MSPA Forums
Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

Re: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post
    What about people like me who choose not to use punctuation in order to indicate a more rambling sort of tone

What about us
    Ahah, I do that sometimes too! Like when I end my sentences with line breaks instead of periods, in a way saying "I'm not done with this statement, but I want to emphasize the point I'm about to make."

I think, though, it's up to the poster to use their discretion. If they actually type enough to reach the end of a line without using a period then that should be fair. On the other hand, if you're using linebreaks for each individual word, and you only end up saying something like 5 words... Well really. That's not cool. That's when it's probably not okay with the moderators.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

Banned
    I'm not sure. It's dark and moist and something is chewing on my foot
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    These updates are boring, we should go back to Jade and those other guys.
    No, I will not accept this. Not until the meteor crashes through Nepeta's Dream bubble

These updates are boring, we should go back to Jade and those other guys.
    I'm kinda digging these updates. I always like hearing Karkat's thoughts and personal musings, simply because he strikes me as the most un-troll-like of all the trolls.
    And I'm a nerd for research and research-related goings-on.
    So I'm cool with these updates. Who knows? Maybe we'll get more Title/Aspect related explanations, or some esoteric game lore. Maybe some hints dropped about Lord English and whatnot, and the proper steps to beat him.
    We could always get more glimpses of dead God Tier Trolls, which is never a bad thing, I think.
    My ChumHandle is arcaneTechnocrat, and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing... EXCEPT when I'm pretty sure I do?
    Also, I draw. I may post some art up somewhere, at some time.
    PesterChum Status: Offline

Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    Screen settings can affect your punctuation? Because that is what separates sentences. I think you meant like, number of lines of text?
    It affects length of the post. My desktop runs 1600x900 and makes single lines out of some posts.
    Previous Old Lady avatar credit to the Benevolent аshdenej.

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

Quote Originally Posted by shadowedAngel View Post
    Wow, how would he manage to live inside that for a year? All that coffee perhaps?
    he comes out when everyone is sleeping for bagels and faygo

baygo maybe
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Banned
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post

baygo maybe
    Can alchimeters be used for the culinary arts? If so, I want one more than ever

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by ashdenej View Post
    I am willing to accept that style of capitalisation and linebreaking as seperate sentences.

Dani, do you ever listen to anything the moderators say
    WHAT, WHAT'S GOING ON?
    Does this mean I have to think up a second sentence whenever I want to post something?
    fitter happier more productive

Banned
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

WHAT, WHAT'S GOING ON?
    Does this mean I have to think up a second sentence whenever I want to post something?
    Yes.
    You do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlyn View Post
    It affects length of the post. My desktop runs 1600x900 and makes single lines out of some posts.
    :/
    They just said, Dexlyn, "lines != sentences"
    Sentences are indicated by PERIODS. Or if you're british, FULL-STOPS.
    I don't think length of post is necessarily what's being judged here, rather... content.

Can we all just agree that there's a certain point where a post stops being a single thought and turns into a fully expressed sentiment?
    Single thoughts are not appreciated here, but fully expressed sentiments contribute to the discussion and allow people to really RESPOND to them. Hopefully, with their own sentiments or statements.

This is an example of a statement that would be helpful. I'm not specifically saying "No, you're wrong" or anything. I'm clarifying what the moderators mean, and hopefully I'm suggesting something that they can agree with. If they don't agree with it, they can respond with their own ideas, and from there a conversation will spring. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm singling you out or anything, Dexlyn, your post simply... got me thinking.

WHAT, WHAT'S GOING ON?
    Yes Daniel, you will have to put some thought into your posts from now on.

I know that as Nepeta's #1 fan thought is a foreign concept to you but we would appreciate it if you would at least try.

Rooted Drifter/Prince of Void PumpkinMan's Avatar
    Right behind you... no, a bit to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post

baygo maybe
    That sounds like a lot of fiber. We may have a constipated, hypercaffeinated alien juggalo on our hands once he comes out if that's the case. And I for one can't wait.

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMan View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fiber. We may have a constipated, hypercaffeinated alien juggalo on our hands once he comes out if that's the case. And I for one can't wait.
    Faygo is not actually that caffeinated. It's very high in sugar, though, so I guess it gives the same kind of reaction as drinking too much coffee. Then again, if he's been drinking that for a year, he probably got a heart attack and Kanaya won't have to do anything.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post
    Yes Daniel, you will have to put some thought into your posts from now on.

I know that as Nepeta's #1 fan thought is a foreign concept to you but we would appreciate it if you would at least try.
    I put a lot of thought into my posts.
    I do.
    Really.
    It's true.
    fitter happier more productive

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Zero View Post
    "lines =/= sentences"
    I don't think length of post is necessarily what's being judged here, rather... content.

Can we all just agree that there's a certain point where a post stops being a single thought and turns into a fully expressed sentiment?
    Single thoughts are not appreciated here, but fully expressed sentiments contribute to the discussion and allow people to really RESPOND to them. Hopefully, with their own sentiments or statements.

This is an example of a statement that would be helpful. I'm not specifically saying "No, you're wrong" or anything. I'm clarifying what the moderators mean, and hopefully I'm suggesting something that they can agree with. If they don't agree with it, they can respond with their own ideas, and from there a conversation will spring. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm singling you out or anything, Dexlyn, your post simply... got me thinking.
    This is a golden post! It is going on my Wall of Good Posts. I'm glad you're thinking about this, actually.

If everyone puts in that little bit more effort, things will be more enjoyable for everyone involved!

Posts like this, on the other hand:

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Crocker
    I.
    Am.
    So.
    Cool.
    Are dumb and stupid and will get you a warning!

Does this express my feelings enough?
    I hope it gets people's attention at least. Seriously guys. I really don't mean to be a back-seat moderator or anything, but I'm not simply ignoring the mods either.

When ash said "Don't make one sentence posts" he didn't mean "Make two sentence posts."
    The moderators want useful thoughts. Thoughts that contribute to a reasonable discussion. Can we try to do that? Can we try to put a bit more THOUGHT into our posts?

e: JESUS DICK. That image is just TERRIBLE quality! Blame imgur. :/

e2: "People are asked not to make one-line posts"
    sadgorg.jpg
    "People start making two-line posts"

Also, yes, I totally forgot that it was one-sentence posts that were being criticized, and my last post even specifically stated that lines and sentences are not the same, but really... The message is still clear enough. Even if the image isn't.
    Last edited by Doom Zero; 03-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Zero View Post
    :/
    They just said, Dexlyn, "lines != sentences"

99% of the time my posting causes that and reminds me I obviously can't type or read on this iPod. I honestly thought we were talking about length. Just ignore my ramblings I'm about to call it quits tim I get home.

And on careful inspection, I agree. I need to stop the shirt posts myself since all I contribute is drowning all the actual discussion.
    Previous Old Lady avatar credit to the Benevolent аshdenej.

phantasmaid phantasmalDexterity's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

But he always has bee drinking Faygo! And he didn't even become Fat-Gamzee. I'm more concerned about what he is eating. Probably using the Alchemiter though. Or Karkles keeps him well fed... I Hope.
    I used to be around a lot but then PUASE.... happened.
    I used to have a cool signature, but it got nerfed.

63 of Me Destruction Dragon 360's Avatar

For the sake of future reference, could one, say, comment on the current subject, and then introduce and produce an image? Seeing as manips and reference images are a common luxury of the thread, I think that maybe there should be some guidelines pertaining to the use of images in posts, though clear it may be in regards to the banishment of the image-only post. And what about winkies? It'd be a problem if suddenly all the forumers accustomed to producing an eyebrow raise prior to a certain innuendo then found themselves on the raw end of a slap of the wrist for a post of menial length.

No I'm not trying to be needlessly wordy who asked you?
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png

Quote Originally Posted by phantasmalDexterity View Post
    But he always has bee drinking Faygo! And he didn't even become Fat-Gamzee. I'm more concerned about what he is eating. Probably using the Alchemiter though. Or Karkles keeps him well fed... I Hope.
    I would suspect that Karkat feeds him. Making sure your moirail is healthy is pretty much what a moirail is for, after all.

@DD360: By reaction images I believe that Ash means simply posting a funny image to display your point without actually contributing anything else toe the topic.

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

sometimes i wish i had more to say about the homestuck discussion that i could really contribute to, but usually the topic is "theorize about what idnetemrminate thing will hapen next" or "oponions about the update" and it's difficult to come up with anything to say to that but more crack theories. I'm just so bad at inciting real discussion about it for some reason 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlyn View Post
    I need to stop the shirt posts
    talking about homestuck appearel is fun.

eduttle:

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post
    For the sake of future reference, could one, say, comment on the current subject, and then introduce and produce an image? Seeing as manips and reference images are a common luxury of the thread, I think that maybe there should be some guidelines pertaining to the use of images in posts, though clear it may be in regards to the banishment of the image-only post. And what about winkies? It'd be a problem if suddenly all the forumers accustomed to producing an eyebrow raise prior to a certain innuendo then found themselves on the raw end of a slap of the wrist for a post of menial length.

You can do a winky but then you actually say something because let's be honest here making a winnky response doesn't really require a whole lot of thought and are usually either pretty obvious already, or pretty bizarre.

Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Well I guess this means I can't post any more.

Or does it? >:]
    steam|da|tumblr|art tumblr|mmostuck|mmostuck irc|Somnia - Adventure thing
    MTF corn
    (Please PM me if you try to add me on Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post

I'm defining reaction images as stock images like the silly "take my money" or "trollface" things. If it's art that has been specifically produced for something - a specularnaodm, say - then that's permissible! As long as you don't post random art out of the blue for no reason, which you didn't even make, and without any further contribution... then you should be fine. We're really looking for quality here, and not quantity. It's just that short posts tend to be less qualitiful yes that is a real word than long ones!

Verbosity is next to cleanliness.

And anyone who tries to use loopholes by doing two sentences that are three words long and have no real useful contribution may well find themselves on a fast track to stupidville

I'm defining reaction images as stock images like the silly "take my money" or "trollface" things. If it's art that has been specifically produced for something - a specularnaodm, say - then that's permissible! As long as you don't post random art out of the blue for no reason, which you didn't even make, and without any further contribution... then you should be fine. We're really looking for quality here, and not quantity. It's just that short posts tend to be less qualitiful yes that is a real word than long ones!

And anyone who tries to use loopholes by doing two sentences that are three words long and have no real useful contribution may well find themselves on a fast track to stupidville
    whydontwehaveboth.jpg

I'M SO VERY SORRY.
    Also, what if there is text in the image? Like, if I've taken a wordless image and added two sentences to it (see my last post), is that included in the sentence count?
    I wouldn't post that image all on its own, of course, but if I had a single sentence and then an image with two sentences in it, is that okay?

63 of Me Destruction Dragon 360's Avatar

In all fairness, I think it's safe to say that the people who were making the two sentence posts earlier were doing so jokingly in an attempt to test the limits of the rule, as well as leaving it better defined as a result. Also, if they hadn't, then we wouldn't get to see a silly sadgorg image and more funny fun semi-mod definitive text!
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png