MSPA Forums
Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787 ... LastLast

Thread: IDE/Theory Thread 23: The choicest of theories that money can buy

It makes sense in my head! Vanymstorm's Avatar

Re: IDE/Theory Thread 23: Cal confirmed to be a cat

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    Also, grimdarkness.
    You mean like the clouds are going grimdark? Yeah, Skaia's gone off the deep end. I love it.
    "The glass is twice as large as necessary. And that worries me."
    Because hypothetical universes are the best universes.

For me, UU's "bro" is her bro in the same sense that Vriska and Terezi are "sisters".
    Either that, or it's her moirail. But that's it, they're not brother and sister in the strict human sense.

I also believe that we will have another set of 4 players, to fill the gaps on the Class and Aspect chains.
    They are: Sylph of Blood, Mage of Mind, Bard of Doom and Thief of Rage.
    (or maybe Sylph of Blood, Mage of Rage, Bard of Mind and Thief of Doom, but I don't think this alternative makes as much sense as the first one).

They are playing not the Beta, nor the Alpha, they're playing the Release version of Sburb/Sgrub/Sburgrub/Swhateverb.

The Star of Light and Rage radicalNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ardentApathy View Post
    First off, let me just say that I like this theory. It's got the outside-the-box thinking that makes for great Homestuck theories, plus I think there's a grain of truth to it. Unfortunately, in the interest of science, I must do my best to tear it apart, so that we can build it up stronger.

All of the first 5 can just as easily be interpreted as evidence for her "twin" brother (could that "twin" be literal? interesting tangent) being in the same universe as her. After all, why have only half a sign on one troll, but no corresponding troll with the other half? Looking at it this way, the most likely candidate for that other troll would be the Sufferer - her "twin". And if the Sufferer is present, that mean UU must be on pre-Scratch Alternia, or somewhere in that universe, anyway.

However, none of that's to say she can't be an alternate reality version of Karkat as well! In fact, I'd consider that the most likely scenario. Both she AND the Sufferer are alternate reality versions of Karkat, but only half of a complete whole. I've already put forth an explanation as to how this could be the case (re: the GLITCH), that ties in quite well with what we already know. Of course, there could always be other interpretations!

As to the last point, I say that this is explained by her being from pre-Scratch Alternia, where the trolls are a decidedly more cheery race, and the verb "to troll" likely doesn't carry the same connotations.

The only part of this that I think is inaccurate is the "random" part. Otherwise, I think you're spot on.

For now it may seem random, but it'll be like everything else in this story, one small kog in a giant clockwork of craziness. Like it's almost too good to be true with all these hints and references. So it's either A) An Alternate Sufferer (cause we all know parallel dimensions and stuff, doom daved dimensions, there always could be a girl Karkat/Sufferer out there) and thus either a literal twin, meaning two parts to the overall Sufferer, or just herself calling Karkat her twin.

Unlike Karkat, all her information on the game is really detailed, granted she could be screwing with us and giving us shit for all we know, but unlike Karkat who was more trial and error, which contributes to the overall failures, UU seems to be setting up for this to go as smoothly as possible, making everyone want to play, giving Roxy the initiative to see her dead Guardian, for the 4 to hang out in game, and also the meeting of the Beta and Alpha kids/trolls! But that seems to be a dark foreshadow that they really need this advantage, like any game where they seem to be giving you a lot of help, must mean something big is going down.

IDE: UU's session is doomed to failure, but we never get any details as to what happens. Just vague comments from UU with no context.

Pronouns
    [any]

IDE : UU has the cancer syMbol, it's just one on each sleeve. The other player is her, flippers turnways
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmalDexterity View Post
    KARKAT: WHERE'S MY FUCKING JUICEBOX?
    Kanaya: The Juicebox Was A Lie

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    We forgot to speculate about black clouds.

Go to it.
    Roxy's dreamself has sleepwalked her way over to UU's session.

The Star of Light and Rage radicalNinja's Avatar

IDE: She has half of the cancer symbol on each sleeve, signally a "two" reference to either her Bro/Genetic similar friend/karkat. (Like a bro-rail, really close friend or whomever her Bro reference could be)

Right now, we have tons of evidence, but many theories are viable.

It's literally like the whole Doc Scratch thing, it's not a lie, much rather a prank with no lies making it occur. I have a feeling it'll be a troll-calamanis type looking troll
    Last edited by radicalNinja; 02-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmsumrall View Post
    IDE : UU has the cancer syMbol, it's just one on each sleeve. The other player is her, flippers turnways
    UU is the Mirthful Messiahs?

Just noticed that this is getting more and more like Dune.
    First the only parallel was the psionic starship navigators, but now we even get Void and Prescience-obscuring as a means to survive through the end?

Shucks Buster 0_0

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by lamseteid View Post
    cracktheory time

uU is somehow a sort of mixture of all the trolls
    Sort of like an amorphous blob with hands and heads and horns stick out random places from its gelatinous body?

I can get behind that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmalDexterity View Post
    KARKAT: WHERE'S MY FUCKING JUICEBOX?
    Kanaya: The Juicebox Was A Lie

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    We forgot to speculate about black clouds.

Go to it.
    SOPA was approved in Prospit and those clouds had links to copyrighted material.

But, now, "SOPA was approved" meaning "LordEnglish arrived" and "links to copyrighted material" meaning "knowledge to avoid annihilation".

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IDE: UU's counterpart is going to be II, not only guessed due to the obvious U and I, but also because U is the mathematical symbol for voltage, while I is amperage, and phi (Φ), which is an I plus an O, was has also been suggested as a symbol for Ophiuchus along with the U̴ (yeah, the forum messes up that symbol). II is going to have straight horns, or possibly even just one straight horn to make for the rod of the caduceus.
    Last edited by The Mather1; 02-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

Maybe I'm not paying enough attention but there's this other cracky theory which actually has about 1% chance to be true, knowing a certain story writer... and I haven't read about it, but it's hilarious:
    It seems I'm collecting quotes, WHOOPS.

the sufferer is a blind prophet.

years of living in the sun can do that to you.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Further proof of II: I on the periodic table is Iodine, which is often used as a sort of preventive measure against radiation poisoning (which may come from exposure to Uranium).
    Last edited by The Mather1; 02-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

IDE: Dirk destroys Jake's soul somehow and creates the time travelling hellbeast we know as Lord English.
    Knight of Void

Everyone knows all trolls have 20/20 vision, Sollux's is 10/10 even. All trolls who wear glasses are hipsters who think they look: "awwesome, sophistic8ed, 2pectacular B), JUST1F13D, and D--> E%ceptionally c001."

Pfhahahaha, this would be hilarious! And kinda (read very) sad at the same time. ):

Also, II? I like this!
    ==>

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAipom View Post

the sufferer is a blind prophet.

years of living in the sun can do that to you.
    oh my god

Theory: UU's session will have nine players, whose chumhandle initials will be every combination of U with the traditional G, C, A, or T. The names themselves will be themed after the planets in our solar system.
    The one UU identifies as her "brother" is the mercury troll, yet will initially be represented by something to do with the god Uranus - possibly a sickle.
    The Pluto troll will be the androgynous Calmasis equivalent, to keep the player genders even and it would fit as Pluto is the odd one out.

Related IDE: if their aspects are related to their planets, then UU is space, Mercury/her brother is a page, Venus is heart, Mars is rage, Saturn (equivalent of the greek Chronos) is time, Neptune is a sea dweller, and Pluto/Calmasis is Doom.
    "Of course, its existence has so far proved to be completely without consequence, which is to say it will probably end up being the most important item in the game."

Hunter of Anarchy Aizeth Dresic's Avatar

I theorize that Dirk will one day use this. Seriously, it even sounds like him.

He'd have to get the makeupkind strife specibus first.
    "Of course, its existence has so far proved to be completely without consequence, which is to say it will probably end up being the most important item in the game."

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Here's a good question to speculate about. UU knows about the 4 incoming kids, but apparently not about the trolls, specifically Gamzee. "UU: in trUth, yoU are probably fortUnate yoUr groUp doesn't have one [a bard]. :u"

Obviously part of the reason is that Roxy is going to prevent her from seeing any of the session, but why don't UU's texts mention them? Is it just because they aren't technically players anymore, or is this foreshadowing that something bad will happen to them?

My avatar scares me. newbonomicon's Avatar

IDE: After achieving victory in the new session, the surviving players begin to repopulate both races in the new Universe. Eventually, one member of each race arrives who is destined to play the very last session of Sburb. Wanting to know more about her destiny, the troll develops a fascination with ancient legends of the heroes who played the game before her, and eventually manages to discover a piece of ancient technology that allows her to paradoxically have influenced the story of her heroes already.
    Project Autoquest: Why is this link still here, anyway?

A few interesting notes:

When UU talks to Jane and Dirk, it seems to be before her session has actually started, but when she talks to Roxy, it's indicated that she already knows her title. Either her conversation with Roxy took place later-for-UU than the others, or she somehow found out her title through other means.

Dirk does not know about Troll Romance. Which means that his interest in Jake is not as moirails, and he really was just correcting the Auto Responder on a perceived typo. This makes the fact that Roxy knows about quadrants and the autoresponder knows about buckets even more curious.