MSPA Forums
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2483

Thread: IDE/Theory Thread 24: The Pink Moon's moon is Io

  1. #1551
    Seer of Choice azhdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of Dramatic Temperatures and Misquotes
    Pronouns
    [any]
    Posts
    609

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    Alright, so that last conversation with UU seems to be very strongly hinting that UU/uu are split personalities. (The only problem being that they supposedly have different blood colours? There are probably other problems.)

    Since they dream on different moons, it seems pretty likely that they have two separate dreamselves which may be more pure embodiments of their respective personalities.
    For the sake of getting all angles looked at, the mess could have been made easily by uu just playing Sburb as the sever player. Rose made a rather big mess of Johns house, for instance.
    Also there is the fact they have different blood.

    IDE: Something I thought of a while ago, UU is the hero of space. She goes though the game with uu, and after a while something happens and she flips her shit, starts identifying as male, and gaining time powers. He then goes back in time as uu to complete time loops, although this time as the hero of time. That is one reason that uu is so damn frustrated by all the shenanigans, not only are they stupid but he has already had to deal with them once.
    Edit: this still doesn't explain the blood. I suppose he could have gotten so sort of transplant? Or he could be lying about it for some reason. Or this could be a bullshit crack theory...
    Last edited by azhdrake; 04-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.

  2. #1552
    Best bros with Dave Blaperile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    9,393

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by azhdrake View Post
    That is one reason that uu is so damn frustrated by all the shenanigans, not only are they stupid but he has already had to deal with them once.
    Welp this reminds me too much of Karkat's memo shenanigans.

    ...

    Excellent.


  3. #1553

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Death and Taxes
    Posts
    411

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Could the difference in blood colours simply be about dreamselves?

    We already know that one body can have a dreamself on each moon -- maybe uu is a Mage like Sollux.

    If UU/uu's Prospit dreamself is female and their Derse dreamself is male, then why can't the separate dreamselves have different blood colors too? Dreamselves reflect the desires of the dreamer instead of physical reality. That's why Tavros' dreamself could still walk.

  4. #1554

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    IDE: UU/uu is a troll version of a chimera (medically, a set of fraternal twins that have merged to be a single person). This allows for a single body whilst still having two entire genomes present (or more). Blood shenanigans gives rise to the multiple personalities.

    IDE alt: One is a troll, the other is human. Someone got fancy with ectobiology and made a hybrid.

  5. #1555

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    IDE: UU and uu are split personalities, with one actually being the other's dreamself, and somehow they're playing the game as each other's server and client

  6. #1556
    Captain Sparrowsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Something witty. Maybe I'm behind you or something stupid like that.
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanymstorm View Post
    And your point?
    ...
    Okay, fine, how's this? The grate leads to a rudimentary sewer system. The scarabs can't burrow through rock, and are reluctant to emerge onto the surface. The grate was simply keeping them out of the room.

    As for the pods, how do those even work? If it's contrived, it's simply because they are a contrivance. They do what they are designed to do. They don't run out of water because they are inexhaustible airborne water dispensers and I can't for the life of me find a good panel with the turtle shells on LOLAR doing the exact same thing but there's that too.

    edit: Here we go.
    Yeah but the water/light dispensers are part of the land title (Light and Helium) so it falls into the same game territory as electricity/internet/lava that doesn't melt you/pools of blood with no origin/etc
    the scarabs are not part of the land's title, nor have any salamander tablets mentioned them, so they are an oddity.

    So while it could be, and probably is, a feature of the game, I don't think we should be hasty to shrug it off. Everything else was dead, save for a few flowers and the pod things. There were skulls everywhere, complex mechanical puzzles that worked off of refracting different colours of light, but then also scarabs. Seems odd that a civilization that knows millions of years will pass would hinge the whole thing on a handful of scarabs.
    Seems... Noteworthy?


    Also, someone hit Jake over the head with something, are we not having any IDEs about that? I'm betting it was uu... Shenanigans.
    Your name is Sparrowsmith. Of course, it's not really, but you like to pretend that when online due to an inside joke which only you get. It's kind of ironic. Your Avatar was made by аshdenej, it is an awesome sparrow. You just posted something lame, like you always do. You don't mind this, because it was intentional.
    Diskbreak:

  7. #1557
    Outlines all the way down josephStaleknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    uoıʇɐɔoך (Also, talkhaus)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by linkman0596 View Post
    IDE: UU and uu are split personalities, with one actually being the other's dreamself, and somehow they're playing the game as each other's server and client
    Alternately, they both are in the same body and a simple bump on the head is all it takes to get them to switch. This may explain UU's unwillingness to talk about her brother as well as how uu could easily have torn up her hive; he was there all along, waiting for the moment UU slipped up and lost control of the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiwaxia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    My momey's still on Eridan defeating Lord English.
    Yo Momey so off-base she's playing outfield.

  8. #1558
    Best bros with Dave Blaperile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    9,393

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    One of the tablets did mention "I'll go back to eating bugs", these bugs could have been the scarabs.


  9. #1559

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Death and Taxes
    Posts
    411

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    IDE alt: One is a troll, the other is human. Someone got fancy with ectobiology and made a hybrid.
    I like it!

    How's about this?

    IDE: The Condesce got tired of ruling a world with no trolls in it, but she didn't feel like ecto-cloning herself. So she created Uu with ectobiology. Uu is the hatebaby of Condesce/Sassacre.

    Uu thinks of themselves as a troll because of course mommy Condesce would make sure they thought that way.

    Uu was isolated because the Condesce saw Uu as a failed experiment. Isolation caused Uu to form an alternate personality for company, the same way Dirk created the AR.

  10. #1560

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    UU is looking forward to being in the game, and sees the isolation as a positive thing "Yes,isn't it great?" because that's what she really wants out of this game: a way out of getting so cropped up with her brother that she has never met in person.
    Also with the blood color: since UU is apparently one of those crazy fan people, I can see her assigning blood colors to people based on their personality and how they would be like as a troll. (so yes those horns were cos-play in this theory)

  11. #1561
    Heir of Blood Legendary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    4,786

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    I also have this feeling that it could just be because of Hemera's personality, or the conditions of the session that there are no Underlings (in her Land) at least.
    I think my big hesitation with this is that Rose states the enemies of a Void session are weaker, but not non-extant. Everything about Jane's dead world screams "This is what a Void session looks like normally" to me, so I must therefore conclude that there is a reason the enemies aren't showing up yet.
    WARNING: Contents of my posts may be more sardonic than they appear.

    Skype Stuff:

  12. #1562
    Low Tehcrnonaninser InvertedVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The future, and I wish I could go back.
    Posts
    1,447

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    I think my big hesitation with this is that Rose states the enemies of a Void session are weaker, but not non-extant. Everything about Jane's dead world screams "This is what a Void session looks like normally" to me, so I must therefore conclude that there is a reason the enemies aren't showing up yet.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to go with wait and see for this one. If we get a Jane-Hemera conversation now, though, I'm betting we get an answer within.
    Avatar avatar'ed by me, then WholeLataPie'd by WholeLataPie.

  13. #1563
    Thane of Guile
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Land of Tundra and Graphite
    Posts
    240

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freack View Post
    If UU/uu ends up hodtiering, I think they will "separate."
    Okay, I have to reply to this simply because it is way too apropos a typo.

    IDE: At some point uu will go blind, possibly even after achieving God Tier, and still succeed in killing UU, possibly with an arrow and probably while being manipulated either by his Denizen or some agent of Derse (probably Diamond Droog, since he's about the only one with the patience for such things).

    (For those to whom this IDE makes no sense, Hod is the blind Norse god of darkness who was tricked into killing Baldr.)
    Your chumHandle is [COLOR="0,75,100"]carnackiArdent[/COLOR], and people should feel free to add you, even if you are kind of quiet on messenger programs.

    "My mind is steel and lightning and opens to the sky. Poor insect, you dare speak to me about thinking?"
    - Dr. Lupin Madblood, Narbonic

  14. #1564
    Captain Sparrowsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Something witty. Maybe I'm behind you or something stupid like that.
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    I think my big hesitation with this is that Rose states the enemies of a Void session are weaker, but not non-extant. Everything about Jane's dead world screams "This is what a Void session looks like normally" to me, so I must therefore conclude that there is a reason the enemies aren't showing up yet.
    This.
    I'm tempted to think it's because she's not at her house. That's where all of John's imps started out and then headed towards. She also hasn't gone through the first portal yet, so she's not really in her land yet (then again, she doesn't have any portals) so I'm guessing the imps are just in a different place to her and have to way to get to her.
    Your name is Sparrowsmith. Of course, it's not really, but you like to pretend that when online due to an inside joke which only you get. It's kind of ironic. Your Avatar was made by аshdenej, it is an awesome sparrow. You just posted something lame, like you always do. You don't mind this, because it was intentional.
    Diskbreak:

  15. #1565
    Waste of Breath Jolts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Land of Lakes and Faygo
    Posts
    477

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    I think my big hesitation with this is that Rose states the enemies of a Void session are weaker, but not non-extant. Everything about Jane's dead world screams "This is what a Void session looks like normally" to me, so I must therefore conclude that there is a reason the enemies aren't showing up yet.
    I remember somebody saying somewhere that Echidna was the mother of all monsters. Maybe she was the only denizen who actually produced underlings while the rest of them simply sent them over their planet. Since none of the denizens are Echidna in the new session, maybe that's why there aren't any underlings.
    That, and I doubt that this is really what a Void session typically looks like. There are plenty of special circumstances in this session besides the lack of prototyping, and this could be one of them.

  16. #1566
    Sylph of Heart OccasionalCoyotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In bed with your mom
    Posts
    4

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    IDE: There's some significance to UU and uu's blood colors.

    UU appears to be a lime blood.
    uu appears to have candy-red blood.

    Based on how the order of the zodiac and the hemospectrum are directly related, one could assume Karkat's blood, had he not been a mutant, would have been lime.

    I really don't know where I'm going with this, but saying Uu can't be a split personality because of their blood colors might not be a completely accurate assumption. There's got to be some correlation between them and Karkat.

    And yes, I totally DID make an account just to post this. Welp.

  17. #1567

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowsmith View Post
    Yeah but the water/light dispensers are part of the land title (Light and Helium) so it falls into the same game territory as electricity/internet/lava that doesn't melt you/pools of blood with no origin/etc
    the scarabs are not part of the land's title, nor have any salamander tablets mentioned them, so they are an oddity.

    So while it could be, and probably is, a feature of the game, I don't think we should be hasty to shrug it off. Everything else was dead, save for a few flowers and the pod things. There were skulls everywhere, complex mechanical puzzles that worked off of refracting different colours of light, but then also scarabs. Seems odd that a civilization that knows millions of years will pass would hinge the whole thing on a handful of scarabs.
    Seems... Noteworthy?
    After millions of years, there is no way that a local scarab population would not manage to eat whatever was in their cage, either. If the cage is large enough to hold a few bugs for milllions of years with enough food, then there would be no way thatt the scarabs would pop out the instant that the gate opened. Basicaly, there is no way to contain a self-contained ecosystem in a box small enough that that many bugs would all walk out the instant that the gate opened. As such, the box was very small and contained a few more scarabs which didn't leave the box. This is all suppport for the idea that the planet appears in an exact configuration which suggests a past. Like, there were never any lizzards alive in the first place. The tablets and sculls were just spawned with the world.

  18. #1568
    Page of Space Storm980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Land of Portals and Frogs
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    555

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    (I had already posted this before, but now I found the right thread for it. Im new here lol)


    Notice how the Alpha kids are called 'Nobles'
    Notice how Jane's planet ends with a Noble Gas (Helium)
    Also notice how it has a theme of death because of Crypts

    Following this pattern, we can presume that the rest of the planets could be:

    Land of Pyramids and Neon
    Land of Tombs and Krypton
    Land of Masouleums and Xenon (I dont think I spelt Masouleums correctly)

    Pyramids, Tombs, and Masouleums all correspond with death just like Crypts.
    Im on the forums and you can too!

  19. #1569
    Captain Sparrowsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Something witty. Maybe I'm behind you or something stupid like that.
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm980 View Post
    (I had already posted this before, but now I found the right thread for it. Im new here lol)


    Notice how the Alpha kids are called 'Nobles'
    Notice how Jane's planet ends with a Noble Gas (Helium)
    Also notice how it has a theme of death because of Crypts

    Following this pattern, we can presume that the rest of the planets could be:

    Land of Pyramids and Neon
    Land of Tombs and Krypton
    Land of Masouleums and Xenon (I dont think I spelt Masouleums correctly)

    Pyramids, Tombs, and Masouleums all correspond with death just like Crypts.
    Meanwhile in the past, but not very far.

    So yeah, you're a little late to the party on that one, there's even a nifty picture.

    There's also some noble gases that begin with Unun (uu) which may or may not also be relevant.
    Your name is Sparrowsmith. Of course, it's not really, but you like to pretend that when online due to an inside joke which only you get. It's kind of ironic. Your Avatar was made by аshdenej, it is an awesome sparrow. You just posted something lame, like you always do. You don't mind this, because it was intentional.
    Diskbreak:

  20. #1570
    Page of Space Storm980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Land of Portals and Frogs
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    555

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Wow

    Man do I feel dumb

    I thought I had something

    Im on the forums and you can too!

  21. #1571
    Knight of Mind The Mather1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Land of Mountains and Rivers
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    1,384

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowsmith View Post
    There's also some noble gases that begin with Unun (uu) which may or may not also be relevant.
    Yeah, I have a feeling Hussie won't use an element that is literally named one-hundred-and-eighteen-ium. He's way to classy to jump on how one noble gas is abbreviated UUO thanks to the amount of protons it contains alone.
    Last edited by The Mather1; 04-15-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

  22. #1572
    Always stargazing Omoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    somewhere among the stars
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    520

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Land of Masouleums and Xenon
    I kind of hope that instead of "mausoleums" the M in LOMAX ends up standing for "Morgues" because then it would be filled with creepy hospitals. Thousands upon thousands of creepy hospitals all lined up in a row. It would give the whole place a nice "Silent Hill" vibe if there were ever a walk around flash there.

  23. #1573
    obolisk0430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Land of Sun and Palmtrees
    Posts
    519

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Jane's land's name's first part being crypts doesn't set a theme, because we've only seen the one.

  24. #1574
    For external use only npc revolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    One step ahead
    Posts
    385

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm980 View Post
    Wow

    Man do I feel dumb

    I thought I had something


    You had it faster than me at least! Is that useful moral support?

  25. #1575
    Fandom Ambassador Freack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A Daze
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: That was the update. A 13 year wait will follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by obolisk0430 View Post
    Jane's land's name's first part being crypts doesn't set a theme, because we've only seen the one.
    Blargh. If there is one thing we love, it is making patterns based on not nearly enough information. Like most of the information we have put together of Aspects is based on at max two examples. Or the stuff about Hero-title effecting lands.

    This set of guesses makes more sense than a lot of those.
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •