MSPA Forums
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: it's really dark and you can't see shitall (COMPLETED)

Re: IT'S REALLY DARK AND YOU CAN'T SEE SHITALL (completed)

wait
    is that the end
    i have to say, lots of stuff missing, i expected some kind of climax and satisfying ending all round
    bummer
    really nice artwork though
    http://qeztotz.deviantart.com/
    Some War-like art, or some calming pictures, all depending on how hard you dig into the pile

Conqueror of Tiny Nations Staff Deployment's Avatar

Re: IT'S REALLY DARK AND YOU CAN'T SEE SHITALL (completed)

There were actually two climaxes, one with Steve and one with Shitall, both of them involving people literally falling into the depths of hell. Not climactic enough, I guess. But no, the ending was never intended to be satisfying.
    Everyone is dead but the creepy illusion monster.

STORY RECAP

There was a cult of evil people who had earlier summoned a devil dog, and the growler, from hell, and they wanted to summon a lot more monsters that would theoretically grant them wishes. However, the growler's inability to die meant that their other, and possibly more important, objective was to send it back to hell. They grabbed some random guy (Steve Negro) and tried to use him as a sacrifice in the abandoned school they'd set up the rituals in, but he somehow escaped and wreaked havoc. Combined with a bunch of monsters running around all of a sudden, every single person involved gets killed, except for the devil dog (equipped with a machine gun), one lone soldier, and a mindfuck demon. The growler is held off, but because it was not physically knocked down to hell, its banishment is only temporary.

The mindfuck demon disguises himself as Steve and returns to the world of the living, and for an entire year fools Steve's girlfriend into thinking he's still alive. Meanwhile, the lone soldier gathers a few more people and tries to set up the ritual again to destroy the growler. The mindfuck demon gets wind of their plan and crashes their party, wrecking shit up in the process, though it may be partly because they kidnap Shitall, with the intention of using her as a sacrifice in the same way they tried to use Steve. They cut out Shitall's eyes, possibly because of some weird ritual thing, but more likely because it would make it harder for her to escape. She escapes anyhow because of some internal bickering, straight up murders a dude (same soldier that survived the first year) and then meets up with the mindfuck demon, who she thinks is Steve. The growler and the MD fight, and for the moment, the MD is victorious. He cuts off the growler's head and intends to toss it into the fiery pits of hell so that the ritual will be permanent this time around. The machine-gun dog and Shitall get involved, which results in the MD and the growler both getting tossed down the pit. The MD was prepared, however, and somehow makes it back out after a few minutes.

Then he kills Shitall.

End.
    Last edited by Staff Deployment; 04-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Re: IT'S REALLY DARK AND YOU CAN'T SEE SHITALL (completed. 17 final post 18 recap)

ok, climactic.
    i have to say though its not very explanatory in the story
    thank you for the overveiw
    http://qeztotz.deviantart.com/
    Some War-like art, or some calming pictures, all depending on how hard you dig into the pile

Pronouns
    [any]

Re: it's really dark and you can't see shitall (COMPLETED)

I find this to be a satisfactory end to a well made adventure. It shares at least one similarity with Shakespeare's works, namely, everyone is dead in the end.

This was awesome.
    First adventure here I've read all the way to the end too.
    Can't say much else.

This was a good adventure; and I enjoyed all of it's art. I think my favorite panel was this one:
    So, how long do you think it'll be before it gets moved to completed adventures?
    Rules     :     Mods

so this means i have to read this story again while keeping the chronology gap in mind?

Ah, I see. There was a point in Steve’s last minutes where there was an unexplained background noise. This unexplained background noise happens to be almost exactly the same as a different noise which we hear during Shitall's last minutes. As a result of this noise and the sudden disappearance of the doctor who was chanting the same thing as fake-Steve, I was under the impression that Steve and Shitall were in the same room at the same time and the mindfuck daemon was manipulating them to some end. I was thinking that once the illusion was lifted, Shitall was going to end up accidentally killing Steve and then accidentally killing herself. I also thought that the soldier and machine gun dog were going to live.

The noise in question was "crack crack crack crack crack crack
    grrrhhhrrr
    crack crack crack crack crack crack crack" During the fight between the doctor and real steve. The dog was not around at the time. I took it to be the sound of a table charging while the dog and fake-steve fought.

On that note, how did the whole "table" thing work? It seems like an importaint plot point. Did you just predict that someone would suggest it?
    Last edited by d2r123; 04-16-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d2r123 View Post
    There was a noise...
    There's a plot summary, if that helps.
    Also, the dog was there. That was definitely mentioned. He barged in with the doctor and the soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by d2r123 View Post
    On that note, how did the whole "table" thing work? It seems like an importaint plot point. Did you just predict that someone would suggest it?
    If no one had mentioned a table, the growler would still be sent to hell, and Shitall would still end up dying alone in a coffin.
    Those events are a universal constant.

Last edited by Staff Deployment; 04-22-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Last edited by Staff Deployment; 04-17-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Land of Order and Darkness, Dreaming on Derse
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I am literally crying in shock in my head.
    That ending is so FUCKING sad.
    *Sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Deployment View Post
    There's a plot summary, if that helps.
    Also, the dog was there. That was definitely mentioned. He barged in with the doctor and the soldier.
    No, see, I understand fully that I am wrong and I have read the summary. Ty, this was all wonderful.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718