MSPA Forums
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 700 of 949

Thread: Grand Fishknights of Oceania (GAME OVER- Scum and Survival Third Parties WIN)

  1. #676
    electroswingin' haemat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stuffed inside a Dollhouse
    Posts
    15

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    it's self-aware naive cop, but sinjin was checked last night

    the flavor essentially says "believing everyone to be good at heart"

  2. #677
    the flopmaster armoredSkunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the dance party
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Well putting that aside for right now

    Sinjin, it doesn't look like you'll be getting whatever it is you were looking for from your cop. Anything you'd like to say now, in light of that?

  3. #678
    Vigilante of Vegatable Potato Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dark Corner, The Pantry
    Posts
    210

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    And now I wait for those who claim I'm a tad jumpy. (Which I am at this point to be honest.)
    hrmgagygaaagauagHYGAHAAGAAGAHAHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM

    Okay, so I was a goofball and turned off the computer before I remembered I had written up something to give you guys locked away in the pile of 5 windows with 6 tabs each open yesterday. I'm going to unvote from Sinjin, because that's clearly going no where (ALTHOUGH THE LACK OF THINGS IS STILL MAKING ME D :< (Even though I guess I see what everyone is taking about with you just being not-helpful-town instead of scum now)) and I'm going to reconsider who to vote for in a bit. Overall, for the moment I'm going to Vote: MV
    EVERYTHING THAT MV HAS POSTED ALONG WITH SOME COMMENTRY IF IT RUSTLES MY JIMMIES (If I don't say anything below it, assume that it's OKAY I GUESS and it's just there for the sake of completedness and non-omission:

    Essentially I'm just not happy with /the way you are jumpy/ compared to how /being jumpy would help town/. You're jumpy but you end up leaping after whoever you have the most current evidence on and forget about all your other scumreads. It's to the point that no one knows what you're thinking of the game as a whole at any one time because all you do is tunnel on one person and then rapidly switch and dissude any information you gathered from the vote before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirdini View Post
    re: PP lynch - still happy with it, biggest thing is if she isn't scum (and you, seastorm, aren't either) that'd make a sum total of ZERO scum on the Jacq lynch (IF we assume the Slayer0/Schazer slot isn't scum but hey she was playing pretty townishly, Acio/Sotek I'm nigh certain aren't mafia). Which seems unlikely to say the least.
    I'm not sure why this is so much more of a reason to lynch me rather than someone else? It's not even based on my play apart from the fact that I voted Jacq just like everyone else on that wagon did but we are coming to the conclusion that somehow everyone else giving you a town read means I HAVE to be scum? You've said this a ton of times but I'm really not seeing how a misplaced vote means that I'm scum just because you think no one else on that wagon is. It kind of feels like are you are basing things just off of this and not anything that's coming out of my mouth.
    Doof's readwall was pretty sweet and I'm willing to slide you into the mild town catergory. I like Sea a little bit more too.
    Then pops in to vote for Namboto because he's nervous and oblique? No examples or anything of this though, I don't get it.
    Essentially Namboto was throwing around a lot of "well this could be like this or that" without putting any sort of commitment behind it. His vote for Crilly was essentially a pressure vote day 1 and usually Namboto is a pretty good scumhunter but seemed more drawn back into posting little bits of fluff day 1. He also kept mentioning rampant fear of Acio for 0 reason, while Acio was still in the posting GIFs and shouting at MegaRock stage which seemed ~odd~
    "What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow."
    -A. A. Milne

  4. #679
    the flopmaster armoredSkunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the dance party
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    yeah I'm down with an (vote)MV lynch myself

  5. #680
    The Eternal Derp El Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Right behind you. Miles vary per person.
    Posts
    917

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Boop that's softlynch.

  6. #681
    Careo ex Amor. Sinjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by haemat View Post
    it's self-aware naive cop, but sinjin was checked last night

    the flavor essentially says "believing everyone to be good at heart"
    Nothing about a cannon? Strange.

  7. #682
    the flopmaster armoredSkunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the dance party
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    Nothing about a cannon? Strange.
    Nope. Nu-uh. Not going to fly.

    If you have something to share Sinjin, then say it. If not, don't passively hint at it, because that is in no way helpful and just makes me want you dead.

