MSPA Forums

View Poll Results: Would you like to play HOMESTUCK?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

92 82.88%
  • No.

13 11.71%
  • What?

31 27.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play HOMESTUCK

Land of Trees and Hicks (Southern Virginia)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Let's Play HOMESTUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Gecky View Post
    Nah, you won't need to. I've never said it before but I actually live in the room of an exile, I have a screen watching every single one of you and am going to server you all, all at once!
    Is that a joke or are you serious? It's hard to tell with this Game.

If you're joking, then I'm volunteering as pP's server. You know, since hers is dead.

's a joke c:
    Unless aA decides it isn't... It's hard to tell with this game.

Also, Juju, You're always welcome to join! (Well, that's up to aA but I wouldn't mind a single bit) These mind games are good for keeping the team in shape and I personally really enjoyed having you here c:

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

I'll give iI until Wednesday to respond. If you feel like you need more direction, iI, all you have to do is ask! I can get you started on entering SBURB with the others right away!
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk
    Would you like to play a game?

Why have I already spent so much time on these? I'm still working on my God Tier, because puffy pants.
    Last edited by Konkoa; 04-29-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Whoa! That's awesome, Konkoa :0

Pronouns
    he/him/his

It's not exactly your first post, but your post count is low enough to count in my book, so...

Thanks guys. -blush- It's not like I did all that much. I just made them more chimera than the standard amount because I'm obsessive.

Well, I have no idea what's going on, as usual with this- but it looks like we're making it happen. Bring it on. Now I've got to go God Tier my usual sprite.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Maybe I'm easily impressed because I know first hand I suck at this, but I still think that's pretty awesome.

Keeper of the pocket things Naristar's Avatar

I've just read through this thread(mostly to page 15 or so)
    My eyes are dazzled and my head hurts
    is there anyway to become a participant?

I'm still waiting on a rediculously large arrow command.

I think I might have broken the game. :V
    http://i.imgur.com/eDmUg.png
    Dian Martin, Nurse of Blood. aphoristicBloodbanker [AB]

The Eternal Derp El Ninja Monkey's Avatar

You could use a sidestep to cancel it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlade View Post
    I'm still waiting on a rediculously large arrow command.

I think I might have broken the game. :V
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk

Alright, since insanityIncarnate is most likely on the way out, and a couple of players *coughliquidMountain* *PlumFindercough* haven't posted or replied to one of my PMs in a while, I think I'm going to institute a formal method for replacing inactive players.

So here's the deal:

If you want in, you must contact a player, ANY player, and convince them to give you their spot.

OR!

You can call out a player in this very thread. If they don't respond within a given time frame, let's say 72 hours, they will be killed mercilessly in-game, in whatever manner I choose. Then, whoever called them out will get their spot.

Since I have already called out iI, I will decide who gets his spot should he not respond. I will give precedence to people who posted earlier in the thread, as well as to posters who seem to be active on the forums in general. Wigglers, you can still make it in, but you're gonna have to convince me, first.

What do you guys think? Sound fair?
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk

So long as they disappear without reason, sounds fair.
    -We can't abandon protocol just because we have an advantage. We have to give him a chance to see the errors of his blue ways. To lay down his arms and meet us as fellow men, at the table of peace, where we can work together towards a better world. A world that's better, because we poisoned his food at that table and stabbed him in the eye with a fork, and taken all his stuff.

Well yes, of course. That goes without saying. I wouldn't have let anyone take problemProtagonist's place when she was gone last weekend, for example. Or was that the weekend before? Well, whatever. You get my point.

It is now in your best interest to let me know if you won't be able to play for a few days. I would hope this is just common sense when playing a Forum Game, but...
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk

By taking their spot do we inherit their progress, or do we start from scratch(hee hee)?

Anyway, I guess I'll officially call out Plumfinder

Scratch would be preferable. Inheriting their progress means you;re really playing someone else's game which is kinda weird.

Although it could be made that new people get shot out of the yellow yard thingy.
    -We can't abandon protocol just because we have an advantage. We have to give him a chance to see the errors of his blue ways. To lay down his arms and meet us as fellow men, at the table of peace, where we can work together towards a better world. A world that's better, because we poisoned his food at that table and stabbed him in the eye with a fork, and taken all his stuff.

Like I said, I will decide the manner in which inactive players will leave the game. They may be killed by meteor, assassinated by Agents, killed by their Denizen, or anything of the sort. It all depends on what kind of progress they've made (if any).

However, I think it's fair for incoming players to decide their manner of entry. Simply tell me who you want to be your server player, as well as any other pertinent details, and I'll try my best to work them in. By default, I will be the server for incoming players. Apparently, I entered will enter in an office building or databank of some sort, so I have no shortage of computers to use as servers.
    Last edited by ardentApathy; 02-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Don't forget that you can be a Server from inside the Medium, too, so it could always just be that you alchemized a ton of laptops or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRock35 View Post
    Don't forget that you can be a Server from inside the Medium, too, so it could always just be that you alchemized a ton of laptops or something.
    I haven't entered the Medium yet, though. The countdown on my cruxtruder won't run out for another 413 years or so. Heh.

By the way, I kind of formalized the replacement rules. Crosspost:

I have implemented a means of replacing inactive players in Let's Play HOMESTUCK.

Basically, the gist of it is: I will not be actively replacing players unless it's exceedingly obvious that they have no intention of playing. However, I have given potential replacements two options to get in:

1) PM a current player, ANY current player, and convince them to give up their spot.
    2) Call out a current player in the LPH thread. If they don't respond in any way, shape or form within 72 hours, they will be replaced with the person who called them out.

The biggest flaw I can see with this is if real-life issues happened to crop up unexpectedly, and then a player gets called out and simply can't do anything to defend themselves. Therefore, I think I will institute a failsafe to ensure this does not happen. It'll involve PMing the called-out player, and checking their recent post history, to weed out the disinterested from the differently interested.
    The part under Option 2 is very important. I DO NOT want people to be replaced unjustly.
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk

It is very hard to see if a player isn't playing in a game that is mostly played by pms...

Quote Originally Posted by Gecky View Post
    It is very hard to see if a player isn't playing in a game that is mostly played by pms...
    Yeah, I think we should just have a waiting list of some kind (it sounds like Aa already kind of has one) and just let Aa be the final and only judge on when to kick players on inactivity (or otherwise)

It'd be simpler that way

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast