Thread: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Banned
    I'm not sure. It's dark and moist and something is chewing on my foot
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Gamzee's Corpse Party

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Zero View Post

Does this express my feelings enough?
    I hope it gets people's attention at least. Seriously guys. I really don't mean to be a back-seat moderator or anything, but I'm not simply ignoring the mods either.

When ash said "Don't make one sentence posts" he didn't mean "Make two sentence posts."
    The moderators want useful thoughts. Thoughts that contribute to a reasonable discussion. Can we try to do that? Can we try to put a bit more THOUGHT into our posts?

e: JESUS DICK. That image is just TERRIBLE quality! Blame imgur. :/

"People are asked not to make one-sentence posts"
    sadgorg.jpg
    "People start making two-line posts"
    While it is vital to promote more structured arguments and speculation, I don't see why we should be chastised for being succinct. If we can create valid input in two or three sentences, I see no reason why we should have to stretch it out any more than is necessary. An over-worded argument loses its impact as it wears thin. Not everything can or should be extended to or past the limit. I personally think my own argument would have been better if i had stopped after the second sentence, because now it looks like a piece of gum that has stretched so thin it is beginning to tear in the middle.

Knight of Breath Captain Combusken's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

This is why Dave is awesome.

Because making Coffee is such a challenge for him.

Sburbmon || Chain || Saviours [Hiatus] || Mutations [Hiatus]
    3DS FC: 2878-9803-3958

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Zero View Post
    whydontwehaveboth.jpg

I'M SO VERY SORRY.
    Also, what if there is text in the image? Like, if I've taken a wordless image and added two sentences to it (see my last post), is that included in the sentence count?
    I wouldn't post that image all on its own, of course, but if I had a single sentence and then an image with two sentences in it, is that okay?
    I think that this all comes down to a case-by-case basis, in the end. I'm reading the vast majority of this thread anyway, and if people have issues with another person's posting then flagging their post is a good way for the mods to find out!

Also, Wrinkly knows what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefudger View Post
    Quality > Quantity

On the subject of the "coffee machine", my guess is that Tavros's corpse is stuffed in there, and when Dave opens the machine it'll fall on top of him and he'll start flipping the fuck out.

Either that, or it's just filled with smuppets.

Also, does anyone think there's any chance of us seeing Aradia & Sollux in this intermission?

Rooted Drifter/Prince of Void PumpkinMan's Avatar
    Right behind you... no, a bit to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    Faygo is not actually that caffeinated. It's very high in sugar, though, so I guess it gives the same kind of reaction as drinking too much coffee. Then again, if he's been drinking that for a year, he probably got a heart attack and Kanaya won't have to do anything.
    I was working under the assumption that that thing some thought he was hiding in was a coffee machine, in which case he's soaking in coffee all day. A sugar high on top of that, on the other hand, certainly won't help matters. Now that I've gotten to thinking about this, I'm kind of hoping he bursts out of there at the end of the trip in a callback to Dave busting out of that pile of puppets.

Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by Qmark View Post
    Either that, or it's just filled with smuppets.
    Oh my god. Oh my god.
    That would be basically the greatest thing.
    Or maybe scalemates?
    Sigquotes and Soundcloud below!

While it is vital to promote more structured arguments and speculation, I don't see why we should be chastised for being succinct. If we can create valid input in two or three sentences, I see no reason why we should have to stretch it out any more than is necessary. An over-worded argument loses its impact as it wears thin. Not everything can or should be extended to or past the limit. I personally think my own argument would have been better if i had stopped after the second sentence, because now it looks like a piece of gum that has stretched so thin it is beginning to tear in the middle.
    But if you hadn't extended your post you wouldn't have come up with that hilarious simile and that would just be terrible. Other than that I do agree with the sentiment; I usually try to express my thoughts in as few words as needed to get the point across. I doubt that Ash will worry too much about the letter of the law though. As long as the post itself is intelligent and thought provoking the number of words should matter little.

Shit I feel like I used too many periods in this post, it all seems fractured. Bleh.

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalWashrag View Post
    Oh my god. Oh my god.
    Or maybe scalemates?
    Why can't it be both?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMan View Post
    I was working under the assumption that that thing some thought he was hiding in was a coffee machine, in which case he's soaking in coffee all day. A sugar high on top of that, on the other hand, certainly won't help matters. Now that I've gotten to thinking about this, I'm kind of hoping he bursts out of there at the end of the trip in a callback to Dave busting out of that pile of puppets.
    Oh, it was simply that the post you quoted was about Gamzee actually hiding in the machine with Faygo. But I do believe that with the numbers of callbacks that have been done recently, one more certainly wouldn't hurt.

Well, anyway, I've got to go, so don't talk about interesting stuff while I'm gone. Please? (<-is that kind of thing still allowed? Can we still say goodbye if there's some context in our posts?)
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

I would have a much higher post count if I actually hit submit everytime I wrote something. I try to put thought into my posts, but I do not have the gift for insight/verbosity that some of you do. Like Doom. For reals. Most of what I type ends up being three word reactions along the lines of "I agree with thon."
    So, if you see a random Homestuck-related quetion tacked onto the end of randomosity, tha is why.
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

63 of Me Destruction Dragon 360's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMan View Post
    hes hiding IN the WHOREN PILE
    keep in ear open for honks

Do two line jokes count? Because sometimes going beyond the scope of the punchline ruins the comedic mood, and jokes are a vital part of the thread as it maintains a certain level of light-heartedness and joviality.
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png

Oh my god. Oh my god.
    Or maybe scalemates?
    I could totally see Gamzee alchemizing a bunch of smuppets and then hiding them throughout the meteor just to mess with Dave and the others.

Just imagine a walkaround flash as Dave where every chest you open is full of either smuppets or severed heads.

Banned
    I'm not sure. It's dark and moist and something is chewing on my foot
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Oh my god. Oh my god.
    Or maybe scalemates?
    what if
    okay, hear me out
    what if he,
    okay, guys, seriously, listen to this
    what if they took a smuppet,
    and a scalemate,
    and they mixed the two together?
    Smutwyrms!

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

tl;dr
    I know, that's true. But I've seen cases where people make seperate single-sentence responses to different people. Instead, you could respond to both people in the same post and conserve some space for other people.
    At times, I've decided not to go back and edit my post because I know that people aren't reading it anymore. Making a new post at the time would've meant more people would see it. That's a problem for sure, but I think the easiest way to do that is to simply have everybody okay with editing their old posts. That way, people would be more accustomed to going back and reading posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ashdenej View Post
    I think that this all comes down to a case-by-case basis, in the end. I'm reading the vast majority of this thread anyway, and if people have issues with another person's posting then flagging their post is a good way for the mods to find out!

Also, Wrinkly knows what's going on.
    I feel like I would be doing most of the flagging. And there are a lot of people who I don't think necessarily deserve to be "warned" for their posts. I feel like it would be sorta akin to ratting them out or something. And it's too common of a thing to actually tackle.
    Okay but I need to leave now so I'm gonna cut this post short. Outdoors stuff with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Freack View Post
    I would have a much higher post count if I actually hit submit everytime I wrote something. I try to put thought into my posts, but I do not have the gift for insight/verbosity that some of you do. Like Doom. For reals. Most of what I type ends up being three word reactions along the lines of "I agree with thon."
    So, if you see a random Homestuck-related quetion tacked onto the end of randomosity, tha is why.
    whydon'twehaveboth.jpg
    OKAY I'M LEAVING NOW.
    I HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Qmark View Post
    Also, does anyone think there's any chance of us seeing Aradia & Sollux in this intermission?
    I'd expect so. I don't think Andrew would keep us hanging so long till the next Intermission. It's already been long enough. Highfive!

Pronouns
    she/her

Scalemates: Now with plush rumps.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they tried alchemizing a ton of those on day 2.
    And by tried I mean did.
    Sigquotes and Soundcloud below!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post
    But if you hadn't extended your post you wouldn't have come up with that hilarious simile and that would just be terrible. Other than that I do agree with the sentiment; I usually try to express my thoughts in as few words as needed to get the point across. I doubt that Ash will worry too much about the letter of the law though. As long as the post itself is intelligent and thought provoking the number of words should matter little.

Shit I feel like I used too many periods in this post, it all seems fractured. Bleh.
    AAL is making quality posts and other people are too and I am so happy

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post
    Do two line jokes count? Because sometimes going beyond the scope of the punchline ruins the comedic mood, and jokes are a vital part of the thread as it maintains a certain level of light-heartedness and joviality.
    Couldn't a joke be accompanied by other things? Anyway, I'm not a rigid person. If it's amusing / accompanied by other things / a long enough joke or whatever (you get the idea) then it'll be fine! Just don't go overboard with terrible two-line jokes.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Aww, I somehow actually started a topic of conversation yet I wasn't there to see it flower.

...but at least now I have an avatar because of it. I am one step closer to attempting to actually function as part of this community.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I've been very tempted the last few posts to post something along the lines of
    "hello, I thought you should know I reacted thusly to your moderation rules

thank you for your time and goodbye."

I suppose you could say that I just did what I said I was merely tempted to do, forming some facade of a metaphorical bad post, when in reality, it's just a thinly veiled actual bad post pretending to be merely a parody of one.

Don't you just hate it when fake bad is real bad?

(also that chamber Dave is knocking on looks like one of those chambers people get in and are gassed and frozen in time... like in Futurama or Rocket Man.)
    (well damn, now i have actual content, whoops, damn you edit for ruining my metaphoically bad metaphoical post of terribleness)
    Last edited by Gordon; 03-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

that's when you decided to make a post about your post instead :Mspa:

And by tried I mean did.
    Humanimals. I hope they are humanimals.

i'm serious guys i want as many humanimal crossovers as possible, i think aurthour reappearing is foreshadowing this is a serious post.
    Read KTF Here

63 of Me Destruction Dragon 360's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willPowered View Post
    Aww, I somehow actually started a topic of conversation yet I wasn't there to see it flower.

...but at least now I have an avatar because of it. I am one step closer to attempting to actually function as part of this community.
    One day, you'll wake up around 2 p.m., and the first thing you'll do is flip open the laptop and log on to the forums. And you'll find open Arms welcoming you.
    But seriously, you'll find yourself as but another cog in the Hilarity Machine of the MSPA Comic Discussion thread in no time!
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png

Actually, I kinda find it odd that there is a potential that not even Karkat has been watching Gamzee. Gamzee is mental. You can't really leave someone alone like that.

CoMe To ThE #mSpA iRc!
    main | reblog blog | Tricksters Blog!!!!! | Little Troll Stuck (MORE LINKS BELOW)

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post
    Humanimals. I hope they are humanimals.

i'm serious guys i want as many humanimal crossovers as possible, i think aurthour reappearing is foreshadowing this is a serious post.
    Thankfully Aurthour is dead and so is his ghost.

Now we just have to deal with an army of his weird species.
    Jake must be pretty messed up living surrounded by all kinds of weird creatures like that.
    He might bring a few along into the medium.

bustin-bustin-bustin-bustin- Karp's Avatar

And by tried I mean did.
    Any situation that ends with Dave buried in bulbous foam asses is a good one.

Although him being buried beneath Aurthours would be pretty funny too.
    Click below for Dancin' Lil' Seb, The WV Folder and other stuff.
    VV Do it. VV

Quote Originally Posted by techloveArtist View Post
    Actually, I kinda find it odd that there is a potential that not even Karkat has been watching Gamzee. Gamzee is mental. You can't really leave someone alone like that.
    The question then is, is Gamzee hiding himself? Or has Karkles hidden him away for his own protection?
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

On Discussion:
    I'm curious as to what Gamzee has been doing over the past year, and why he only lets Karkat anywhere near him. Well maybe that second part is obvious because of the whole moirail thing, and the whole "Kanaya wants to chainsaw me in half", but still I do not think Rose, Terezi or Dave has a MAJOR beef against him, you think he would show their faces.
    I guess my main concern about it though is that I really have no particular clue or speculah on why Gamzee is doing what he's doing, or even his mental state at the moment. And I hate when I'm like that in comic because half of my enjoyment of homestuck comes from speculating and trying to guess what happens next.

On the whole No More One Liners thing:
    I think a complete thought is more important than actually keeping track of sentences, because you can make a fairly good point in just one sentence, and you can make a fairy stupid and useless point in one sentence, it all really depends on how much thought is put into the post.