  8. #683
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Alright. I hate having to take off my pants and I've had to do it like... twice in the past 48 hours. And as you all know, I don't like taking off my pants.

    It's not like me claiming this will make you guys want me any less dead. I'm a vigilante interceptor - I target someone at night, and if one person visits them then the visitor dies. If more than one person visits them then one of the visitors ascertains my identity (if I read my role right).

    Last night I visited ENM (in restrospect that was STUPID because ENM can still very well be scum), thinking that if there was a scum rolechecker, they would check ENM to see if they would try to ally themselves. MASSIVE DERP. I didn't end up killing anyone (Solaris verified this for me), but that was just a stupid move. I suppose it's meant to be used more as a protective role.

    So if we can turn this bandwagon around real fast... yeah. I'll see if I can whip up a readwall for if I do end up dying.

  9. #684
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by armoredSkunk View Post
    Nope. Nu-uh. Not going to fly.

    If you have something to share Sinjin, then say it. If not, don't passively hint at it, because that is in no way helpful and just makes me want you dead.
    If you want him dead then you're scum because he's trying to act like a jester to find scum.

    Actually I am perfectly okay with a Sinjin lynch in lieu of my own. Especially because he's being so obfuscatingly obtuse that I can't believe that he would be trying to help town.

    Vote Sinjin

  10. #685
    the flopmaster armoredSkunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the dance party
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Visceral View Post
    It's not like me claiming this will make you guys want me any less dead. I'm a vigilante interceptor - I target someone at night, and if one person visits them then the visitor dies. If more than one person visits them then one of the visitors ascertains my identity (if I read my role right).

    Last night I visited ENM (in restrospect that was STUPID because ENM can still very well be scum), thinking that if there was a scum rolechecker, they would check ENM to see if they would try to ally themselves. MASSIVE DERP. I didn't end up killing anyone (Solaris verified this for me), but that was just a stupid move. I suppose it's meant to be used more as a protective role.
    MV this.. was more than just a massive derp. Since ENM claimed survivor yesterday, quite a few of us were calling for him to take a night-kill. I don't know much about roles so maybe there can't be a vig and a vig-interceptor at the same time but if there CAN be, then yeah you basically just tried to off our vig. And/or saved a self-proclaimed 3p.

  11. #686
    Mirdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Music and Strudel
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Visceral View Post
    Alright. I hate having to take off my pants and I've had to do it like... twice in the past 48 hours. And as you all know, I don't like taking off my pants.

    It's not like me claiming this will make you guys want me any less dead. I'm a vigilante interceptor - I target someone at night, and if one person visits them then the visitor dies. If more than one person visits them then one of the visitors ascertains my identity (if I read my role right).

    Last night I visited ENM (in restrospect that was STUPID because ENM can still very well be scum), thinking that if there was a scum rolechecker, they would check ENM to see if they would try to ally themselves. MASSIVE DERP. I didn't end up killing anyone (Solaris verified this for me), but that was just a stupid move. I suppose it's meant to be used more as a protective role.
    Let me get this straight. You're apparently a 'vigilante' interceptor. And you targeted the player the TOWN VIG was MOST LIKELY TO VISIT.

    HELLO SCUM

    VOTE: MISTERVISCERAL

  12. #687
    What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Kingdom
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs
    Posts
    14,960

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    ROAD RAGE Edition

    ========== Lynch
    ====== Softlynch

    ====Potato Panic (4) - A Killer Cuppa Tea, Eidolonic, Sotek, ENM
    =seastormjt (1) - Kieros
    =FeralFantom (1) Namobto,
    =======Mister Visceral (7) 50,000 Unstoppable Watts, FeralFantom, Potato Panic, seastormjt, Sinjin, armoredSkunk, Mirdni
    =Doofaeus (1) ~ATH
    =~ATH (1) Doofaeus
    =Eidolonic (1) Schazer
    =Sinjin (1) Mister Visceral

    With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch, 6 to softlynch. The day's deadline will be 12:00 am EST, May 7th.

  13. #688
    Dullard Doofaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    653

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Good god pants are flying all around.

    I find the role of a self-aware naive cop kind of pointless, so I'm kind of dubious of that but hey I don't see there being any reason to lie about that I suppose?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Visceral View Post

    It's not like me claiming this will make you guys want me any less dead. I'm a vigilante interceptor - I target someone at night, and if one person visits them then the visitor dies. If more than one person visits them then one of the visitors ascertains my identity (if I read my role right).

    Last night I visited ENM (in restrospect that was STUPID because ENM can still very well be scum), thinking that if there was a scum rolechecker, they would check ENM to see if they would try to ally themselves. MASSIVE DERP. I didn't end up killing anyone (Solaris verified this for me), but that was just a stupid move. I suppose it's meant to be used more as a protective role.
    And ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy this. A scumrolechecker wanting to see IF THEY CAN ALIGN THEMSELVES with the third party just seems... really really really really weird? I don't think I'd ever see scum doing that nor would I know how they'd go about that. Does not compute, do not like.
    I don't like this claim at all not one bit. Especially since there was a possibility of three killings last night, you specifically saying "I didn't kill anyone, it was modfirmed already" makes me worried as that's very defensive and kind of jumpy, therefore guilty sounding.

    How would you consider this a protective role?
    Yup.

  14. #689
    Mirdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Music and Strudel
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    then again if MV is what he claims it seems unlikely town actually HAS a vig since he'd be a vigbyproxy.

    but he's been scummy and town rarely if ever gets interceptors simply because they're so much better for scum. So yeah adios MV, and if you are scum thanks for informing us that there's either a traitor or a mafia rolecop I guess.

  15. #690
    the flopmaster armoredSkunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the dance party
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    I'd be pretty impressed if there wasn't a mafia cop, assuming namboto's list of checked players is accurate

  16. #691
    ubcalculatefly Laset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    CROBAT IS ALWAYS RIGHT
    Posts
    4,030

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    his role would be protective in that if he targets the person the maf try to kill he probably kills a mafioso. Which is pretty useful and is basically a form of protection.

    except ... man, that's a deeply weird role concept. MV was MegaRock before, yeah? Okay, he was scummy before replacement and isn't looking hot post-replacement. I can definitely get on this lynchwagon.

    vote: Mister Visceral.

  17. #692
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Awright lynch is going on guys. Sorry bout the scumminess, guys!

    You guys are going to hate me for the ENM derp. But yes, I factored in that there's probably no other town vig.

    Readwall on the way.

    Oh, and scum reactions to my claim are going to be juicy for you guys to analyze.

  18. #693
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    1. Laset (Sotek) Back up to a nullread since my weird peopletabs post because of reactions and helpfulness. Even if he ends up being scum, he still offers some sort of insight with scumhunting, so unless he proves to be exceptionally threatening it's alright to keep him around.
    2. Mirdini Towndini as ever. So basically nullread.
    4. armouredSkunk So helpful. Not even a new player in my book. Helpful to town, actively participating in the events of the game. He's an alright dude.
    5. Doofaeus Ehhhh. Not exceptionally scummy, but hasn't been overly helpful either. I'd hedge my bets and say nullread.
    6. Potato Panic I actually don't see what the big hooplah is with PP? There's the occasional scumtell here and there, but there are far worse players. For example,
    7. Sinjin The only thing keeping him from being outright red is his tendency toward derpiness. But he has been outright unhelpful toward town and seeing him lynched would be fantastic in my opinion.
    8. Namboto The claim seems pretty good here, but there's still the possibility of him being scum. There were a couple off comments here and there but I'm inclined to believe his claim. So chartreuse.
    9. Slayer0 Where have you been?
    10. seastormjt I'll admit, my vote earlier was probably fueled at least a little bit by defensiveness, but I still stand by my reasons for scumminess presented recently.
    11. InoxFy AWOL
    12. Eidolonic Not around enough for me to form an opinion on, but at least he's being polite about it.
    13. haemat Welcome. Gib me raeds.
    14. ~ATH Generally unhelpful and aggressive, but hasn't been around enough to drop toooo many scumtells. Still looks bad. Still would be alright with this lynch.
    16. FeralFantom Has basically done a lot of parroting, with really weird and obscure reads/theories on people (re: me and seastorm turbobussing), and do not like.
    17. 50,000 Unstoppable Watts Not around a whole lot recently, but the activity I have seen has been helpful and stuff so...
    18. Kieros Sorry about your busy-ness. Replace out if you need to though~
    21. AKillerCuppaTea I never know what to think of Tea and this game is no exception. Quit breaking my scouter.
    23. El Ninja Monkey 3P or scum. Not town.
    24. Acionyx Angrycat is angry. That is all. And it means absolutely nothing to me.
    Last edited by Mister Visceral; 05-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

  19. #694
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Sorry for the edit guys the red for Sinjin said redd. And I didn't edit fast enough.

    K I'm done now.

  20. #695
    Bad robot. InoxFy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Huge contradiction detected


    You list ENM as "Not town" in your readwall.
    You claim to have targetted him with your claimed power.

    I don't even... Vote: Mr. Visceral

  21. #696
    Dullard Doofaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    653

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Random thing to edit but ok.

    You readwall doesn't show anything saving you from that claim, but at least thanks for posting it.
    You were second on my scumlist too so we've got sealer here.

    Vote: Mister Visceral

    May your antics continue far into the afterlife.
    Yup.

  22. #697
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    Quote Originally Posted by InoxFy View Post
    Huge contradiction detected


    You list ENM as "Not town" in your readwall.
    You claim to have targetted him with your claimed power.

    I don't even... Vote: Mr. Visceral
    I explained this. Read. e_e

  23. #698
    Shh no tears mr_y_not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Dinner Table
    Posts
    2,260

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl

    WHAM-- HAMMER

    The beautiful Solaris will post night end flavour~~

    Edit: On that note MV don't post after a hammervote.

  24. #699
    What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Kingdom
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs
    Posts
    14,960

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - NIGHT TREE: Rocked Out but not Burned Out

    NIGHT TWO


    Once more, the fishknights had selected someone who had drawn their ire enough that they would send them to DR. SNAPPER, the EXECUTIONER.



    The executioner's death of choice for the day was DROWNING IN LAVA They would submerge the selected fishknight in the lava, where he would drown from the liquid heat. The various fishknights stood by as the selected candidate honorably allowed himself to be strapped on to the lowering harness, only asking for one request before he go down.



    THE SHELLSHOCKER WAS PLACED INTO HIS HANDS, ALLOWING HIM TO PLAY ONE FINAL TUNE. HE PLAYED WITH POWER AND PRECISION LIKE NO OTHER, EACH CORD STRIKING INTO THE OTHER FISHKNIGHT'S HEARTS LIKE CUPIDS ARROW. IT PIERCED INTO THEIR SOULS, AND EVEN AS HIS LEGS BEGAN TO MELT, HE DID NOT WAVER.



    "We.. WE CAN'T LET THIS GO ON!" Screamed Lord Kilgore, "It is too beautiful!"

    But it was too late, the guitar that was playing to their hearts had begun to burn, and the brave fishknight knew his fate. He signaled into the air as he played that final, soul wrenching note and whispered to the rest of them.

    "God save the queen."




    Mister Visceral
    The Colonel Barylqu - Interceptor Vigilante


    A very explosive expert on the side of the Fishknights, The Colonel wields the power of rock and roll to bring JUSTICE to those who deserve it. From his power strumms to his fist pumping, there is just no stopping his mind blowing music. It is said that if anyone were to hear him play all by their lonesome, they would explode.

    The first time that The Colonel played his guitar, the Shellrocker, three people died. He would spend the next few years atoning for what he had done before meeting the mystical Fish Turtle. The giant creature would teach Barylqu of just what it took to have THE CHOPS and how he could NOT kill people with your awesome rock music... as long as more than one person was listening.

    At night, he could have selected a target to patrol. Should only one other person visit, the other visitor would have been killed. If more than one other person visited his target the other visitors would have been informed of the presence of an interceptor and nobody would have died.

    Mister Visceral was sided with Queen Mollusca, and thus was an honest member of The Grand Fishknights and will be dearly mourned for.


    Night ends Friday the 11th, 12:00 am EST.
    Last edited by Solaris; 05-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.

  25. #700
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: The Grand Fishknights of Oceania - DAY TWO: Twice the Charm, Twice the Harm (Repl


Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •