The trainers arrived at the location that the note told them to. According to the details sent by Lance, it was a matter of urgent life and/or destruction of all Pokémon. When they arrived, Lance stepped forward to deliver an announcement.
“Fellow trainers, I know that you’re all wondering why I have called you here. I have recently received intelligence that all of the evil teams have put aside their differences to take over the world as a single group. We need to as a group come up with how to take them all down. They are not going to hold anything back, so—“
A Scyther suddenly jumped up behind him, and with sharpened blade, gashed out his throat. Immediately, the trainers sent out their Pokémon to combat this foe, but it was too late to save Lance.
After investigating the responsible Scyther, the trainers found a note tied to its back:
RULESHello there, puny trainers.
You though that you could try to take us down in secret? How naïve. We could easily take you all down right now, if we wanted to. But we’ll be sporting. All of the leaders of our collective have infiltrated this get-together as normal trainers. You can try to find us, and we will eliminate you.
Hoping that you all come to your senses and just surrender to us:
The Collective Crime Syndicate
-1: Be nice to other people. This should be a given, which is why it is rule negative one. It is so important, that following this rule is more important than breaking any other rule. So be nice.
0: Have fun. This is a game, and the whole point of said "game" is to provide an enjoyable discourse from other activities. If you're not having fun, then something is wrong with the game at the moment, so feel free to contact me if that occurs.
1: Play to win. This is the third of the big three rules. Because of this, do not reveal who your scum buddies are if you are going to be lynched, do not just give up and surrender the game, and do not do any other stupid things which follow in the same fashion. Likewise, if you vote for yourself, it will not be counted. Because that is just giving up. Get someone else to hammer you if you really want it.
2: No contact with others outside of the thread except in specially provided quicktopics at specified times. If you absolutely have to talk to someone about it, please inform me before you have to do so, not afterwards. Likewise, don't use codes or ciphers. Those aren't fun for anyone.
3: Votes. BOLD THEM. Or color them. Or do both! I don't really care; as long as it is distinctive. I will try to provide a votal at least once a day, if anything significant has happened. If three days go by with nary a post nor vote, I might not, but if discussion and voting are common, then votals will be posted regularly. Every votal will have a line, somewhat along the lines of "Deadline Midnight 5/30/2011 UTC". This will have a link to the countdown. That is when the deadline is. Respect it.
4: Remember, post often and send in your night actions if you have them, or you will receive the magic status known as "BEING REPLACED". If you feel that you need to be replaced for some reason, then please ask, either in thread, by PM, or by QT. I'll answer that as soon as possible.
5: Role PMs, Quicktopics, and other things like that are sacred relics. Please do not defile them by posting them in here verbatim. Try to summarize it well, at least. "I am a bulletproof cop" is good. "I am a bulletproof cop. Because I am so paranoid, I always carry around my Kevlar vest. I can survive one attempt on my life. I am aligned with the town, and win when all threats are eliminated" is not. If you don't get a QT, and want one, please PM me.
6: Editing posts is a no-no. So look twice to make sure that there is not information that you do not want to get out before posting. Also, if you feel like you need to add more information, or clarification, or such, EBWOP is a handy tool.
7: If I make a mistake, please feel free to point it out to me.
8: Massclaims. BAD. Seriously, massclaims ruin the game. If you must do so, please use the standard Kieros-game technique of claiming that you are a busdriver. Not an "insane busdriver". Not a "mirror busdriver". A busdriver.
9: One thing with flavor games is that you can fairly obviously tell who's town and who's not unless if there are fake claims. There are fake claims.
10: Also, there is a ton of vanilla town. This is not a "Night Actions R Us" game.
11: Every day, hard lynch will be one-half the number of available votes plus one. While it exists, soft lynch will be half that number, also plus one.
12: Jesters, lynchers, cults, and other really anti-town roles like that are stupid. If they exist, they will not be game ending. And they do not exist. Also, no role can change your alignment. This rules out cults again, but it also means that you cannot be this close to winning as town, and have it taken away from you at the last second by being converted to mafia. That just doesn't happen.
13: Once again, please remember the big three: Play to win, Have fun, and Be nice.
1. MaskedClaus El Ninja Monkey - Bianca, Vanilla Town - Killed, Night 9
2. Havakazoo ardentApathy
3. ~ATH - The Mask of Ice (Pryce), Vanilla Mafia - Killed, Night 1
4. Zatch - Eusine, Town Flavor Cop - Killed, Night 7
6. Mister Visceral - N, Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched, Day 1
7. momatoes - Whitney, Survivor - Lynched, Day 6
8. HurlingPagan Solaris2 - Grevil, Mafia Godfather - Lynched, Day 8
9. WateryHell - Kiyo, Vanilla Town - Lynched, Day 5
10. youdont12know - Silver, Miller - Killed, Night 5
12. Sasalas - Disappeared, Night 3
13. GenetiXientist - Rui, Vanilla Town - Killed, Night 1
14. Sasalad Namboto
15. BlazerC - Archie, Vanilla Mafia - Lynched, Day 3
16. ascendantServitor - Ben, Vanilla Town - Lynched, Day 7
17. Acionyxseastormjt - Gary Oak, Town Roleblocker - Killed, Night 2
18. Hanky PankyPepperYena - Lucy, Town Vigilante - Killed, Night 8
19. Red709 - Secc, Town Mason - Killed, Night 2
20. Fire Goliath - Joey, Vanilla Town - Killed, Night 6
21. ComiTurtlecuriousCat - Iris, Town Doctor - Killed, Night 8
23. imperviousScofflaw - Nett, Town Mason - Killed, Night 3
24. MathGirl227Grutor - Elesa, Vanilla Town - Lynched, Day 9
25. ectoBiologist - Flint, Vanilla Town - Lynched, Day 2
26. Mr. MuitiniDaunting - Giovanni, Vanilla Mafia - Killed, Night 7
27. Airey - Roark, Vanilla Town - Lynched, Day 4
28. Alec Trevelyan - Sabrina, Vanilla Town - Killed, Night 1
29. InoxFy - Cyrus, Mafia Janitor - Killed, Night 3
30. Solaris - Barry, Vanilla Town - Killed, Night 4