MSPA Forums
Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Quote Originally Posted by shadowedAngel View Post
    Huh? What do you mean?
    BTW, Here's a peek at my Everyone is Grimdark Rose Folder.

EDIT: I'll get on with Grimdarkifying Karkat and Terezi once I've found good enough panels to manip. Any suggestions?
    One of the better folders, I'd say.

Oh and techloveArtist made the Gamzee folder and if you cull her I'm gonna have to beat your angel so hard the shadow falls off, rawr.

It would be interesting to know more about Grimdarkness actually. What conditions must be met to achieve it. It is only for Derse dreamers? Only for Seers? etc.
    MSPA ♣House IRC - MAPLEHOOF'S ADVENTURE - Holly's Valentines Requests [CLOSED] - Avatars - Emoticons - tumblr

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    It would be interesting to know more about Grimdarkness actually. What conditions must be met to achieve it. It is only for Derse dreamers? Only for Seers? etc.
    I personally think that the Horrorterrors do it as an attempt to stop anyone who knows/want to know too much about Horrorterrors.

Prince of Void/Bard of Shit shadowedAngel's Avatar
    Land of Mangoes and Sunshine (Philippines)
    Pronouns
    [none]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    One of the better folders, I'd say.

Oh and techloveArtist made the Gamzee folder and if you cull her I'm gonna have to beat your angel so hard the shadow falls off, rawr.

I'd like to see you try. Haa Haa Hee Hee Hoo Hoo...

After all... You would redefine what it means to be CULLED in troll society. Under your rule it would mean caring for the unfit and infirm rather than exterminating them, and you have put this idea into practice by CULLING THE FORA OF THE DEEP.

I'm also interested in what causes Grimdarkness. Is it only caused by Horrorterrors or are there other ways?

EDIT: Working on Grimdarkifying Karkat. Have yet to find a panel for Terezi that's suitable for Grimdarkifying.
    Last edited by shadowedAngel; 03-15-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    uu: THIS IS GOING TO BE GAY AS HELL. http://i.imgur.com/FUFnL.png

Maid of Space genteelGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Anyone else think that grimdark actually flips whatever title the player has been given? Seer is supposed to be a passive class, yet Rose became destructive on a massive scale. She stopped even using her power, and simply started destroying things. She still used it from time to time, but, most the way, the revelations to destroy things came from the Horrorterrors, not her.

Maybe grimdarkness is simply being pushed too far into the opposite direction of your intended role. The Horrorterrors might of just nudged this along. Or, in the latter example, it's where the HT's corrupt whatever role you have so as to turn it into it's opposite form. The HT's take on the role that was lost. It's basically accepting the HT's control over you. Fun.
    To avoid confusion, but not by much ------>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GoNVp.pnghttp://mspaforums.com/images/smilies/candycorn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/w0AkI.gif 'should have', 'could have', 'might have', 'would have'. Hoo hoo hoo, mm.

Net Idol Tenma Moderator Kíeros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genteelGunslinger View Post
    Anyone else think that grimdark actually flips whatever title the player has been given? Seer is supposed to be a passive class, yet Rose became destructive on a massive scale. She stopped even using her power, and simply started destroying things. She still used it from time to time, but, most the way, the revelations to destroy things came from the Horrorterrors, not her.

Maybe grimdarkness is simply being pushed too far into the opposite direction of your intended role. The Horrorterrors might of just nudged this along. Or, in the latter example, it's where the HT's corrupt whatever role you have so as to turn it into it's opposite form. The HT's take on the role that was lost. It's basically accepting the HT's control over you. Fun.
    So, what I'm getting from that is that it's an anti-cheating measure. Got it.
    Rules     :     Mods
    [R4G] Break In

Bard of Heart/Thief of Pants Gumba Masta's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

So the empress being a dark sillouette might actually not just being a artistic style but just her having gone grimdark from her long connection to G'lb-Gylob?
    Lord Protector of the Kormorant Isles, keeper of the sacred DeviantART, Knight of the sad countenance, Royal nibbler of nuts, fruits and berries and Art Forum Thread esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post
    I had thought that that was a possibility, but then I was like, 'Nah, even Hussie wouldn't think to stuff a troll in there.' Besides, they've obviously used it before, Gamzee couldn't be hiding in there the WHOLE TIME!
    Dirk gave him the captcha code for an egg timer in a dream shortly after they left the Green Sun. He's spent most of his time since then hiding in the past. And he's not coming out until Kanaya stops looking around for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    I personally think that the Horrorterrors do it as an attempt to stop anyone who knows/want to know too much about Horrorterrors.
    For all we know, it could just be something Doc Scratch did to people who asked too many questions he wasn't prepared to answer. If the aim was to keep her quiet for a bit, it worked pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by fairlyArbitrary View Post
    Dirk gave him the captcha code for an egg timer in a dream shortly after they left the Green Sun. He's spent most of his time since then hiding in the past. And he's not coming out until Kanaya stops looking around for him.
    He's probably going to be hiding for a long time, then. Kanaya's not going to be dying any time soon.
    [R4G] Break In

So a grimdark void player would go....Grimlight?

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

gG,
    this is great,
    you are great.

i think, even though we have a small sample size of grimdarkiness (...only rose), this could be really cool. part of me wants to see grimdrunk roxy just to make sure this theory is correct. but i don't think anyone actually wants to see grimdrunk roxy. whatta mess.

also good morning, kiddos.

My Tumblr!

Prince of Void/Bard of Shit shadowedAngel's Avatar
    Land of Mangoes and Sunshine (Philippines)
    Pronouns
    [none]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smitt View Post
    So a grimdark void player would go....Grimbright?
    Fix'd
    Also, if Grimdarkness inverts a player's aspect and class, what would happen to Breath players? Will they be graced with suffocation?
    uu: THIS IS GOING TO BE GAY AS HELL. http://i.imgur.com/FUFnL.png

Quote Originally Posted by knottedOdyssey View Post
    gG,
    this is great,
    you are great.

i think, even though we have a small sample size of grimdarkiness (...only rose), this could be really cool. part of me wants to see grimdrunk roxy just to make sure this theory is correct. but i don't think anyone actually wants to see grimdrunk roxy. whatta mess.

also good morning, kiddos.
    Well, theoretically, a sample size of one could be significant. It's really unlikely, but it could happen.
    [R4G] Break In

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Kíeros View Post
    Well, theoretically, a sample size of one could be significant. It's really unlikely, but it could happen.
    Yeah! I am not saying it isn't a great sample that proves gG's theory right?
    Just that perhaps we need another grimdarkie to make SURE it's right.
    Also I am hoping and praying for grimdrunk becuase grim drunk
    But it is a pretty significant sample. To me, Rose seems like the kind of person who would largely follow the rules of the game, at least at first, out of respect for the structure of the game. But the grimdark makes her do just the opposite! Which is very interesting indeed.

My Tumblr!

Dance with me! Metaphorically. psychapprentice's Avatar

Grimdarkness is the term used to describe the state which envelopes those who learn the truth about things that must remain obfuscated. Whether or not the Horrorterrors have righteous motives is not a simple yes or no answer. Upon her prodding, Rose got a glimpse of the truth, and it tore her mind and body apart. Within every one of us, there is a piece of grimdarkness inside us, almost like a blackened fire, that is held back by our mental fortitude. It grows in power the more we learn, but in most cases, it also gets easier to abate. Babies have little knowledge and little grimdarkness. The broader your mind, until a certain point of total clarity, the more you are susceptible to grimdarkness. Rose has always been very high-minded and thoughtful, and I would guess that Seers are more vulnerable to succumbing to the grimdark. Dersite players in general may be more likely to think in ways that foster grimdarkness.

In summation, grimdarkness is your "reward" for peering into the very fabric of the universe. Your mind is clouded with horribleterrible thoughts, and your body gains a shadowy, "magical" control over your environment. It is only bad in the sense that there can ever truly be good and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by psychapprentice View Post
    In summation, grimdarkness is your "reward" for peering into the very fabric of the universe.
    So science is evil? Oh, yeah.

Dance with me! Metaphorically. psychapprentice's Avatar

It's not so much science itself as it is the philosophical implications of the science.

For instance, imagine we found some sort of scientific proof that god does not exist. People would be forced to either ignore it, and continue irrationally clinging to their rituals, they could accept it, and live a normal life like atheists today do, or they accept that their entire life has been meaningless, and go completely batshit crazy.

For Rose, something incomprehensible appeared in the Cue Ball. It is unknowable to us what exactly it was. Needless to say, it challenged her belief(s) about something(s) fundamental about the universe. Unlike the example above, this new perspective was so deep and important that she went one step farther than clarity-driven-insanity. She went grimdark.

EDIT: I have lots more to say, and perhaps I'm not explaining it thoroughly enough, but I need to get to class. When I return, I will expound upon the difference between Dersite leanings and Prospitian outlooks. And also about Eridan.

Mad scientists. Enough said.
    [R4G] Break In

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

yeah so instead of doing my assignment I spent an hour or so agonising over a massive/useless post in the feedback thread

This was a very intelligent decision.

You think you're hot shit? colwag's Avatar

I'm still flipping such massive birds you could teach them fly and head to Saffron City.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    yeah so instead of doing my assignment I spent an hour or so agonising over a massive/useless post in the feedback thread

This was a very intelligent decision.
    I've taken note of it, and I think it's a good post. These days I have a bit more sway, so it definitely wasn't pointless!

In fact, it's good to hear from the voices of those who like the things they are. The silent majority are pretty useless when they're silent.

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashdenej View Post
    Everyone's invited.

Talk about Homestuck, please. Try to keep reaction images to a minimum, one sentence or contentless posts likewise, and chat about the comic.

Have fun, stay in school, don't do drugs recreationally.
    Best OP ever

anyway guys

I have not showered in DAYS. As in, two.

I need a haircut, AND a shave.

I stink to high heaven.

I've been wearing the same clothes for nearly 24 hours.

And I just found ANOTHER moirail last night. I've had AT LEAST 4. Not counting this one.

What the FUCK has Homestuck done to me??
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk
    Would you like to play a game?

Where the hell do you keep getting moirails, anyways?

Quit hogging them up, can't you see some of us are extremely destructive to the community here, and are in real need of someone who could help pacify them?

...bah I'd be just like Vriska with a moirail anyways. Ignore them until I really want to angst. Then ignore them more.

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colwag View Post
    Where the hell do you keep getting moirails, anyways?

Quit hogging them up, can't you see some of us are extremely destructive to the community here, and are in real need of someone who could help pacify them?

...bah I'd be just like Vriska with a moirail anyways. Ignore them until I really want to angst. Then ignore them more.

sup bro

fist bunp?
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk
    Would you like to play a game?

/casually ignores

/pours out gasoline on Hussie's lawn in the shape of the Scorpio sign, lights on fire

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashdenej View Post
    I've taken note of it, and I think it's a good post. These days I have a bit more sway, so it definitely wasn't pointless!

In fact, it's good to hear from the voices of those who like the things they are. The silent majority are pretty useless when they're silent.
    thanks, ash. That's good to hear.

I feel like whenever I venture into the administrative forum I end up embarrassing myself.

Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast