Dieseldamned: WE NEED COMMUNISTS [OOC] [9/12 Humans] [9/12] Trolls]
The year is 1951...
But not the 1951 you and I know. After the war the whiz-kids at Ford and GM developed new bounds in mechanics. Inventing things called "Personal Computers" and a netweork called "The Internet" all fueled off 50s automotive tech and the ever steady source of Diesel Power. This internet has revolutionized communication and information across the Western Powers, allowing somebody in the states to go so far as to talk to somebody in the British Isles at any time. At first this new technology was limited only to the west, but it wasn't too long before the Ruskies got their own hands on the technology and ever since the two sides of the Iron Curtain have slowly had their networks cross over one another leading to a slow and steady information trade.
But the Democracies still use the internet mainly to push capitalist propaganda.
And the Communists still use the internet to push their own agenda.
While the Korean War's coverage has been the main buzz about this network for the past couple of years, recently a new craze has started on the web. Talk of the release of the first Internet based game.
A little something called SBURB.
Welcome to Dieseldamned! A SBURB/SGRUB RP that takes place in that era of extreme Patriotism known only as the 1950s! While this RP is mainly focused around the Humans, there will be trolls in it as well. Essentially, there will be four factions of Humans and Trolls total, which your characters will be a part of. Political factions that is.
This RP is heavy on the Political intrigue, so if that doesn't float your boat, this RP probably isn't the one for you. There will in fact be plot-istic changes to SBURB for the RP's purposes. But let's just get down to the Rules.
1. Guys remain as civil as possible in RPing. You knwo what brings down RPs? Internal Drama brings down RPs. So please, use common sense, be courteous, and don't start any shit.
2. Keep your Mary and Gary Stus out of this. I want nothing too overpowered, no Godmodders, no bunnying. None of that. If you're unsure about a character, please PM me and ask! I don't bite, and I'll give you my honest critique and opinion of them. Things are going to be fair and balanced here.
3. Ladies and Gentlemen. This RP takes place in 1951. So think about how the culture was and what did or didn't exist back then. Certain things just did NOT EXIST in the 50s. There were no Mohawk toting, Anarchist Punks in the USA in the 50s. That sort of thing didn't exist. So I plan on seeing no Human Characters like that.
If you are that set on doing something out of the times, make a troll. Because I'm more leanient with them. But they still have a 50s-esque world too.
4. Keep ACTIVE! If you're gone for more than TWO WEEKS. And you didn't let me know with a reason before hand, then I will not hesitate to boot you. Activity keeps an RP moving, and mobile RPs are living RPs
5. Do not post Profiles here. PM Profiles to me! Thanks. If enough people try to join, I reserve the right to review all Profiles in bulk and then pick and choose from there.
The Capitalists are humans who hail from the countries that championed Democracy in the Cold War. The USA, Great Britain, France. Essentially the NATO Powers, and their allies such as Australia and Japan.In all these countries around this time there was sort of a RED SCARE going on. If you weren't seen as normal or patriotic enough, then you were a dirty commie. And with that you were ostracized from society. So be mindful of this.
The Communists come from the other side of the Iron Curtain and compose of people from the Warsaw Pact Countries, plus China and North Korea. Up until the Internet, they have been highly unknowing of many things in the west, their totalitarian dictatorship keeping this information from them. However, with the internet this information about the West and its freedoms is slowly leaking out to them.
But make no mistake. These people still would fight tooth and nail for their Communist Societies.
The Trolls take a backseat in this RP, just finishing up their own session from the start of it all. They're are at about the point in the medium in which they are fighting their Denizens, or preparing to. However, they are indeed divided into two camps, which are extremely hostile to one another, and these factions will come into conflict by the end of the game. While there is a tentative peace now to finish the game, it seems they cannot claim their ultimate reward until they decide on a government...and then there are these strange "human" things.
NOTE THAT ALTERNIA IS ALSO IN A SEMI-50s SORT OF CULTURE.
The Troll factions are, the IMPERIALISTS who want to make the new society an Empire, and a militaristic caste based state like the Old Alternia. And the ANARCHISTS who wish to make the new world a freer more equal one. With little to no government.
[Anon] Navi's good friend: well you certainly seem exited
Anon: Sure am.
Anon: Exiting fucking everywhere.
Anon: See a door?
Anon: I went through it.
[Anon] Navi's good friend: carefull, it can be hard to get out of sheets
Anon: Can't stop me.
[Anon] Navi's good friend: and steamers for the carpet can be expensive
Re: Dieseldamned: A tale of Patriotism and Politics [OOC] [7/12 Humans] [2/12] Trolls
Originally Posted by alexthewhite
Against my better judgement, this is simply too great a concept to pass up.
My sentiments exactly. I'd like to reserve a female imperialist. The character might take a while to draw and I have midterms coming up, so apologies in advance if the profile takes a while. I'll try and send it to you ASAP.