; 01-21-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartInRightPlace View Post
    That being said how can two (or more) creatures that only feel hate co-exist in a habitat that's only like 2 feet round.

Katia now that your down near the water, can you get any better details? Like how deep the water is? If you can only still see 2 slaughter fish? If the stone walls are loose and threaten to cave in? (or possibly be a good way to scale back up in the event of a plan B)

SlaughterFish: Explain how you got in there.
    I don't think a SlaughterFish's tiny, underdeveloped brain can explain how it got there. As far as it knows, that could be the entire world. Maybe some Alchemist tripped and dropped some ingredients into the well, like SlaughterFish eggs.

You know, if you went to the Mage guild's meeting, you might be able to have them teach you a spell that'd help you take care of the fish without risking your life...
    Perhaps a freezing spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwalker View Post
    You know, if you went to the Mage guild's meeting, you might be able to have them teach you a spell that'd help you take care of the fish without risking your life...
    Perhaps a freezing spell?
    She could, but it would take longer and wouldn't be as fun as just killing a single SlaughterFish and turning it into a zombie. Only Necromancers can understand the joy of ressurecting a corpse and having it do the dirty work.

>Katia: Remember, when you try to hit the slaughter fish, AIM BELOW WHERE THEY APPEAR TO BE. This because light refracts, or bends, when it moves into a slower medium, so if you aim at the fish, you'll end up missing them.

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast