MSPA Forums
Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2483

Thread: IDE/Theory Thread 23: The choicest of theories that money can buy

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Re: IDE/Theory Thread 23: Cal confirmed to be a cat

Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    I think we'll see not-timeskipped Dave and Rose one more time, for the confrontation with Gamzee. I'm not sure about John and Jade though. Maybe a reunion with their sprites?
    Jade's heartwarming reunion . . . with herself.

The nineteen-minute flash will be set to a loop of this song.

IDE/Theory: Jane and Dirk will pester Jake at the same time, and both say I love you. This will result in him signing out to think, and they will both feel rejected.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Quote Originally Posted by HomestuckGirl View Post
    IDE/Theory: Jane and Dirk will pester Jake at the same time, and both say I love you. This will result in him signing out to think, and they will both feel rejected.
    And then they'll tell Roxy, who'll take the opportunity in a heartbeat without a moment's notice.

Internet Normality The_Unoriginal's Avatar

Eridan is the reason Kanaya became a rainbow drinker.

Not Doc Scratch, who only hinted at something like that.
    Not Karkat, whose blood powers probably aren't literal.
    But the person that shot her full of hope, granting the impossible.

Scratch said that Kanaya got her powers from a "bulb-headed guardian". Either Doc Scratch did it when Kanaya fell asleep in the middle of nowhere as a child or drinking the blood of her bulb-headed lusus caused it.

IDE/Theory Thread: Jake's shorts act as a sort of lovecharm, and the only reason Roxy isn't head over heels is because she's never seen him in them. Either that or she's more sublte about her lustful intentions, or to drunk to notice them "seriously."

It makes sense in my head! Vanymstorm's Avatar

CRACKTHEORY: Horrorterrors are plants, and also have a strong connection to the Life aspect.

SRSTHEORY: The "heinous broods of the undead" in the Alternian desert are a type of plant-based zombie.

edit: Actually, I may have posted these already. Like ages ago, but still.
    Last edited by Vanymstorm; 02-16-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    "The glass is twice as large as necessary. And that worries me."
    Because hypothetical universes are the best universes.

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unoriginal View Post
    Eridan is the reason Kanaya became a rainbow drinker.

Not Doc Scratch, who only hinted at something like that.
    Not Karkat, whose blood powers probably aren't literal.
    But the person that shot her full of hope, granting the impossible.
    But then why did Fef not get the same treatment? Could it have something to do with Kanaya being a Prospit dreamer?
    Avidro, Monk of Blood.
    http://avidro.tumblr.com

Internet Normality The_Unoriginal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post
    Scratch said that Kanaya got her powers from a "bulb-headed guardian".
    "What would you say if I said a dutiful girl raised in the daylight was protected by a bulb-headed guardian, and learned to glow in the dark after death?"

No he didn't.

@ardentApathy: Kanaya's desire was to become a rainbow drinker. Feferi's involved being with the horrorterrors, which she currently is.

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unoriginal View Post
    "What would you say if I said a dutiful girl raised in the daylight was protected by a bulb-headed guardian, and learned to glow in the dark after death?"

No he didn't.

@ardentApathy: Kanaya's desire was to become a rainbow drinker. Feferi's involved being with the horrorterrors, which she currently is.
    Hm, I hadn't thought of it that way. It seems Eridan's WWHITE SCIENCE WWAND really does give you whatever you want most. Curious.
    Avidro, Monk of Blood.
    http://avidro.tumblr.com

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Vanymstorm View Post
    CRACKTHEORY: Horrorterrors are plants, and also have a strong connection to the Life aspect.
    New theory: Vine is a Horrorterror
    steam|da|tumblr|art tumblr|mmostuck|mmostuck irc|Somnia - Adventure thing
    MTF corn
    (Please PM me if you try to add me on Steam)

IDE/Theory: Due to their having been named by different people, the pre-scratch human ancestors do not share names with the post-scratch teens. Post-scratch John and Jade only shared names with their pre-scratch versions because Crocker decided to name them after their pre-scratch versions.

Theory: like the Roles, the Aspects also come in macthed pairs:

Time/Space, Life/Doom, Heart/Mind, Light/Void, Hope/Rage, Blood/Breath.

Admittedly, that last one's a little shaky, but those were the aspects of the session leaders/ectobiolobabbysitters, so there might still be something to it.
    "Of course, its existence has so far proved to be completely without consequence, which is to say it will probably end up being the most important item in the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Screwloose View Post
    Theory: like the Roles, the Aspects also come in macthed pairs:

Time/Space, Life/Doom, Heart/Mind, Light/Void, Hope/Rage, Blood/Breath.

Admittedly, that last one's a little shaky, but those were the aspects of the session leaders/ectobiolobabbysitters, so there might still be something to it.
    I'd change it to match Life/Breath, Hope/Doom, and Blood/Rage (keeping Time/Space, Heart/Mind, and Light/Void).

Life and Breath (if breath is taken more literally than merely 'wind') are both about living. Plus they look similar. In-story, we have the John & Jane parallels.

Hope and Doom are pretty solid opposites, like Light/Void. 'Doom' just always made me think of doomsayers, reinforced by Sollux talking about how screwed their session, and he specifically, are. In-story has the rivalry between Eridan and Sollux.

Blood/Rage are my leftovers, but still can go together pretty well. Heart rate is often involved in various emotional states, 'seeing red' or 'out for blood' are used to describe being enraged, and rage tends to lead to violence and blood. In-story has the moirailship between Karkat and Gamzee.

I see your point, but Life and Doom were noted by UU to be opposite aspects, and if you take the interpretation that the Rage aspect also involves fear/intimidation, the Rage and Hope are opposing emotional states, as well as having more-complex-than-most, bilaterally-symmetrical symbols.

Breath is kind of a hard one to match up with anything, since so far we've only seen the literal part of the aspect, and not yet the metaphorical part.

Unrelated, but did anybody else notice that Roxy referred to sex as "turning out wrigglers the old fashioned way?"
    +1 to the Roxy and Dirk are in a post-batterwitch-takeover future theory, I think.
    "Of course, its existence has so far proved to be completely without consequence, which is to say it will probably end up being the most important item in the game."

The Star of Light and Rage radicalNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Screwloose View Post
    I see your point, but Life and Doom were noted by UU to be opposite aspects, and if you take the interpretation that the Rage aspect also involves fear/intimidation, the Rage and Hope are opposing emotional states, as well as having more-complex-than-most, bilaterally-symmetrical symbols.

Breath is kind of a hard one to match up with anything, since so far we've only seen the literal part of the aspect, and not yet the metaphorical part.

Unrelated, but did anybody else notice that Roxy referred to sex as "turning out wrigglers the old fashioned way?"
    +1 to the Roxy and Dirk are in a post-batterwitch-takeover future theory, I think.
    I concur, exquisite.

Upon further thought, Blood and Breath actually would be perfectly paired.
    Literally speaking, blood and breath are very closely related in terms of actual anatomical purpose. The point of breathing is to supply oxygen to the blood, the point of blood is to carry that oxygen to the rest of the body.
    More support for Hope and Rage: they're the only two that are actually literally emotions, instead of "could possibly be interpreted to refer to emotion," like blood or heart.

And now for something completely different:

I had a bit of a revelation yesterday regarding the identity of the First Guardian of Pre-Scratch Alternia.
    Comparing and contrasting GCat and Bec's appearances, one could say that the Post-Scratch FG will have the same general body structure as the pre-scratch counterpart, but shorter and smugger. So the Pre-scratch Scratch would still be humanoid with a round head, but have a bit more in the tallness attribute.
    They'd be much nicer, obviously, and polite, but they perhaps would still come off as disconcerting to some.
    They'd still be an excellent host in the non-parasitic meaning of the word, and very generous in giving out candy.
    Perhaps someone with a precedent of being omnipotent, of being linked to an incarnation of death, and being involved in the creation of the universe via mind-bending time shenanigans.
    Who do we know who would fit all of these descriptors, to make the perfect Pre-scratch Doc Scratch?
    Ladies and gentlemen, the answer has been ogling us in the face the whole time.

Four words:

First Guardian Pickle Inspector.

Well, if we go by my theory that UU is a member of a third troll session, I think that the First Guardian will be squatter than the previous one, and worse tempered. First Guardian Ace Dick.

Land of Trees and Hicks (Southern Virginia)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I am, after all, an excellent Hoax IDE/Theory: The Scratch kids will eventually be contacted by a mysterious man who communicates using white text and no username. He'll claim to be omnipotent, knowing everything in their past and future, bar our little drunkard. He'll be rather smug and fond of using confusing terminology and weasel words. When he's finally introduced, we shall see a four-foot-tall cueball-headed man standing in a green room. But his head cracks, and as it shatters away, it reveals...

Idk if anyone has said this before on any of the IDE threads, BUT...

Theory: April 13th, 2012 is a Friday. Friday the 13th. Something bad or unlucky will happen in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJoeSeven View Post
    Idk if anyone has said this before on any of the IDE threads, BUT...

Theory: April 13th, 2012 is a Friday. Friday the 13th. Something bad or unlucky will happen in the comic.
    IDE/Theory: The kids will die when they enter the new session, as it is 3 years after the start.
    Hello.
    Would you like to play
    What is wrong?
    Would you
    I said nothing.
    Would you like to play
    ?
    Would you like to play a game?
    What?
    Would you
    ?
    Shut up.
    Avatar credit to unknown source.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

If they're all paired like Life and Doom, shouldn't they too be opposites?
    Life/Doom
    Space/Void
    Mind/Rage
    Time/Hope
    Light/Blood
    Breath/Heart

The Light/Blood is based on the case if Blood is the aspect of Resilience, since that'd mean a hero of Blood would be a tank, whereas a hero of Light would be depend on their luck to dodge.
    The last one is more vague though, and relies on how a breeze may sometimes symbolize someone's passing.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Honestly it seems like Light/Void should be opposites, as well as Space/Time, Hope/Rage, Mind/Heart, and Breath/Blood. If they're opposites.
    Everyone Sburb killed deserved exactly what they got, and it was all for the best. Team Sburb unite!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

But time and Space aren't opposites, as time is just another dimention (4th or 9th depending on which theory you go by). Light is the least opposite of void, since photons are the only thing that may exist in otherwise true vacuum. Rage has nothing to do with Hope at all. Mind/Heart becomes Mind/Soul, which are nearly the same thing. And Blood, while we don't know what it symbolizes, it has only shown similarities with Breath.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Yeah, because Light totally means photons. It has no association with luck, fortune, or knowledge. And Void has nothing to do with obscuration. Rage and Hope are both emotions, and considering the behavior of their players, may symbolize destruction and creation as well. Mind/Soul still isn't opposite so long as Mind has to do with logic and Heart with feelings. Blood/Breath, well, someone made a good argument on the last page.

As for Time/Space, the thing is, movement in one slows your movement in the other. They interact on a zero (technically c-speed)-sum game.
    Everyone Sburb killed deserved exactly what they got, and it was all for the best. Team Sburb unite!